Paris Saint Germain v Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Post Match Analysis 1-0

4 posters

Go down

Paris Saint Germain v Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Post Match Analysis 1-0 Empty Paris Saint Germain v Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Post Match Analysis 1-0

Post by Arquitecto Fri 29 Mar 2013, 22:48

Despite the scoreline, it was easily one of Paris's best performances. Chances after chances were created, only shortly to be spoiled by some individual error or poor decision, which was plentiful in what was a game exciting to watch, but oh so frustrating.

Today Carlo had them on foot with a 4-3-3 with Pastore doing a horrendous job of playing wide, and Ibrahimobic stuck into a pure CF targetman role, to which did not suit him.

As a whole the play flowed well, chemistry was apparent yet in the final third it was horrendous with all the shot inaccuracies and poor decisions. Pastore was diabolically bad today. He is attempting to be the Ibra of the team with his languid, lackadaisical play infused with genius, but nowhere near the footballing IQ of Ibra. Zlatan himself was lazy and somewhat reckless but showed his crucial play from his chances created and a super-composed assist for Gamiero. PSG is far better without Pastore as you cannot have Pastore and Ibra together as it will NEVER work. Menez himself was poor as a whole, despite showing brilliant skill, he dwindled on the ball to much and was careless in the final third. Thiago Silva in particular was PERFECT/10/10 today, it was unreal. Verrati has unusually little influence in the game as on the ball he was brilliant, but did not demand enough of it. Beckham changed the game instantly with his wide to inside DLP role to provide some brilliant passes and was part of the play for the goal. Maxwell was awful. Gregory f**king Van der Weil does not deserved to be called a footballer. I was shocked at how incredibly bad he really is in defence and simple offensive decisions. Chantome worked well within the midfield yet interfered in areas where he should not proceed.

Special mention to Gamiero, whose goals/minutes ratio is excellent and he provides potent threats within the box, moves excellent, provides a even better outlet to Ibra (see how well these men play with each other) and deserves a spot over some not so deserving players. Better to stick Ibra back in his deeper position to supply a very intelligent and hard working Gamiero.

As a whole Paris dominated, passed well, countered narrow and used the wide areas perfectly to influx balls within the box to which were saved very well by Pionnier. It showed that brilliant players in certain areas can't change the fact that if you have inconsistent if not out of their wavelength players like Pastore, Maxwell and VdV, then chances of a once again consistent run is slim to none. Defence was well oiled and organized but final third chances in terms of being clinical must improve from the squad.

As a whole it was quite a fun match to view given both sides were aesthetically pleasing to watch. Carlo's subs did the trick, fantastic work.

I'll be 100% behind Paris on Tuesday. Lavezzi and Lucas' bench time for rest, paid off.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Paris Saint Germain v Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Post Match Analysis 1-0 Empty Re: Paris Saint Germain v Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Post Match Analysis 1-0

Post by Ganso Sat 30 Mar 2013, 00:02

game after game and i still have absolutely no idea what formation psg are playing.the team looks like a mess (at least to me) I thought the midfield was very very poor defensively and not compact at all which is why barcelona will roll past psg imo.I will be cheering for Paris but defensively, PSg have exactly the type of weakness Barca exploit.The only hope is that Lavezzi,Lucas and Ibra make a meal out of their defense and score at least 4 goals between the 2 legs.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Paris Saint Germain v Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Post Match Analysis 1-0 Empty Re: Paris Saint Germain v Montpellier Hérault Sport Club Post Match Analysis 1-0

Post by Arquitecto Sun 31 Mar 2013, 19:54

Ganso wrote:game after game and i still have absolutely no idea what formation psg are playing.the team looks like a mess (at least to me) I thought the midfield was very very poor defensively and not compact at all which is why barcelona will roll past psg imo.I will be cheering for Paris but defensively, PSg have exactly the type of weakness Barca exploit.The only hope is that Lavezzi,Lucas and Ibra make a meal out of their defense and score at least 4 goals between the 2 legs.

Carlo has been experimenting with so many formations and the players seem to confuse in their roles (hence many of the puzzling decisions of the players I believe) so I can understand your confusion, Regis.

Plus with rested players and what seemed to be a game taken less seriously (I know, bad mistake, typical Carlo), I see the more conventional PSG formation and systematic set-up against Barca. The fullbacks, are one problem to which never will be solved unless new ones are bought, and this will the key area which Barca will look to exploit. It will lead to them overcoming PSG.

Nonetheless, Paris have enough going for them to pull a surprise, they are a superior team to what Milan are at the moment.

I'll be behind them as you will.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 31 Mar 2013, 22:51

Barca in incapable of exploiting fullbacks, I wouldnt worry much about that Laughing

Perhaps if Tello plays they will get tested, but everyone else, they will be fine unless Alba or Dani Alves get forward and PSG inexplicably allow a 2 v 1.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue 02 Apr 2013, 14:15

Jallet and VDW are absolutely horrible though... Maxwell is looking worse and worse as well.

You don't need to take advantage of them actively... the fullbacks will force you to abuse them Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down