If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

+67
Donuts
aleumdance
Chumlum
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Arquitecto
elm_baraja_shaman
djoe26
The Franchise
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Firenze
Ganso
Albiceleste
El Gunner
Adit
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Clandestino
lenear1030
futbol
LeBéninois
danyjr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
TheRedStag
M99
urbaNRoots
benedictor
Helmer
Lupi
Twoism
S
REWB
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
ExtremistEnigma
EL Patron
donttreadonred
Gil
halamadrid2
Highburied
fatman123
FennecFox7
Clockwork Orange
RedOranje
Arsenalfaithfull
Djcomplain
stevieg8
Eivindo
Grooverider
guest7
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
Zealous
RealGunner
McAgger
mr-r34
Art Morte
Tomwin Lannister
Nishankly
jibers
sportsczy
Lex
Mr Nick09
Onyx
71 posters

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 15 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:56 am

What is "good faith" negotiations?  I don't understand the point of that clause if LFC can completely circumnavigate it regardless.

it seems to be an implied buyout clause but not a true buyout clause.. so again, whats the point?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to? - Page 15 Empty Re: If Suarez leaves, which club do you think he'll go to?

Post by The_Badger Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 am

See, what's quite interesting to note is that the journalists now claiming Liverpool are upset at Arsenal's £40,000,001m bid and are seeking clarification as to why they bid such an amount are the same ones that widely reported as Suarez as having a £40m buy-out clause in his contract 2-3 weeks ago.

Arsenal may not have necessarily had insider knowledge regarding details of Suarez's contract, but simply tested the legitimacy of the media's reporting.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:22 am

vanDEEZ wrote:What is "good faith" negotiations?  I don't understand the point of that clause if LFC can completely circumnavigate it regardless.

it seems to be an implied buyout clause but not a true buyout clause.. so again, whats the point?
There have been dozens of reports describing the clause and it's purpose prior to this.

The_Badger wrote:See, what's quite interesting to note is that the journalists now claiming Liverpool are upset at Arsenal's £40,000,001m bid and are seeking clarification as to why they bid such an amount are the same ones that widely reported as Suarez as having a £40m buy-out clause in his contract 2-3 weeks ago.

Arsenal may not have necessarily had insider knowledge regarding details of Suarez's contract, but simply tested the legitimacy of the media's reporting.
Except 90 to 95% of those reports described the clause as exactly what it's being discussed as now... one that requires the club to inform the player about the bid and respond to the club that bid, but does not in any way require the club to actually sell the player.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 am

So why are the same journalists now reporting that Liverpool feel Arsenal have been party to inside info regarding Suarez's contract?

If the press were reporting over two week's ago that Suarez's contract stipulated the right to be informed when a bid of >£40m was made it's a clever move for Arsenal to test that by bidding a pound more.

There's no underhand cloak-and-daggers stuff going on here like the Liverpool/Ziege situation in 2001 despite your claims that what Arsenal have done is tantamount to insider trading.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:48 am

But Suarez ALREADY knew about the interest and previous bids. Arsenal's bid was to test the agent's suggestion that it was a straight forward buy-out clause. The agent disclosing such information, or encouraging bids to test such a claim, would be against the regulations regarding the confidentiality or contracts and process of transfers.

Of course, I'm fairly certain you're already aware of all of this and are simply attempting to troll at this point.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:53 am

The_Badger wrote:So why are the same journalists now reporting that Liverpool feel Arsenal have been party to inside info regarding Suarez's contract?

If the press were reporting over two week's ago that Suarez's contract stipulated the right to be informed when a bid of >£40m was made it's a clever move for Arsenal to test that by bidding a pound more.

There's no underhand cloak-and-daggers stuff going on here like the Liverpool/Ziege situation in 2001 despite your claims that what Arsenal have done is tantamount to insider trading.

Even if the clause isn't a release clause as Arsenal believed, it's clear they had information on the amount of the clause - otherwise they wouldn't have lodged such a strange bid. According to the rules surrounding Transfers, no team is supposed to have access to that confidential information, and isn't supposed to act on it either. Now, it could be that Arsenal were testing the veracity of the media as you claimed; or it could be that they were given that information by Pere Guardiola or another illicit source. All Liverpool could do is request an investigation, but based on what's happened so far, it's obvious that they would be within their rights to do just that. Whether or not anything will be found is a different matter, but I would think Arsenal would prefer to not have to deal with that either way.

