Onyx
Zealous
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
48 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 3 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by Mamad Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:30

CR being better than R9 is as stupid as Iniesta being better than Zidane.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 3 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by _SuperFloren_ Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:34

Mamad wrote:CR being better than R9 is as stupid as Iniesta being better than Zidane.
What I can say is Messi is a similar player to Maradona, but not better. Iniesta is a similar player to Zidane but not better. But you cant compare an old player to CR7, nobody in the history of football had CR7 atributes. A physical freak with amazing abilities with the ball.
_SuperFloren_
_SuperFloren_
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:34

_SuperFloren_ wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
_SuperFloren_ wrote:Cristiano is better than Ronaldo R9, is a fact. People will say no because stereotypes and everything, but CR7 is a juggernaut and he has been elite for years and years. Ronaldo is a great, but he never was the same after his injury and he never was just as complete player like Ronaldo. Cristiano is an unbelievable scorer just like Ronaldo, and a overall better player.

Look who's back now that Real Madrid started defeating Barca...
I came back here before the games, buddy. The rest can tell you. I came and say that we will destroy you pretty easily. And I was out for a long time, in this long time, Real Madrid has been kicking Barca's arse for 7-8 games in a row.

Before this last games, you only defeated us in 2 games in how many tries? But I will give you credit for defeating a team without a manager. Cheer's mate drinking

Last edited by harhar11 on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:36; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:35

Considering some of the things Sir Alex has said over last of couple of years he probably is on drugs tbf.

Also i don't mind you thinking CR is better than R9 that's your opinion and R9 isn't old enough for it to not make it a debate.

Its when you said he's one of the best players ever i lol'd, he's not even one of the best Real Madrid players ever.... don't let stats fool you the game is more than just stats.

INB4 butthurt kids who grew up with this generation start crying( not aimed at you btw)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:39

_SuperFloren_ wrote:
Mamad wrote:CR being better than R9 is as stupid as Iniesta being better than Zidane.
What I can say is Messi is a similar player to Maradona, but not better. Iniesta is a similar player to Zidane but not better. But you cant compare an old player to CR7, nobody in the history of football had CR7 atributes. A physical freak with amazing abilities with the ball.

What about the REAL Ronaldo? Didn't he blend the 2? He was strong, he was fast, he was two-footed, he was tall(just 3 cm smaller than C.Ronaldo) he had a more amazing ability with the ball(his step-overs actually worked :O) etc

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:41

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Get a grip people, he called Ronaldo fat and old in an affectionate way. As he stated. Do people even read the OP? :facepalm:

That's like me calling you an a**hole but claiming that I mean it in an affectionate way. I obviously do not know Ronaldo personally and I cannot say that I am aware of their personal relationship, but I would like to think that he would prefer to not be called fat Ronaldo. I expected better from you, BC, not everything is what people make it out to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by _SuperFloren_ Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:44

harhar11 wrote:
_SuperFloren_ wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Look who's back now that Real Madrid started defeating Barca...
I came back here before the games, buddy. The rest can tell you. I came and say that we will destroy you pretty easily. And I was out for a long time, in this long time, Real Madrid has been kicking Barca's arse for 7-8 games in a row.

Before this last games, you only defeated us in 2 games in how many tries? But I will give you credit for defeating a team without a manager. Cheer's mate drinking
Yeah man, take it how you want. Maybe dont you remember the all mighty Guardiola last year runs when they only won Copa del Rey and Madrid beat them in the Camp nou for La liga. Your recordman coach Pito Vilanova, got owned in Supercopa, Real was the only undefeated team in the Camp nou this season, and you got owned against in Copa and Liga with our "B" team. You will win this liga without showing anything good against your only rival in a 2horse race. Madrid just gift you la liga, be grateful
_SuperFloren_
_SuperFloren_
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:48

//Wrong thread lol

Last edited by The xcx on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:53; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 04 Mar 2013, 22:52

Please keep on topic, as poor a topic as it is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:00

Some of y'all are exaggerating the excellence of Cristiano, it is as if everyone is forgetting how poor of a teammate he was a few seasons back. It's not that hard to fill up the stat sheet when you play for yourself and take shots on shots on shots. I would love to see some shot to goal ratios for both players, I would like to think that R9 was a more decisive player and that surely has to count for something. While I wasn't able to watch much of R9 and youtube videos are not a proper way to evaluate a player, I think it says a lot when you look back at videos of R9 tearing apart defenses.

Anyway, I am definitely not the most educated on the topic at hand, but I find it hilarious how some posters decide to laugh off other peoples opinions and then they advertise their opinions as facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:01

2 posts deleted, next one gets -25%. Thank you.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:04

THC 10 wrote:Some of y'all are exaggerating the excellence of Cristiano, it is as if everyone is forgetting how poor of a teammate he was a few seasons back. It's not that hard to fill up the stat sheet when you play for yourself and take shots on shots on shots. I would love to see some shot to goal ratios for both players, I would like to think that R9 was a more decisive player and that surely has to count for something. While I wasn't able to watch much of R9 and youtube videos are not a proper way to evaluate a player, I think it says a lot when you look back at videos of R9 tearing apart defenses.

Anyway, I am definitely not the most educated on the topic at hand, but I find it hilarious how some posters decide to laugh off other peoples opinions and then they advertise their opinions as facts.

I dont know any stats on Ronaldo, but Cristiano shoots on average 9-11 times a game per season.

So yeah, your guess is correct. Anyone who watched Ronaldo knows he never fired off shots with that regularity, probably because he realised he had some pretty good teammates who can play too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:10

Zealous wrote:
It's still a sport at the end of the day, being a better athlete obviously gives you an advantage. I also agree that Cristiano is more complete player overall.

Not sure about better shot though hmm even though Cristiano has scored more from ridiculous distances.

Anyway I'm glad that there are people who are recognising Cristiano's GOAT level Proud

Ehh, being a better athlete doesn't mean jack if you do not know what to do with it. While Cristiano might be stronger, football is not about bench pressing and muscles. R9 had this elegance about him, but he could also shield the ball from 3 defenders while having his shirt tugged - there is no way to measure that in a weight room.

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:12

Athletism dosent matter? Laughing Dude have you ever even kicked the ball around?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:15

Ronaldo was the better athlete, dont know what you are talking about.

Faster, quicker and stronger.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:17

Athletism matter, but not as much as technique or football brains. I mean just look at Iniesta, Zidane, Zico, Pirlo and Xavi. None of them is/was fast, none of them was strong, except for maybe Zidane, nor is any of them fast but they all had/have a wonderful technique and football brains and that made them legends of the game. And when it comes to technique and football brains, imo Ronaldo >>>> C.Ronaldo.

C.Ronaldo might be a better athlete, not so sure cause Ronaldo himself was a brilliant athlete, but Ronaldo's superiority in technique and football brain is bigger than C.Ronaldo superiority in athletism.

Last edited by harhar11 on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:21; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:17

Do you know how to read?

And yes, I have kicked a ball around and I have terrific athletic ability - some of it I was born with and the rest I have come to attain via hard work and time. The thing is, when I was beginning to play football I realized that you cannot just rely on speed and athletics alone. While it is nice to have the pace , I learned (thanks in part to some Goal Legacy members) that composure and technique is superior. Pace will fade away with time and if you relied on that for success, you will suffer the consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:18

halamadrid2 wrote:
Bénin wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

It should of been everyones...you know, if they had a clue.

If someone has seen both of them play and think that Cristiano is better than R9 , i'll suggest him to stop watching football. Seriously..
Cristianno is still a great player though.

tbh its pointless comparing cr7 now to cr9 because the cr9 was alot more selfish and wasnt as complete as cr7 I am happy you still remember that ronaldo tho it was such along time ago, 4 seasons ago was it?

Laughing

Laughing , what did i write :facepalm: Fixed
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:19

THC 10 wrote:
Ehh, being a better athlete doesn't mean jack IF you do not know what to do with it.

It would be nice if people actually read what I write...not saying that you have to, but if you plan on responding to my post, I would appreciate if you did.

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:31

That hardly made any sence tbh, would have been ok just to walk away. Im a winger myself, but to say technique and intelliegence is more intellectual to a forward is not right either. Its a mix combination really, only you as a player should know what suits better or for the coach depending how he wants to approach on a certain game.

Last edited by The xcx on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:36; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:35

_SuperFloren_ wrote:Cristiano is better than Ronaldo R9, is a fact. People will say no because stereotypes and everything, but CR7 is a juggernaut and he has been elite for years and years. Ronaldo is a great, but he never was the same after his injury and he never was just as complete player like Ronaldo. Cristiano is an unbelievable scorer just like Ronaldo, and a overall better player.

Yeah man, take it how you want. Maybe dont you remember the all mighty Guardiola last year runs when they only won Copa del Rey and Madrid beat them in the Camp nou for La liga. Your recordman coach Pito Vilanova, got owned in Supercopa, Real was the only undefeated team in the Camp nou this season, and you got owned against in Copa and Liga with our "B" team. You will win this liga without showing anything good against your only rival in a 2horse race. Madrid just gift you la liga, be grateful
[/quote]
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Floren what in the world is this wall of shit? Funny how the improvement of your English is directly proportional to the exponential decline of your posts. Laughing

Man that was hard to read.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:41; edited 2 times in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:39

Why do people keep mentioning strength, power etc like this is some sort of bodybuilding competition? scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 04 Mar 2013, 23:54

Because its the only thing he remotely competes with Ronaldo in. If we actually talk about football then Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Tue 05 Mar 2013, 00:15

CR is Faster, stroner, MUCHHH better in the air, MUCH better by long shots.... MUCH LESS injury prone... no fitness issues...

Ronaldo was a better dribbler, almost same finishing skills though
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pietro Paolo Virdis Tue 05 Mar 2013, 00:40

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Get a grip people, he called Ronaldo fat and old in an affectionate way. As he stated. Do people even read the OP? :facepalm:

It's still a bloody stupid thing to say in front of reporters.
And I mean that in the most possible affectionate way.
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Tue 05 Mar 2013, 00:44

Ronaldo is most of our first football idols, because he was quite freaking brilliant. I have always considered him to be the best striker I have ever seen, but when someone says CR7 is better than him, I understand. I dont agree, but I understand. Sometimes we get too emotional when our idols are getting surpassed by current football stars, I do a lot. CR7 is one of the most consistent players I have ever seen, therefore comparing him to Ronaldo is very fair. So those who think this is a idiotic comparison are probably quite biased themselves. however, if Cr7 is better than Ronaldo or not is much harder to decide, and I dont know the answer because Cr7 can still go on to bigger things.

I think the comparison is fair, but I cant say CR7 is better than the real Ronaldo as of now. The only thing that is quite clear is that Ronaldo's hairstyle in 2002, was much better than any hairstyle CR7 has ever had.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next