+5
RealGunner
SamuelJayC
EL Patron
Raptorgunner
Wilson37
9 posters

Go down

Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman Empty Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman 296114_10151550252887713_1508993946_n

Arsenal Football Club has announced that Sir Chips Keswick has been appointed chairman.
It follows the decision by Peter Hill-Wood to stand down from the board for health reasons. Mr Hill-Wood, who has been Arsenal chairman since 1982, is recovering after a heart attack last year.

Mr Hill-Wood's grandfather, Sir Samuel, and father, Denis, were the Club's previous chairmen in a period stretching back to 1927.
Mr Hill-Wood, 77, said: “This has been a difficult decision as Arsenal Football Club has been a huge part of my life. Although I am feeling better I feel this is the right time for me to stand down. I would like to thank our majority owner, Stan Kroenke, for the respectful and dignified way he has handled this and I know Sir Chips is the right person to take the Club forward.”
Mr Hill-Wood joined the board in 1962 when his father became chairman. Since then he has been at the heart of all the Club’s major decisions, including the move from Highbury to Emirates Stadium.
Arsenal’s majority owner Mr Kroenke said: “Peter has been a wonderful custodian of this Club. He has been a member of the Arsenal board for 51 years and his vision and steadfastness have been central to the successes of this great Club over that time. Peter will be sorely missed but we will ensure we recognise his many contributions to the Club in an appropriate way.”
A lifelong fan, Sir Chips, 73, has been on the Arsenal board since 2005. He is the former chairman of Hambros Bank and a director of the Bank of England. In his role as chairman, Sir Chips will work directly with Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis on the Club’s football and business ambitions.
Mr Kroenke said: “I am delighted that Sir Chips has agreed to become chairman. He has a well respected track record in business and he will provide further direction and support in our ambition to compete at the top of the game here and in Europe and to win trophies.”
Sir Chips said of his appointment: “Firstly, I am sad to see Peter standing down due to his health and we all hope he continues well in his recovery. The Hill-Wood family has made an extraordinary contribution to Arsenal over many decades. They have been central to the Club’s many achievements during this time.
“I am greatly honoured to have been appointed chairman of Arsenal Football Club. This is one of the great clubs in the game, recognised and loved by millions. I am looking forward to leading the Club to future success.”
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman Empty Re: Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:15 pm

I dont know why but I already like this guy.Laughing
Sir Chips Keswick is potentially the most baller name ever for a chairman.Very Happy:proud:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman Empty Re: Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:24 pm

rofl, he is just another member of the Hillwood, Kroenke, Gazidis click so nothing new here
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:26 pm

... wrote:Mr Hill-Wood, who has been Arsenal chairman since 1982,

Mr Hill-Wood's grandfather, Sir Samuel, and father, Denis, were the Club's previous chairmen in a period stretching back to 1927.

“Peter has been a wonderful custodian of this Club. He has been a member of the Arsenal board for 51 years
didnt know that..
he certainly deserves more respect than being given here, by some fans calling him Deadwood and being blamed like a money minded man milking the fans..
All the best Mr.Hillwood.. Thanks for everything..:bow:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:34 pm

I know very very little about him apart from what I've read today, but a change was needed due to health concerns and stagnation. Which he was younger though..
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:I know very very little about him apart from what I've read today, but a change was needed due to health concerns and stagnation. Which he was younger though..
yes.. the only incident i remember him was a somewhat rude statement challenging fans last year which raised lots of hatred against him..
but over the last 30+ years he would have been involved and influential in many wise and successful decisions, which have taken the club forward, including the appointment of Wenger, the glory years and the shift to Emirates.. and the stand taken not to give power into the hands of some billionaire playboy...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:28 pm

Good luck to him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Chips? 

Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman 7uNdlRQ
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:Good luck to him

RG why is the quote thing not working for me? this is how I can replay only.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Click on the switch editor mode. 4th icon in the last column of the buttons. icon looks like a newspaper
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Click on the switch editor mode. 4th icon in the last column of the buttons. icon looks like a newspaper

Thank you.cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:18 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Click on the switch editor mode. 4th icon in the last column of the buttons. icon looks like a newspaper

Thank you.cheers

i see
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:00 am

Dope name!!! Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Sir Chips Keswick appointed as new chairman Keep-c11
Proud
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down