Wrong again, it seems.

stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:01 am

Please, drop the accusations of trolling. It's a cop-out used by those who can't deal with debate and your blatant refusal to name these legitimate sources suggests you know fine well they aren't "legitimate" at all.

The journalist Chris Bascombe, who you have claimed is credible, published on the 16th July details about clauses in Suarez's contract. This was one week before it was reported Arsenal had made a bid of a pound over £40m. It's pertinently clear Arsenal haven't acted in the illegal way you seem to press and probably more-so on the reports in the media.

You've inferred Arsenal have acted in nefarious manner suggesting what they've done is illegal. You claimed what they've done is tantamount to insider trading and that they've acquired confidential details in a less than legal manner. Those are your quotes that you've made on this very thread, none of which you've substantiated, or proven so I put it to you that it's libelous and therefore it is you that's trolling, RedOranje.

Last edited by The_Badger on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:04 am

16th July - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10184058/Arsenal-need-to-launch-40m-bid-to-lure-Luis-Suarez-from-Liverpool.html

23rd July - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/23/arsenal-luis-suarez-liverpool-transfer

stevieg8, prove Arsenal have acted in an illegal manner, as you're essentially committing libel.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 am

The_Badger wrote:16th July - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10184058/Arsenal-need-to-launch-40m-bid-to-lure-Luis-Suarez-from-Liverpool.html

23rd July - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/23/arsenal-luis-suarez-liverpool-transfer

stevieg8, prove Arsenal have acted in an illegal manner, as you're essentially committing libel.

Did you not read my post, or did you just not understand it? Liverpool has enough information to request an inquiry. They don't need to provide strong evidence, we're not talking about a court of law. What they already have is circumstantial evidence and is enough by itself to warrant an inquiry, which is all I've been referring to.

And the idea that I'm committing libel by saying as much is hilarious. You may want to look up the legal definitions of libel, even under the UK's strict versions of it I don't come close.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:38 am

Are people still talking about Arsenal. Really?

He won't even use Arsenal for a team as a stepping stone to show he can play in the CL. He won't play for another English team. Move on.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:45 am

RedOranje wrote:But Suarez ALREADY knew about the interest and previous bids.  Arsenal's bid was to test the agent's suggestion that it was a straight forward buy-out clause.  The agent disclosing such information, or encouraging bids to test such a claim, would be against the regulations regarding the confidentiality or contracts and process of transfers.

Of course, I'm fairly certain you're already aware of all of this and are simply attempting to troll at this point.

Agent made the Suarez's contract so i highly doubt Agent will suggest Arsenal that it is a straight forward buy-out claw..Agent knows the stuffs and clause in Suarez contract very well.

I find it hard to believe Agent initiated/helped the Arsenal bid with out the knowledge of Suarez.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:49 am

That's what they're going arguing about.

Suarez' agent, Guardiola, thought the 40m bid was a buy-out fee. He was wrong. Liverpool can now question if he was talking confidential contract talks to Arsenal or Arsenal have been listening to the media thinking there's a buy-out fee. The sooner Suarez leaves his agent, the easier his life will be.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:50 am

Agents leak the contract details all the time btw,if the player allows.Otherwise he gets fired.

For example Liverpool is preparing to bid/bidded 24 mill Euros which is the buy out clause of Diego costa..where did they got the numbers? from Agent obviously.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:53 am

something-red wrote:That's what they're going arguing about.

Suarez' agent, Guardiola, thought the 40m bid was a buy-out fee. He was wrong. Liverpool can now question if he was talking confidential contract talks to Arsenal or Arsenal have been listening to the media thinking there's a buy-out fee. The sooner Suarez leaves his agent, the easier his life will be.
Which i dont understand . Pere Guardiola made the contract for Suarez...how am i supposed to believe that he dont know what is the release clause is? seems BS to me.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:36 am

Adit wrote:

Which i dont understand . Pere Guardiola made the contract for Suarez...how am i supposed to believe that he dont know what is the release clause is? seems BS to me.

Exactly, but some don't seem to understand because they can't see through the red mist.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Adit wrote:

Apparently there was some ambiguity in how it was worded, and Guardiola claims there were verbal guarantees that Liverpool aren't upholding. Therefore, disagreement about what the contract means. It's not that tough to understand, I'm not getting the difficulty, and it's been explained multiple times in the last few pages...
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Brendan Rodgers says it will take a massive, 'Gareth Bale' sized bid to persuade Liverpool to sell Luis Suarez.

