pUsHa
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42

Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 42 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by Bellabong Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
But apparently due to graphics on cross gen Ubisoft crap like Watch Dogs we are supposed to believe the console is weak according to PC fanboys  Rolling Eyes 

The consoles are equivalent to a current gen 150$ graphics card. Che exaggerates how weak they are but not by much.

Also, the presets for Witcher 2 were Low, Medium, High and Ultra, with the ability to change some settings above the Ultra preset.

Thimmy wrote:I play on console because it feels more casual, and I can distance myself from the screen. I'm well aware of it's limitations compared to PC, but graphics and performance is not high on my priority list, as long as I'm not bothered by these limitations and it works the way it's intended, and that I can play it while sitting or lying on the sofa. I'm sure there are several ways of doing the same thing with a PC, but I'm not a computer wiz and it's too much hassle. I would have most likely followed your guidelines for how to "play like a man" if I was a more hardcore gamer, but I'm not Razz

It really isn't as much hassle as you think.

Get Xbox 360 controller.

Plug TV into PC

Enable Steam Big Picture

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 42 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by che Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

But apparently due to graphics on cross gen Ubisoft crap like Watch Dogs we are supposed to believe the console is weak according to PC fanboys  Rolling Eyes 

what does cross gen have to do with anything? the ps4 architecture is much more similar to pc than ps3

the fact of the matter is that the current generation of consoles is not good enough to handle the graphics presented at e3 two years ago, not in 1080p and a constant framerate of more than 30 fps

the consoles are weak not because pc fanboys say they are, it's because they are, quite literally, made of two year old pc components... the ps4 apu's graphical capabilities are based on a pitcairn 7870, which was released in summer 2012 if memory serves me right... xbox one apu is based on a goddamn 7770, which was a mediocre card even when it was released... two years ago

B-B-BUT MUH TERAFLOPZ

the current generation of consoles was technologically obsolete before they were even released, and it's going to keep dragging games down for at least half a decade
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:01 pm

che y u paint bleak picture Sad
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Consoles will remain my platform of choice until PC starts getting exclusive AAA games, or at least every  non exclusive AAA game(aka never). Couldn't care less about the anti console agenda Phritz and Che like to push.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Last gen PC gamers complained about shitty ports.... now apparently cross gen games for PS4/PS3 has zero impact  Rolling Eyes 

Just look at the dedicated current gen games compared to those that are made for PS4 and PS3.... the difference is night and day.

Also we know that that consoles are weaker, they always have been but its nowhere to the point that can be considered weak especially the PS4.

Also Phritz i played Witcher 2 on PC before i got it on console( i was round my mates house for a week or so the year it came out on PC), i'm aware what the presets were and tried it on both Ultra and High.... the fact Witcher 3 will be on high settings or the equivalent on PS4 is hardly "weak".

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Firenze wrote:Consoles will remain my platform of choice until PC starts getting exclusive AAA games, or at least every  non exclusive AAA game(aka never). Couldn't care less about the anti console agenda Phritz and Che like to push.

This. I am fine spending $400 to play Uncharted 4 than to spend double that on a PC and miss out on tons of games.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm with main men Firenze and M99.

Can't wait till I get a PS4. Destiny + ps4 :fap: :fap:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:37 pm

PC gamers will never get to play brilliant games like The Last of Us, Uncharted series, Read Dead Redemption etc etc. they try to convince themselves that PC is better than console by mentioning that they can mod their games, up the graphics to Ultra but these things imo will never fill the void of console exclusive games.

And this is coming from a PC gamer so don't start calling me a console fanboy.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Soul wrote:che y u paint bleak picture Sad

reality's harsh...

Firenze wrote:Consoles will remain my platform of choice until PC starts getting exclusive AAA games, or at least every  non exclusive AAA game(aka never). Couldn't care less about the anti console agenda Phritz and Che like to push.

there's no agenda, i couldn't give a shit what you play on... but the fact is, like i said, consoles are massively inferior, and this is at the start of a generation... if all you play is exclusive AAA games sure, stick to consoles, but plenty of people don't, and for them, consoles are clearly the wrong choice

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Last gen PC gamers complained about shitty ports.... now apparently cross gen games for PS4/PS3 has zero impact  Rolling Eyes 

Just look at the dedicated current gen games compared to those that are made for PS4 and PS3.... the difference is night and day.

first of all, the complaints about shitty ports were perfectly justified, as anyone who has ever tried la noire on pc and didn't stab anyone in the process, which may have been around three people, can testify

secondly, it's almost as if developers had a finite amount of resources that they had to spread efforts across multiple platforms, shocking, right?

let's say ubisoft has 6 teams working on watch dogs... one each for ps3, ps4, 360, xbone, pc and wiiu... now, if they stop the development for ps3 and x360, they can spread the manpower around the other teams and therefore spend more time and effort on perfecting their games... not that they will because suckers will pay them anyway, but hypothetically they could

in any case, i thought you didn't care about graphics so why would it matter to you if consoles were massively weaker anyway?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Just bought and played the new Titanfall Expedition DLC and bah gawd, it's brilliant. Respawn have done a damn good job in handcrafting each map.

Looking forward to the new modes  and Titan Burn Cards they are going to add with the next patch. This game just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited by RedOranje on Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Profanity)
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm

che wrote:

secondly, it's almost as if developers had a finite amount of resources that they had to spread efforts across multiple platforms, shocking, right?

let's say ubisoft has 6 teams working on watch dogs... one each for ps3, ps4, 360, xbone, pc and wiiu... now, if they stop the development for ps3 and x360, they can spread the manpower around the other teams and therefore spend more time and effort on perfecting their games... not that they will because suckers will pay them anyway, but hypothetically they could

in any case, i thought you didn't care about graphics so why would it matter to you if consoles were massively weaker anyway?

That's my exact point, cross-gen games clearly have an impact in terms of graphics on the final product.

Which is why the likes of Witcher 3, Arkham Knight and so on look infinitely better than games which have resources wasted on older platforms.

Oh and i don't care about graphics, i just have a problem with clear OTT claims to support an argument as there is no way the PS4 at least is weak.... plus as anybody knows the longer consoles are out the better the games look.

For example just compare 360 launch titles to 360 titles at end of the generation, its drastically different.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:16 pm

Mole, heard the same thing about psg from 2 other french websites, one that i know jeuxactu.com, and another i dont... there is something :wub: 
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Well we will found out soon enough Laughing

Embargo is on the 25th no?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:42 pm

wat
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42