So what players do you rate as "world class players"?

+23
Collblanc
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rossoneri Ninja
S
ExtremistEnigma
Lupi
Arquitecto
BORUSSIA!!
Busby Babe
Milantildeath
Onyx
urbaNRoots
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
zarola
Nishankly
RealGunner
M99
Ganso
rwo power
Valkyrja
Blue Barrett
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

So what players do you rate as "world class players"? - Page 3 Empty Re: So what players do you rate as "world class players"?

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Alonso has been the pinnacle of the distributing midfielder for 5+ years, maintaining incredible consistency in performance for club and country.

Busquets, the most technically gifted anchor in the world, perhaps the most tactically astute Dm in the world also, and like Alonso has a high lvl of consistent performances for several years now for club and country.

Fabregas, most devastating midfielder in terms of efficacy whether it be assisting or scoring. He has done so consistently for many years.  

Overwhelming talent + consistency ( years) + high level of play = WC

Cesc has been everything but WC in the last 2 years. Alonso was good until the last season, I've never considered Busquets world-class but that's my pure opinion.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

So what players do you rate as "world class players"? - Page 3 Empty Re: So what players do you rate as "world class players"?

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:55 pm

jibers wrote:World class is irrelevant. If you do your duty you are fine, Couldn't care less of some arbitrary labeling system by internet tacticians.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

jibers wrote:World class is irrelevant. If you do your duty you are fine, Couldn't care less of some arbitrary labeling system by internet tacticians.

No topic concerning football is deemed irrelevant on a "football" forum
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

No topic concerning football is deemed irrelevant on a "football" forum

You are within your right to say that as I am within my right to say mine. I just don't think this WC thing holds any water. It holds no meaning for me.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Its not something generated by "internet tacticians", its very common in football to use that terms. Pundits, commentators, coaches & even players use that term. Everyone uses that term in football. Its an internet football forum and we're discussing matters relating to football. You're not making sense with that. You don't ALWAYS have to try so hard to be THE contrarian. Don't even know what you're on about.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think there's certain rules/facts that should be followed in order to determine whether a player is WC or not. It's subjective.
By your previous theory you'd call Quaresma world class? He did have world class talent and he did have a few brilliant matches. Is he world class to you?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:39 pm

GK: Casillas, Buffon, Handanovic, Neuer, Cech, Cesar

CB: Thiago Silva, Vidic, Barzagli, Chiellini, Kompany

FB: Lahm , Dani Alves, Alaba

DM/CM: Busquets , De Rossi, Xavi, Schweinsteiger , Iniesta, Pirlo, Gundogan, Vidal

AM/WF: Mata, Silva, Ozil, Hamsik, Ronaldo , Robben , Ribery, Bale

SS/CF: Rooney , Aguero , Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Cavani , Messi , Falcao , Van Persie, Rooney, Lewandowski
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think there's certain rules/facts that should be followed in order to determine whether a player is WC or not. It's subjective.
By your previous theory you'd call Quaresma world class? He did have world class talent and he did have a few brilliant matches. Is he world class to you?

The WC ability has to be consistent. The player can't be called WC if he's WC for a bit and then declines.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

The WC ability has to be consistent. The player can't be called WC if he's WC for a bit and then declines.

WC for a bit doesn't exist man
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:15 am

Being harsh before kind:

GK: Buffon, Neuer

CB: Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Kompany

DM/CM: Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Vidal

AM/WF: Mata, Ribery, Bale, Reus, Gotze

SS/CF: Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Cavani , Messi , Falcao , Van Persie, Lewandowski
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:37 am

WC 2014 will cement many players as world-class, especially the 91-93 generations IMO
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 am

TheRedStag wrote:Being harsh before kind:

GK:  Buffon, Neuer

CB: Thiago Silva, Chiellini, Kompany

DM/CM: Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Vidal

AM/WF: Mata, Ribery, Bale, Reus, Gotze

SS/CF: Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Cavani , Messi , Falcao , Van Persie, Lewandowski
So Kompany is better than say Barzaghli in your book?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:33 pm

I've never heard of "Barzaghli" :coffee:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Barzagli. FFS just answer Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:49 pm

I think they are of similar quality. I had Chiellini in already and none from PL so I put him in.

Do you rate Alba higher than Alaba?

Cazorla higher than Kroos?

Alonso higher than Busquets?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:26 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Barzagli. FFS just answer Laughing
?

You were so anxious for me to answer your question and then you stay on for hours afterwards and don't answer yourself?

Awkward.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:43 am

Where's Ronaldo IC?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:43 pm

something-red wrote:Where's Ronaldo IC?

I'm not a fan of Ronaldo.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:46 pm

TheRedStag wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Barzagli. FFS just answer Laughing
?

You were so anxious for me to answer your question and then you stay on for hours afterwards and don't answer yourself?

Awkward.
I'm always logged on and my computer is almost always on. Doesn't mean I'm around or I'm on the site that often.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 pm

TheRedStag wrote:I think they are of similar quality. I had Chiellini in already and none from PL so I put him in.

Do you rate Alba higher than Alaba?

Cazorla higher than Kroos?

Alonso higher than Busquets?
And no, I don't rate Alba higher than Alaba. Just forgot to mention Alaba.

Cazorla and Kroos are two different players imo. Not fair to make a direct comparison.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Nah they're not that different. A comparison is fair.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3