Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

5 posters

Go down

Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title' Empty Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:00 am

Tuesday 5 July, 2011
Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Luciano Spalletti believes Roma deserve the 2006 Scudetto, now that Inter have also been dragged into the Calciopoli scandal.

The 2005-06 title was stripped from Juventus and handed to the Nerazzurri, who had finished third behind Milan.

“I think Roma deserved better at that time and did good work with me, before me and I hope will do in future,” declared Spalletti.

“It’s a shame for the Giallorossi fans, who did not reap the rewards of what they had sowed.”

Roma had finished the 2005-06 campaign in fifth place, but were bumped up to second due to the other teams docked points in the Calciopoli scandal.

Had Inter also been docked points or even demoted, Roma would’ve finished top of the table.

Spalletti was also named in the latest FIGC report for phone conversations with then-designator Paolo Bergamo when he was still at the helm of Udinese.

“I haven’t read the report, but that intercepted phone call was one I received and not a call I made, even if media snipers tried to imply it was.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn right!
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title' Empty Re: Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:16 am

Damn Inter ! I knew it all this time ! GIVE IT TO ROMA, ALL I CARE IS IF THEY DON'T HAVE IT !

Back to top Go down

Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title' Empty Re: Spalletti: 'Roma deserve Inter title'

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:25 am

And then who deserves the 2005? It should go down as a blank as it most likely will.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:09 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:And then who deserves the 2005? It should go down as a blank as it most likely will.

Agreed that it should go down as blank. But if Inter were awarded the scudetto because they were found to not be guilty back in 2006, now that they have been found guilty, shouldn't it be awarded to the next team in contention? It's simply a matter on consistency and although it's a crazy idea to award the scudetto to the fifth place team, it would simply be following the same procedure as the one during the original trial. If it was ok for Inter, then why not us?

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:30 am

Exactly, they should give it to Roma !

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:44 am

ErPupone wrote:If it was ok for Inter, then why not us?

Because the head of Roma is not Massimo Morrati. :coffee:
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:15 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/05/2561307/revealed-inter-will-almost-certainly-be-stripped-of-2006

flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 am

Personally, I prefer not to have scudetti we didn't win on the pitch.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Yeah until it gets revoked a couple of years later because of sporting fraud committed by Franco Sensi...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:57 pm

VibeTribe wrote:Yeah until it gets revoked a couple of years later because of sporting fraud committed by Franco Sensi...

One of the cleanest presidents in recent years. And he wasn't afraid to stand up to people like Galliani.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:21 am

Franco Sensi is someone who inspired me the most. His days back in the late 90's were just exceptional. He changed Roma around. I will never forget him, and I hope the new Stadium will be a clear indication for his memory.

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 am

sciacca wrote:Franco Sensi is someone who inspired me the most. His days back in the late 90's were just exceptional. He changed Roma around. I will never forget him, and I hope the new Stadium will be a clear indication for his memory.

Surely... sad that I was too young to appreciate those days more. He's been really missed.

And yes, very exceptional. He even fought for the lower league teams for TV rights during the early 2000's despite Roma being at the top of the table at the time. He gave up a lot and deserved a lot more.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 am

McLewis wrote:Personally, I prefer not to have scudetti we didn't win on the pitch.

This.

VibeTribe wrote:Yeah until it gets revoked a couple of years later because of sporting fraud committed by Franco Sensi...

Please don't disrespect the memory of a man much greater than you will ever be.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:17 pm

sciacca wrote:Franco Sensi is someone who inspired me the most. His days back in the late 90's were just exceptional. He changed Roma around. I will never forget him, and I hope the new Stadium will be a clear indication for his memory.

To add on to my other post:

Sensi: “Aoh, nun te ne annà, voglio parla con te. Io quando parlo dico le cose vere, io non sono mica uno stronzo. Impara a conoscermi. Ricordatelo, impara a conoscermi."
Prade': "Ci mettiamo di là un attimo?”
Galliani: “Io non mi metto con nessuno”.
Sensi: “Ma vaffa...”

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Please don't disrespect the memory of a man much greater than you will ever be.

Hypocrisy at it's best.It was a dig at FIGC,disrespecting a dead man is the last thing I would do.Unlike you,in Giacinto Facchetti thread.

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Haha sources being quoted are Inter.com. Inter.com is not saying that Faccheti is a crook? No fcuking way.

Brigate Rossonere wrote:
As for dishonoured a dead mans image, I do apologize although the image that he died with, the image of an honest man (at least of a football front) is a false one and I have every right to rectify it.

Like any of us even have a slightest clue what kind of man Giacinto was.And please,who are you to judge what kind of man am I or will be...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down