*Transfers special* What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer?

+8
Dante
danyjr
Milantildeath
•MilanDevil•
Albiceleste
Harmonica
free_cat
Onyx
12 posters

Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer? Empty *Transfers special* What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Onyx Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 am

What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer?

Also should they adjust their tactics?

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer?

Post by free_cat Thu May 02, 2013 8:43 am

The first of the changes should be in our coaching staff. It's obvious that the physical and motivation have been a failure this season.

Second, we need to be more practical. Our game is great when everyone is on top of their game (coaches too), but if they aren't, we can't just pretend to play the same. We hand the game on a platter to our oppositions. It is no shame playing with the strategy Bayern used in both games, which was to press at midfield and counter, and when having the ball move it forward fast with little risks. It's not our game, but it's attacking and trying to score.

Third, we obviously need new players in all our lines. Yes, even our midfield. I'm not convinced by none of our current midfielders. None. Even Iniesta and Busquets played awfully vs. Bayern.

First the exits:
Sure exits: Bojan, Afellay, Dos Santos, Cuenca (loan to Ajax), Villa, Alexis.

Possible exits: Cesc, Mascherano, Song, Puyol, Xavi, Valdes, Adriano, Alves, Pedro, Sergi Roberto.
These exits depends on offers and possible replacements. Not even my favourite Pedro is safe.

Promotions: Deulofeu, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto.

My shortlists for our signings:

GK: De Gea; Ter Stegen; Adler.
Ceneter back: Varane, Ramos, Dedé, Koscielny, Boateng, Iñigo Martinez.
Right back: Pisczeck, Carlos Martinez. (only if Alves goes).
Defensive Mid: Wanyama, Capoue, Pogba.
Central midfielders: Gundogan, Isco.
Forwards: Neymar, Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Andre Schurle, Jefferson Farfan, Lewandowski, Robben.

I would definitely sign the first one of each position in my shortlist if possible: De Gea, Varane, Wanyama, Gundogan and Neymar.
All other signings would depend on exits, but I think all those players are quality and would do well at Barça.

My dream squad (considering feasible signings):

De Gea / Pinto

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama)

-------------------Thiago (Xavi/Gundogan) ----- Iniesta (Cesc/Rafinha)

Marco Reus (Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Deulofeu)
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

*Transfers special* What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer? Empty Re: *Transfers special* What players should Barcelona sell and buy in the summer?

Post by Harmonica Thu May 02, 2013 8:48 am

The young ones should be kept, and the ones who haven't won it all, together with Messi and Iniesta.

Mandatory off loads Villa and Pedro.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 am

Nerman locked down, time to sign some defenders.

Barca should first and foremost try to sign Thiago Silva, obviously, not a realistic target. Afterwards, they should try and get Caceres, he's versatile, solid and good aerially, still not that realistic of a target though, I doubt juve will want to sell. Another unrealistic one is Kompany, he's a good organizer, tall and athletic, beast. I like too Nastasic, but that's not happening.

Maybe more realistic options are Agger and Garay, two technically sound, tall, smart, defenders. I'm not saying they will be cheap though. Otamendi has also had a great season at the back in his partnership with Mangala, if Barca were somehow to do a swoop for those two, I would jump for joy.

I also like Yanga-Mbiwa from what I've seen of him. He can play left back as well, so theres that. It would be nice to get Coloccini as a squad player, while cantera youths develop, I think he would fit right in and still has a couple good seasons left in him.

Marquinhos is a young option, I haven't seen all that much of him, but when I watched him play he wasn't all that great, and he's not too tall either. Inigo Martinez doesn't look like he's going anywhere this summer.

Pedro and Villa must be sold. Pique is young and talented enough to warrant another chance.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 am

I wanted thiago silva to go to Barca when he left us, and I still want him to do so. Barca should also sign Inigo Martinez.

AlsoI agree with Albiceleste that both Pedro and Villa must be sold, a WC RW should be bought by Barca. Other than that, they should just add more depth.

Last edited by •MilanDevil• on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 am

like I said a couple months ago, I wouldnt mind robben, if theres money left for him. he has showed he still has quality

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 am

Albiceleste wrote:like I said a couple months ago, I wouldnt mind robben, if theres money left for him. he has showed he still has quality

Robben and Messi cannot play together, they would be fist fighting for the ball the entire match.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:55 am

Barca needs players that can work well with Messi. The threat in attack must come from all 3 sides and not only from Messi.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:04 am

I also like Koscielny, forgot to add that.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 am

Thiago Silva would obviously be the match made in heaven, but seeing how PSG try so hard to keep their manager, even though he's got his mind on Madrid, it will be extremely difficult for Barcelona to lure Thiago Silva (who's happy in PSG, apparently). In the end, considering his age and price tag, I wouldn't contemplate the idea.

Koscielny would be up next. I think he's a perfect fit for Barcelona. He is strong, good in air, quick and very clever. Not to mention he can play the ball from the back very well. He won't cost as much as the other high profile names that are linked with Barcelona, but won't be cheap either. Rightly priced (as with all Arsenal players). Don't think this transfer will happen though, since Barcelona haven't been linked with him at all.

Sakho would be the next player to look at. He's good at organising the defence and has the tenacity much needed at Barça. He won't be expensive and I think he can be a great partner for Piqué.

Regarding GK, ter Stegen is looking like a good option if Valdés leaves. When you look at the goals that Barcelona have conceded this season especially against top opponents, they've conceded 40% of their goals on set pieces (half of Madrid goals against Barcelona have been corner kicks!). Ter Stegen is a box commander. He'll come out of his goal to clean up those crosses that Barcelona defenders haven't been able to deal with for a good couple of years. If the price is right it would be stupid not to sign him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:05 am

Sign Fabregas Proud

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:44 am

free_cat wrote:The first of the changes should be in our coaching staff. It's obvious that the physical and motivation have been a failure this season.

Second, we need to be more practical. Our game is great when everyone is on top of their game (coaches too), but if they aren't, we can't just pretend to play the same. We hand the game on a platter to our oppositions. It is no shame playing with the strategy Bayern used in both games, which was to press at midfield and counter, and when having the ball move it forward fast with little risks. It's not our game, but it's attacking and trying to score.

Third, we obviously need new players in all our lines. Yes, even our midfield. I'm not convinced by none of our current midfielders. None. Even Iniesta and Busquets played awfully vs. Bayern.

First the exits:
Sure exits: Bojan, Afellay, Dos Santos, Cuenca (loan to Ajax), Villa, Alexis.

Possible exits: Cesc, Mascherano, Song, Puyol, Xavi, Valdes, Adriano, Alves, Pedro, Sergi Roberto.
These exits depends on offers and possible replacements. Not even my favourite Pedro is safe.

Promotions: Deulofeu, Rafinha, Sergi Roberto.

My shortlists for our signings:

GK: De Gea; Ter Stegen; Adler.
Ceneter back: Varane, Ramos, Dedé, Koscielny, Boateng, Iñigo Martinez.
Right back: Pisczeck, Carlos Martinez. (only if Alves goes).
Defensive Mid: Wanyama, Capoue, Pogba.
Central midfielders: Gundogan, Isco.
Forwards: Neymar, Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Andre Schurle, Jefferson Farfan, Lewandowski, Robben.

I would definitely sign the first one of each position in my shortlist if possible: De Gea, Varane, Wanyama, Gundogan and Neymar.
All other signings would depend on exits, but I think all those players are quality and would do well at Barça.

My dream squad (considering feasible signings):

De Gea / Pinto

Pisczeck (Montoya) - Pique (Bartra) - Varane (Boateng) - Jordi Alba (Adriano)

--------------------------- Busquets (Wanyama)

-------------------Thiago (Xavi/Gundogan) ----- Iniesta (Cesc/Rafinha)

Marco Reus (Pedro) ------ Messi (Neymar) --------- Neymar (Deulofeu)

Wanyama as Busquets' understudy. Proud
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:13 am

Which CB?

Agger? David Luiz? Koscielny? Vertonghen?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:17 am

Kompany.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:34 am

Koscielny.

I just came back from Emirates and if I were a Barcelona agent, that match would have convinced me 100% to sign him. He is, after Thiago Silva, closest to the profile of the defender Barcelona need imo.

Agger? Injury prone, overrated and expensive.

Luiz? Error prone, overrated (depending on who you ask) and expensive.

Vertonghen? He was cheap when you had a chance to sign him, with him and De Boer literally offering the Belgian to Barcelona. Now you have to deal with someone who sold floprić for no less than €40 millions and is not scared at all to hustle Madrid for €100+ million for Bale.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:54 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Which CB?

None, we cant sign any of them. Only maybe Koscielny but I think Wenger will look for quite alot more money than perhaps we should be willing to go.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:41 am

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Which CB?

None, we cant sign any of them. Only maybe Koscielny but I think Wenger will look for quite alot more money than perhaps we should be willing to go.

The defense's issue has been overlooked for so long , it's absurd . Vertonghen was available and wantedd to come but no bid ? or am i wrong ?

and Koscielny woudn't cost more than 25millions even right now .... could have gone for him is Song hadn't been boughté
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Yes thats right, Ajax offered him to us and Vertoghen of course was very happy with that move. We didnt want him.

I also dont know of Koscienly would cost under 25m...thats an assumption im not willing to make. Wenger isnt stupid, he knows he is their best defender and we are desperate for one...I dont know why he would do us a favour by giving us a fair price.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Players cost a lot nowadays and Barca need a top CB, so I think they should be prepared to pay. €25m shouldn't be too much anyway for a top club like Barca.

David Luiz cost Chelsea €25m, so he won't leave leave for less.

Agger would cost around €20m, Vertonghen probably around the same.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Agger for €20m? No *bleep* way.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Well he joined Liverpool for like £6m and he's a top CB, so I think he should be worth around that now.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 am

Does his contract end next year?

Edit: No, ends 2016 according to BBC.

In any case, I don't think Liverpool will let him go for cheap knowing they are pressured to go to Champions League next season. Look how hard they're trying to keep Suárez.

Besides, I think with the money they spend on him they can get a better defender. I wonder why Barcelona take no gambles no more and want big names to join their squad. What happened to the days of signing Eto'o, Touré, Abidal, Deco etc. These players were good players but nowhere near established, and all of them turned out to be world class players. Probably all 4 for less money than what they paid for Neymar too.

Last edited by danyjr on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:10 am

Apparently he signed an extension last year, because his contract was going to end in 2014.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:25 am

danyjr wrote: What happened to the days of signing Eto'o, Touré, Abidal, Deco etc

Laporta and Txiki back then, Rossell and Zubi now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 pm

Sky Sports understands that Barcelona have made a formal offer for Chelsea defender David Luiz, but the bid has been rejected.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down