Oh, José rung Adelaide and told you this himself? scratch

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:43 am

Shed wrote:Oh, José rung Adelaide and told you this himself? scratch

When was the last time we sold a starting XI player?

We won't sell him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:46 am

Luiz is not a starting XI player under Mourinho. That's the point.

He's not a Mourinho player and if the club can fetch the upwards of €40m-€45m fee being talked about for him, he'd be gone without a second though I reckon.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:49 am

Shed wrote:Luiz is not a starting XI player under Mourinho. That's the point.

He's not a Mourinho player and if the club can fetch the upwards of €40m-€45m fee being talked about for him, he'd be gone without a second though I reckon.

In what universe is DL4 not a starter at Chelsea? Laughing

He may not be a Mourinho type player but he is our best defender and any team which doesn't feature him in a starting XI is just absurd.

Also, what kind of bench player fetches €40m?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:58 am

Yes, he's not a starter for a Jose Mourinho side. Use your head, Kicky. Is he going to start at CB? No. Is he going to start over a natural defensive midfielder in CM who's not more interested in making wild, darting runs forward than at actually doing his job like David is? No. He'll be a rotation option at best.

As for the last sentence, that's precisely the reason to get rid. If someone like a PSG is dumb enough to fork out €40m (not saying they are, just going by unsubstantiated media reports like the rest of us) on a player who's proven nothing in 3 years at the club, we'd accept it in a heartbeat and buy 2 superior players in his place.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:13 am

Shed wrote:Yes, he's not a starter for a Jose Mourinho side. Use your head, Kicky. Is he going to start at CB? No. Is he going to start over a natural defensive midfielder in CM who's not more interested in making wild, darting runs forward than at actually doing his job like David is? No. He'll be a rotation option at best.

As for the last sentence, that's precisely the reason to get rid. If someone like a PSG is dumb enough to fork out €40m (not saying they are, just going by unsubstantiated media reports like the rest of us) on a player who's proven nothing in 3 years at the club, we'd accept it in a heartbeat and buy 2 superior players in his place.

We've had 4 managers with David Luiz there, He was starters in all of them. Four different managers who all played different styles and wanted different things from their players. We've had managers who played defencively, we've had managers who playing an attacking style. All of them only agreed on two things in defence. Cole was a starter and David Luiz was a starter. Why would it change with Mourinho? I don't think it will.

I have said, personally, I'd take €40m for DL4, but I don't believe the club will. If we do, I can imagine we'll get bids left right and center for our other players. Before you know it, we've become a selling club.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:21 am

He was a somewhat starter under all those manager because there was no one better. We didn't have a title-challenging squad at that time and the expectations collectively and individually weren't anywhere near as high as they once were. Just to recap, during his 3 seasons here, we finished 9 points off top, 25 points off top, and 14 points off top. Not saying that's his fault alone of course but the squads haven't been good enough. That's going to change under Mourinho and players good enough to challenge for the Premiership and the Champions League will be brought in, and I can see him being a casualty of it.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:29 am

Shed wrote:He was a somewhat starter under all those manager because there was no one better. We didn't have a title-challenging squad at that time and the expectations collectively and individually weren't anywhere near as high as they once were. Just to recap, during his 3 seasons here, we finished 9 points off top, 25 points off top, and 14 points off top. Not saying that's his fault alone of course but the squads haven't been good enough. That's going to change under Mourinho and players good enough to challenge for the Premiership and the Champions League will be brought in, and I can see him being a casualty of it.

It took Luiz 6 months to displace Alex, he hasn't looked back. Of all of our CB's, David Luiz, on form, is the most likely to form a title winning defence. Also, How can you blame one person for our results over a season? David Luiz certainly doesn't cost us any more games than Terry or Ivanovic have over the last 3 seasons. Also, Jose said that he isn't looking for the title in the first season, he wants top 4 first. Then he wants improvement. He also said there won't be an overhaul, So no, I don't think DL4 will be a casuality of Jose.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:35 am

Kick wrote:It took Luiz 6 months to displace Alex, he hasn't looked back. Of all of our CB's, David Luiz, on form, is the most likely to form a title winning defence. Also, How can you blame one person for our results over a season? David Luiz certainly doesn't cost us any more games than Terry or Ivanovic have over the last 3 seasons. Also, Jose said that he isn't looking for the title in the first season, he wants top 4 first. Then he wants improvement. He also said there won't be an overhaul, So no, I don't think DL4 will be a casuality of Jose.

"Just to recap, during his 3 seasons here, we finished 9 points off top, 25 points off top, and 14 points off top. Not saying that's his fault alone of course but the squads haven't been good enough."

Can you read?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 am

http://25.media.tumblr.com/5c65eaa684fef2fa9f70effcfbd85cd7/tumblr_mm7gpeVokp1r6aoq4o1_250.gif
Shed is the girl in Pink, Kick is the Horse.

If you're not blaming him, why bring up the point?

all I am saying is that David Luiz is our best CB, Jose will work with him and will find a place for him in the team simply because he is too talented not to be starting.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:49 am

I'm bringing up the point because you did. You said that because he was a starter for teams with far less quality than the one we're presumably looking to have going into the start of next season whose aims were to finish Top 4, he's good enough to be starter for a team who's looking to win the title and compete in the latter stages of Europe. I'm saying that in Jose's style, he isn't.

