pUsHa
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ah i kinda hope they eventually release the entire trilogy on PS4/XBO anyway.

My PC is too shit to run any of them and playing all 3 and watching the decisions i made translate from sequel to sequel will probably result in a much different experience.

I don't think we'll ever see all the Witcher games ported to consoles, CDPR tried to port The Witcher 1 to the 360 once and it nearly bankrupt them lol. The Witcher 1 will stay PC exclusive for ever sadly.

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Freeza wrote:Yeah I hope they'll release a lot of older gen games on ps4 since there aren't any as of now

Why don't you just play those games on your PS3?  scratch 

Leave old games in the past, it's time for new stuff.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
Freeza wrote:Yeah I hope they'll release a lot of older gen games on ps4 since there aren't any as of now

Why don't you just play those games on your PS3?  scratch 

Leave old games in the past, it's time for new stuff.

So I can sell my ps3 and games to get money for more games. Also, my ps3 fan is going ham every time I play on it. DNA and Tom know what I'm talking about
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:00 pm

My ps3 in the Summer now suffers in anything but the XMB menu rofl

I feel sorry for it man, plugging away making more noise than a hoover just to load up a FIFA menu Laughing

Need to make the next gen switch soon, as my little ps3 can't survive another summer. Time to put old yeller down.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:07 pm

That's why slim PS3>>>>>>>>> :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:20 pm

In the middle of Darksiders 2 right now :coffee:

Poor THQ...
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:55 pm

I got my ps3 long before they existed. And it's done a good job, lasted up until the brink of next gen. Still works fine, just loud as hell
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:12 pm

Dark Souls such a brilliant game yet at the same time so frustrating. Never been so invested in the core gameplay of a game since.. can't even remember.

A throwback to when games did not hold your hand through every facet of gameplay.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Anyone here have Xbox One? I am considering getting it. I'm kinda bummed out because my PS3 just died on me with the yellow lights, for the second time. :facepalm:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Just completed UC 2, that last boss fight though, took like 15 minutes.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:45 am

This needs to be the covert art of this game General Games Discussion Thread - Page 41 HO6vhMi
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ah i kinda hope they eventually release the entire trilogy on PS4/XBO anyway.

My PC is too shit to run any of them and playing all 3 and watching the decisions i made translate from sequel to sequel will probably result in a much different experience.

I don't think we'll ever see all the Witcher games ported to consoles, CDPR tried to port The Witcher 1 to the 360 once and it nearly bankrupt them lol. The Witcher 1 will stay PC exclusive for ever sadly.

Don't see how that's relevant, they are a lot bigger company now and porting games over from the PC to the PS4/XBO as they are basically shit PCs is a lot easier than porting over to 360 as the framework is entirely different.

Not the case with the PS4/XBO, if they wanted to do it they easily could.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:18 am

About pes 2015, everything is under embargo till the 25th, but this is what a journalist of jeuxvideo.fr said during a e3 recap vlog:

I was happily surprised (at E3) by pes 2015, strangely, which i had the privilege to see at konami. "Strangely" because it's been 5-6 years we have been playing average to good pes games, and the next one is looking very very good, as a true rival to fifa, which i doubted after years of disappointments. I have very very happy to have seen that great pes.

gosh hopefully the next one is good, i cant stand fifa anymore, need something different, but actually great.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:40 am

How many times have we heard that regrading every new pes? Not convinced.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Gonna say the same thing Falcao.

But anyway we know what the PES issues are, the game itself is fine the only ones who say its turd are the people who play it for 5 mins and put it down.... its not like Fifa you can't play it for 5 mins and enjoy it takes a while for it to really take hold of what the experience is.

The real issue here is the game modes are very threadbare compared to Fifa's offerings and that's always been the issue and until i see it with my own eyes i'm gonna assume that hasn't changed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:05 pm

heard that from pes before as well, but it was usually from the hype machine of konami or the people of winningelevenblog and the likes. given that they are general press and they usually rate pes fairly i thought it was a good angle.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Depends on the media inparticular tbf, some are fair and some are just what you described.

I expect it to play very well though, i liked 2014 but you could tell it was a next gen game stuck in a last gen body struggling to break free.

Now its gonna be legitimately next gen, using the Fox Engine to the fullest. My question is will it have the modes to compliment the gameplay to make it be a success.

Because lets be honest that's the main reason Fifa sells so much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:40 pm

If Pro Evolution Soccer use Fox Engine to all their capabilities; they'll blow FIFA so far out of the water they'll have to adapt to land. It'll take them years of investment to come up with an engine rivaling FOX especially considering FIFA's core engine is pathetic and is a structure built over years rather than ground-up.

FOX is PES' Ace card.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Ubisoft goofed hard. The original graphics you saw at E3 were included on the PC version and a guy found them and made a mod to enable them:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=389848

Lots of pitchforks being raised about a conspiracy to cripple the graphics of the PC version so the general public doesn't realize how much weaker the current gen of consoles is.

https://imgur.com/a/23usB

You what the worst part is? It's not just graphical improvements, but performance improvements as well...
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 pm

I play on console because it feels more casual, and I can distance myself from the screen. I'm well aware of it's limitations compared to PC, but graphics and performance is not high on my priority list, as long as I'm not bothered by these limitations and it works the way it's intended, and that I can play it while sitting or lying on the sofa. I'm sure there are several ways of doing the same thing with a PC, but I'm not a computer wiz and it's too much hassle. I would have most likely followed your guidelines for how to "play like a man" if I was a more hardcore gamer, but I'm not Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 am

Phritz wrote:Ubisoft goofed hard. The original graphics you saw at E3 were included on the PC version and a guy found them and made a mod to enable them:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=389848

Lots of pitchforks being raised about a conspiracy to cripple the graphics of the PC version so the general public doesn't realize how much weaker the current gen of consoles is.

https://imgur.com/a/23usB

You what the worst part is? It's not just graphical improvements, but performance improvements as well...

Wow that's a pretty big improvement.

Just confirming, are you referring PS4/XboxOne as the current gen?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:49 am

yes, he is... the current generation is made of 2-year old pc components that weren't even high end back then
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:00 pm

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 41 Original
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

Started uncharted. It has a bit of TLOU feeling to it lol. Obviously same makers.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am

CD Projekt Red confirming Witcher 3 will run at 1080p on PS4 and settings in general are equivalent of PC on high settings.

But apparently due to graphics on cross gen Ubisoft crap like Watch Dogs we are supposed to believe the console is weak according to PC fanboys  Rolling Eyes 
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
But apparently due to graphics on cross gen Ubisoft crap like Watch Dogs we are supposed to believe the console is weak according to PC fanboys  Rolling Eyes 

The consoles are equivalent to a current gen 150$ graphics card. Che exaggerates how weak they are but not by much.

Also, the presets for Witcher 2 were Low, Medium, High and Ultra, with the ability to change some settings above the Ultra preset.

Thimmy wrote:I play on console because it feels more casual, and I can distance myself from the screen. I'm well aware of it's limitations compared to PC, but graphics and performance is not high on my priority list, as long as I'm not bothered by these limitations and it works the way it's intended, and that I can play it while sitting or lying on the sofa. I'm sure there are several ways of doing the same thing with a PC, but I'm not a computer wiz and it's too much hassle. I would have most likely followed your guidelines for how to "play like a man" if I was a more hardcore gamer, but I'm not Razz

It really isn't as much hassle as you think.

Get Xbox 360 controller.

Plug TV into PC

Enable Steam Big Picture

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 42 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next