messixaviesta
Onyx
Brady2Moss
sportsczy
BarcaLearning
34 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What should be our plan forward now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by free_cat Sat May 04, 2013 12:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He has 9 goals according to transfermarkt across 2565 minutes (the equivalent of 28.5 games). So a goal per every 3 games which is something akin to what Alexis had before we signed him, not to mention his very good record on the league.

In any case no way he comes to us, but I would take him no doubt.

Cool, if the comparison is Alexis, more reason to not sign him.
I like Higuain, but his everflopping in CL is alarming.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

What should be our plan forward now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What should be our plan forward now?

Post by BarcaKizz Sat May 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Well the difference is he's a goal-machine at international and league level... So he's not like Alexis at all.

His off-ball play is superb too IMO.

Maybe he wouldn't be cut price at all though. I just think he'd definitely be an upgrade on Villa and Alexis. I'd like a proper goalscorer if we lose Villa, I thought he'd be a lot cheaper than other guys.

Of course, I'm aware its extremely unlikely...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat May 04, 2013 6:59 pm

So, what do we do, we buy Higuain only to play vs. small teams in the league? Because vs. Big teams or in the Champions League has has an embarrasing record. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Our second striker should be a young player who would not mind being a bench player. Higgy wont leave Madrid to be a bench player at another club he wants to start.
We will stick to our formation of 4-3-3 with nerman and a RW.. if we face a team that parks the buss we need a second striker preferably a tall one and preferably a youth player who can prove himself to us over time and wouldn't mind the lack of minutes.. that or get Chichadorito.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 05, 2013 5:32 am

free_cat wrote:So, what do we do, we buy Higuain only to play vs. small teams in the league? Because vs. Big teams or in the Champions League has has an embarrasing record. Very Happy

Well our record with good signings is normally that we breathe life into them and they improve aspects of their game. Higuain can do it in big games, he's shown it in the World Cup and for Argentina. I don't think Madrid ever got the best out of him.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 05, 2013 10:50 am

free_cat wrote:

Toni Freixa, Barça's spokesman, said a week ago that "Tito Vilanova is beating Guardiola in all comparisons, even the human aspect", implying that Tito is a better coach and a better person. If that's not a veiled attack to Guardiola...

Also, the board has strong connections with two newspapers and a radio that have several journalists and "pundits" who regularly criticize and mock Guardiola, mostly because he left us and signed for Bayern and for his signings.

Here, the link to the news:
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/138/spain/2013/04/19/3915550/vilanova-wins-all-the-comparisons-with-guardiola-says

It was 2 weeks ago.

SIMPLY PATHETIC AND SHAMEFUL

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Speaking of taking Real Madrid players...

Gonzalo Higuain is leaving. Should be at a cut price compared to other touted names like Lewandowski, Suarez and Aguero who have been said could replace Villa.

Would Madrid sell him to us? Would you take him?

Always liked him and he works well with Leo.

kizz, nice thoughts and agree with everything but there is one point I can't ignore. Higuain is possibly the most definitive big match flop in the game today, even ahead of Ibrahimovic and anyone else you can think of.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
free_cat wrote:So, what do we do, we buy Higuain only to play vs. small teams in the league? Because vs. Big teams or in the Champions League has has an embarrasing record. Very Happy

Well our record with good signings is normally that we breathe life into them and they improve aspects of their game. Higuain can do it in big games, he's shown it in the World Cup and for Argentina. I don't think Madrid ever got the best out of him.

kizz, even in the world cup, Higuain blitzed the earlier matches and flopped when he was most needed. In that 4-0 against Germany, Argentina could have had a goal to make it 1-1 from where it could have been a different game but for Higuain.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 am

I know, I know. I meant solely if he was at cut-price, as in 15m, and also like I said, the players that excel with us, improve after joining. Maybe thats the element of his game thats worth improving since other raw tools suit our needs.

Anyway, I was searching for opinions. Obviously most are negative... its inconsequential since we won't get him, just like Varane.

As for big-spending, I'd rather not spend big on anyone but Neymar (because its happening already, and whether people are against it or with it, its in the pipeline).

Yeah, I'd spend pretty big to get Thiago Silva, but price isn't the stumbling block there. If we can convince him to leave, PSG would probably accept 30-35m bid. However, he'd have to take a pay-cut and would have to somewhat force his leave.

Hummels apparently could be 25m. I wouldn't want to be paying too much more for him or another defender.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Hummels or Kompany? Which would you guys be happier with in theory?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 05, 2013 7:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hummels or Kompany? Which would you guys be happier with in theory?
The Franchise wrote:Hummels or Kompany? Which would you guys be happier with in theory?

Tough choice but maybe Kompany. He is more athletic and his leadership qualities could help since as we all know we miss Puyol a lot.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 06, 2013 7:26 am

I havent watched Hummels enough to judge, but Kompany isnt perfect despite his strong qualities. It seems both have their strength and weaknesses, as someone mentioned, Hummel's pace is the thing Im worried about, apart from that hes the better choice to suit us I think.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 am

Higuain's World Cup performances, as jd mentioned, only go to emphasize that he thrives on getting cheap goals and looking great against weak opposition. As soon as the going gets tough, you need players who aren't entirely dependent upon the strong performances of others. The problem with Barcelona this year has been that too many times, when big performances were required, the forwards looked like passengers. Higuain will continue to tear up La Liga, however when push comes to shove in Europe, he's never going to make something for himself.

Also I'd chase Hummels over Kompany if I were you guys. Quite unimpressed by Kompany when faced with top opposition. That Hummels has made mistakes in so many high profile games is concerning - Italy on several occasions, Shakhtar, Real Madrid and others - however Hummels is one who looks entirely comfortable then suddenly suffers a lapse. Kompany simply never looks settled. Factoring in Hummels age and his reading of the game, I'd chase the superior player regardless of concerns over his ability to work with Pique.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon May 06, 2013 11:49 am

We should get or atleast consinder getting Mamadou Sakho, i think he can compliment Pique nicely. He's got good physique, solid defending, good leap and is a pretty good tackler. Since Carlo will be staying for another season or 2 (i think.. based on rumours) Sakho will propably leave. He wouldnt cost an arm and a leg since he's only got 1 year left on his contract. Also he is quite young 23.

Are there any other poster in this section that has watched a fair bit of Sakho? More input would be greatly appreciated.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 06, 2013 11:51 am

If we played a deep defensive line, like Bayern or Borussia, I would be happy with Hummels. But with our current setup I don't think he can cope.
We could buy him however and play deeper, maybe we should change our defensive style, because it just doesn't work anymore.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon May 06, 2013 2:34 pm

is it possible to get casillas?? If Mou stays, i think its surely possible as Mou will not play Casillas any more in his team. But Mou is leaving and prob Casillas will get back his status. but dont you think he has been insulted enough to leave?

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah we're not going to sell Iker to you guys. Even if we were going to sell him it would be to England or something like that.

Fair enough you guys talk about signing Varane (lol) but you have to understand Ramos/Iker are off limits.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 06, 2013 3:34 pm

I don't think the defensive line is a problem. The pressing just needs to better like it was under Pep. Also better defenders are needed.

Last season Barca conceded around 6 shots a game on average I think. This season it's 9.1 shots conceded.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think the defensive line is a problem. The pressing just needs to better like it was under Pep. Also better defenders are needed.

Last season Barca conceded around 6 shots a game on average I think. This season it's 9.1 shots conceded.

Last season Xavi and Iniesta weren't run into the ground, Thiago played more (often defensively) and we had the option of Keita (yes, I said it). Can't help but feel our midfield has been a big part of our defensive issues.

As Pep said, your best defenders are your attackers. Defence starts from the front.

Just a thought.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2013 4:00 pm

Z wrote:Yeah we're not going to sell Iker to you guys. Even if we were going to sell him it would be to England or something like that.

Fair enough you guys talk about signing Varane (lol) but you have to understand Ramos/Iker are off limits.
I could do with Varane, but don't want any of Ramos or Iker, in any case the implied question is not "Will Madrid sell to us?" but "What is their release clause?"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 06, 2013 4:03 pm

Asking if Iker Casillas would play for Barca is like asking if Xavi would play for Madrid... Its an abomination.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 06, 2013 4:03 pm

Kizz wrote:Last season Xavi and Iniesta weren't run into the ground, Thiago played more (often defensively) and we had the option of Keita (yes, I said it). Can't help but feel our midfield has been a big part of our defensive issues.
It would be interesting if someone could compare the midfields started during the Tito era and the Roura/auto-management era. I think it is really the lack of rotation during that second half that plummeted our physical state now. In the past we always arrived to the end of the season in prime form.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 06, 2013 4:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Kizz wrote:Last season Xavi and Iniesta weren't run into the ground, Thiago played more (often defensively) and we had the option of Keita (yes, I said it). Can't help but feel our midfield has been a big part of our defensive issues.
It would be interesting if someone could compare the midfields started during the Tito era and the Roura/auto-management era. I think it is really the lack of rotation during that second half that plummeted our physical state now. In the past we always arrived to the end of the season in prime form.

I think its definitely a point.

I have a hunch Pep played Keita most at that time lol Laughing #SOSKeite
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 06, 2013 4:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Z wrote:Yeah we're not going to sell Iker to you guys. Even if we were going to sell him it would be to England or something like that.

I could do with Varane, but don't want any of Ramos or Iker, in any case the implied question is not "Will Madrid sell to us?" but "What is their release clause?"

Much more than what they're actually worth and way out of your budget. They are on life contracts.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon May 06, 2013 5:07 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Asking if Iker Casillas would play for Barca is like asking if Xavi would play for Madrid... Its an abomination.

best friends and cant play on the same team, star crossed besties Sad

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 am

I thought we were talking about the forward line scratch
All transfer rumours or ideas should go otherwise...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next