Rodgers pointed to the £100m that Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to pay Spurs for Gareth Bale and said a similar bid would be impossible to turn down.

So far Liverpool have received two bids from Arsenal for the striker, the second £40m plus one pound, and Rodgers insists Bale is not worth more than double the amount Suarez is.

"Every player has a valuation but you have to look at the market," said Rodgers.

"With Gareth Bale they are talking about £100m and Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez were arguably the two best players in the Premier League last season.

"You can't say that Gareth Bale is valued at over 100 per cent more. We are a club with strong beliefs in what we are doing and nobody will be moving out of here.

"There is, of course, a point where you only want players who are totally 100 per cent committed to being here and I have spoken to Luis countless times over the course of the summer.

"Speculation can be difficult for players but he is back training and back working. The more he is around the group here, the more he is around the great support here, the more he will understand."

Suarez - who has made no secret of his desire to play Champions League football next season - was given a warm reception at Anfield on Saturday where he played 30 minutes of Steven Gerrard's testimonial match against Olympiakos.

Rodgers was not surprised: "He was probably humbled by it. There may have been that bit of trepidation about the reaction he would get.

"But people who have been at this club a lot longer than me know this is the Liverpool way. They always respect people and always respect their own.

"Luis is still very much part of what we are doing here. That was the message from them, they love him. We all love him - manager, players, supporters.

"There have been a lot of stories but for all the speculation from the end of last season, we have only had two bids from one club, which are nowhere near our valuation," added Rodgers.

"Until anything dramatic changes, we have to get him up to speed for when he is fit."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Ex-Arsenal star Dixon giving his opinion wrote:"I think Rooney has a chance of going to Chelsea but I'm not sure about Suarez. I just don't see him going to Arsenal to be honest. I think if he is going to go anywhere it will probably be to Real Madrid."

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 am

Moving to Arsenal, Spurs etc would be a sideways move. He should only consider Chelsea/Man City from the EPL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:30 am

Arsenal are in the CL every year, Liverpool are not. So no, its not sideways.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 am

Stop living in the past, Liverpool haven't been in the CL for nearly 5 years.

Arsenal are definitely a step up, maybe not a step up that a player who scores 23 goals in 33 games would usually make but its obviously a step up.

You would think Liverpool are consistently in the CL and have won the league since 1990 the way people go on about them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:35 am

That's true, however I don't really think moving from Liverpool to Arsenal is much of a progression. They don't really compete for the title/CL and Suarez should move to a team that does.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Stop living in the past, Liverpool haven't been in the CL for nearly 5 years.

Arsenal are definitely a step up, maybe not a step up that a player who scores 23 goals in 33 games would usually make but its obviously a step up.

You would think Liverpool are consistently in the CL and have won the league since 1990 the way people go on about them.

It's not that Liverpool are in the CL, it's just if you look at Liverpool/Arsenal overall, both aren't in the elite bracket that consists of Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City.

Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs could possibly be put into one bracket, even though Arsenal are in the CL.

It's not really just about precise table positions.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 am

Suarez if moves to Arsenal, He will probably leave them for Real or Bayern within 3 years.

It's still all speculation, Considering Arsenal is the only current destination available to him, Obviously its not his first choice. The Gerrard testimonial is over, Now it'll all be sorted in this week, Whether he wants to stay or go.

The TR and shit will be decided this week, But i dont see him forcing a move to another English club as its not like Torres, If he does, He is all yours Arsenal, Just remember these times before defending him when he does shit.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 am

Yohan Modric wrote:That's true, however I don't really think moving from Liverpool to Arsenal is much of a progression. They don't really compete for the title/CL and Suarez should move to a team that does.

Thats nice and all, but none of those teams are offering so no, he isnt going there.

Arsenal are a step up from Liverpool today, and have been for quite some time now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 am

Yohan Modric wrote:That's true, however I don't really think moving from Liverpool to Arsenal is much of a progression. They don't really compete for the title/CL and Suarez should move to a team that does.

Chelsea don't and haven't done since Ancelotti's first season yet you think he should join them?

Besides Chelsea and Arsenal both become title challengers with a player like Suarez.

Going from Ba and Giroud to Suarez would be a massive upgrade that shouldn't be underestimated how much of an impact it would have.

Although yes both would probably need more to actually win the thing as Man City would still be above them IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next