djfawnz
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juve require time and money Empty Juve require time and money

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has underlined that it will take time and money to triumph in the Champions League.

The Old Lady were knocked out of the competition at the quarter-final stage in midweek after a heavy 4-0 aggregate loss to Bayern Munich.

“The theory that Juventus fans will, for at least three or four years, have to just be content with winning in Italy is right,” the club official told Tuttosport.

“Let us not forget that we are at the beginning of a new cycle,” he added. “If you look at our squad from three years ago, there are just four of the old guard remaining – Gigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini, Paolo De Ceglie and Claudio Marchisio.

“Time is required for Juventus to return to its former glory.”

Marotta also underlined how important the economic aspect is when it comes to winning on the field of play.

“A lot has changed in terms of finances over the last 10 years,” he continued. “Italian clubs were once leaders in revenue, but now our game is much weaker.

“We’ve just finished our Champions League adventure and we’ve understood that we will need time and money to cut the gap between ourselves and the big European teams.

“But time is synonymous with work and self-sacrifice, exactly what boss Antonio Conte is doing.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juve require time and money Empty Re: Juve require time and money

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:52 pm

At least he's wanting to take us back to the top, my biggest fear was that we'd settle for a league winning team and stay at that level for a long time.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Ibracadabra is in advanced negotiations with us banana for some time the reports say that psgwants vidal but Marotta and Conte would only give Vidal up for Suarez. Ibra is offered max 7 mil salary as basic + 3 as bonuses if we win UCL or Scudeto Smile

The big nose is coming back I sense Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:38 pm

i dont think ibrah is coming back bro. thats for sure
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:20 pm

DEVI if this is true and we get Ibra i'm going to cry a little bit in public then send you some flowers Laughing

Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:50 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:DEVI if this is true and we get Ibra i'm going to cry a little bit in public then send you some flowers Laughing

Proud

it is
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:57 pm

You are my Ibra my only Ibra. You make me happpppyyyyyy when skies are grey, you'll never know Zlats how much I WUV YOU, Please don't take... My Zlatan away.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:12 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:You are my Ibra my only Ibra. You make me happpppyyyyyy when skies are grey, you'll never know Zlats how much I WUV YOU, Please don't take... My Zlatan away.

Laughing
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Its not unrealistic, he loves Italy.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:25 am

The real question is can ibra play with llorente?... i think not. but vucinic- ibra could work or sanchez - ibra would be genious Very Happy how ever i can't see these moves happening based on the previous dissapointments in the transfer market but i hope he comes!
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:23 am

--- Vucinic --- Llorente --- IBra

it can work
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:01 am

marottalad wrote:The real question is can ibra play with llorente?... i think not. but vucinic- ibra could work or sanchez - ibra would be genious Very Happy how ever i can't see these moves happening based on the previous dissapointments in the transfer market but i hope he comes!

Of course it can work. Ibra is a flexible striker that can play as a SS or a CF. I would actually argue that Ibra and Llorente is a better pairing than Vucinic and Ibra.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Ibra and Llorente... all i'm going to say is that if we get Ibra we'll at times have probably the tallest strike pairing in top level football. They're not target men but we need less low crossing and less short corners. We best exploit the combined 13 foot of man we would have upfront.

Man... Ibra - Llorente - Vucinic rotating.... that's a strike force not too far off of the good old days.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:49 pm

instead of Ibra....we better bring back immobile/pasquato/gabbiadini/boakye

we can't afford splashing the little money and a real pensioner. we didn't keep ADP and his salary was somewhere around 1m euro as i recall. (i mean he was bringing more money through shirts and marketing than he cost us)

for free and 3m salaty..ok...i'll take him back.

we should go for Jovetic-Muriel-Destro like players...or Higuain-Sanchez-Ayew
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:49 am

Not sure if Juve forum or Ibra fanboy forum Shocked scratch

Also in what parallel universe was Ibra ever a winger. Logic which defies human nature. If this logic is acceptable in this world then i don't want to live on this planet anymore :facepalm:

