Chumlum
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:And as i write this, l'Equipe TV is reporting that PSG and Wenger have been discussing things since December... Wenger is considering the offer. Wow.

hmm

The end is here?

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm

It would be really a coward move, if we finish outside top 4 and Wenger simply leaves. My respect for him would drop by 50%
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:18 pm

He won't leave. Trust me

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:He won't leave. Trust me

Thumbs up
AW too Good for small club such as that :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:22 pm

Well L'Equipe TV has been wrong before.....

Not the same as their paper reporting stuff in my experience.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Well L'Equipe TV has been wrong before.....

Not the same as their paper reporting stuff in my experience.
The reporters are exactly the same. Same quality since it's the same staff. Anyhow, it's common knowledge in France that he's been talking to PSG for a while. His response has been that the job is someone else's and i won't look at it until it's available. Well now it's available. He knows this opportunity won't be there next summer since the other candidates are Klopp, Low and Rudi Garci, none of which will only last 1 year.

This is a lot more serious that you all think.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Just speaking from my experience Sports....

L'Equipe TV said in January that Remy was going to Dortmund/Schalke when in reality that was never really happening.

They also said that Gervinho had joined Newcastle a week or so before he joined Arsenal lol.

If i do a bit of research i could probably find more lol, they may have the same reporters but i find the paper to be a lot more reliable and less open for rumour.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:It would be really a coward move, if we finish outside top 4 and Wenger simply leaves. My respect for him would drop by 50%
I'd actually be happy.
Not the finishing outside top 4 part, but the him leaving part.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Wenger has said that he will only consider his position at Arsenal if he feels he is no longer able to do the job to the best of his ability. PSG, I'm sure, will be massively tempting for him, but equally, he's does have a good thing going on at Arsenal; we're just final push away from reaping the benefits of years of hard work and patience.

You could say that Wenger may feel that he's laid a foundation for a new manager to deliver that final push, but I like to think Wenger still has the desire and motivation to be the one to do that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:44 pm

No. They said that Remy was the most interested in Dortmund or Schalke. But offers never materialized. Gameiro and Remy were both being pursued by those two just in case they sold Lewandowski and Huntelaar. When those two players were kept, it never materialized. The reporting was correct.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:18 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wenger has said that he will only consider his position at Arsenal if he feels he is no longer able to do the job to the best of his ability. PSG, I'm sure, will be massively tempting for him, but equally, he's does have a good thing going on at Arsenal; we're just final push away from reaping the benefits of years of hard work and patience.

You could say that Wenger may feel that he's laid a foundation for a new manager to deliver that final push, but I like to think Wenger still has the desire and motivation to be the one to do that.
This. I expect him to come out in the next couple of days and completely debunk the rumour as he usually does. Maybe he could go, but even then he would likely only do it if he knew we would be in good hands, and if Wenger goes who are we going to replace him with exactly? I could say some names I would like but I'm not sure any of them would be likely.

If Arsene goes, I expect him to give about a season's notice so everybody is prepared for it.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:32 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wenger has said that he will only consider his position at Arsenal if he feels he is no longer able to do the job to the best of his ability. PSG, I'm sure, will be massively tempting for him, but equally, he's does have a good thing going on at Arsenal; we're just final push away from reaping the benefits of years of hard work and patience.

So do you think that this could happen if, Stan and the Board forced him to actually go out and buy WC players instead of the top top top quality average players.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:37 pm

6unner wrote:

So do you think that this could happen if, Stan and the Board forced him to actually go out and buy WC players instead of the top top top quality average players.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Two reason i thought this deal with PSG is not happening (i mean discussing his future now) is
1. Wenger will never discuss his future while the season is still on (he is too noble and honorable to do that)
2. He has a record of not breaking his contract before
Note the second reason may not hold in the summer because records are meant to be broken.
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Barça Vice-President Josep Maria Bartomeu tells Catalunya Radio that Victor Valdés will be at the club next season http://bit.ly/11qnyNl

--------

VV isn't leaving Barcelona until next summer. Can rule him out joining us this summer now. Assume Adler is the no.1 choice.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Barça Vice-President Josep Maria Bartomeu tells Catalunya Radio that Victor Valdés will be at the club next season http://bit.ly/11qnyNl

--------

VV isn't leaving Barcelona until next summer. Can rule him out joining us this summer now. Assume Adler is the no.1 choice.
Thank god cheers
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Apparently we're currently in negotiations for a striker and goalkeeper according to @DeanLDN22
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Jovetic and Adler ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:34 am

Hmm seems Seb Rode transfer to Bayern is done as well
Arsene Hurry up b4 they sign the whole Bundesliga Clubber
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:14 am

I would take Jovetic and Adler any day of the week. That damned steel in the midfield is still required imo though.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
RealGunner wrote:We need to show similar intent with a CB as well

Gonalons
Adler
Jovetic sounds amazing. Too good to be true.

But a CB as i am sure Arsene knows as well is equally as important

I really would like us to sign a young promising centre back but that can already do a good job as 3rd choice, our very own Varane, Marquinhos or Nastasic.

So if Carlo stays at PSG we should have a serious look at Sakho who will definitely ask for a transfer if Ancelotti stays at PSG.

Indi (Feyenoord) and Ginter (Freiburg) are two other options I would look at if we can't get Sakho (Our scouts already watch Ginter all the time)

Look no further than Eric Dier, quality player who I've seen play at Sporting. He's gotten 14 appearances with a goal and 3 assists to his name. Also the added benefit of being British without the over-hyped price tag

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2295399/Eric-Dier-English-player-shining-Sporting-Lisbon--INTERVIEW.html

Though to be honest if you're keeping Vermaelen, which is likely, you could really do with a top quality CB that actually supplements him (only Kos can really play with him). Someone with sweeping qualities, such as Ezequiel Garay, who has good pace, anticipation and positioning, and who can play the ball, would be very useful at the right price. A signing like his would come just at the right time having enjoyed the best form of his career thus far.
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Wow i have never heard of Eric Dier Shocked
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:09 pm

More interesting news: René Adler says he is "honoured" to be linked with Arsenal... http://bit.ly/11rVtFj
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Dier's a Man Utd supporter, isn't he?

Not that it necessarily means much, but ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:29 pm

yep
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Time to raid Newcastle players ? Razz I am kidding. I dont know why they are in the position that hat they are in right now. Surely, its got to do with motivation right? A player like Hatem Ben Arfa could walk into our starting 11 I think. (Or most other teams in the top 6)
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next