VivaStPauli
Dnmac4
the xcx
futbol
Gil
34 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not

Post by Donuts Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:24 pm

are we really here comparing Christiano Ronaldo, and Andres Iniesta with goals... and people trying to say that makes sense but then when we bring up their precious Zidane's stats compared to someone like Lampard, it doesn't apply anymore??
:brickwall:

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:44 pm

harhar11 wrote:
likeastar wrote:So Ronaldo is only better than Iniesta at scoring ?

Basically.

The only things that Ronaldo is better at than Iniesta, that isn't based on him scoring a goal, is his speed and strength. Everything else is based on him scoring a goal(freekicks, headers and shooting) while Iniesta is a better passer, better dribbler, better first touch, better balance, can dictate a game, better defender(Iniesta is one of the players that intercept the ball the most in Barca)etc

You act like ronaldo's qualities are a small thing Rolling Eyes

All iniesta is better at is passing and close control.. see what I did?

Their first touches are actually just as good.

Ronaldo gets into scoring positions much better as well..
Fact is they both have their qualities and I think they are on par. However the way you said it is pure fanboyism. Scoring goals is no easy thing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 pm

If Iniesta is on Ronaldo's level, how comes that he couldn't do nothing for Barca vs PSG until Messi came on ? Ronaldo is always making the difference for Madrid.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Ronaldo makes a big difference, if I could come up with a number of a difference I'd say 13.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:20 pm

likeastar wrote:If Iniesta is on Ronaldo's level, how comes that he couldn't do nothing for Barca vs PSG until Messi came on ? Ronaldo is always making the difference for Madrid.

Ronaldo has scored 1 goal in 5 games in the World Cup qualifiers against the likes of Israel, Northern Ireland, Luxemburg, Azerbaidjan and Russia and is sitting in 3th place in that piss poor group. Why can't he make the difference for Portugal then? I'll tell you why. Because he isn't the difference maker for Madrid as you claim he is. He's merely capitalizing on his teammates plays at Madrid. Benzema and Di Maria are creating space for him, Özil is serving passes on a platter for him. It's a team effort. Ronaldo is not the sole reason for Madrid's dominance otherwise he would dominate the same way for Portugal. He is just getting at the end of things. Now this leads me to this question: If Ronaldo needs other players, which aren't primarily goalscorers but do other things on the pitch, to perform at his very best, why do we make fun of players like Iniesta who is exactly that kind of player. Just because he doesn't score himself?

People act like teams without Messi or Ronaldo couldn't even exist. I wonder how Bayern are so dominant and managed to outplay Madrid last season without having Messi or Ronaldo kind of players. I guess Robben, Müller and Javi Martinez are just so much better than any other wingers and midfielders in the world then to make up for the abscence of Messi and Ronaldo. Rolling Eyes

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 pm

aint nothing like making the second best player in world, out to be nothing but an average player with good shooting, he will never be good at passing,dribbling or impact, he just keeps getting lucky i guess, i mean that how most make him out to be
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 pm

chad4401 wrote:aint nothing like making the second best player in world, out to be nothing but an average player with good shooting, he will never be good at passing,dribbling or impact, he just keeps getting lucky i guess, i mean that how most make him out to be

It's not a crime to be a worse passer or dribbler than Iniesta. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 pm

futbol wrote:
likeastar wrote:If Iniesta is on Ronaldo's level, how comes that he couldn't do nothing for Barca vs PSG until Messi came on ? Ronaldo is always making the difference for Madrid.

Ronaldo has scored 1 goal in 5 games in the World Cup qualifiers against the likes of Israel, Northern Ireland, Luxemburg, Azerbaidjan and Russia and is sitting in 3th place in that piss poor group. Why can't he make the difference for Portugal then? I'll tell you why. Because he isn't the difference maker for Madrid as you claim he is. He's merely capitalizing on his teammates plays at Madrid. Benzema and Di Maria are creating space for him, Özil is serving passes on a platter for him. It's a team effort. Ronaldo is not the sole reason for Madrid's dominance otherwise he would dominate the same way for Portugal. He is just getting at the end of things. Now this leads me to this question: If Ronaldo needs other players, which aren't primarily goalscorers but do other things on the pitch, to perform at his very best, why do we make fun of players like Iniesta who is exactly that kind of player. Just because he doesn't score himself?

People act like teams without Messi or Ronaldo couldn't even exist. I wonder how Bayern are so dominant and managed to outplay Madrid last season without having Messi or Ronaldo kind of players. I guess Robben, Müller and Javi Martinez are just so much better than any other wingers and midfielders in the world then to make up for the abscence of Messi and Ronaldo. Rolling Eyes

Have you seen him in the Euros ? Was Iniesta better than him ? He carried Portugal to the semifinal, lost at penalties. He is the only Portugal WC player out there, and you have only 2 players that aren't WC in Spain's team, Arbeloa and Alba.

Even Maradona, probably Messi biggest fan, said this :

"In the form he is in, given the chance, he will score. Cristiano wants to bring his team to the final and show why he should be considered the best player in the world."
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:20 am

Let's not rewrite history. He didn't carry Portugal at any point. More like Portugal carried him. Here are some of his choke moments.

Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not - Page 3 Di-CQKB

Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not - Page 3 Di-64QM

If Varela doesn't score in the last minute Portugal possibly go out in the group stages and Ronaldo will look like a clown. He had 1 good performance against the worst team in the tournament who are rebuilding ever since under a new manager and that's it. Tell me how he carried Portugal. They lost against Germany, he completely choked against Denmark and didn't do anything against Spain (0 shots on target, couple of ballooned freekicks and he completely messed up a promising counterattack towards the 90 minute mark). That's 3 out of 5 games where he did nothing special. Laughing The same amount of games in which Iniesta was chosen MOTM. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:44 am

He was portugals best player vs spain.. tf were you watching? He provided some fantastic balls only for his teammates to fluff it.

Against czech and netherlands he WAS the best. Clutch goals. He also hit the post the most in the tournament, about 6 times. That's just unlucky

I think iniesta had a better euro but ronaldo did have his moments and can't be left out. His only real bad game was against denmark.. he literally was boxed out by germany
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 am

futbol wrote:Let's not rewrite history. He didn't carry Portugal at any point. More like Portugal carried him. Here are some of his choke moments.

Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not - Page 3 Di-CQKB

Iniesta is massively overrated whether you like it or not - Page 3 Di-64QM

If Varela doesn't score in the last minute Portugal possibly go out in the group stages and Ronaldo will look like a clown. He had 1 good performance against the worst team in the tournament who are rebuilding ever since under a new manager and that's it. Tell me how he carried Portugal. They lost against Germany, he completely choked against Denmark and didn't do anything against Spain (0 shots on target, couple of ballooned freekicks and he completely messed up a promising counterattack towards the 90 minute mark). That's 3 out of 5 games where he did nothing special. Laughing The same amount of games in which Iniesta was chosen MOTM. Laughing

owned
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:49 am

That's unfair to ronaldo.. he's had his moments only for you to point out the bad :facepalm: At least be objective
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:35 am

Have you seen him in the Euros ? Was Iniesta better than him ? He carried Portugal to the semifinal, lost at penalties. He is the only Portugal WC player out there, and you have only 2 players that aren't WC in Spain's team, Arbeloa and Alba.

Yes, Iniesta was better than him and I think Moutinho would beg to differ with you for the red part.

Moutinho was better than C.Ron the whole tournament for Portugal lol.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:35 am

wrong thread direction...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:11 pm

chad4401 wrote:aint nothing like making the second best player in world, out to be nothing but an average player with good shooting, he will never be good at passing,dribbling or impact, he just keeps getting lucky i guess, i mean that how most make him out to be

Yes, because we all know that if you aint a better dribbler and passer than Iniesta it means that you are an average player... Rolling Eyes

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
likeastar wrote:So Ronaldo is only better than Iniesta at scoring ?

Basically.

The only things that Ronaldo is better at than Iniesta, that isn't based on him scoring a goal, is his speed and strength. Everything else is based on him scoring a goal(freekicks, headers and shooting) while Iniesta is a better passer, better dribbler, better first touch, better balance, can dictate a game, better defender(Iniesta is one of the players that intercept the ball the most in Barca)etc

You act like ronaldo's qualities are a small thing Rolling Eyes

All iniesta is better at is passing and close control.. see what I did?

Their first touches are actually just as good.

Ronaldo gets into scoring positions much better as well..
Fact is they both have their qualities and I think they are on par. However the way you said it is pure fanboyism. Scoring goals is no easy thing

Yeah, getting into scoring positions was included when I said that he is a superior goalscorer...

lol at C.Ronaldo having as good of a first touch as Iniesta Laughing

And Iniesta obviously had a better Euro than C.Ronaldo, that's why he was named player of the tournament.. :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Iniesta's first touch is more artistic, just like Ozil's, but isn't much better than Ronaldo's.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Did i just read that Ronaldo has a better first touch than Iniesta ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:Did i just read that Ronaldo has a better first touch than Iniesta ?
... on fifa ;lucas;

he can have a pretty inconsistent touch at times

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:12 pm

I hope Iniesta improves on his finishing and obviously his final balls, the 2 most important factors and probably harddest to master Razz

I remember watching Messi back when we won the treble. That season he suddenly improved his shooting, b4 that season his goals were way lower. Various factors involved but I definitely remember his shooting and finishing improved so quickly and made the difference in the many games. I dont think Iniesta has much to improve, hes already a god at what he does, and he gets so many chances, imagine if he can convert just half or third of his chances, he will prove to be decisive result wise as well.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:32 am

Why is it so crazy to believe?

Lol, i have seen iniesta misplace touches just as much as ronaldo.. The difference is that ronaldo is in the attacking third and is usually under alot more pressure. Close control is another thing entirely.

Don't confuse the two..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:35 am

Iniesta is class, what the hell is this thread.

Now I agree he's maybe not Ronaldo level... but what the hell.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:33 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Why is it so crazy to believe?

Because we have eyes
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:37 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Why is it so crazy to believe?

Lol, i have seen iniesta misplace touches just as much as ronaldo.. The difference is that ronaldo is in the attacking third and is usually under alot more pressure. Close control is another thing entirely.

Don't confuse the two..

No one is confusing the two.

I am still shocked u actually believe that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:46 am

Ronaldo as good as first touch as Iniesta Laughing

Next we will hear Van Nistelrooy has a better first touch than Zidane Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:49 am

Van Nistelrooy's first touches were often goals smoking

Can't have a better first touch than that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next