The Franchise
CBarca
neuro11
barcaholic
windkick
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:17 pm

I said he would maybe be better defensively (tackling positioning) then Mascherano but would still be a downgrade due to speed and stamina alone
He is a 34 year old cancer survivor who has lost a lot of his main attributes (whether from the surgery or just age) we already have a puyol we hardly need another old defender who would not benefit us.
Bias alone, not just to you but everyone seems to love his character or what he has done with his life (surviving and coming back from it) as inspiring as it is, from a club standpoint he brings nothing to the club but liabilities.
if he stayed for all we know we might of sold or not played Bartra at all.
it was better he left.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:06 pm

That dont make sense. Nobody sells a 22 year old CB with talent because they want to keep a 34 year old on a 1 year deal.

Stamina? He is a CB...when do they ever get so tired it effects their performance? Almost never.

Speed? Pique is hardly threading water. I bet even now Abidal smokes him.

All I care about is if he is on par with what we have (Mascherano), from the evidence I saw, he was that.

But that's all irrelevant really. The only point im even making is, taking everything into account, would rather have Abidal than Mascherano. Even if Abidal hardly ever plays.

Right now, every single Mascherano has played should of gone to Bartra and every minute Bartra has had, could of been Abidal's. Or even less, it dont really matter.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:28 pm

your looking at it as if you were the coach.

If Abidal stayed we would of still kept Mascherano, safe to say Bartra would of had more of a challenge to even make it into the starting lineup with Abidal as his competition or Mascherano.

Also take into consideration in August we offered Bartra a new contract as it runs out in 2014, and he turned it down, so yes it would be stupid to sell a young prospect but that wouldn't be our decision should he decide to leave.

Stamina does matter especially for Abidal why do you think he almost always gets subbed and can't last a full game.. it's silly to say it doesn't affect a centerback.

Pique is slow I have stated that many times but if we pair him with abidal it'll be horrible, we don't need a player like Abi, we need a tall, strong and more importantly fast defender to make up for Pique's lack of speed (considering Pique stays in our starting 11 which seems the most likely situation as I cannot imagine him in the bench)
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:22 am

Im looking at it only as what is logical to me and what could/should of happened. First part being Mascherano's getting his ass sent out.

I didnt say it doesnt effect a CB, I am saying when has fatigue ever been so drastic for a CB that he had to be removed.

A quick check shows me Abidal's last 10 games, he was subbed off in 0 of them. So an explanation on how that can be would be great.

And I disagree with what your assessment of what Pique needs next to him. I think you think athletic ability is more important than it really is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:03 am

Official: Barcelona third goalkeeper Oier is out for 4 to 6 weeks after he suffered a dislocation of a finger on training this evening

Official: Afellay, who is recovering from a thigh muscle injury, has done part of today's training session with the other players #fcblive
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:26 am

So I've made a couple of Barca-related charts:

The first shows that on average we rotate more heavily than the rest of the top 3 in the league, and that Atleti's reliance on their fist eleven is probably not sustainable in the long term.

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  - Page 3 Ew3G5jX

The second compares how many minutes players are getting under Tito and Tata in La Liga, for the players that played under both seasons.

Not Worthy of a Thread - Barca/Non Barca discussion  - Page 3 XM85XHL
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:50 am

for the second chart thats counting Tit's whole year or just under half the season?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:56 am

Whole year. I couldn't find the data for only at half-season, if anyone has that I would be happy to make the change.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:08 am

oh no I was just curious very good data overall and interesting, can't wait to see how it matches up once Tata finishes his first year.
one thing that surprised me was under Tata, Xavi and Iniesta was used more, but that may change throughout the end of the year.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:56 am

The Marc Bartra one Proud

Tata Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum