*Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

+14
Kick
Grooverider
djfawnz
Adrian0911
iNFINITY9910
ExtremistEnigma
Highburied
Red Alert
LeBéninois
Gil
Art Morte
The Franchise
Valkyrja
Onyx
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

*Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Uncanny Fri May 17, 2013 8:26 pm

I doubt torres is going anywhere, but with lukaku coming back (hopefully into first team) there needs to be a good striker rotation, idk about how the whole shrulle thing coming in either, but we need a dm for sure and sell mikel. All in all, Id like to see Lukaku lead our line in the future.

Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Transfers special* Which players should Chelsea sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Uncanny Fri May 17, 2013 9:00 pm

also don't forget that we will be getting essien back, and hes having a good loan spell at real madrid.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat May 18, 2013 8:27 am

I doubt Essien is gonna feature too much Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 18, 2013 8:29 am

I don't see why we need him, with Lampard staying, Romeu returning, Mikel and Ramires plus another CM, we'll be pretty stacked in CM.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat May 18, 2013 8:52 am

And Essien would find it hard cos he is pretty injury prone these days..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 am

Exactly, I think it's a poor move by him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat May 18, 2013 9:02 am

Keeping Mikel and getting rid of Essien rofl
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 18, 2013 9:29 am

Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 19, 2013 4:59 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Keeping Mikel and getting rid of Essien rofl

What's wrong with that?

Essien is like 33, on over 100k wages and will only play 20 games or so next season as he's injury prone.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 am

highburied wrote:Imagine if you hand Benitez 100m to spend Very Happy

Players he would buy:

Skrtel for 28 m

Some spanish nobody for 30m

Some british nobody for 35 m

In the end, he would cry for funds ..
----

Skrtel was bought for 7m iirc.

The most he spent on a Spanish player was Torres; who was bought for 23m. The next expensive Spanish player was Alonso for 10m.

Are you honestly trying to blame Rafa on the signing of Andy Carroll? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 am

ynwa wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Essien is like 33, on over 100k wages and will only play 20 games or so next season as he's injury prone.

When Essien gets injured, he misses half the season, if not the whole season. It'll either be 30-40 games or less than 10 from him.

Rather pointless to keep but according to Ess, he's gonna be playing for us next season. Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 19, 2013 5:06 am

Kick wrote:
ynwa wrote:

What's wrong with that?

When Essien gets injured, he misses half the season, if not the whole season. It'll either be 30-40 games or less than 10 from him.

Rather pointless to keep but according to Ess, he's gonna be playing for us next season. Rolling Eyes

If you were him, would you leave? lol

He knows he's always injured and Chelsea pays for his medical crap.
He gets spoiled in cash through his wages.
He's settled down in England.
Nobody else would offer him anything close to the wages he's on.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 19, 2013 5:08 am

Exactly. Just like Malouda this season.

Except Essien is loved while Malouda never was.

I really hope he doesn't hang around next season, we lucked out with Mourinho wanting him this season, I am not sure we'll be so lucky next.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun May 19, 2013 7:12 am

ynwa wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Except that he isn't.

He's 30 and a lot better than anyone Chelsea has in the midfield atm. Chavs were crying out for steel in midfield and there's no one better than him at the club.

What injury prone? He just had one long term injury last season.

100k wages Laughing as if that's a big amount at Chelsea. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 19, 2013 7:19 am

He's well past his prime, He hasn't been a boss since 09 and he has been surpassed by Ramires and Mikel long ago. He won't get any better next season while the other two have a very good chance of improving.

By injury prone, he means, he'll play a season then sit out the next. Look at his recent history and you will understand that. We don't need steel in our MF, we need a player who can create from deep, Essien is not that. We need another Makelele, not an old Essien.

100k wages is 100k more than what we need to spend. I'd rather we spend that money on someone like Moutinho or Gundogan than Essien.

Not needed.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun May 19, 2013 7:25 am

Yeah right, you don't need steel in the midfield when you're playing with Mata, Hazard, Oscar and a striker in the same lineup. Rolling Eyes

I'm not saying he's good enough to be a first teamer, I'm saying that he's a better backup option than Mikel. If Mourinho comes, you can safely expect Essien to stay.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 19, 2013 7:31 am

Considering Mikel will be a starter next season, I don't see how Essien will be a better back up than Mikel.....

We already have enough steel in DM, if you watched our games this season you would see how clear it is that we need a player to play the ball out from defence who isn't David Luiz.

The Franchise wrote:
When I watch Chelse that to me is their biggest issue, consistently going from deep midfield to final third because of erratic passing and decisions. Even bigger problem than Torres.

Dani knows what he is talking about. We do not need more steel in Midfield, we have enough, Ramires and Mikel fill that nicely and Lampard can too if need be.

We need a different type of player so David Luiz can stop playing in Midfield.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun May 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Here's a legitimate question for you Chelsea lot: how highly do you rate Lukaku?

The club paid a fee rising to £20m for him, and he's been a star on a mid-table squad this season, scoring 14 in 20 starts (and 14 subs). He's obviously very good, and he looks to have found his feet in the Premier League. The question here is has developed enough to compete with Ba and Torres for starts, or if he will be sent out on loan again next season? Moreover, if Chelsea decide not to drop ~£45m for a striker, is he the best option for bolstering their strike-force?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 22, 2013 4:07 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Except that he isn't.

He's 30 and a lot better than anyone Chelsea has in the midfield atm. Chavs were crying out for steel in midfield and there's no one better than him at the club.

What injury prone? He just had one long term injury last season.

100k wages Laughing as if that's a big amount at Chelsea. Laughing

He's been on the decline since 2010. "A lot better" than Chelsea's other is not true lol. He's arguably their worst player at the moment. He's finished.
And he's been fighting for injuries for a while now. Oh, and 100k wages is a big amount for any club if they don't offer any playing time. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 22, 2013 9:57 am

@kick apparently Mourinho wants to get rid of Luiz which means you'd probably need a CB to replace him. He also wants Khedira as your B2B I don't exactly know what will happen to Ramires if Khedira signs scratch
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 22, 2013 10:01 am

Yeah, I've read those rumours, Personally, Luiz is out most talented CB, I'd rather see Mourinho try work with him as oppose to giving up before he's tried. There are also very few CB's out there which are better. Not a smart move and I hope the club blocks it if true.

As for Khedira, this is just as bad, We already have Ramires, why bring in Sami, Unless Mourinho wants to play some kind of Ramires-Khedira pivot for a high work rate. I'd much rather sign a passer than a slower Ramires.

I imagine Mikel or Romeu are more likely to go If we buy Khedira.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 am

Luiz strikes me as a less agressive Pepe and Mourinho used to love Pepe so unless he has lined up a better CB I don't understand the logic behind that decision. I haven't seen a CB linked with Chelsea yet either so those rumours are probably bs

As for Khedira this rumour has been going on for a while and he is the ideal 'Mourinho player' aka hard working, tactical master player. But he lacks in speed and passing ability under pressure but Mou has always preferred brain to speed which is why he had both Khedira and Alonso playing together in midfield instead of Cacktrao who was signed initially to play CM. I can see him deploying a 4-3-3 if he has plans for Khedira and Ramires to play together. Mou seems to love that formation and has used it on many occasions with us

Cech
Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Cole
Khedira-Oscar-Ramires
Mata-striker-Hazard

doesn't look too bad on paper tbh but in practice it will be hard to create with that midfield
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 22, 2013 10:29 am

We haven't been linked with any CB's since we were reportedly watching Dede.

Yeah, I could see Mourinho using Khedira and Ramires together but I don't understand, we already Have Ramires, why not bring in a passer?

For that XI, if you add a creative CF like Rooney, I think we'd be ok, as long as Oscar could play that role.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed May 22, 2013 12:36 pm

TBH IMO, there is no player that Mou needs to bring from Madrid.. if Mou comes.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2