van Pizzle

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

van Pizzle  Empty van Pizzle

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:29 pm

In this thread we will discuss about Robin van Persie Very Happy.

RvP up for the challenge

Robin van Persie discusses his first meeting with David Moyes in an exclusive episode of 'Paddy Meets..' coming soon on MUTV.

van Pizzle  72605_10151577850637746_322966648_n

Last season's leading scorer in the Barclays Premier League has joined up with the squad in Sydney after missing the opening match in Bangkok due to his summer exertions with Holland.

Keen to make up for lost time, he is relishing the challenge of firing the club to more success under the new manager.

"I came [over] a bit late," he told MUTV's Paddy Crerand during their in-depth discussion. "Yes, it was the first time I'd met David and the first time I spoke to him. He came across as really nice and I had a good [training] session yesterday.

"It is all new but sometimes it is good as well to have a new challenge and to work with new people with new ideas. It gives you a big challenge but I'm looking forward to it. Everyone looks forward to it. The guys are working hard and I have to follow now.

"Every training [session] is a big challenge - especially now everyone starts again on zero and you have to earn your place again."
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

van Pizzle  Empty Re: van Pizzle

Post by RED Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Gave all them Aussies and British expats something to smile about today. Money well spent for them.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Happy Birthday to RVP cheers 
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:42 am

Robin van Persie wrote:We have been working very hard from the day we started our tour to Asia and Australia. This will result in good matches - that's for sure. There is a very good atmosphere at the club.

I'm happy with the style of Moyes; he does his own training sessions; he's close with the players and, with his staff, prepares us very well for the next opponents. That keeps us in shape. And he has given us hunger for more [success].
RvP Proud

Moyes Proud

Priceless Proud
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Great goal.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:57 am

Goal machine :bow:

Absolute beauty, he really finished in his style that first goal.

I have a feeling that he will be the topscorer in EPL for the 3rd season in a row.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:11 pm

In decline, and it's evident to see with each passing week.

Doesn't offer us nothing up front. Looks slow, laboured, shots are weak, haggles on the ball for too long breaking our momentum, greedy on the ball, makes wrong decisions and is barely making any runs.

Not basing that on today's performance, but for over a year he's been like this.

Wilson came on and in his brief stint showed more than RVP did the whole game.

wtf needs to happen for LVG to drop his best mate? This is annyong now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Just to carry this on from the Daley Blind thread..

He will most likely start against Arsenal...

...meaning Rooney will have to drop to MF..

...and in turn, RVP will have another awful game.

Just the sight of him in our starting 11 pisses me off. He's not good enough anymore, he doesnt deserve a starting role.

Wit the form Rooney is in atm, if he doesnt start as our lone striker tomorrow, LVG is taking the piss and is clearly picking RVP because of their friendship, rather than for the benefit of the team.

I'd have Wilson ahead of RVP too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:57 pm

He's so much worse than last season too, not just 12/13. Our highest scorer this season has only 3 goals and I put that on LvG and RvP. It's like when we were under Moyes, I knew we were doomed but I hoped Moyes would prove me wrong. It's the same with RvP I hope he can prove us wrong, but I don't think he will.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:50 pm

the number of clear cut chances he gets these days which he shoots wide or harmlessly straight at the keeper is just....  :facepalm:

Just because he gets a free pass on each match day and starts someone as good as Herrera is suffering and warming the bench. I am sure there aint going to be much difference in the scenario even tomorrow. Herrera will still be on the bench with Carrick and Fellaini as the CMs behind rvp and rooney. Mad

And this season van Persie is incredibly lucky as well. He will play 89 minutes like crap and then suddenly from somewhere he will get a rebound or a tap in which he will bury thereby making him undroppable for the next game. Chelsea match for instance. That rebound which courtois saved there were many players and yet it was only van persie who got that opportunity.
Initially I thought it was wilson who got that goal and hence I was so happy but later I realized its rvp and then the reaction was 'oh okay' Rolling Eyes

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm

I'm happy he scored, it's not his fault that he starts. I hope he scores tomorrow too.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Busby Babe wrote:I'm happy he scored, it's not his fault that he starts. I hope he scores tomorrow too.

yea me too. Dont get me wrong. I too was happy we scored that goal and got that point. But its just when thinking whether he deserved that goal after playing crap for 90% of the match.

