iorentina CEO Mencucci: Several sides chasing Jovetic

Go down

iorentina CEO Mencucci: Several sides chasing Jovetic Empty iorentina CEO Mencucci: Several sides chasing Jovetic

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:47 am

The Viola supremo still believes that Juventus are keen on the Montenegro international - even after the arrival of Carlos Tevez in Turin

There are "several teams" interested in signing star striker Stevan Jovetic, according to Fiorentina CEO Sandro Mencucci.

The Montenegro international revealed earlier this month that he would like to leave the Viola, explaining that he desired "stimulation elsewhere".

It has been suggested that Juventus, who have reportedly been leading the chase for his signature, might drop their interest following the signing of Carlos Tevez from Manchester City, but Mencucci does not see it that way.

"It doesn't seem so to me," he told reporters on Friday. "Anyway, there are several teams interested in Jovetic.

"Having said that, I am one of those that would want him to remain in Florence, even though I realise that after what he told the press, that's become more difficult."

Meanwhile, Mencucci dismissed reports that Fiorentina's mooted move for Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez hinges on what happens with Jovetic.

"There are no negotiations related to each other, even if it is normal that sometimes when you move valuable players, it can create a domino effect," he added. "But this applies not only to us, but for all clubs."

Jovetic joined the Viola from Partizan Belgrade in 2008 and has established himself as one of the most exciting young forwards in Serie A over the past five years.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

iorentina CEO Mencucci: Several sides chasing Jovetic Empty Re: iorentina CEO Mencucci: Several sides chasing Jovetic

Post by DeviAngel Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Fiorentina general manager Sandro Mencucci confirms interest in Mario Gomez and that Juventus are still tracking Stevan Jovetic.

“It is beyond doubt that Gomez is one of the players who interests us,” Mencucci told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I can also tell you that Fiorentina are one of the teams he is keeping in mind should be change jersey this summer.”

The German international is set to leave Bayern Munich in order to seek more playing time, but has also been linked with Napoli and several Premier League sides.

Mencucci also commented on Jovetic, who could still join Juventus despite the fact they signed Carlos Tevez for €9m plus a potential further €6m in performance-related bonuses.

“Jovetic to Juventus? Money has no scent, so in financial terms we do not rule any club out. Admittedly the Della Valle family wouldn’t be very happy if he went there and perhaps would have something to say.”

The Viola have a very tense rapport with old rivals Juventus and would prefer not to do business with the Turin giants.

Jovetic has a €30m buy-out clause in his contract and has also been linked with Arsenal.

“I met with our directors on Thursday and emerged very confident a great Fiorentina will emerge. You just need to give us a little time, as the options we are working on are very important.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down