If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

+67
Donuts
aleumdance
Chumlum
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Arquitecto
elm_baraja_shaman
djoe26
The Franchise
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Gunner
Adit
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Clandestino
lenear1030
futbol
LeBéninois
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
TheRedStag
M99
urbaNRoots
benedictor
Helmer
Lupi
Twoism
S
REWB
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
donttreadonred
Gil
halamadrid2
Highburied
fatman123
FennecFox7
Clockwork Orange
RedOranje
Arsenalfaithfull
Djcomplain
stevieg8
Eivindo
Grooverider
guest7
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Zealous
RealGunner
McAgger
mr-r34
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Nishankly
jibers
sportsczy
Lex
Mr Nick09
Onyx
71 posters

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 pm

LOOOOL

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:12 pm

RG bump that shit brah.....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer?CMP=twt_gu

Wanted out of England they said rofl

Media was forcing him out they said rofl

Wouldn't join another team in England they said rofl

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Suarez has spoken

Luis Suárez has pleaded with Liverpool to fulfil the promise they made a year ago and let him leave Anfield. The Uruguay striker insists that he is prepared to submit a written transfer request by the end of the week if the club continue to block his move to Arsenal. Speaking for the first time since Arsenal made a £40,000,001 bid for him, Suárez told the Guardian he believes that he has been left little alternative.

Suárez claims the club told him they would let him depart if they failed to qualify for the Champions League this season and that a clause in his contract allows him to leave should someone make a bid of more than £40m. He says he has the backing of the Professional Footballers' Association and that he his prepared to take the issue to the Premier League to force his exit and move to the Emirates before the transfer window closes on 2 September.

"Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season I'd be allowed to go," he revealed. "I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish – now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement."

"I don't feel betrayed [by Liverpool] but the club promised me something a year ago just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

"They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that. And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract. I'm not going to another club to hurt Liverpool."

"They defended me, just like I defended them on the pitch. The players have always supported me and I'm grateful for that. It's the same with the supporters. I got a great reception at the weekend and I am grateful. I don't think the supporters are angry – I think they understand a player when he has the ambition to triumph at the highest level.

"When you are at a club for as long as you are together you stick up for each other but that does not give the club the right to go back on their commitment."

"I'm 26. I need to be playing in the Champions League. I waited one year and no one can say that I did not give everything possible with my team-mates last season to get us there."

He continues: "It is not as if I am asking to move to a local rival. And I would not consider moving to a club outside the Champions League. I have made my desire to move known in private various times and now it feels like the time for me to make it public.

"I have to put my career first. People say Liverpool deserve more from me but I have scored 50goals in less than 100 games and now they could double the money they paid for me.

"People may accuse me of showing a lack of loyalty but last season we told Liverpool there was interest from a top European club but they told me: 'We've got a new coach and we're going to push for the Champions League.'

"I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: 'Stay another season, and you have my word if we don't make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave.'"

Now the story has changed. "Liverpool is a club with a reputation for doing things the right way," Suárez says. "I just want them to abide by the promises made last season. Some of [my team-mates] say to me: 'We cannot understand that if you have it signed that you can't leave.'"

But that is not the only story that has changed. Arsenal's interest and Suárez's apparent willingness to move to the Emirates sits uneasily with his previous insistence that the problem resided largely with the English media: London is in England too. Anonymity may prove easier in London than Liverpool but that is not an explanation Suárez offers for the contradiction. He instead suggests that it was merely the inevitable answer to an inevitable question. In any case, he says this is about football, not infamy.

"I was asked a question: 'Would I want to play for Madrid?' It's like anyone asked if they want to change jobs and move to a bigger company. Everyone aspires to the highest levels and all I did was give an honest answer: 'Yes, I would.' On the same day I gave that interview Pepe Reina said the same thing about Barcelona and nobody mentioned it. But if I do it then it means I am disrespecting Liverpool. It has always been the same: one rule for me and another for everyone else.

