Tomwin Lannister
Luca
ali_a_dbouk
11 posters

Go down

Juventus Assessment - 2012/13 Empty Juventus Assessment - 2012/13

Post by ali_a_dbouk Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Marrotta should be sacked.

Now Hold on and before all the bashing begins, please read my thoughts and takes on this phrase.

i believe everyone should be assessed on his achievements against his resources . Now when you look at Marrottas achievements at Juve for the past 3 years , we have spent well more than 130 M euros on players that arent of worth and doesnt fit our tactical system. The past year alone we spent 54m EU on players that had no effect at all on this year's scudetto players like ISLA Padion Gio*. It is true that under Marrotta's era Juventus retained our beloved scudetto but that cam after wasting loads of money and wrong decisions.

Giving the man the credit he deserves, there are three deals that Marrotta overachieved in the past 3 years: Pogba, Vidal and Licht. now these 3 players cost Juve around 25m EU and over the past three years we've spent around 130m so we wasted around 105m EU!!!

For all those who consider Pirlo marrottas best achievement i beg to differ. Pirlo is without doubt one of the best players throughout history. Now we got pirlo on a free transfer is that really something ? dont you think any Manager would have done the same? i bet money that if Milan wanted to sell pirlo for 10m EU at that time marrotta would have negotiated by 5 and in the end he will end up in PSG.

PS: lets not forget thatwe lost Verratti four 2,3m and Jovetic for negotiation stubbornness and many other.

ali_a_dbouk
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus Assessment - 2012/13 Empty Re: Juventus Assessment - 2012/13

Post by Luca Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:41 pm

This team is Marotta. He's not flawless but he's made many intelligent deals. He, along with Conte, has made this team a force. Not the finished project yet but a massive improvement from just two seasons ago.

He took an aging team relying on talents of the Old Guard. A team filled with awful contracts and cleared them out. He made a great policy to follow and this team has been more exciting and competitive as a result.

Marotta's deal expires in June, whether he'll return or not remains to be seen. Looking at him as the scapegoat seems idiotic. Are Juventus on Bayern, Barca or Real's level? No, but their success didn't happen overnight and it's silly to think that Juventus' first run at the Champions League since 2009 (and let me remind everyone if they forgot, they got annihilated that year), was going to result in the trophy.

These things take time. Should a top striker have been signed? Absolutely. But this squad is strong and healthy for the first time in years and that's attributed to the success of Marotta.

Marotta had to spend on quantity rather than quality because the team needed a complete do-over. His impact cannot be overlooked on this team. I agree that everyone should be assessed, including him but I find it unrealistic to peg Juventus' shortcomings on him. He's done a brilliant job.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ali_a_dbouk Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm

i would have to agree with you on Conte's influence on the team. But Dont you think any Manager would have acheived what marrotta did? i mean spending all this on quantity will definitely produce a couple of quality players.
again am not saying this after we lost to bayern that has nothing to do with my opinion. My opinion is based on that we have paid a total of 54m EU this year and we actually used only around 10m of them the rest where a waste of investments

ali_a_dbouk
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:14 pm

No, because all you have to do is rewind a few years and look at what happened in transfers.

Diego, Amauri, Iaquinta, Tiago, Melo... we could continue but I think you get the idea.

Marotta is by no means perfect and has made excess transfers but you have to give credit where its due

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 pm

I'd definitely Keep Marotta for another season because he's made some great transfers without going overboard. You need to also remember that he's signed plenty of young talents across the Country which we won't even begin to see benefits from for a long time.

That being said, it's a fair point that he's signed plenty of players which add very little to the team and the money could have been used for a player that would improve our starting XI. I don't think we've actually bought a single player that's confidently improved our starting XI from last season. That was a mistake. Asamoah would have been that player had he not been ruined by the AFCON.

I said in the general section now that we've purchased enough depth like Padoin and Peluso, we are set for rotation in the league. Marotta has to stop those types of signings now because any more £5M depth players will just be a waste of money that we apparantly don't have a lot of. We needed the depth players because Conte inherited a pretty awful team. Which means as well as building a better starting XI, we needed a competant bench.

We should in reality now be focused on getting players to elevate our team. If Marotta passes up opportunities to do so next season, then we should part ways. But so far I'm going to say he's been an 8/10. Perhaps even a 9/10 depending on Llorente's impact and if we can adress our Vice-Pirlo and Left-back problem.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:21 pm

Barzagli
Pirlo
Vidal
Pogba
Lichsteiner
Asamoah
Storari
Vucinic
Caceres
Bonucci

to some extent, Giach, Quagli and Matri

you call that for a sacking? LOL. My goodness.....
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 am

let's see how he handles this transfer market.... if he has the funds to sign a big player but can't get them due to it being " to hard" or " competition" i wouldn't buy that excuse and he should be let go. but if the board doesn't give him the funds he needs to bring in quality he can only work with that he's got
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:38 am

I'll see you guys when he finishes the Ibra negotiations ( oh and yea we are in negotiations for him again after Nedved and Raiola worked the magic again. Watch him join in the summer
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:16 am

Not maybe this topic, but still related.

