StevieRayVaughan
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
72 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Mourinho has failed! - Page 11 Empty Re: Mourinho has failed!

Post by Donuts Sat May 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Getting to the final four is like a trophy for Madrid Laughing

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 18, 2013 5:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:We never, ever had an underdog attitude or felt we were underdogs... only once maybe and that's because we had Heinze as a fullback lol. I can honestly say this.

Our issue? We changed managers every single freakin year. It takes a year for the system and players to get it together and we never allowed a manager into his second year to see the fruits of his labor. We also made transfers on a whim it seemed as opposed to logically.

Look, we won 3 La Liga titles in the 7 years before Mou and those were considered our dark years. Before that, we had VDB and we went to 4 straight CL semis, won 2 and also won La Liga.

There was never, ever a dry enough period for Madrid to feel like underdogs. Not one. CL was our frustration... and Flo's obsession. Only reason Mou came was that he felt Mou would give us CL glory. Not worth the price at all in retrospect.

He's going to do the same thing again... hire a manager based on CL. That's why Carlo is being targeted and Heynckes behind him. There's no other objective for Flo unfortunately. He's lost his Madridista spirit a long time ago.

This is what i was talking about earlier. The mentality of the guaranteed winner is something Mourinho came to change at Real and he succeeded . He made his players realise that they were underdogs actualy and they should feel like it and adapt and play like that to make progress when their predeccesors have stalled and that helped them overcome the issue with the 16, 3 times in a row , 2nd time coming this close from a final .

We never, ever had an underdog attitude or felt we were underdogs...

You see , apart from that , it doesn't really have much to do about what you think about yourself. It's what others think of you. A madman may feel like the king of the world in his mind , but in the end of the day , he's still the madman. It's not real the idea that exists in his head. You never had that attitude and you never felt like an underdog , but actualy , you were. I specificaly mentioned the cases in my previous post.

And it's because you had the mentality of a CL current holder instead of an underdog , that stalled any progress to win another CL all these years. You didn't have the best team after 2003 and for many reasons like you pointed out , you couldn't find yourselves at your best whatever the project at hand. Yet , the only thing you never changed and it should be apparent by now that this was at fault , was the inability to adapt to the new conditions. When everybody since Zidane's last year didn't hold you as favourites , you grasped that idea in your head as if nothing changed since 2002 against Leverkusen.

You were underdogs with regards to the CL since 2005-2006 untill basicaly Mourinho, even if you never felt like that . It was common secret if you like , maybe a little like England think themselves favourites to win cups even though they have yet to win a cup since Charlton Laughing

If you don't agree , it's another matter , but it is and was a fact that you ve been regarded as underdongs for a few times , admittedly . But apparently , there at the Real camp many live in their own world Laughing Something last , even if you managed somehow to convince me that Real weren't underdogs for the CL , you cannot possibly do that with the Classicos. Ever since the 2-6 , until Mourinho won the CDR , you were the underdogs , end of it , ask anybody neutral he will agree with my words. Hell , ask Real fans as well Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat May 18, 2013 5:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nobody saw Mou as the savior. Madrid doesn't need a savior and never has. We thought that given his record, we would be a factor again in CL. He achieved that part of the bargain mostly. What we didn't count on was:
- often unwatchable games because of his underdog tactics
- disrespect of everything and anyone in Spain
- constant bs drama
- constant scapegoating
- complete lack of class

In the end, it was easily not worth the headache of having Mou. We're not an underdog club and never have been. No individual is bigger than the club and Mou's ego wouldn't allow for that.

His legacy... he was a disgrace to the club. Again last night, he gets ejected and then refuses to come to the medal ceremony (as with CR7). Well guess what... this is the Copa Del Rey. The King and Queen were there. Out of respect for Spain and you gracefully accept that you lost.

Please gtfo Mou. Your stench is unbearable.

Agree Thumbs up
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sat May 18, 2013 6:21 pm

If Mou can't do it, no one can :facepalm: Real Madrid sense of entitlement
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Having an underdog attitude is all about how you feel about yourself... it has nothing to do with how others feel about you. In our history, we've never once had an inferiority complex at Madrid. I can guarantee you this lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat May 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Pretty sure when Barca took over during Peps reign you guys did lol

Explains why you guys gave full power to that nut job Mou
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 18, 2013 6:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:Having an underdog attitude is all about how you feel about yourself... it has nothing to do with how others feel about you. In our history, we've never once had an inferiority complex at Madrid. I can guarantee you this lol.

I explained my opinion as best i could Sports. It's not about you , the fans or the team. The football world didn't regard Real nothing but an underdog to lift the CL in that period of time . The same with the classicos since the 2-6 until you won the CDR again. Oh and by the way , during those classicos you felt underdogs and you had that attitude , it was blatantly obvious Laughing

I only explained how Real and fans understood that period completely wrong , by thinking of themselves otherwise and that it was false and delusional too. Now if you can't tell the difference , what can i say.. you are a true Madridista Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 19, 2013 12:48 am

According to a poll by Marca, 87% of responders (of a large madridista base) believe Mourinho has failed during his 3 years at Madrid.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:According to a poll by Marca, 87% of responders (of a large madridista base) believe Mourinho has failed during his 3 years at Madrid.
I personally believe Mou is a very good manager, and he's as suited to this type of high-profile, high-pressure job as anyone.

That said, a Copa Del Rey and one La Liga title in three years is well short of expectations. By that measure alone, you have to admit that he has "failed" against the stated objectives. It's quite clear the main objective was La Decima, and a secondary objective would've been to knock Barcelona off their perch on top of La Liga. Jose would've claimed success in the latter, had it not been for a considerably weaker Barcelona squad (without Pep) steam-rolling the league this season.

Not achieving publicly-touted objectives = failure... I don't see how it could be much more clear-cut.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Mourinho has failed! - Page 11 Empty Real Madrid aka The Insane Asylum

Post by A c e Mon May 20, 2013 5:17 am

Jose Mourinho (The Special One): Alright, lads, let’s talk about how we have been doing so far this season.

Iker Casillas (The Legend): Whatever you do, you must pick me. Otherwise, you shall face the consequences.

Jose Mourinho (The Special One): Excuse me?

Iker Casillas (The Legend): It’s either my way or the highway. I am the legend here. My performance, throughout my career, has been legendary.

Jose Mourinho (The Special One): Legendary? What are you? Barney Stinson? Guess what, I am the ...wait for it..... Special One. I’ll do it MY way. You can take that legendary status of yours with you, sit on the bench from here on out, and play with it yourself in your own little “I-am-the-legend” world.

Iker Casillas (The Legend): I’ll mess you up real good. I guarantee you that you will soon go wailing to your family. Mark my words.

Jose takes out a piece of paper and starts writing on it.

Iker Casillas (The Legend): What are you doing?

Jose Mourinho (The Special One): You’ve asked me to mark your words, which is exactly what I am doing.

Iker Casillas (The Legend): You’ll see.

Jose Mourinho (The Special One): Look, I am getting goosebumps! Hell, I couldn’t care less. What are you going to do? Politics? It’s getting too old for me. Please tell your wife, the so-called sexiest reporter, about this situation as well so that she could fully utilize her use of relational aggression. Tell her to spread malicious lies and rumors about me.

Florentino Perez (The President) thinking to himself: *What are those nuts up to again in the other room? I am drawing up plans to make money here for the club. Their egos have become way too big that no word in the dictionary can describe them. I swear I’m going to put both of them in a mental institution next time, and they can argue there for all eternity.*

And so the story goes.

Seriously speaking, I am with Jose Mourinho. I will justify my reasons for supporting him. Allow me to throw in a little introduction about me so that you will know why and where I am coming from.

I am the type to observe first. I never take people’s words as truths. I am not that interested in their words, I am more interested in what makes them say those words. For example, what is he/she trying to achieve by saying those words? Are his/her words born out of jealousy, grudge, hatred, admiration, appreciation, or respect? Or is someone else behind him/her?

And I do not believe what my eyes see. I believe what my mind sees. People like to wear a façade, and I like to go under it.

Now, let us get back to Mourinho.

First, Mourinho realizes the importance of language. The man speaks Portuguese, English, Italian, Spanish, and French. Whenever possible, Mourinho talks to his players in their own language, which is probably one of the main reasons why most of his former players felt close to him. He is jumping leagues like the whole world is his home. His ability to adapt to different cultures is incredible. If there are any expatriates on this forum, they probably have firsthand experience and knowledge about it.

Second, as a player, Mourinho knew his limits when he honestly stated that second division was his level. So, he focused on coaching. Under Sir Bobby Robson, he was responsible for the defense of the team. Clearly, as a coach, Mourinho’s teams reflected his early experiences under his mentor: impeccably strong in defense.

Third, Mourinho donated his 2010 FIFA World Coach of the Year award to Bobby Robson Charity in 2011. He clearly recognizes the role of his mentor, Sir Bobby Robson, in his career. He embraces his origin. If I were the president of a big team, I would definitely take him.

Fourth, please read this link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/9988996/How-Jose-Mourinho-gave-a-Mexican-cleaner-the-most-special-ride-of-his-life.html
That was very nice of Mourinho. Also, Sir Alex Ferguson steered clear of the press but treated that guy with respect. It is not hard to see why Sir Alex Ferguson is hailed as one of the greatest managers.

Fifth, Italian press saw Mourinho as an eyesore because Mourinho knew the ropes and spoke out about the officials publicly. In my opinion, Mourinho did rightly so. He stood up for his team and his players. Italian league was corrupt. Period. It still is. Just watch Serie A for an entire season and observe in-game officiating and the results.

Sixth, I was confounded when Mourinho openly lashed out at FIFA for the 2012 World Coach of the Year award. I thought Mourinho had lost his mind. Why would he want to make himself a target of FIFA? It would not bode him well in the future. So, I dug up every article I could about the award. To my surprise, the award very well could have been fixed. Goran Pandev publicly reported that his vote for Mourinho went to Vincente Del Bosque for some strange reasons. A week later, the Football Federation of Macedonia (FFM) admitted that Pandev indeed voted for Mourinho, but due to some technical error, the vote went to Del Bosque. Really? A technical error? It is a sugarcoated version of “We rigged the award”. At this rate, it is safe to say that there probably could be technical errors from other federations as well. FIFA probably pressurized FFM to take the blame. That is what the big guys do when they get caught. Mourinho is the type who would go against the whole world if he had to for truth, his team, and his players. Hence, the arrogant and a**h*** attitude according to those corrupt people.

Mourinho almost always had instant success as a coach everywhere before coming to Real Madrid. So, the Madridistas conveniently assumed that success could be achieved within 2 or 3 years. Hell, they always make that assumption with any coach to be honest. However, much to their dismay, all hell broke loose with Mourinho. There were too many egos in the team. Beating those egos could take a few years itself. Mourinho did just that. Unfortunately, things escalated. Now that Mourinho is leaving, even Pepe and the rest, except Ronaldo, have decided to turn against him. Of course, they have to brownnose Casillas now, don’t they?

Considering all those aforementioned points, I highly doubt that the Madridistas have the slightest idea about their coach as they are still bashing him. In the past, RM let go of Vicente Del Bosque, Wesley Sneijder, Arjen Robben, and Samuel Eto’o. Perhaps, it is best for Mourinho to leave Santiago Bernabéu, the insane asylum for the rich, the famous, and the legends. Leave all those legendary nutcases behind. I will definitely be rooting for Mourinho wherever he goes. I would take the Portuguese duo (Mourinho and Ronaldo) any day over the Spanish duo (Casillas and Ramos).

If anything, Mourinho has failed by his own standard, not by RM's. Mourinho needs a few more years to be able to reasonably judge by RM's standards. Why? Due to the fact that those egos need to be deflated first which takes time. At least, that is my opinion.