Also, as for this:

Kick wrote:Jose said that he isn't looking for the title in the first season, he wants top 4 first.

Clearly a line of cockamamie bullshit designed to lower expectations in case he bombs. Make no mistake about it, the absolute aim this year put forth by the club is to seriously compete for the championship.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:56 am

Shed wrote:I'm bringing up the point because you did. You said that because he was a starter for teams with far less quality than the one we're presumably looking to have going into the start of next season whose aims were to finish Top 4, he's good enough to be starter for a team who's looking to win the title and compete in the latter stages of Europe. I'm saying that in Jose's style, he isn't.

Also, as for this:

Kick wrote:Jose said that he isn't looking for the title in the first season, he wants top 4 first.

Clearly a line of cockamamie bullshit designed to lower expectations in case he bombs. Make no mistake about it, the absolute aim this year put forth by the club is to seriously compete for the championship.

So yet David Luiz being the only Certain CB starter in all 4 managers teams, you think he will be the one to be axed by Mourinho?

Or Jose and the club don't expect what the press think will happen and are being realistic? hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:06 am

It's also a myth that he was a certain starter in these seasons. He played alot last season because JT was injured for much of it and the only other options were Cahill who's meh and Ivanovic, but the season before he only featured in 20 league games, starting 18 of them. That's less than half. All this while, mind, our defence has been a trainwreck - again, not down solely to him but he's part of it.

Kick wrote:Or Jose and the club don't expect what the press think will happen and are being realistic? hmm

Or the club are expecting an actual title challenge after 3 years of relative anonymity from contention for it, after spending several hundred million pounds on players, huge amounts on wages wages for players expecting to be challenging for more than a domestic cup every season, and bringing in the supposed 'best manager in the world'.

Please don't delude yourself Kicky. We both know what the club's expectations are.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:16 am

Shed wrote:It's also a myth that he was a certain starter in these seasons. He played alot last season because JT was injured for much of it and the only other options were Cahill who's meh and Ivanovic, but the season before he only featured in 20 league games, starting 18 of them. That's less than half. All this while, mind, our defence has been a trainwreck - again, not down solely to him but he's part of it.

Kick wrote:Or Jose and the club don't expect what the press think will happen and are being realistic? hmm

Or the club are expecting an actual title challenge after 3 years of relative anonymity from contention for it, after spending several hundred million pounds on players, huge amounts on wages wages for players expecting to be challenging for more than a domestic cup every season, and bringing in the supposed 'best manager in the world'.

Please don't delude yourself Kicky. We both know what the club's expectations are.

He was injured for part of last season I remember. Not entirely his fault and he still played 40 games that season.

I think we are still in the squad building stage, we are almost ready to challenge but not quite there yet. Whether Jose can take us that extra step, well I am not so sure, I don't think the club believes he'll win the title either, we've gotta be realistic here.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:17 am

I didn't say win it. I said make a serious challenge for it.

That should be the absolute minimum.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:25 am

I think we will challenge for it, not seriously though, we should be content with top 4.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 am

Utterly delusional.

So you're saying that in a year where United lost Fergie and replace him with a guy who's won fcuk all in his entire career, and City appointed a manager who has zero experience in the Premier League whatsoever; and that after spending, say, £50m-£70m this year, on top of the £80m last year and £60m the season before, that we should be aiming for Top 4??

Ludicrous.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:34 am

To be fair, we have been winning things to pay for the squads.

I don't think we'll be far off the pace but of course I want us to be winning it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:37 am

We all 'want' us to win it but you're suggesting it shouldn't be our main aim to.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:40 am

No, I am suggesting we should be content with top 4. We should aim for first.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:45 am

You said we shouldn't be expecting to seriously challenge for it. Which is lunacy.

If we aren't still in the race neck-and-neck with the others, with a very real chance to win it with, say, 8 games to go in the season, this year will have been a failure.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:50 am

Shed wrote:You said we shouldn't be expecting to seriously challenge for it. Which is lunacy.

If we aren't still in the race neck-and-neck with the others, with a very real chance to win it with, say, 8 games to go in the season, this year will have been a failure.

I wouldn't be so sure.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:54 am

How? You're saying that with what could potentially be the best squad in the country by the close of the window, with the best manager of all the Top 6 teams at the helm and with both of our main rivals having changed managers to people not even close to Mourinho's pedigree, that we shouldn't be serious contenders if not even favourites up to the very end??
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:57 am

Shed wrote:How? You're saying that with what could potentially be the best squad in the country by the close of the window, with the best manager of all the Top 6 teams at the helm and with both of our main rivals having changed managers to people not even close to Mourinho's pedigree, that we shouldn't be serious contenders if not even favourites up to the very end??

What a Mourinho fanboy.

Spoiler:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:01 am

I'll take that as "I have no answer, Shed. You win."

:coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:03 am

I was just trying to see if I could get you to praise Mourinho, I actually agree with you. rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 43 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 33 ... 43  Next