sportsczy
halamadrid2
RealGunner
RED
Great Leader Sprucenuce
41 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls - Page 3 Empty Re: Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls

Post by che Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:23 pm

speaking of nani's red being similar to this, what about the legendary pepe on alves?

exactly the same motion except it connected 30 cm lower down the leg, yet it was all diver this yellow card that?

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls - Page 3 Empty Re: Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Not related to the Nani thing one bit, please dont even go there.

Nani wasnt even making a tackle. Please man.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 pm

not even close to Nani at all. I see where ur going there though: to get rid of ridiculous challenges all 'dangerous' plays need a straight red as the consequence. Don't really think that this has anything to do with the nano situation.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 pm

"Young McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball, as clean as a whistle, then followed through and they collided," the Wigan supremo told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"The referee was 15 yards from the tackle. I don’t think his view was blocked. He had a clear view. I had a clear view in the stands.

"He hasn’t gone over the ball. That’s an accident. There is not one ounce of malice in [him]. He was very upset by it all."

Wigan Owner, Dave Whelan.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Whelan's comments are disgusting especially when you consider he had his own career ended by a disgusting tackle.

Also he's upset by it? there's a 19 year old in Newcastle right now who can't walk.

No malice eh?

However, the gloss was taken off the victory when former Barcelona youngster Gai Assulin was stretchered off in the 90th-minute following a reckless tackle by Latics' Callum McManaman which led to his second yellow and resulting red card.

Sure Rolling Eyes

Lost pretty much any respect i had for Wigan, Whelen, Martinez etc etc not just for the tackle but how they acted.... the only one who behaved with even an ounce of humility was Shaun Maloney.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:Someone once said something like, when a player does something like this, they should be banned for the same length of time it takes for the player to recover and be back playing.

I didnt see the play, but that picture looks horrible...if it is how it seems, then I have no problem with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:49 pm

no fracture for Haidara... but torn knee ligaments. He's out for the rest of the year and is looking at 6 months. Poor kid. He was part of the U20 France NT that was going to the WC this summer in Turkey. That dream is over for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm

How is this different other than he didn't actually see arbeloa. But if he had made contact like that on a joint, same result as Haidara:

Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls - Page 3 Nani2_zpsc2574a2e
Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls - Page 3 Nani_zpsda39a012
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:56 pm

The picture above is not fair to nani .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:05 pm

There is no intent to hurt from Nani, he is trying to control the ball and collides with Arbeloa's ribs.

The wanker( i refuse to call him by his name) who flew in to Haidara's legs had intent to hurt ( ok he might not have thought i'm going to send you to hospital) but he did mean to leave a mark stick his foot in etc etc.

The two are not even close to being comparable.

Please do not make this thread about Nani vs Wanker.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeh Nani situation aint comparable
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 pm

That's my point... intent is absolutely irrelevant other than the severity of the ban. All these types of plays need to get red cards. If you don't think that hurt...

Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls - Page 3 Arbeloa_zps18f379a8

Arbeloa just didn't make a meal out of it...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Just caught the end of a convo with Whelan (Wigan owner) on Sky Sports News..now I missed most of it but he's saying that he got the ball from this challenge and the collision happened ater..and that since the ref didnt give it he goes along with that decision :facepalm:

I know you protect your players and what not but that is lunacy ..I really hope he was talking about some other challenge

Last edited by Firenze on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Disgusting challenge, should be banned for the season because that young kid is out now for the rest of the season. What a disgrace :facepalm:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Nani on Arbeloa not a red for me

Not accusing Arbeloa of making a meal, and not denying that it probably hurt, just isn't a red in my book...whereas this McManaman incident is one of the more clear straight-red cases you'll see

Last edited by Swanhends on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Well yeah its still dangerous play but there's a difference in severity of dangerous play between the two.

Anyway i want to get this off my chest....

There is talk now that the art of tackling is dying.... f*ck off.

Art of tackling is still there theres a difference between tackling and assault.

This is a tackle Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls - Page 3 Nesta

Video in OP is assault if you don't know the different you should just shut up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:22 pm

This tackle looked more dangerous than Nani's imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Firenze wrote:Just caught the end of a convo with Whelan (Wigan owner) on Sky Sports News..now I missed most of it but he's saying that he got the ball from this challenge and the collision happened ater..and that since the ref didnt give it he goes along with that decision :facepalm:

I know you protect your players and what not but that is lunacy ..I really hope he was talking about some other challenge

He definitely is talking about the same tackle he said the same thing on the radio last night.... f*cking dickhead.

Also whether he got the ball or not is irrelevant, i don't think he did but its irrelevant.

doesn't surprise me with the morons in this country though still stuck on the dark ages speaking of which.....

Ban Mcmanaman until next season pls - Page 3 Full-grid-havelock1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 pm

how do you know that he actually wasnt though? and why am i called a troll just because i happen not to agree with you? scratch
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Really really poor challenge. You definitely get banned for an extended number of games.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Look, it's a bad challenge, but calling for McManaman to be banned for the rest of the season or something ridiculous like that isn't very clever, imo. It's a red card tackle, but this won't be the last time we see something like this. Sometimes people make mistakes. It was McManaman's first ever Premier League start and he was probably too pumped up about it and tried too hard to win the ball back. It's a very unfortunate situation, but I'd give him a 3-game ban and move on.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:Look, it's a bad challenge, but calling for McManaman to be banned for the rest of the season or something ridiculous like that isn't very clever, imo. It's a red card tackle, but this won't be last time we see something like this. Sometimes people make mistakes. It was McManaman's first ever Premier League start and he was probably too pumped up about it and tried too hard to win the ball back. It's a very unfortunate situation, but I'd give him a 3-game ban and move on.

Aye that will stop thugs going studs up above the knee won't it.....

Also he has previous for things like this he injured someone in the reserve league in a similar fashion.

I don't give a shit if its his 1st start or 1,000th start its assault and stopped someones career before it even begun.

Also with attitude like this is the reason it won't be the last time we see things like this..... people like this need to be made example of and kick disgusting challenges like this out of the game.

So yeah lets ban someone for 3 games for basically taken someone out of football for a year that seems fair Rolling Eyes

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Nah, thats not right. You cant sort of let him slide based on "we seen this before" and "it was his first game and he was pumped"..that doesnt slide with me on something of this magnitide.

I understand he may of been pumped, but this is something else. Its displays a level of either stupidity of malice which is unacceptable. You hope its stupidity but who knows.

I find it amazing, when it comes to diving people are all for giving out lengthy bans to stop it, but this, excuses come out...im sorry, you tell me which is worse? A dive or this?

This is not a "red card tackle"..this is beyond that.

You cant tell me it makes sense to you that this tackle and Koscielny pen give away on Dzeko warrant the same punishment.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 pm

If it's bad enough to screw somebodies career up, and it's not a freak accident like when Rangers played United and Valencia caught his boot and broke his ankle then in my opinion the offender's career needs to take a similar dent.

I like good, physical tackles and I voice my support of strong player. However, that's not a tackle, that's pure recklessness.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm

With modern medical care, Haidara should make a full recovery unless he's forced to have microfracture surgery... all depends if the cartilage is still enough. With microfracture, his career is all but over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:32 pm

Yeah I think the difference between this and a tough tackle is that the defender is in full control of the situation i.e. isn't just throwing himself at the other guy.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next