The reasons I think Juve lost to Bayern

1) No strikers. When Juve got the ball wide into crossing positions and crosses neither Vucinic or Quaq were in positon. Also, the level of strikers compared to opposition is terrbile. Good enough for Serie A, but not for CL. Llorente is not the answer. I predict he will flop. Not a CL level player. (though manzugitc is not either).

2) Tactical system, ability. Juve were torn apart from the wings in the first game. And did you think that they would learn anything from it? No.. Same old story again. 3-5-2 is useless against teams like Bayern. Pilro was under pressure, lost the ball many times - but the same stroy went on and on..

3) Which brings me to my next point. Conte is too stubborn. Sticks with hes tacitcs which were wrong and totally dominated. Didnt change a thing. Also, maybe hes just a big pussy who doesnt dare to take risks. And when loses compliments the opposition and says still "we played well". That not the attitude or passion Juve needed.

4) Ref was a little biased. The foul that led to the first foul was soft. Manzukitc went down easier than my grandmother, and shes in a wheelchair.

5) Then we get to this topic. Spending 40 mil on 4-5 "good" players rather than on one really great..yeah right. Great players lift teams. Remember when Milan signed Ibra from Barca and it changed everything and made a crappy team win the Scudetto. Or aqucition of Hernanes made Lazio immediately a force to be rekon with?

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:59 pm

We had an excellent season no doubt. About to win Serie A, quarter-finalist in CL, and semi-finalist in Coppa Nazionale is something to be proud of and we can build on it for the next season.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm

To be honest i was a bit dissapointed...the previous year we spent more than 100 mln but we still don't have that wc striker and Marotta is complain that no italian team can buy a wc striker...Milan bought Balo for 20 mln and we bought Matri for 15?
100 mln are not few money but Matri for 15,Martinez 12 and Balo for 20 is a joke to compare those players.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:49 pm

I think we had a great season. We shouldnt have expected ourselves to win the CL in our first year back. We're still not a finished product. The only real regret we can have is going out to Bayern by such a bad scoreline (0-4 on aggregate). No shame ingl going out to a team of that quality, just the scoreline is what hurts. But other than that, i think we hve had a great season. About to win the Scudetto, got the semis of the Coppa, our signings have for the kost part gone well, weve gotten CL experience, and we have a bright future with bright young talents and a great coach. Im very proud of qhat we have accomplished.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 am

I think we have players that are better than the price we paid for such as: STORARI, CACERES, BARZAGLI, BONNUCI, LINSHTAINER, VIDAL, PIRLO, POGBA, LORENTE...

and we also have magical youngsters who are better than the price we paid for such as: SORENSEN...

and honestly we cannot consider all the strikers flops because VUCINIC and QUAGLIARELA are really good for bench if we want to win Champions League next season and you cannot bring players like them without spending the money we did...

I agree that MAROTTA made some mistakes but most of the players are exactly worth of the price we paid for or even better than what we paid for...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:06 am

juvealbanian wrote:To be honest i was a bit dissapointed...the previous year we spent more than 100 mln but we still don't have that wc striker and Marotta is complain that no italian team can buy a wc striker...Milan bought Balo for 20 mln and we bought Matri for 15?
100 mln are not few money but Matri for 15,Martinez 12 and Balo for 20 is a joke to compare those players.

don't forget that AC MILAN never tried to build a team they only fish for lucky transfers such as: IBRAHIMOVIC, CASSANO, BALOTELLI, BEKCHAM, BOMMEL,

but if you ask AC MILAN fans they would prefer if their club spent money on young players like JUVENTUS did, because that is not how you build a team capable to compete with a strong side like JUVENTUS...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:10 am

lucianomoggi wrote:
juvealbanian wrote:To be honest i was a bit dissapointed...the previous year we spent more than 100 mln but we still don't have that wc striker and Marotta is complain that no italian team can buy a wc striker...Milan bought Balo for 20 mln and we bought Matri for 15?

don't forget that AC MILAN never tried to build a team they only fish for lucky transfers such as: IBRAHIMOVIC, CASSANO, BALOTELLI, BEKCHAM, BOMMEL,

but if you ask AC MILAN fans they would prefer if their club spent money on young players like JUVENTUS did, because that is not how you build a team capable to compete with a strong side like JUVENTUS...

It's better to build from the back to the top. but non oil/arab owned clubs don't have 400 million spread over 1-2 seasons to do it with. they have a limited budget we haveto have a little bit of luck on our side and be very smart about our transfers. We are almost but not quite at that stage of pulling off the big names, but in saying that it's not IMPOSSIBLE to get a big name in this summer.
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum