RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Pedram
24 posters

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014 Empty Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014

Post by Pedram Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 am

Post E3 rumours and news in this thread.

EA press conference will be held on June 9 at 12:00pm (PT).

Electronic Arts will host a press conference on June 9 at 1:00pm (PT).

Ubisoft will host a press conference on June 9 at 3:00pm (PT).

In response to a question on Twitter about a focus on games at this year's press conference, Microsoft's Phil Spencer responded "Yes, I think you'll see very few execs. We are already over our 90 minute time limit and having to move stuff out of show."

Sony's John Koller discussed this year's Sony conference, saying "there's a huge and significant amount of games coming this year to the PlayStation 4. We'll be showing a lot of those and it is going to be an exciting moment for many people. I can officially confirm that what is coming next is really spectacular ... games like Destiny, which is the game from Bungie that is really going to be a show piece as to what makes the PlayStation 4 so special."

Eurogamer.net wrote:Nintendo will not hold a live press conference at E3 2014, the company has announced.

Instead, Nintendo will showcase its wares in a special "Digital Event" to be streamed online at 1pm UK time on Tuesday, 10th June.

The broadcast will "reveal and provide further detail about the gaming experiences on the way for Nintendo platforms in 2014 and beyond," the company teased.

In addition, Nintendo will host a Smash Bros. Wii U invitational tournament for top-rated players which will take place at the show itself and be streamed online.

Finally, "Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3" will offer constant live game demos from Nintendo's booth "during all hours" of E3.

It's the second year in a row that Nintendo has eschewed the traditional press conference format for its E3 presence. Last year the company simply offered an expanded episode of its regular Nintendo Direct broadcast series, during which it discussed Pokémon X and Y, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8, among others.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014 Empty Re: Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 am

I'm going to address the Nintendo thing before the thread starts.

There's a lot of people on various gaming forums that are moaning that they are not doing a traditional conference....

But what difference does it really make? I mean everyone would like them do it but i fail to understand the uproar. E3 despite popular believe doesn't really attract that many casuals and quite frankly whether you do a press conference or a stream the people who watch it will be there anyway Laughing

Its mainly media or gamers and it doesn't make a difference what avenue you take in terms of PR as a lot of people argue its a reason why they struggle to sell... i call bs on that.

If someone wanted to watch it, they very easily could.... if you are doing a press conference or a stream you are not really reaching out to a larger audience at the end of the day the audience is exactly the same.

So that doesn't hold any weight either, so the whole you are losing out on customers or potential new audiences doesn't make much sense to me.

I had to mention this, because i know its going to be a discussion at some point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 am

Last year's thread was GOATTTTTTT. Amazing E3.

Looking forward to this one as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:16 am

Wow, it's been nearly a year since we were all in the thread last time ffs

I hope there is more news on the next gen star wars battlefront game ffs. Rich mans COD
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:19 am

Didn't know you were a star wars fan ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:19 am

wtf ffs star wars is the dogs bollocks man :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:20 am

Found two of the posts from last years thread

Firenze wrote:Electronic Entertainment Expo 2014 Got0603a

Sony send their regards

Tomwin Lannister wrote:rofl

Roose Bolton ffs rofl

Next week the E3 finale will kick off with peopl parading Bill Gates body with a big XBOX sphere attached to his neck rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 am

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:24 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm going to address the Nintendo thing before the thread starts.

There's a lot of people on various gaming forums that are moaning that they are not doing a traditional conference....

But what difference does it really make? I mean everyone would like them do it but i fail to understand the uproar. E3 despite popular believe doesn't really attract that many casuals and quite frankly whether you do a press conference or a stream the people who watch it will be there anyway Laughing

Its mainly media or gamers and it doesn't make a difference what avenue you take in terms of PR as a lot of people argue its a reason why they struggle to sell... i call bs on that.

If someone wanted to watch it, they very easily could.... if you are doing a press conference or a stream you are not really reaching out to a larger audience at the end of the day the audience is exactly the same.

So that doesn't hold any weight either, so the whole you are losing out on customers or potential new audiences doesn't make much sense to me.

I had to mention this, because i know its going to be a discussion at some point.

Because Nintendo seems to have sucked every ounce of potential hype and excitement when it comes to things related to wiiu.

Last years E3 Direct was a disaster. The stream barely worked.. etc. Nintendo HAS to do more to get its own fans excited. They seem so out of touch.

lf the direct is great then ok.. But if its a repeat of last year than l don't understand what they are doing. Nobody liked last years conference.

Compare that to sony's, and how much hype they built with that conference. The thing has sold 7 million+ units with a lot less games than the wiiu offers purely because of hype and good marketing. Nintendos marketing has been a train wreck, they just need to do more to get people to care. lts no so much as reaching a larger audience, lts getting the audience that is watching really interested in what you are doing.. And there is more potential for a big show on stage rather than the directs.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:25 am

All nintendo have to do is show off a bunch of Mario / Donkey kong / Zelda games and let nostalgia do the rest. It's amazing how badly they're sucking at cashing in on games that the gaming world grew up loving.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:30 am

wow, can't believe it's nearly E3 again

the last one made me buy a PS3 and ultimately a PS4 after being a Microsoft pleb for the better part of a decade

I wonder if I'll jump ship to Wii U after this one

Spoiler:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:33 am

Last year's thread :bow:

Hope Sony goes in guns blazing :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 am

doubt this year will top lasts, expecting many of the same games to be showcased considering they will be out within the next 6-12 months, plus the new consoles made last years GOAT, this one will probably be average tbh.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:35 am

I just want to see The Last Guardian for PS4 announced Sad

Been waiting for that game for like a quarter of my life Sad

Sony keep saying it's still in development but I'm sceptical Sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:36 am

Is it still in development lol?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:36 am

Never heard of it

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:40 am

I wanna see the next Uncharted (the one where the released teaser), Halo 5, KH 3, Zelda Wii U, MGS5, Mirror's Edge 2, Smash Bros and Witcher 3,
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Last year's thread was amazing cheers We'll make sure this year tops that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Ok.. Watching this.. my hype levels.

They are rising. RISING.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:15 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:
Compare that to sony's, and how much hype they built with that conference. The thing has sold 7 million+ units with a lot less games than the wiiu offers purely because of hype and good marketing. Nintendos marketing has been a train wreck, they just need to do more to get people to care. lts no so much as reaching a larger audience, lts getting the audience that is watching really interested in what you are doing.. And there is more potential for a big show on stage rather than the directs.

That's all well all good but E3 wasn't the reason PS4 is selling so well and its not the reason the Wii U isn't.

My point is that whether they do a press conference or a stream, the same people are going to be there and neither one isn't gonna have people which could entice potential new buyers.

The reason PS4 is selling so well, is great marketing and a potential of a powerful new box for people who have a PS3/360.

Has nothing to do with E3.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Its not THE reason, but Nintendo, seeing as how they are down and really struggling to sell, aren't in the position to not partake in every available opportunity that can possibly boost the reputation and interests the public has in their system.

Nintendo just needs to do more and get involved with the Gamers. They need to reach out to developers as well. That is another factor, as the game developers out there are watching these conferences VERY closely. Distancing yourself from this event can distance yourself away from potential developers as well. In a way.

Seeing that video though, perhaps they do have something more special planned this year than last. They can't just show up and just do nothing like last year. That isn't an option. They really need to take advantage of this event. Every little opportunity that can help alter the publics opinion of their system matters, imo. Even for people who don't watch the event.. They might hear about things that happen from people who do.. If someone watching hears about something exciting.. They tell their friends, and those friends tell their friends, and those friends of friends tell other friends.. etc. Nintendo has to do more to excite. Simple as. This is a great place to do it too
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:01 pm

I don't think gamers are the problem tbf, they will be there when new stuff comes... likes of Mario Kart, Smash and Zelda etc etc.

It's the larger majority that isn't there which is the issue, they haven't communicated their message very well to the general public as why they should upgrade their Wii to a Wii U.

That's their problem here, most of them don't really get the difference and think its literally the same thing but a higher price point.

I don't think E3 press conferences in a building surrounded by gaming press will change that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 pm

The problem with Nintendo has been...the controllers ffs

Everyone console they make from here on out should default to or have input for the GameCube Controller.

Wii remote is a joke and I can't take the wii u pad seriously
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 pm

The wiiu pad is actually pretty awesome. The weight and feel of it is great, and the button layout is very comfortable.

And if you really hate it for whatever reason almost no games force you to use it. The WiiU pro controller is basically a 360 controller

I agree that the gc was the best though. I'm still hoping they'll announce a special wiiu pro controller shaped like a gc controller for Smash Bros
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:53 pm

I really doubt the controllers are the problem considering every game supports the pro controller which is basically a 360 clone lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next