"I had just arrived in Uruguay where the press are very good to me because I am one of theirs," he continues. "They asked me about the press in England. What am I supposed to say? Of course I don't like the fact that my wife goes to the supermarket and there are photographers. But I realise that the press attention is the same wherever you go."

The bid from Arsenal stings, though. Suárez's response is simple: "My priority is Champions League football. This is about me doing what is right for my career at this moment in time.

"Right now the Premier League is the biggest and most important league. My record shows that I'm not the kind of player who wants to change clubs every season and I would have no problem playing in England for many more years. If we are just talking about the level of the football and the way the supporters are then it is an incredible league. Any player in the world at the moment would like to play here."

Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer?CMP=twt_gu

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 pm

"It is not as if I am asking to move to a local rival"

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 19 Deceiv10
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 pm

For a crazy person, he sounds rather.....logical.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm

He is Adamant that there IS a clause that is supposed to let him leave if we bid 40m lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 pm

"They defended me, just like I defended them on the pitch"

Shut up, Just shut the *bleep* up.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Lets be real here though, as funny as i find this.... mainly because of how much a hypocritical scumbag he has shown himself to be.

No club deserves to be shat on like that, although without saying i told you so but it was pretty obvious from the beginning he just wanted to leave to play CL.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Liverpool have taken a robust stance throughout, with Rodgers adamant that he is not going to leave and Henry, Liverpool’s principal owner and the figurehead of FSG, backed up his manager’s view in Norway last night.
‘I don't know why people ask us if we are selling the club or the best players because we are not,’ said Henry, who will attend a Liverpool match this evening for the first time in 13 months. ‘We like to buy stuff, not to sell. We are not selling our best player.’
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Nishank wrote:"They defended me, just like I defended them on the pitch"

Shut up, Just shut the *bleep* up.

Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:32 pm

He will have to take legal action then or else Rodgers, Henry, Ayre, etc all look like liars.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 pm

What was it that Brenton said about lacking class a few days ago? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Anyone remember this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2271497/LUIS-SUAREZ-EXCLUSIVE-I-stay-Liverpool-dont-qualify-Champions-League.html

Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 pm

How is he a scumbag for wanting to leave? A player of his quality needs to be playing at the highest level.

I don't see how he lied by the way. He maintained he hates the English press even in this interview but he wants CL football.

He would f**k off to Madrid if they were interested but it seems Bale is their priority. Arsenal is the next best option because no other CL club is interested.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:35 pm

I hope we sell him to Arsenal and then they fail to go past the third round Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Gil wrote:How is he a scumbag for wanting to leave? A player of his quality needs to be playing at the highest level.

I don't see how he lied by the way. He maintained he hates the English press even in this interview but he wants CL football.

He would f**k off to Madrid if they were interested but it seems Bale is their priority. Arsenal is the next best option because no other CL club is interested.

" English Media are forcing me out i wouldn't leave Liverpool for any other English Club".

That sir is why he's a scumbag.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Gil wrote:How is he a scumbag for wanting to leave? A player of his quality needs to be playing at the highest level.

" English Media are forcing me out i wouldn't leave Liverpool for any other English Club".

That sir is why he's a scumbag.

He gave the interview in his local tongue. Mistranslation brah.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Rather than waste away his career battling for the EL, I think forcing a move is the best thing Suarez could have done.

Torres moved too late and left when he was out of prime.

Xabi Alonso was right to leave.

Gerrard will forever be a legend but like Le Tissier and Shearer I think he'll regret his decision to stay. Could and should have been a far better player.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Barca pls make a 40,000,002 bid
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:43 pm

sign him up Moyes
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Evra and Suarez on the same team rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 pm

At this point anybody from outside the PL makes a bid and they will get Suarez.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Pedro plus 25m?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

QPR in with a £250 bid

'Arry :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 pm

I LOVE YOU GERRARD.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next