Kick
Arquitecto
Juveman17
Harmonica
RealGunner
Kaladin
16 posters

Go down

Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto" Empty Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto"

Post by Kaladin Sun May 05, 2013 2:47 am

Massimiliano Allegri joined the chorus of denials about Roma and Inter, insisting third place “would be like the Scudetto” for Milan.

The Corriere della Sera reported today that Allegri had already agreed a three-year contract with Roma despite being approached by Inter, but all three clubs have released official statements categorically denying the story.

“These are pure allegations and very disappointing, as I am an honest person and have always said if anything happened then my employers would be the first to know. I won’t talk about my future again until the end of the season, if not to my President and Adriano Galliani.

“I have a contract with Milan and I’m concentrated with the lads and the club to achieving an objective that was thought almost impossible a few months ago. My intention is to stay with Milan, the most successful club in the world. Any Coach would want to sit on this bench and I am already here, so why would I want to leave?” said Allegri in his Press conference.

“Third place would be like the Scudetto considering the way our season started. Fourth place wouldn’t be a failure, but it would be a bitter result and I don’t even want to think about it. These lads deserve third after those difficult moments and the end of an era.”

Milan host Torino on Sunday afternoon, while Fiorentina welcome Roma this evening and only one point separates them. Click here for the match previews.

“Every game is decisive until there is mathematical certainty. Between tonight and tomorrow we should start to understand a little more on third place. Finishing the weekend in front of Fiorentina would be crucial.”

Riccardo Montolivo is out with a thigh injury, while Stephan El Shaarawy is in doubt with an inflamed ankle.

“We will have to evaluate El Shaarawy’s situation today. I am optimistic, but in case of problems Robinho is ready, while Mario Balotelli and Kevin-Prince Boateng will start.

“It’s a shame about Montolivo, but hopefully we can get him back for the last few games. The ideal substitute in front of the defence is Sulley Muntari, but if needs be we also have Bryan Cristante. Christian Abbiati should return too.”

The game against Torino arrives 64 years after the Superga tragedy, a plane crash on May 4 1949 that wiped out the Grande Torino squad.

“It is important to pay homage and remember that tragedy for this great club,” added Allegri. “It is part of football history and we should all remember that great team.”

--------------- Sauce: http://www.football-italia.net/33813/allegri-third-place-scudetto

Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto" Cristiano-ronaldo-391-lionel-messi-xavi-balon-d-or-fifa-best-player-in-the-world-gala-photo-2011-2012

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Sun May 05, 2013 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto" Empty Re: Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto"

Post by RealGunner Sun May 05, 2013 2:48 am

Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto" Wenger_troll
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto" Empty Re: Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto"

Post by Harmonica Sun May 05, 2013 2:49 am

Those faces, should be the next Mount Rushmore. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun May 05, 2013 8:46 am

Massimiliano Wenger :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 05, 2013 9:10 am

And he is absolutely right. What he has done to take us from relegations onto Champions League hopes in a league ravenous after being stripped of 4th spot, is down right amazing. He has evolved as a manager in every sense of the word. With Fiorentina only a hair's length away and breathing down our necks, having 3rd spot, something we never dreamed of pre-season or 1st half, is more than a Scudetto.

Wenger and Max do share similar characteristics, both excellent leaders, tacticians and very fluent in their languages. But biggest similarity? Both huge trolls

Spoiler:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 05, 2013 11:31 am

rofl

Bad news for Milan fans, Allegri wants to be the next Wenger.

Say goodbye to torphies.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun May 05, 2013 11:43 am

Kick wrote: rofl

Say goodbye to torphies.
We said goodbye to any trophies when we sold our best players and stopped any significant investment in the transfer market.

Given our current financial situation and the mass exodus during the last transfer season, third place is like a Scudetto.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Next season Milan will rise Inter also....

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun May 05, 2013 10:28 pm

Inter is lost forever. Give them a Milan shirt and send them over for our games, so we can maximize attendances :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon May 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Damn sure it feels like it,I was certain Europa league was the best we could do.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 pm

It certainly is a great achievement considering what he had to deal with.
Will Allegri continue next season at Milan?
I hope so, he deserves it. And with Balotelli and a couple of signings they can be challengers.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 pm

Actually i believe there are a few more that will leave. Robinho , Mexes, Abbiati, K.P, Nocerino, Muntari and Yepes.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Robinho, Abbiati, KP, Muntari and Yepes are hardly a loss for Milan. They'll make wage room. Mexes is a problem because you already lack good CBs.

Will Allegri stay?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 06, 2013 11:30 pm

I believe that if we finish third, which we will, that Allegri will stay. I don't believe the management will risk making a change given that he has the dressing room united behind him. The highly vocal player support will ensure Allegri keeps his job in my opinion, given that we will meet our minimum objectives.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 am

Trophy achieved
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon May 20, 2013 8:14 am

Il Diavolo wrote:
Kick wrote: rofl

Say goodbye to torphies.
We said goodbye to any trophies when we sold our best players and stopped any significant investment in the transfer market.

Given our current financial situation and the mass exodus during the last transfer season, third place is like a Scudetto.

Sounds like Arsenal to me :coffee:
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 20, 2013 8:22 am

arsenal and milan unit Proud
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 20, 2013 8:24 am

Arsenal made not winning trophies cool :coffee:

GTFO Milan wannabes, go win some trophies
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Lex wrote:Arsenal made not winning trophies cool :coffee:

Berlu: We are still the most successful club in the world Proud

"3rd place is like a trophy" Allegri: "Third place like a Scudetto" Gifler10

Still a chance we might draw Arsenal in CL qualification...
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon May 20, 2013 6:28 pm

:bow: We have done the impossible
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Lex wrote:Arsenal made not winning trophies cool :coffee:

Please Lex, we just won the only trophy worth winning :coffee:

Winning trophies without triggering wage bonuses and keeping the pretenders in their place. Arsenal and Milan Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down