You say this, I say that. They say this, we say that. Oh, it is a wonderful world.
A c e
A c e
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon May 20, 2013 5:31 am

tl;dr

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2013 6:08 am

we replaced sneijder and robben with CR7 and Ozil lol. samuel eto'o was moved because R9 was here at the time and Michael Owen was his backup that year.... there was no opportunity for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 20, 2013 6:18 am

So many BS written in last few pages Laughing

Even Ronaldo turned against him dude. You wouldve never seen Ronaldo making a statement like ''I dont care about Mourinho ,i only care about Madrid '' in the first two years . The fact that entire dressing room is against the coach especially Mou's puppets like Ronaldo,Pepe etc you know he coach has fked up royally.

And the BS about Perez running the team and not allowing Mou to control the team rofl seriously ? like some one asked where have you been?

MOurinho had the most power for any manager in Real Madrid history. Perez sacked Valdano for Moruinho ,sacked Zidane for Mourinho, Made him an english style 'Manager' instead of just being a coach..perez had 0 say in anything football related matters during Mou's period.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A c e Mon May 20, 2013 6:53 am

sportsczy wrote:samuel eto'o was moved because R9 was here at the time and Michael Owen was his backup that year.... there was no opportunity for him.

Samuel Eto'o moved way before R9 and Owen came in. My point is that the club is always in a rush in finding players and coaches.

Adit wrote: ''I dont care about Mourinho ,i only care about Madrid ''

That to me is being neutral. CR7 is by no means a reckless player. In this type of situation, would he come out and say "I am with Mourinho"? He would be taken down along with Mourinho. In the midst of infighting, CR7 is wise to stay neutral. He is doing just that.

Adit wrote:And the BS about Perez running the team and not allowing Mou to control the team rofl seriously ? like some one asked where have you been?

I guess you missed the point of those made-up conversations. Even then, I did not mention that Perez was running the team. I wrote "Perez thinking to himself", meaning he was minding his own business. Those conversations are not meant to be taken seriously, which is why I added Barney Stinson (if you watch HIMYM) and all sorts of stuff. You took those conversations seriously and thought they were all BS.
A c e
A c e
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon May 20, 2013 7:11 am

Ace :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 am

IIRC, Mou started to dislike Casillas because Casillas was close to a number of Barça players and tried to create peace between the 2 clubs after Mou had created a war against Barça. It was only after that that the rumours that Casillas was leaking stuff to the media started to appear. Before any of that Casillas was doing everything Mou had told him to do, like crying about the referee, saying that Barça players dives etc.

So how is Casillas at fault for his and Mou's relationship..

Last edited by harhar11 on Mon May 20, 2013 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2013 7:13 am

You had Raul and Morientes before R9. There was absolutely no room at CF in Madrid to take a chance on a kid when Eto'o was coming up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 am

there was no ego problems in madrid until Mourinho decided to wage a war to barcelona at the expense of his players, stepped on madridismo with behaviors not befitting a madrid coach and engaged heavily in favoritism within his own ranks, while stabbing his players in the press when things were going badly. And i am supposed to be upset at players because a living embodiment of the club in casillas stood up to him and told him that wasnt the way to believe? ridiculous. The locker room we have right now was at peace when Guti and Raul left, Mou returned and stirred the shit up. If people like Casillas and Ramos reacted, it's because Mourinho was doing something wrong. But of course no one questions his behavior because he is a saint and make random mexicans dreams come true.

again, win and it's the special one mourinho, lose and blame the players, they refused to listen to the only manager in footy able to win things.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue May 21, 2013 6:53 am

Lawls no ego problems rofl

Perez shows up sells everyone that was a Calderon signing against Pellegrini's wishes.

Signs Kaka to spite Calderon ( who had promised and ultimately failed to sign him during his reign)

Saint Iker the supposed embodiment of Real Madrid, trains the least among the group.

Ramos predicting 3-0 victory over Lyon before the tie even started in 2010.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 21, 2013 6:55 am

Mou Mou had no more kool-aid left to give
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 7:59 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Lawls no ego problems rofl

Perez shows up sells everyone that was a Calderon signing against Pellegrini's wishes.

