Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger?

+12
Real Kandahar
Doc
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
teamanarchy
Zealous
SuperMAG
Onyx
Error
FennecFox7
Mr Nick09
Cyborg
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger?

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:00 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Modric won't be able to shield the defense like Alonso, however we don't need to stick to the same system.

Currently we have the equivalent of a DM (Khedira) at CM as a B2B and a playmaker at DM. We could just swap them around so Modric (playmaker) is at CM and we get a DM to play DM.

Khedira isn't a DM lol he's a pure box to box player.

We're nnot going to change our whole style for one player. If Modric can't cut the mustard he'll have to compete with Ozil at AM.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger? - Page 3 Empty Re: Gundogan, Borja Valero, Sahin, Schweinsteiger?

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:18 am

I guess it depends on who's the manager as well. Since Mourinho's most likely leaving we may change system next year. Plus there'll be players coming and going.

Also I don't think we'd be completely changing our style. It'd still be a 4-2-3-1.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:00 am

Exactly so nothing changes. Modric will still have to learn how to play as part of a "2"

Khedira is an expert at it but Modric will still have to figure it out.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:21 am

Khedira should be benched, please.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:44 am

Zealous wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Modric won't be able to shield the defense like Alonso, however we don't need to stick to the same system.

Currently we have the equivalent of a DM (Khedira) at CM as a B2B and a playmaker at DM. We could just swap them around so Modric (playmaker) is at CM and we get a DM to play DM.

Khedira isn't a DM lol he's a pure box to box player.

We're nnot going to change our whole style for one player. If Modric can't cut the mustard he'll have to compete with Ozil at AM.

exactly.

and modric is way below ozil's quality when he plays in that position.

but the thing is even if alonso stays we will sign another midfielder in the summer.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:16 am

Khedira is a "more defensive b2b", in the mood of Vieira. He's by no way like you characterize him, like Gerrard for example.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:01 am

Viera and Khedira in the same sentence rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:35 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Khedira should be benched, please.

Who would you play instead of him?

When it comes to transition from attack to defence and vice versa he is a huge part of our system. I don't think many players could just walk in and do what he does.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Viera and Khedira in the same sentence rofl

What do you have against Khedira ? Or what don't you like about him ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 am

Because khedira isn't a midget la masia graduate that has close control

That's why nick doesn't like him
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Because khedira isn't a midget la masia graduate that has close control

one of the guys who say that Iniesta is as good as Ronaldo or that Ronaldo couldn't play in Barca ? oh ...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 pm

i have said many times that Khedira has played a lot better than Alonso this year btw lol, the reasons i dont appreciate players in his style have nothing to do with whether he is a good player or not. He simply doesnt fit my midfielder guide.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i have said many times that Khedira has played a lot better than Alonso this year btw lol, the reasons i dont appreciate players in his style have nothing to do with whether he is a good player or not. He simply doesnt fit my midfielder guide.

what's your midfielder guide ? no offense Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:54 pm

dont feel like writing long paragraphs, but whatever kind of midfield khedira is, doesnt fit in there. mids void of technical abilities and without ability to influence or change the outcome of a game, whether it is defensively or offensively, are of no interest to me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:00 pm

Khedira is a good B2B player, however if we want to play a better possession game, then Modric would be better suited to the CM position. Khedira can't do what playmakers can do.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:52 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Khedira is a good B2B player, however if we want to play a better possession game, then Modric would be better suited to the CM position. Khedira can't do what playmakers can do.

no one ever said khedira is a playmaker.

on this forum we like to say 'box to box' a lot but i dont know if you know what that means.

box to box is simply a player who can do everything in the midfield. a box to box player may not be the best at specific things, but has a wide range of qualities

for example khedira may not have the ability to pass the like a deep lying midfielder or run pass players like winger or slip a perfect through ball or score goals like a attacking midfielder or push player of the ball like a defensive mid. He may not be the best at these but he can do all of them. Thats why he is important to real madrid and germany.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:01 am

Originally I think Khedira was simply a defensive B2B to complement Alonso, however I think his attacking has improved over the years.

