Felipe Melo rules out Juventus return

Go down

Felipe Melo rules out Juventus return Empty Felipe Melo rules out Juventus return

Post by Juventude Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Felipe Melo has ruled out a return to Juventus after his loan stint at Galatasaray ended and revealed he could move back to Brazil instead.

The Brazilian is currently on holiday in his homeland after the Turkish club decided to not take up their option to sign him outright for the second year running.

As a result, Melo’s future is up in the air but the 29-year-old is adamant he will not be staying with Serie A champions Juve, as reported on Football Italia.

He said: "I left Juventus and went to Galatasaray where I won three titles in two years. Going back [to Juve] is not really an option right now.

"I talked to my coach and other people who have been open with me. They asked me if I wanted to come back.

"I’m truthful and said I didn’t want to."

A number of European and Brazilian clubs are said to be chasing the Brazil international’s signature, and former club Flamengo have reportedly made a bid of €4 million.

The defensive midfielder has revealed he is open to returning to Brazil, where he has also played for Cruzeiro and Grêmio, and that he would be happy to play for a team like São Paulo.

Melo added: "Before I went to Galatasaray I almost signed for São Paulo.

"There are huge players there like Luís Fabiano, who I have played with in the national team.

"They have a personality like me, so if they can play for São Paulo then why can’t I?"
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down