Signs Kaka to spite Calderon ( who had promised and ultimately failed to sign him during his reign)

Saint Iker the supposed embodiment of Real Madrid, trains the least among the group.

how do those examples qualify for ego problems within the locker room, those are ridiculous example and you are reaching out because you have no clue what you are talking about. Ramos has bravado, does that mean he doesnt work hard everyday and doesnt treat everyone the same in the locker room? no. Casillas trains just fine lol, no one questioned him when he won spain a WC, but his forms dip and now he doesnt train hard. more pathetic stuff.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 21, 2013 8:04 am

what is this ? i dont even..

Casillas was best GK in the world for long time with that training method lol so saying he trains less as a ''ego thing'' (its like making a whirl out of a wind) is pathetic to say the least..

Ramos predicting victory over Lyon is now the example of Madrid locker room ego problems (rofl rofl really? come on now Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue May 21, 2013 10:34 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

how do those examples qualify for ego problems within the locker room, those are ridiculous example and you are reaching out because you have no clue what you are talking about. Ramos has bravado, does that mean he doesnt work hard everyday and doesnt treat everyone the same in the locker room? no. Casillas trains just fine lol, no one questioned him when he won spain a WC, but his forms dip and now he doesnt train hard. more pathetic stuff.

So providing examples of players being egotistical are being refuted because it didn't happen in the locker room? You think the only relevant problems occur in the locker room?

And did you also forget that the manager also forms part of the locker room, so Iker and Ramos supposedly treat every player the same but not their coach, granted Mou acted like a douche and what he did to Iker was cold, but the situation escalated due to them both thinking what they are doing is right and justified.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
So providing examples of players being egotistical are being refuted because it didn't happen in the locker room? You think the only relevant problems occur in the locker room?

And did you also forget that the manager also forms part of the locker room, so Iker and Ramos supposedly treat every player the same but not their coach, granted Mou acted like a douche and what he did to Iker was cold, but the situation escalated due to them both thinking what they are doing is right and justified.

I think that bar perez who is absolutely garbage at team management, those examples arent that of players pulling their own ways to cause our demise. Casillas was doing his job and helping madrid, so was Ramos and even Perez gave his absolute support to Mourinho with little to 0 interference. so the idea that mourinho is failing because of players being primadonnas is a copout. Conflict occured when the players felt that the manager was letting them down and throwing them to the wolves whenever a bad situation would occur.

It was gradual, went on for 2 years and blew up in the last year. The situation escalated because what they were doing was right, that's their mission as captains of madrid, and because Mourinho never understood what kind of context he was in. He was never going to boss our locker room and make our players into puppets like he did at inter or chelsea. It's the manager's job to understand what kind of context he is working in so that he can better get his message across.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue May 21, 2013 1:03 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

I think that bar perez who is absolutely garbage at team management, those examples arent that of players pulling their own ways to cause our demise. Casillas was doing his job and helping madrid, so was Ramos and even Perez gave his absolute support to Mourinho with little to 0 interference. so the idea that mourinho is failing because of players being primadonnas is a copout. Conflict occured when the players felt that the manager was letting them down and throwing them to the wolves whenever a bad situation would occur.

It was gradual, went on for 2 years and blew up in the last year. The situation escalated because what they were doing was right, that's their mission as captains of madrid, and because Mourinho never understood what kind of context he was in. He was never going to boss our locker room and make our players into puppets like he did at inter or chelsea. It's the manager's job to understand what kind of context he is working in so that he can better get his message across.

Good post, i don't question who was the initial culprit as Mou clearly was antagonising some individual players.

Just felt that this mess was the result of both factions not trying to resolve matters in a professional manner. The squad got put into a position where some of them either had to choose sides or try to remain neutral.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelnana Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 pm

I wouldn't call it a complete failure but it was definitely sub par. He could have done more and he really antagonized the squad alot this time around. It's funny because I feel that his management style has been the same from chelsea to Inter to Real and the players at Inter and Chelsea really loved him. He must have failed in his judgement of Real players.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if Mourinho is finally going to settle down at Chelsea, because his management style seems very confrontational and ephemeral. He stayed 3 years at Chelsea and his 3rd year it seemed that his team was almost collapsing. Anyway it will be interesting to see Mourinho in a 4-5 year plan.

Last edited by michaelnana on Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

michaelnana
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.reflap.com/michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next