Spoiler:
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Adrian0911 wrote:instead of Ibra....we better bring back immobile/pasquato/gabbiadini/boakye

we can't afford splashing the little money and a real pensioner. we didn't keep ADP and his salary was somewhere around 1m euro as i recall. (i mean he was bringing more money through shirts and marketing than he cost us)

for free and 3m salaty..ok...i'll take him back.

we should go for Jovetic-Muriel-Destro like players...or Higuain-Sanchez-Ayew

Getting rid of ADP was not a financial decision. Also, recalling youth is all well and dandy on a football manager game but let's be realistic bro. Recalling any of our youth players probably wouldn't even upgrade our current Bench, nevermind take us to the level that an Ibra-esque player is at.

We're not going to bridge the gap in quality by being cheap, we've done so well to build a back line and midfield for a more than fair price but the top attackers are going to cost us real money. And we need to pay it, just on the attacking department.

Recalling a youth player that scores 10-15 goals a season in serie B is not going to help us in the CL is it? We've established dominance in serie A so we need to be looking to improve our starting XI. I'd rather our youth developed in a club where they get regular game time.

As for Muriel and Destro, again, we're throwing more money at players that 'MIGHT' be a top talent in 5 years time. We've got plenty of options for the future, we need to concentrate on the present and improve our squad. Or we're going to be stagnant and waiting until we develop a young player into a WC talent. Which is far too uncommon to build your hopes on.

And yes, I am indeed a big Ibra fan. But why wouldn't people get excited about a top striker arriving after years of mediocrity watching teams 6 places below us have more prolific strikers. Whether it be Ibra or another big name.

Like I have said plenty of times, we required mid-table serie A depth players to get back to the top. Now we don't need more average depth so spare money should not be thrown at an Atalanta scrub but thrown towards a player that would improve our starting XI.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Ibra would instantly elevate us to being true CL contenders. I would start him with Vucinuc, but with Vucinics constant injury problems, Llorente would still get plenty of time, plus he can be a super sub when Vucinic is fit. Bring in Ibra, Pasquato, Poli, and a true LWB like Criscito and we could conquer Europe in my opinion. Llorente too obviously.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:

Getting rid of ADP was not a financial decision. Also, recalling youth is all well and dandy on a football manager game but let's be realistic bro. Recalling any of our youth players probably wouldn't even upgrade our current Bench, nevermind take us to the level that an Ibra-esque player is at.

We're not going to bridge the gap in quality by being cheap, we've done so well to build a back line and midfield for a more than fair price but the top attackers are going to cost us real money. And we need to pay it, just on the attacking department.

Recalling a youth player that scores 10-15 goals a season in serie B is not going to help us in the CL is it? We've established dominance in serie A so we need to be looking to improve our starting XI. I'd rather our youth developed in a club where they get regular game time.

As for Muriel and Destro, again, we're throwing more money at players that 'MIGHT' be a top talent in 5 years time. We've got plenty of options for the future, we need to concentrate on the present and improve our squad. Or we're going to be stagnant and waiting until we develop a young player into a WC talent. Which is far too uncommon to build your hopes on.

And yes, I am indeed a big Ibra fan. But why wouldn't people get excited about a top striker arriving after years of mediocrity watching teams 6 places below us have more prolific strikers. Whether it be Ibra or another big name.

Like I have said plenty of times, we required mid-table serie A depth players to get back to the top. Now we don't need more average depth so spare money should not be thrown at an Atalanta scrub but thrown towards a player that would improve our starting XI.

my point wasn't that i want one of those back..but that i would prefer one of them back...rather than having Ibra back.
is clear that Juventus and italian teams in general don't have the power to spend big at all. most of the deals are loans, co-ownerships or payed through installments.
best case we have the power to make just one big money (25-30+) deal/season...but i think most realistic is once every 2 seasons
so what i see is that we have one shot on signing someone who can shrink the gap between us and the top 3 teams in the world.

i'm sorry if i don't wanna us to waste that shot on a 32-year old slow, moody and a prick striker..who does not share our team's mentality and is could disrupt dressing room atmosphere..not to mention his salary..that most likely will overpass that of Buffon (which is the biggest).

this top striker that must come has to be able to compete for the next 5 years at least.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:05 pm

say what you want about Ibra but he's levels above anything we've had in a long time.

