futbol
Donuts
huntsman
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arbeloa strikes back  Empty Arbeloa strikes back

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:55 am

"I think that this issue about the club’s values has been used as a weapon against Real Madrid," he told Efe. "It has conveniently been used on occasion.

"I feel that the most important thing is that the team has given everything it has got out on the field to win. I might add that Santiago Bernabeu was a president who always spoke his mind.

"If you look back at everything that Mourinho has said, you’ll see that those values are present in the words he says – to win by giving everything to defend the Real Madrid crest.

"When you spend three years at a club like Real Madrid you cannot always make the right decisions. We all make mistakes, I make mistakes every day. When you are Real Madrid’s coach and you have to make many big decisions, you are bound to get some wrong. I am sure that Mourinho made mistakes but he made them with the belief that he was doing the best for the team and without any bad intentions. Nobody is perfect.

"Now with Ancelotti, the same could happen. I am sure he will get a lot of decisions right and some, he’ll get wrong."

Arbeloa caused a stir in the Madrid camp when he chose to side with his former boss during his row with Iker Casillas, but the Spain international insists sincerity in football is not something to be ashamed of.

When asked if his defence of Mourinho had caused some problems in the squad, he said: "Sometimes, but it’s something I have to accept. I know that I am not the most affable player as far as the press in concerned. For one reason or another I have tried to ignore what the press say – even when they are saying something positive.

"I have always told them what I thought when they have written something which I don’t like. Not many footballers can say the same – a lot of players keep quiet, fearing they will be punished. I have never been afraid to speak my mind and when the press write something which isn’t true, I have always responded with respect. But that has caused me to make many enemies.

"In the football world and in the world in general, today it seems that being sincere is viewed badly."
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa strikes back  Empty Arbelao one more time

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:04 am

Arbeloa: Spain's Prime Minister should be grateful to Mourinho

The Real Madrid defender believes the Portuguese served as a useful distraction for the Spanish government during the recent turbulence in the nation's economy

Alvaro Arbeloa has defended former Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho's period at the club, claiming the Spanish Prime Minister should be grateful that the 50-year-old served as such a useful distraction for the nation.

The Portuguese coach left his post at Santiago Bernabeu at the end of last season after a controversial three-year spell in charge, with several members of the first-team squad and the nation's press becoming embroiled in confrontations with the new Chelsea boss.

Arbeloa, however, insists he and the majority of the squad enjoyed an excellent working relationship with their former coach, and suggested his time in Spain was useful in distracting the public from the tough austerity measures introduced to the country over recent years.

"I will always be grateful to him for the way he treated me as a person and for the faith he showed in me," he explained to Efe.

"Above all else he gave me the mentality and intensity to want to win every single day. He made me understand that you have to work hard constantly because in the end, that is what brings success.

"I have been very lucky to have maintained good relationships with all of the coaches I have had during my career. I am more or less regularly in contact with [Joaquin] Caparros, [Rafa] Benitez, [Manuel] Pellegrini, Luis Aragones and Vicente [del Bosque]. I get along with all of them and although that might seem strange to some, for me, it’s very positive.

"If there are arguments [within the squad about his exit] it’s because Mourinho is a person who leaves no-one indifferent. You’re either with him to the death or against him. I think that during these past three years, there has been too much talk about him. Everyone has an opinion about him. Spain’s Prime Minister should be grateful to Mou because he diverted the attention away from some of the other issues that are going on in Spain.

"Many of us showed our gratitude and thanked him although some people seem to think that it was only me. Within the squad, more players thanked Mourinho than those who didn’t."

Arbeloa was asked if he could empathise with Marco Materazzi, who was visibly moved when Mourinho left Inter at the end of the 2009-10 campaign, but the Spaniard insists it is a different situation.

"It’s not the same. At Inter, he left under different circumstances – after winning three trophies while at Real Madrid, he left under a cloud but we all knew that he wouldn’t be continuing," he stated.

Finally, Arbeloa stressed there is no bad blood between himself and any of his team-mates as he has always stood staunchly by them when they have been under fire directly.

"If anyone has ever defended my team-mates and stood up for them whenever someone has thrust a microphone at us, it’s been me. I have never accused them of anything – quite the opposite. I have always stood by them and so my conscience is clear."
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa strikes back  Empty Re: Arbeloa strikes back

Post by Donuts Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:30 am

I don't think he understands Mou can't grant him a spot anymore.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Donuts wrote:I don't think he understands Mou can't grant him a spot anymore.

rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:42 pm

As much as i don't really care , i like his words.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:56 pm

Nice hunts.
Good read
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:24 pm

i think he watched carvajal highlights from last year and tried to get a spot in a blue kit instead.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:08 pm

SMH people :facepalm:

Or maybe you know... Arbeloa has opinions he would like to share?

It was a good read. Arbeloa has some interesting thoughts and I agree with what he said. Him and Xabi has clearly shown that they're our two more mature players.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Körbl Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:19 pm

My respect for Arbeloa as a person keeps raising. You can say what

you want about his game but as a person he is quality.
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Maybe Mourinho gave him some promises who knows.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:25 pm

how can you respect someone who is tryi g to kiss as much arse as possible to get a job with Chelsea Laughing Mou is gone and Arbeloa is irrelevant... he can't handle that. the guys you should respect are the ones who shut their mouth and move on. Not some diarrhea mouth has been.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:25 pm

^^ only flaw with that is you're implying Arbeloa is speaking well of Mourinho due to a promise.

What about every other player that was come out over the years and held Mou in the highest regard? Mou surely can't be making promises with all of them.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm honestly not reading a thread about a player the OP can't spell.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:39 am

Meh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion..

He's still a fraud of a player though, how is starts for Madrid and Spain is beyond me Laughing 
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Arbeloa....was top class a while ago, very solid RB, better defensive going forward obviously, thats hes real weakness, I think he gets unfair treatment as times since Real have narrow midfield he gets outnumbered but does his job well most of the time, dont understnad the hate, standard GL Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Wait you said what?? he has a midfielder that has been slaving around for him for the last three. You can't say the same about our poor LBs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Always said that he is the perfect back-up, being capable to play RB, LB, even CB, never complains. IMO one of the players who helps keeping the squad together.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Always said that he is the perfect back-up, being capable to play RB, LB, even CB, never complains. IMO one of the players who helps keeping the squad together.

Key-word being 'back up' i.e. he should only see the pitch when there is an emergency Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:50 pm

According to Cadena SER: Alvaro Arbeloa, who broke Casillas' wrist a year ago, was the one who injured Bale in training & club covered it up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Thug Mad
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Secret Barca agent hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Arbeloa's done well recently. He needed that heel turn. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:16 am

Alvaro Arbeloa: "Someday I'll see Pique at a comedy club still talking about Real Madrid. He's obsessed with us."

I love this guy :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:19 am

Pique got every Madrid player, past and current talking about him. Good, good. Twisted Evil
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:24 am

It's hilarious how Pique got under everyone's skin just by posting some smileys on Twitter.

Ronaldo (Real Madrid): "Pique's tweet on Madrid lining up ineligible player? He's jealous of Real Madrid, I won't give him free publicity."

Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: