UEFA U21 European Championships (Israel, June 5th - June 18th)

+74
Mamad
Uncanny
harhar11
Juveman17
Lex
MaraVilla
guest7
Zlatan
Lupi
Sina
The Sanchez
moutinho
LeVersacci
vivabarca38
Clandestino
Madvillain
chad4401
sportsczy
Körbl
Djcomplain
sbaggio
RedOranje
M99
elitedam
Winter is Coming
futbol
Berbatov
Kaladin
Luca
CBarca
punkfusion1992
DuringTheWar
Highburied
timzink
Adit
Yeezus
Valkyrja
EL Patron
schrutebucks
VanDeezNuts
Ganso
nasir6371
Zealous
Rebaño Sagrado
Clockwork Orange
Le Samourai
Mr Nick09
Casciavit
InterMalia
B-Mac
Eivindo
Suarez99
McAgger
Nishankly
VivaStPauli
urbaNRoots
ExtremistEnigma
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
halamadrid2
free_cat
Arquitecto
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Red Alert
BarrileteCosmico
Fuchsteufelswild
barca 2011
McLewis
El Gunner
DeletedUser#1
Gil
RealGunner
rwo power
Jay29
78 posters

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next

Go down

UEFA U21 European Championships (Israel, June 5th - June 18th) - Page 12 Empty Re: UEFA U21 European Championships (Israel, June 5th - June 18th)

Post by Eivindo Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:28 pm

UEFA U21 European Championships (Israel, June 5th - June 18th) - Page 12 38547794

Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UEFA U21 European Championships (Israel, June 5th - June 18th) - Page 12 Empty Re: UEFA U21 European Championships (Israel, June 5th - June 18th)

Post by Gil Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Shelvey is a moron. Playing Hollywood balls instead of keeping possession. Shocking sub by Pearce.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Should have taken Akpom to the Under 21s. Better than all those scrubs upfront
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:59 pm

good thing i turned that crap off and watched formula 1 qualifying instead, what a joke performance from england....pearce needs to go
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:Should have taken Akpom to the Under 21s. Better than all those scrubs upfront

His absence doesn't mean hes better. Personally I think akpom is overrated similar to how most of these players were at one point. The future will reveal whether he is in fact a genuine talent or not
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:02 pm

honestly England's youth has no hope. They looked clueless out there. If that is the best of England's U-21s I weep for their future
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Not sure what people expected from us though if i'm honest.

We are managed by a man who makes Pardew look like Sacchi.

Not to mention the players we have are mostly poor Championship crap.

Our supposed best player according to the media in Zaha has the IQ of an orange peel.

Why i keep saying the future is not that bright, our players are overhyped.

None of them will be World Cup quarter finals class in 5-10 years.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not sure what people expected from us though if i'm honest.

Our supposed best player according to the media in Zaha has the IQ of an orange peel.

Clyne will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:09 pm

doesnt really matter who will make it or not, teamplay is a concept foreign to english coaches and looks like it's dripping down to players as well. in club they are ok, with the NT, they look awful. it's coaching that's wrong with England, not the players although they can be made better than they actually are.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Embarrassing reprentation of englands youth. The 1st factor is that many of the brighter u21 talents were either injured, left out because they have moved to the senior team, or misused by the manager, resulting in a much diminished talent pool, this coupled with the fact that England don't have the depth to take out the first choice players and still play well. The second factor is the manager, there are two points here, firstly he is a tactical trainwreck and sets his players up to fail, secondly he does not actually care about the development of the players, he is selfish and only cares about his managerial reputation. This was made evident when he started blaming his players for not being good enough DURING THE TOUURNAMENT, this guy should be let nowhere near the development of youngsters.

Those that think this is englands future are wide if the mark. There are maybe 2 players at max there that might become senior regulars imo
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Embarrassing reprentation of englands youth. The 1st factor is that many of the brighter u21 talents were either injured, left out because they have moved to the senior team, or misused by the manager.

While that is true i still don't think those players that were moved to the senior team, injured or left out are good enough quite frankly.

None of them are truly impressive outside of Wilshere and he can't stay fit for 2 days in a row.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:21 pm

" Norway had a flight booked home on Wed as they expected to be knocked out."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:30 pm

What is your definition of good enough? players like sterling and chamberlain are more than good enough to excel at u21 level, im not calling them world class but they are pretty good imo, wilsheres fitness problems doesn't justify discounting him, I bet hes played more games at the top level than 9/10 21 year olds have, then you have very promising players like luke shaw who was injured. Then you have very talented players like mceachran and tom carrol of spurs who are completely and utterly wasted by the manager. Added to them there are some extremely impressive players in the youngers age groups that make optimistic about England, but there isn't really much point naming them yet.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:39 pm

I'll give you Chamberlain and Shaw and agree on Wilshere.

But outside of that what is there really? McEachran has been hyped for about 5 years and shown absolutely nothing to justify it.

Tom Carroll has shown good technique and close control in his brief appearances but nothing enough to say he's a future England player.

I won't talk about younger ages groups because its not relevant at the moment.

Quite frankly most youth players get overhyped for doing very little which is why i pay little attention to it, the players i see people getting excited about don't really fill me with excitement.

Rodwell was the same, but again he's average. I don't care what players do at a young age its easy to perform when you break through but the key is maintaining it and adapting to the opposition adapting to your strengths.

Very few English players over last 5 years have done that and very few look like doing so in the future.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:What is your definition of good enough? players like sterling and chamberlain are more than good enough to excel at u21 level, im not calling them world class but they are pretty good imo, wilsheres fitness problems doesn't justify discounting him, I bet hes played more games at the top level than 9/10 21 year olds have, then you have very promising players like luke shaw who was injured. Then you have very talented players like mceachran and tom carrol of spurs who are completely and utterly wasted by the manager. Added to them there are some extremely impressive players in the youngers age groups that make optimistic about England, but there isn't really much point naming them yet.

+1

In a way i am happy Oxlade didn't go. I don't trust pearce with him. Would make him into a crossing machine or something. But yea, he is probably better than all the wingers and even the CAMs atm for U21s.

Pearce has always been clueless with technically sound players. Arsene really dislike him for that. Thankfully Wilshere never/or rarely got to play under Pearce.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:42 pm

Tom Carroll is a fantastic young player and his being left out of this tournament is shocking because he's better than the entire England U-21 XI combined.

Future of England, right next to Wilshere.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not sure what people expected from us though if i'm honest.

United will make him 10 times the player, world class wing play
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:48 pm

CBarca wrote:Tom Carroll is a fantastic young player and his being left out of this tournament is shocking because he's better than the entire England U-21 XI combined.

Future of England, right next to Wilshere.

This is what i'm talking about..... he has shown absolute sod all to be deserving of such hype.

When he's a starter for Spurs and doing it week in week out instead of a 10 min sub appearance here and there then talk.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:50 pm

This is why Pearce didn't pick him. Shame on Tom Carroll for showing skill and passing ability.

Future of England. Going to be better than Modric just you wait.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Goal Italy Saponara.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:52 pm

being better than modric shouldnt be a young player career's ambition
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:53 pm

CBarca wrote:

This is why Pearce didn't pick him. Shame on Tom Carroll for showing skill and passing ability.

Future of England. Going to be better than Modric just you wait.

Stahp this is ridiculous and why people keep overrating England players.

Not even funny anymore, people suddenly getting excited about a name based on very little.

I don't blame the players tbh the expectations place on them is insane.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I agree with you generally and about overhyping, I don't really like zaha much for example and hes probably the most hyped. But I don't think ones mceachran should be written off. He is only 20 I think, its not his fault that people expected him to be the new zidane or something before he turned 19.

the main thing here is we are talking about the future for England, whether these players are playing regularly for their clubs right now doesn't say much about what they have the potential to be in a year or 2 from now. People generally expect too much too quickly from young players imo
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:57 pm

AVB can mould Tom Carroll into something special Moal. There is a reason I bought him on FIFA.

I've seen enough of Tom Carroll to accurately judge that he's probably the greatest English talent since Wayne Rooney. He's a special boy and it's a shame you don't see it. Keep up the haterade brah.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:I agree with you generally and about overhyping, I don't really like zaha much for example and hes probably the most hyped. But I don't think ones mceachran should be written off. He is only 20 I think, its not his fault that people expected him to be the new zidane or something before he turned 19.

the main thing here is we are talking about the future for England, whether these players are playing regularly for their clubs right now doesn't say much about what they have the potential to be in a year or 2 from now. People generally expect too much too quickly from young players imo

Agreed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:59 pm

greatest talent since rooney? i heard that before that other young lad from utd, you know the one that likes to shag and is a brat? someone help me remind his name
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 32 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 22 ... 32  Next