Although I don't think he's capable of being that player that dominates a midfield. I know that isn't his job, but I think having a playmaker at CM is better than having a B2B. It's not that Khedira isn't good enough, it's just having a playmaker at CM is an alternative option to having a B2B.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:20 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Originally I think Khedira was simply a defensive B2B to complement Alonso, however I think his attacking has improved over the years.

Although I don't think he's capable of being that player that dominates a midfield. I know that isn't his job, but I think having a playmaker at CM is better than having a B2B. It's not that Khedira isn't good enough, it's just having a playmaker at CM is an alternative option to having a B2B.

you realise that he plays alongside someone else. he doesnt play in the midfield by himself. you have alonso alongside him. its a two man midfield with ozil making it three.

you dont consider alonso a playmaker?

and you have to remember that the team has to be balanced. two alonso's would make no sense. two modric's would be ridiculous. you have to keep that in mind.

and that brings me to the real debate who should replace alonso if he leaves. who should partner khedira.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:04 am

Cyborg wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Originally I think Khedira was simply a defensive B2B to complement Alonso, however I think his attacking has improved over the years.

you realise that he plays alongside someone else. he doesnt play in the midfield by himself. you have alonso alongside him. its a two man midfield with ozil making it three.

you dont consider alonso a playmaker?

and you have to remember that the team has to be balanced. two alonso's would make no sense. two modric's would be ridiculous. you have to keep that in mind.

and that brings me to the real debate who should replace alonso if he leaves. who should partner khedira.

Yeh I know he plays alongside Alonso, however Alonso is always deep and Ozil is a AM/at AM. The CM spot is an important spot for a team. Having a playmaker there means there's a better chance of dominating, as opposed to a B2B. Since a playmaker can dribble better, pass better etc.

Khedira was bought to complement Alonso imo, so he doesn't have to be a certain starter if Alonso's gone.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:09 am

who should partner Khedira? that sounds we are building around him lol, he is nowhere near that good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 am

i think what nick is saying once teams shut down xabi or any other play maker cm we get to be his successor, we end up with khedira open but he doesn't have the skill set to take over play maker duties thus ozil drops deep into midfield or stays up top and everything becomes disjointed

with a more mobile players like modric and casemiro covering more ground and distributing together(modric more so) our team was flowing a lot better in transition plays or keeping the ball, now imagine this with a better player than casemiro!!!, not that he is better than khedira

i like khedira just like the next guy but if we want to be more dominate in midfield control its either 3 man mid or khedira prob loses his spot to more overall technical player
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:36 am

Canales scores a goal in the (4-0 as we speak) over Malaga.
And 34 minutes in looks like he got hurt again and subbed off.

Poor guy has had terrible luck with injuries.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:dont feel like writing long paragraphs, but whatever kind of midfield khedira is, doesnt fit in there. mids void of technical abilities and without ability to influence or change the outcome of a game, whether it is defensively or offensively, are of no interest to me.

It's pretty obvious you don't really focus on our games when you say something like this.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 am

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:dont feel like writing long paragraphs, but whatever kind of midfield khedira is, doesnt fit in there. mids void of technical abilities and without ability to influence or change the outcome of a game, whether it is defensively or offensively, are of no interest to me.

It's pretty obvious you don't really focus on our games when you say something like this.
we had this argument a year ago zealous, you know very well where i stand on this issue.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:09 am

likeastar wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:Because khedira isn't a midget la masia graduate that has close control

one of the guys who say that Iniesta is as good as Ronaldo or that Ronaldo couldn't play in Barca ? oh ...

I said ronaldo can play in barca. If only you could read as well as you can spell.. oh wait..

Your first line was right. It's not that ronaldo is bad, its that iniesta is massively underrated. I mean we are talking about someone who is compared to zidane. But enough on that.

Technique is not the only thing a midfielder needs btw..

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
likeastar wrote:

I said ronaldo can play in barca. If only you could read as well as you can spell.. oh wait..

Your first line was right. It's not that ronaldo is bad, its that iniesta is massively underrated. I mean we are talking about someone who is compared to zidane. But enough on that.

Technique is not the only thing a midfielder needs btw..

I was talking about him, not about you. And IMO Iniesta is overrated.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next