And yes we do realistically have the funds for a BIG move every season or two but so far we've used that money on getting rotation players to help us win the league which is fine. But now we need Quality not quantity.

Let's say our budget is 40Million Euros. Not that much for a massive club, most of that has been made up from the CL alone. We could definitely get 20M worth by selling the likes of Quags or Matri, Giovinco, PDC etc.

Then we have 60M to play with. I would set aside 40 of that 60M and test the market. Here's some players who we could get or at least come close to getting for within 40M (Note I don't mean they all cost 40M, just between £0 and 40M)

Benzema, Higuain, Ibrahimovic, suarez, Jovetic, Aguero, Tevez, sanchez, Falcao (Unlikely but not impossible)

I reckon a few people here could chip in with a few big names for within 40M

Any of those strikers would help us compete at the highest level and even make the goal burden in serie A lighter. Then we have 20M left as a minimum.

We take 10 of that 20M and we try and sign a very good left-back. Perhaps Criscito. That gives us 10M to find a back-up / replacement for Pirlo. This player would ideally be young.

I'm assuming we have money put aside to buy Asamoah outright. As forIsla, I am not bothered either way.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:41 pm

hmm where is ur Nazio game thread
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Good point i'm going to make it now.

Never optimistic playing against Lazio though. They do nothing and score from a cross every single time. Like the last 4 times ffs Laughing

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:45 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:say what you want about Ibra but he's levels above anything we've had in a long time.

And yes we do realistically have the funds for a BIG move every season or two but so far we've used that money on getting rotation players to help us win the league which is fine. But now we need Quality not quantity.

Let's say our budget is 40Million Euros. Not that much for a massive club, most of that has been made up from the CL alone. We could definitely get 20M worth by selling the likes of Quags or Matri, Giovinco, PDC etc.

Then we have 60M to play with. I would set aside 40 of that 60M and test the market. Here's some players who we could get or at least come close to getting for within 40M (Note I don't mean they all cost 40M, just between £0 and 40M)

Benzema, Higuain, Ibrahimovic, suarez, Jovetic, Aguero, Tevez, sanchez, Falcao (Unlikely but not impossible)

I reckon a few people here could chip in with a few big names for within 40M

Any of those strikers would help us compete at the highest level and even make the goal burden in serie A lighter. Then we have 20M left as a minimum.

We take 10 of that 20M and we try and sign a very good left-back. Perhaps Criscito. That gives us 10M to find a back-up / replacement for Pirlo. This player would ideally be young.

I'm assuming we have money put aside to buy Asamoah outright. As forIsla, I am not bothered either way.

i agree with every thing you said here.
i just don't think Ibra should be our solution.
not because I don't reckon his abilities...but because in my opinion he would be a bad investment...and an expensive one..and one that would make our board settle for this temporary solution...and stop searching for a real one.
plus...remember last year's milan? how they were Ibra dependent? when Ibra didn't play they were clueless...i just don't want us to become like that. i don't want his personality draw our players attention to seek him for answers and stop giving their hearts on the field.

if he would come for free..and at vidal's salary...sure...the more the better.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Fair enough, I know people don't like him but in my opinion we wouldn't become Ibra dependant. If you notice, Milan had a terrible midfield that got shown up by the likes of Tottenham. They had no creativity whatsoever and when Ibra was out you had a mid-table midfield supplying Robinho or Pato or whoever else was fit enough.

Yeah if we bought him and he was injured we would look worse because he is THAT good compared to Matri, Quag etc but I doubt we would be headless chickens without him.

MVP and Vucinic can make things happen. But Ambrosini, Nocerino etc are hopeless at creating.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Ibrahimovic is not going anywhere. Leonardo said that he would only listen to conversations about Ibra if the offer was over 80 million lol. It's his way of saying that he is going nowhere.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:44 pm

You underestimate the power of Ibras fat agent. And if I had a penny for every time a director said something like that only for the player to go within two seasons I'd have a bigger transfer budget than Inter Milan.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: