VendettaRed07
pUsHa
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Pedram
30 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:49 am

RealGunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Is it wrong that i see nothing wrong with that always online/used game statement?

Everyone on the internet seem so outraged by it but i see nothing that would effect my usual experience.

Am i Evil? Sad

Spoiler:

Many people don't have the internet connection like you do lol. If their internet is down for whatever reason as it's pretty normal, what will happen to the console ?

It's a very silly thing to even implement. They are trying to force people to turn their console on every 24 hours which shouldn't be the case

This. they say you need a 1.5 Mbps connection, not every country is privileged with high speed internet connection, like for example in my country the average connection speed is around 1Mbps.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 am

Lmfao because of where I live, I'd fluctuate between over and under the limit.

Yeah xbox can stay put, i'm definitely getting a PS4 first, and possibly exclusively.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:14 am

tbh i'd be shocked if PS4 doesn't need internet connection. i don't have problem with it, the point is Xbox is trying to make internet a necessity.

If PS4 is going to implement it into their console then i hope i can use my console (for gaming) when i don't have internet access.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:35 am

Eh it's the little things that make the difference.
I'm set on PS4 or at least I like to tell myself I am.

I need a price, look at the console, and some more info.

XBone nothing at all seems enticing to me personally.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:58 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Is it wrong that i see nothing wrong with that always online/used game statement?

Everyone on the internet seem so outraged by it but i see nothing that would effect my usual experience.

Am i Evil? Sad

Spoiler:
Nah. But... I knew they were going to do this smoking

The problem I have though right now, is that maybe its not quite as bad as initial reports made it seem.. it seems to me like this is a way of them slowly getting it to be exactly what everyone doesn't want. If this every day online thing works out for them then they'll take it the next step and go full out. If they get away with severely limiting the rights people have with what to do with used games, and don't allow them to sell them to whoever they want, limit retailers, or make it basically unreasonable to rent games, they'll eventually just lock them out all together when people grow comfortable with not having it anymore.

I just absolutely hate everything about it. Because while maybe right now its not quite so bad, its a path down a road gaming really has no business going. Anyone who wouldn't even be effected by these issues personally, really shouldn't just let MS do this and be ok with it, because as consumers, it gives us zero advantages, we get no benefits at all from any of the controversial practices that MS is implementing, only makes it easier for them to exploit people for their money, and have complete and total control over all of their consumers.

I'm sure it will still get the games, ones Ill want. But Im going to have to think long and hard about it before making a decision on getting one.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:41 am

Pedram wrote:tbh i'd be shocked if PS4 doesn't need internet connection. i don't have problem with it, the point is Xbox is trying to make internet a necessity.

If PS4 is going to implement it into their console then i hope i can use my console (for gaming) when i don't have internet access.

Stemming fears of the always-online requirement still rumored strongly for the next Xbox, a Sony PR rep confirmed to Kotaku that: "PS4 games will be playable without an Internet connection."

I'm still hearing from at least one very good source who hasn't failed me yet that the next Xbox, codenamed Durango, will require an online connection, though that source isn't sure whether the console would tolerate spotty, dropped connections.

In an interview with Eurogamer at yesterday's big PS4 unveiling in New York, Sony's head of worldwide game studios, Shuhei Yoshida said, of PS4 gaming, "Oh yes, yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that."

Sony is hoping that you would keep your machine online, though, so they can keep quietly patching games, updating games, sending games to you and all sorts of other stuff. This is a company, mind you, that painted a vision yesterday of a "psychic" online store that would learn your tastes and have the next game you might want to buy already downloaded to your machine before you even knew it existed—just waiting for you to click to pay.

Note: Last year, when we reported the PS4's codename—Orbis—we also reported that, while there probably wouldn't be an always-online connection for PS4, that we were hearing that users would need to register their games online. We're following up with Sony to see if that is at all part of the current PS4 plan. Even if it had been, things can change and we're trying to keep you as up to date as we can.

UPDATE: More relief... At a roundtable this morning, Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers. Sony won't require that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One just is pissing me of more and more. Countries like Bangladesh, how the hell are people gonna play games? That's the exact reason Sony did not use this feature, they said so, there are many countries in the world without strong internet connections, always online therefore was never an option. Microsoft not looking beyond North America, sigh. Hope they change these in the future, but that's highly unlikely.

