BAYERN_MUNICH
RealGunner
Eivindo
sportsczy
OLpower
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Benzema refuses to sing the national anthem - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema refuses to sing the national anthem

Post by aleumdance Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 pm

white_star wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:I do think Natoinal teams need to be given stricter guidelines on who can play for them.

It makes National minnows even less likely to do anything.

I agree! Teams take players who have been in a country for a long time and get them a passport just so they can play for that country. I mean after the polish team recruited olisadebe and roger, that's a black guy and a brazilian I couldn't believe it. No racism but it just doesn't work. The polish national team should have polish players and that goes for all teams.

so...

I think you europeans should take a leaf from the Yanks and learn to see everything as kinda equal no matter how un equal it might be

I never praise USA, but when its multiculture, they lead with ease

aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Benzema refuses to sing the national anthem - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema refuses to sing the national anthem

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Benzema was born in France anyway.

With Algerian parents :coffee: so he is pretty much Algerian

he's certainly more french than algerian.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 pm

according to some of you

since Obama was Born in the Us to a Kenyan mother

he likely does not qualify to be american president

CUS HE IS KENYAN
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Bénin wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Benzema was born in France anyway.

With Algerian parents :coffee: so he is pretty much Algerian

he's certainly more french than algerian.

French by Passport and Algerian by blood, lets agree to disagree hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:55 pm

I just don't understand why the criteria on playing for a Nation is so lenient. There's nothing racist whatsoever in saying you have to have a certain connection with the country to play for the National team. I'm not even talking about Benzema here.

Political correctness will ruin the world one of these days. One day it will be like... "Oh you Visited Russia when you were sixteen? Both your parents are chinese but here you go son, welcome to the team."
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 pm

@ Abra..

WHAT YOU SAID IS THE MOST FASCIST THING I HAVE READ ON GL
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Laughing Okay...

Let's introduce transfers to National football.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:59 pm

some of you need to stay with someone who is not ur race for like 6 months

its clear Multiculturalism has yet to hit ya all

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:00 pm

ist not About Transfers or anything

its like you are scared some Black kid born in ur country might get ur son's place in the future National team

if you are born in that country and grew up there, whats wrong with feeling and playing for them

unless you are some fascist
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

OLpower wrote:For me he should be banned from the national team then.

It's one thing to no sing everytime, but to say, that you will never sing it, is disrespectful and shows that he is not a patriot. That could explain as well his performances with the team. Maybe he should have picked the Algerian team then.

You cant simply 'ban' players from playing for the national team because they dont want to sing the anthem :brickwall:

Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

These are some pretty bold claims here son, i don't get personal on forums but you need to stop and stop now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:04 pm

aleumdance wrote:ist not About Transfers or anything

its like you are scared some Black kid born in ur country might get ur son's place in the future National team

if you are born in that country and grew up there, whats wrong with feeling and playing for them

unless you are some fascist

A bit hyperbolic, but I'm with you. Spot on.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:06 pm

white_star wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:I do think Natoinal teams need to be given stricter guidelines on who can play for them.

I agree! Teams take players who have been in a country for a long time and get them a passport just so they can play for that country. I mean after the polish team recruited olisadebe and roger, that's a black guy and a brazilian I couldn't believe it. No racism but it just doesn't work. The polish national team should have polish players and that goes for all teams.

Would you say it is impossible to be black and Polish?

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
white_star wrote:

Benzema refuses to sing the national anthem - Page 2 Emmanuel_olisadebe_470

hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:08 pm

And also if you're born in a country that's fine. But if you're born in one country and so was your mother for example, but your Father was from somewhere else should you be allowed to play for your fathers country? No, it defeats the point of International football. The player knows little of the country and has only a small blood connection to it, why should they play for that country instead of the country they're connected to?

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:08 pm

I'm pretty sure I've seen Ribery not sing the anthem a couple of times lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

i don't think anyone's saying benzema should not play for france because he's from an immigrant family so why don't we all calm our tits

what some are arguing is that regulations on foreigners changing national teams should be more strict, and i agree with that... noone (well maybe a few nazis) has a problem with balotelli playing for italy or ibra for sweden, it's mostly the brazilians being randomly dissipated into other countries because they're not good enough for brazil's actual national team
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Ivan Lendl played for US Davis Cup team... That's the thing about the US. If you want to be american and you're able to get citizenship, they welcome you. Doesn't matter where you came from.

Regarding the Brazilian play thing Che... if the government naturalizes them, then why not? If the people don't like it, they need to ask the politicians to change the rules. It not up to the player or football regulatory bodies to set immigration laws in a country...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:17 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
white_star wrote:

Benzema refuses to sing the national anthem - Page 2 Emmanuel_olisadebe_470

hmm

:wub: Legend!

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 pm

except fifa do set regulations for international eligibility, that's why you can't play for two senior national teams, and iirc there's a rule about under-21s as well
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ivan Lendl played for US Davis Cup team... That's the thing about the US. If you want to be american and you're able to get citizenship, they welcome you. Doesn't matter where you came from.

Regarding the Brazilian play thing Che... if the government naturalizes them, then why not? If the people don't like it, they need to ask the politicians to change the rules. It not up to the player or football regulatory bodies to set immigration laws in a country...

There is nothing wrong with that, Benzema just feels authentic about his Algerian roots and Jean-Marie Le pen supporters have started attacking him :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 pm

che wrote:except fifa do set regulations for international eligibility, that's why you can't play for two senior national teams, and iirc there's a rule about under-21s as well
They're already overstepping there. If a player really wanted to, they would have a great case in the international court to break these regulations... but there hasn't been a reason for someone to do it yet.

It's not something footy should get involved in. Let the governments of each country decide who is a citizen and who's not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:37 pm

He's algerian, but he is just as french as well

But he was born in france. He has the right to pick france over algeria..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:41 pm

OLpower wrote:and shows that he is not a patriot.

What's wrong with not being a patriot?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 pm

OLpower wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I don't think it has anything to do with their love for France as they have said... for most dual nationality players, they do it out of protest of the discrimination that exists in France.

It's a silent protest. Black athletes in the US did the same during the civil rights movement in that country.

Get real, if France was a so bad place for them, they wouldn't be there. There is much less discrimination in France than in Algeria for exemple.
And have you been to both france and algeria to back this up?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:45 pm

aleumdance wrote:
white_star wrote:

so...

I think you europeans should take a leaf from the Yanks and learn to see everything as kinda equal no matter how un equal it might be

I never praise USA, but when its multiculture, they lead with ease

Why is everyOne so sensitive on this forum. I simply think if a player is not born in a country he should not play for that country! This passport thing is not the way it should be because it give nations an advantage. I was not specifically referring to the benzema case just overall! Nothing racist about this at all. If a Brazilian is born in Poland then so be it he can be qualified for the national team.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next