pUsHa
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 28 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:56 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's true.... i loved Twilight Princess for example but some didn't as it was very similar to OOT outside the darkness bits with the Wolf.

Personally i don't care if something is similar if its good lol.

hmm

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:02 am

RG pls go and get relegated from division 7 IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's true.... i loved Twilight Princess for example but some didn't as it was very similar to OOT outside the darkness bits with the Wolf.

Very much agreed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:05 am

Wtf is a twilight princess
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:10 am

Zelda game on Wii/Gamecube Tom.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:30 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Wtf is a twilight princess

lmfao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:35 am

Origins wasn't bashed because of its content which I thought is decent, the story is good, boss fights are fun except some borderline QTE. It was those bugs and glitch all over the place upon release. And unlike RS who was always close to community, WBGM refused to patch it up for the longest time & "focus" on DLC.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:40 am

Oh fair enough.... naturally i haven't experienced these things.

The closest thing to glitches i have felt is poor framerate at times and some glitchy combat at times.

Although tbf it was reviewed poorly compared to his content IMO... it didn't deserve some of the scores it got but that's not a new thing and it won't be the last game either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:41 am

Played the inFAMOUS games yet Mole?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:43 am

RealGunner wrote:

hmm

Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:51 am

RedOranje wrote:Played the inFAMOUS games yet Mole?

First one i have a bit but not the 2nd one yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:52 am

I got it once, not game breaking or anything but players have different feedback. It is an 8 game for me.

True about 2nd part, I love the new Thief as it's proper stealth game, reboot of classic series and it got canned harshly because people think the combat is bad & game play is slow Shocked I mean combat in stealth game and you play as a thief whose main job is to wait, sneak, steal and get out undetected.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:53 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Played the inFAMOUS games yet Mole?

First one i have a bit but not the 2nd one yet.
Sort it out. Second Son comes out in 2 weeks.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:01 am

Twoism wrote:I got it once, not game breaking or anything but players have different feedback. It is an 8 game for me.

True about 2nd part, I love the new Thief as it's proper stealth game, reboot of classic series and it got canned harshly because people think the combat is bad & game play is slow Shocked I mean combat in stealth game and you play as a thief whose main job is to wait, sneak, steal and get out undetected.

Laughing The funniest thing is that's nowhere near the worst critique of a game i have seen even recently lol.

Oh well, its one of the reasons i don't pay attention to reviews anymore.... i let the eye test do its job.

I'll watch some video's and if i like what i see i'll buy it.

Also Red i know but its not like the game is suddenly going to disappear is it? Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:08 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Zelda game on Wii/Gamecube Tom.

Aah right, decent. You had me worried for a minute, was thinking you were on some dodgey game based on the teenage girl twilight thing rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Also Red i know but its not like the game is suddenly going to disappear is it? Razz
At the rate you're going the games will disappear... as will mountains, civilizations, entire species, and probably the sun itself.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:35 am

I agree with Mole Wayne and RG on Batman. The story of Arkha Origins is the best on the seeries, the ending :bow: :bow: :bow: And feckin Bane :bow: :bow: I had my issues with the combat but it was nowhere near as bad as other people said, one of the best games of the year but still not as good as Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

For me.

Arkham Asylum= 9.2/10
Arkham City= 9.6/10
Arkham Origins= 8.6/10
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Waiting for them Nintendo guys to come out with a WiiU/3DS Majora's mask remake.

Pls.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:23 am

Thought l'd post something l wrote on the state of Mario kart.

What Mario kart can Learn from Smash Bros

Now I’d like us all to use our imaginations and think for a second.

What tends to be the atmosphere around the time of the release of a new installment in the Super Smash Bros. series? The feeling in the air amongst gamers who aren't even regular consumers of Nintendo products tends to be nothing short of what l would describe as pure elation. The anticipation and excitement these series generates amongst its fans is second to none. Every new tiny bit of detail that is released over the years of its development leaves the Smash Fans teaming with Joy.

Now lets compare that to mario kart. ls the desire, the longing for another release in that franchise anywhere close? Generally the reaction tends to be "This game looks fun"... People buy it, enjoy themselves, and thats pretty much it.

Now, why is that? What does Smash Bros. do differently that sets it apart from not just other fighters, but other Nintendo games? Because at their heart Mario Kart and Smash Bros share the same idea, a multiplayer focused game where a bunch of Nintendo characters come together in one game to compete and battle; only real difference is that one is a fighter and one is a racer.

Yet where Smash Bros always seems to take that extra step to put its self above the rest, Mario Kart plays it safe. Despite outselling Smash Bros. on a few occasions, the series is rarely receives as high acclaim by critics and gamers as Smash Bros does. Almost every Mario Kart for the past decade in all honestly feels as if the developers at one point said “good enough” and shipped it. Some faired better than others, but all in all Mario Kart in terms of options, vs. Modes, single player modes, unlockables, customization and just content overall falls far short of what you generally find in Super Smash. Whats frustrating is how little effort it would take in order to take Mario Kart to the next level.

For example, in the past many people have complained about Mario Kart having too many cheap overpowered items that ruin the competitive nature of the game. The number of rage quits that must have resulted because of the blue shell alone is probably too high a number for any human to calculate. Now there are a ton of overpowered items in smash bros as well… but whats one that everyone complains about? Oh thats right because there isn’t one because you have the option to turn on and off whatever item you please. You can have all items, no items, or have a select few, adjust the frequency and so on. The variations are almost limitless. Yet you can do no such thing in Mario Kart.

Imagine being able to go head to head with a couple friends in a barebones, see whos better than who race, with no items to interfere or luck playing no part in determining the winner.. Why aren’t we able to do that?.. Or why aren’t we allowed to just make a few settings different where we kept all the items for a certain race, but remove the blue shell. Or why not remove all the items EXCEPT the blue shell just for the heck of it? Experimenting with crazy item options or being able to turn them off completely completely changes the complex of matches, how the play out, and what character types have an advantage with these new terms..And its one thing that makes Smash bros almost infinitely replayable. Mario Kart has always had fantastic replay value but there is room for it to grow, and a simple addition like this would give gamers so many more reasons to keep coming back.

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 28 MK64-Blanksound

Seen above is a typical Mario Kart options menu. Yes its for Mario Kart 64, the one that came out in 97, but not much has changed since. Every Mario Kart game since has been limited to a sound options, data, and thats pretty much it. And it seems like Nintendo is almost afraid to deviate from this. There is never even an option to change the games controls to your liking.

They are headed in the right direction though, as Mario Kart seven just recently added customizable Karts, and even Karts that can glide and go underwater.. But still these new additions were hindered by the lack of variety in the amount of things you could do with them. They stripped the fantastic missions mode from Mario Kart DS that had a set of challenges that made the single player a much deeper and rewarding experience than simply racing against the computer in grand prix over and over again. A mission mode added with these new Kart customizations, arial abilities and underwater diving would have made for something more intriguing than we’ve seen in mario kart in a long time. There are almost too many possibilities to name in terms of the types of clever challenges that could be included.

Another aspect is music. Mario Kart seems to go out of their way to put people to sleep with the types of tracks that you are greeted with every time you play any entry in the series.

Yet when you power up smash bros, you are greeted with a tune that makes it almost impossible not to be on the edge of your seat, leaving you yearning for the opportunity to embarrass anyone who dares to compete against you. I can count all the times I’ve seen a track from Mario Kart reblogged onto tumbler on the hand of a fingerless man. Yet I can’t remember how many times I’ve seen someone post about how great the music in super smash is. The music is an important part of the experience. Nintendo really should come up with something that excites the gamer whenever they play, and not try to come up with something they think will be approachable and non offensive with the masses.

One last mention is something that will make many say “well you can’t do that or else its not MARIO Kart”. And my Answer to that is, well.. so what?

Why is the roster limited to only characters from the Mario universe? I believe at this point Nintendo has run out of characters to add to the roster that will excite people. They’ve added every worthwhile character contained within the Mario universe already, and any new addition will just be featuring the same characters over and over. Nintendo owns the rights to so many brilliant characters, and it doesn’t make much sense as to why they aren’t allowed a chance at the fun. Imagine Link, Kid Icarus, Mario, and Fox McCloud all lined up together, ready to test their skills on the course. Wouldn’t that be more exciting than the tired, Mario, Yoshi, Wario, and Peach races weve done about a million times already? I believe it would.

In the end, Mario Kart needs to change. It doesn’t need to completely reinvent itself, but I believe Nintendo needs to realize the number of options it has to take this series in a completely exciting and new direction instead of delivering once again the game that we expect and have already played countless times for the past 20 year. It needs something to turn itself on its head, or suffer from falling into a series that is loved and praised by fans, into a cash grab that audiences expect but are never excited for.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:49 am

Dark Souls 2 :bow: My body is ready.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:05 am

Never played Dark Souls. How is it compared to Elder Scrolls games or the Witcher series?

Last edited by Juveman17 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:26 am

Juveman17 wrote:Never played Dark Souls. How is it compared to Elser Scrolls games or the Witcher series?

Better. hmm

It's a third person action RPG like the witcher but it's all real time, you can't pause the game at all.

Though a lot of the satisfaction comes from the combat, it has a deep cryptic story but you have to work to learn about it, people don't spell things out for you, if you don't actively try to piece things together you could finish the game thinking it has no story at all. Boss Fights & Combat  are amazing. Online system is unique and really cool.

The supposed insane difficulty of the game that puts newcomers off is a myth, you will die, a lot, if you're new, but it's all about learning the mechanics of the game, once you get the combat system and movement you'll rarely die. Unless you just suck at games, then yeah, you're in for hell.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 am

It's very different as hybrid of action & RPG and heavy focus on the former. A lots of RPG elements are toned down for more combat awesomeness. It's hard (not that impossible like people claimed to be, albeit playing a lots but my speed run was like 4 hours in the end) but rewarding, prepare to die over and over again until you learn and master enemies set move and weakness. It's quite linear compared to others but you still can get lost and wander to impossible part of the world. There are side quests, not paying attention and you will never be able to do those.

The story is barely there on the surface since there is no book, codex, collectibles but if you dig deep, it's one huge dark world with lots of interesting lore and back stories (you mostly have to read it from item descriptions and some are poetic literally).

I love narrative style of Dark Souls, it's very subtle and atmospheric. If you play offline, you will feel completely alone & hopeless in this world as there is no town, no friendly bar for you to walk in or no hot chick for you to romance. The music is also amazing.

Only one thing though, it's very moody game so if you have a happy day, stay away from Dark Souls.

btw DS 2 are better than DS1 in every way except a bit easier, 5 hours into the game.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Titanfall is out today.

Really debating whether I should get it hmm
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:40 pm

What system imo hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Ah I see. When was DS2 released? Do you have to play the first one to play the second?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next