More interested on current gen games, not buying next gen for a while. Titanfall in confirmed to be on the Xbox 360 also cheers Expecting Ubisoft to go big with Watchdogs, Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell and announcing The Crew and Prince Of Persia. Maybe even Osiris.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:52 am

"Cloud accelerated" my ass. I don't understand why this forum is buying into that marketing hype considering SimCity was released this year...
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Guys i can accept the always online stuff, as that can really effect you depending where you live and quite frankly that was a design choice by Microsoft that was all on them.

Its the used games stuff i'm interested in and that effects EVERYBODY.

But it seems like to me that its not Microsoft who are pushing this but the publishers like EA, Ubisoft and Activision who are if we read the press release carefully...

Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends.

It doesn't mention anything about themselves, which makes me believe while it hasn't been announced yet that Sony will have a similar used game policy.

They won't for their own games and neither will Microsoft IMO but for things such as Fifa, COD and Assassins Creed i really do believe they will allow the publishers to decide how much control they have over used games.

I really can't see EA stop doing Online passes for just one console tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Phritz wrote:"Cloud accelerated" my ass. I don't understand why this forum is buying into that marketing hype considering SimCity was released this year...

Cough Mole is cough
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm not buying into anything, i'm just repeating what's being said.

Don't shoot the messenger Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:05 pm

And EuroGamer confirmed that that ish is impossible to do due to lag Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryB-hdtpQRw

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-07-microsoft-kills-game-ownership-and-expects-us-to-smile

Joe and EG again shedding light to bullsh1t ...

btw what happens if I didnt connect my xbox after 24 hours !?

they backtracked from their always online (every 3 minutes connection on devkits) but how is this any better when I don't touch consoles for weeks at times !? :coffee:

xbox is designed to be sh1t ... you can give a game away only ONCE to a friend who has been on your list for more than 30 days , and then it's stuck with them - joe
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 pm

@geoffkeighley
Saw something truly incredible last night that will be a big E3 debut. Even with all the DRM drama, next week will deliver some GREAT games.

Hype hmm

Also who is Joe ? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@geoffkeighley
Saw something truly incredible last night that will be a big E3 debut. Even with all the DRM drama, next week will deliver some GREAT games.

Hype hmm

Also who is Joe ? Laughing

I just wrote the quote from the video ... apparently that's true ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:50 pm

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579913

oh snap , now everybody is talking ... no more neutrals

Polygon :" It's gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly and out of touch with a growing global resentment for corporations."
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@geoffkeighley

Hype hmm

Is that for MS, sony or just general ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:59 pm

the games better blow me away, everyones crapping onthe xbox atm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Polygon are talking? aint they on MS payroll lol?

Be nice if it forces them to relax on their policies, from what i read none of it effects me but it sure as hell seems like it effects a lot of people.

@RG

Didn't say.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Albiceleste wrote:the games better blow me away, everyones crapping onthe xbox atm

Just do the PS4.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Polygon saw that they are losing readers for licking MS balls so they started talking , but it's not just them , everybody is writing about their fckd up policies ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 pm

pUsHa wrote:Polygon saw that they are losing readers for licking MS balls so they started talking , but it's not just them , everybody is writing about their fckd up policies ...

Yeah i know but quite shocked Polygon grew the necessary balls Laughing

Anyway this is good news even if the policies don't effect me i can see why they are stupid.

Its even in the Wall Street Journal and Forbes Laughing

Be nice if we could go back to talking about games and features instead of policies.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Be nice if Microsoft developed a gaming console for games and gamers and not for their stupid policies that scream give me all of your moneyzz .

I'll be paying full price for a console and a game that I won't actually own if I don't follow their crap ..
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:25 pm

pUsHa wrote:Be nice if Microsoft developed a gaming console for games and gamers and not for their stupid policies that scream give me all of your moneyzz

Not talking about us lol, i'm saying it would be nice if they never have such stupid policies so we could talk about the things that matter.

No need for the sarcasm lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Can't talk about games when we are witnessing the second greatest PR disaster in gaming history ...

I want to talk about games too , but we'll have time to talk about that after E3 when we will have seen at least something ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:33 pm

COD: ghosts best be better than MW3
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I hope they didn't invest all that bilion into marketing , they should sway some 3rd party exclusives for E3 if they want me to pay for their corporate box ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:35 pm

or what? you will buy battlefield?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next