He still has that world class technique left in him which set him apart some years ago from other strikers which helped him become a goal machine and its heartening to see him still getting into goal scoring positions but his end product has gone. so as his other attributes like athleticism, agility and off the ball movement.
True its not entirely his fault he is starting but his closeness to van G has a bearing clearly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:06 am

They showed on MOTD that he had 12 touches today, Wilson in comparison had 18 in 20 mins. It also seems like our players don't want to pass it to him anymore, like they don't trust him to do something useful with it. I actually think he's getting worse as the season goes on. At least before he was missing one-on-ones now he's not even getting in position to miss the chances. His decline has almost been too sharp, even Eto'o plays better than this.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:25 pm

I couldn't believe it when they showed that. We were basically playing with 10 men until Wilson was subbed for him.

This is where I'm gonna fall out of favour with LVG. He was meant to be a no nonsense type of character who didnt take any bull when it comes to player performances, regardless of reputation, yet here he is continously playing a player who looks to have declined and offers eff all to the team.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:48 pm

To put it into perspective, that was the lowest number of touches any United player has had in a decade(including goalkeepers).

It's also the lowest number of touches any player has had in a match this season (also including goal keepers). Van Persie is in the list twice, with his game against Man City also included in the top ten.

In the Arsenal game, one of his touches was from kick-off, one was a corner so only 10 touches were from open play. To make it worse, two were missed place passes and another two were clearances from corners. We literally were playing with 10 men.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:33 pm

ugh :facepalm:

You know what my frustrations towards him ultimately boils down to? His overall poor play compounds my anger towards his general unprofessional attitude he had last season. Where he decided to not bother with the season and sulk over SAF's departure.

His enthusiasm after Moyes was sacked made me think that under LVG we will see him back to his best, but nope.

I'll always be grateful for what he did for the club in his first season. But it's time to move on. Him playing week in week out in the starting 11 is hindering us. Not entirely his fault he is being picked, LVG is taking the p too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:41 pm

It is a lack effort, 36 year old Dider Drogba tries harder than this. Also has the same amount of goals, with much better general player.

Honestly when I watch van Persie play like this and sulk, I just can't help but feel he's so Arsenal.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:08 pm

Good news: Louis van Gaal thinks van Persie's performances haven't been good enough, not just his lack of goals

Bad news: He blames it on a lack of belief, which means he might not bench him because he thinks it will only hurt his confidence even more.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/28/robin-van-persie-manchester-united-place-louis-van-gaal

If he plays van Persie over Wilson, I will at least be able to understand, but once Falcao is fit again I don't think he has a choice.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:26 am

Yeah sure, "lack of belief" that's what it is Rolling Eyes explains the reason he's been playing like garbage and posessing such a piss poor attitude too for the past 12+ months Rolling Eyes

Sounds like a cop out from LVG. Should atleast come up with a more plausible excuse for him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:22 am

This could be his last chance. Hull game. Falcao wont start today and is expected to only feature as a sub if he do feature. But will come straight into the scheme of things from next week onwards. And considering lVg is gonna stick with 4-3-3 for the foreseeable future, its gonna be game over for our Pizzle boy if he is not willing to show desire and intent at least today. Perform or just fo so.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:10 pm

I really dislike this guy, always have since he was at Arsenal. Only tolerated him because he was one of ours and effectively won us the league in 2013 (which I'll always be thankful for).

But his body language and attitude, mixed with his awful performances starting from last season...seriously, he could go do one. He's a passenger, dead weight, hindering our attacks time and time again.

LVG needs to grow some balls, drop him and just stick Rooney up front as a lone front man.

But we know he won't drop his mate. Ridiculous.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:16 pm

His ability not only to play shite but also not look arsed is actually incredible. We didn't even need a world class striker out there, an average striker would have done the job. Seriously, f*cking Danny Ings would have done better than him today. Our fixture list is by faaaar the hardest out of rivals. Our January and Feburary form might have lost us our top 4 place.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:26 pm

so long RVP, pretty much won us #20 himself that season...wish him nothing but the best

van Pizzle  CJt3B31WUAAg22n
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:11 pm

I gave him a lot of stick in this thread, last two season's attitude on the pitch just not good enough. Nonetheless, I wish him the absolute best. At his peak a beauty to watch. Thanks for #20
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:00 pm

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite