Onyx
Zealous
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
48 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 5 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by drakefyre Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 6:29

CBarca wrote:
Lex wrote:How many people on here actually saw Ronaldo play for PSV/Inter/Barca?

That's the reason I haven't offered my opinion on this thread Laughing

I hope people here have watched both...
El Shaarawy wrote:Watched him in the 02 WC and a bit of Madrid. Thats about it

Madrid/WC02 Ronaldo was a shadow of his previous self - lost a lot of pace , couldn't go past people like he used to .He was still a great player and finisher - and showed flashes of brilliance - that's it .

Hate it when people talk WC02 was the sole thing in Ronaldo's career - he was a much better player in WC98 .

For anyone who's interested .

drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo - Page 5 Empty Re: Ferguson: Cristano is better than fat Ronaldo

Post by Donuts Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 9:53

Ferguson trying to get CR7 to come back to United Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 10:08

loooooooooool now mourinho's calling him the best ever

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/03/05/3799607/mourinho-cristiano-ronaldo-is-the-best-ever?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_9

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 10:35

Fergie and Mourinho trolling GL. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 10:54

yeaa.. no lol

Can't measure talent with stats , Ronaldinho probably the most talented player i've ever seen was statistically average but you'd only had to watch him once to realise how immensely talented he was.

Using from what i've seen on the pitch i definitely believe Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima was the superior player.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 12:54

I'd rather believe Fergie and Jose more than some scrubs on GL tbh hmm :coffee:

Spoiler:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:00

Just realised this thread has epic jinx potential lol

Cristiano sucks he is barely better than Nani tbh (c ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:06

Alzheimer's is clearly hitting Fergie.. I feel a lot better about today's tie now Very Happy

I can't believe somebody on this thread said CR7 is faster than R9 rofl .. R9 has him beat on acceleration AND top speed ffs, it's not even close..

Cristiano can jump higher probably, that's THE ONLY physical advantage he may have
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:08

Zealous ffs your sigs are GOAT :bow:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:08

I'd say it's a lot closer than you think.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:09

Swagg wrote:Zealous ffs your sigs are GOAT :bow:

Thanks eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:11

Zealous wrote:I'd say it's a lot closer than you think.

Cristiano struggles to run past defenders regularly.. R9 was running past defenders when he was over-weight, let alone when he was fit before injuries ravaged him
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:19

Cristiano gets (or at least got) past many defenders regularly. It's just that he's changed his game and tried to evolve differently as a player.

I'm not going to compare the two. It's my opinion that it would be disrespecting both but I don't think the comparison is absurd. Cristiano has done enough throughout his career to be recognised as an all time great.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:26

Oh and to put the "He disrespected Ronaldo by calling him fat" brigade at ease.

Seriously stop being butthurt.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 13:29

Oh dear, Fergie is less coherent than usual there, barely understood a word he said
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 14:17

Giggity5313 wrote:
StevieRayVaughan wrote:Sometimes we get too emotional when our idols are getting surpassed by current football stars, I do a lot. \

This

Dani, instead of telling us we're idiots.. mind giving a football conversation?

Yes, I would mind.

There is no debate to be had here. Would you spend 5 minutes writing a post telling everyone why Iker is better than Valdes? Why Iniesta is better than Khedira? Why Benzema is better than Pedro? Why Dani Alves is better than Arbeloa?

No, why bother.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 14:21

Zealous wrote:I'd rather believe Fergie and Jose more than some scrubs on GL tbh hmm :coffee:

Spoiler:

Of course you will believe them when it suits you.

When Fergie tells us Carrick is better than Alonso, I bet you dont believe him quite so much.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 14:24

Zealous wrote:Oh and to put the "He disrespected Ronaldo by calling him fat" brigade at ease.

Seriously stop being butthurt.

LOL The fact Fergie thinks his peak was at Madrid should end this conversation. He clearly dont know what he is on about on this subject.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 14:25

I sincerely believe most people think his career started at Madrid, otherwise, this thread wouldn't be 7 pages long
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 14:40

Ronaldo is better than Cristiano, but not by much. Why are people acting like Fergie is comparing Heskey to Pele.

When Cristiano has amazing stats, its just stats and we are being blinded by numbers. When Gerd Muller racks up stats and records he is one of the greatest CF's of all time. Dat hate and hypocrisy. Laughing
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 14:53

C. Ronaldo is a system player. You build a perfect system around him which creates space for him and gets him clear on goal and he'll finish. He needs a team around himself which dominates. He just translates this domination into goals. No domination, no goals. See Portugal (which isn't even a bad team by any means, easily top 10, just not stacked like Madrid). He isn't the cause of Madrid's dominance. When he was injured for 4 months under Pellegrini, Madrid finished the season with 96 points. Someone else just got at the of the chances and finished the moves (in this case Higuain). Ronaldo at his best was THE system and cause of domination. He made his teams dominate. He got the ball in midfield and beat players for fun with his skills. Everyone could see what he did to a young Nesta. Pointless discussing this. Just watch how Nesta loses it @ 3:20 because he's so sick of getting his butt handed to him. Proud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gThIpUFCo

To C. Ronaldo's defense: Messi is also a "system player". When his team dominates, HE dominates. He isn't the cause of domination. He just translates Barcelona's dominance into goals. Spain = Barcelona without Messi and they dominate the same way except being a bit lightweight upfront nowadays with Torres' and Villa's decline. If Messi's team doesn't dominate, he'll lose interest in the game: Inter, Milan, Chelsea, Madrid recently, Copa America in his own backyard where he completely bottled it, World Cup against Germany. And pls don't tell me about his heroics against fodder and how he rescued Barca by scoring 3 goals against Deportivo. Deportivo's budget is smaller than Barca B's. Laughing

Messi and Cristiano win the comparison through consistency for sure. If I want to win a league, I'll take Messi or Ronaldo (ok, only Messi ...). If I want to win a single tough knockout competition I take Ronaldo in his prime and it isn't even close.

I hope this helped.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 15:02

While I understand some people bringing up the consistency issue, I would like to remind you how many times R9 consistently returned from nasty injuries and while he might not have been the same player, he was still superior to most. If you cannot respect that, than I do not know what to tell you. R9 showed his worth with multiple clubs and the national team - suffering injuries does not equate to not being consistent and I feel R9 should get more credit for continuing to never give up after being plagued by injury.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 15:16

R9 is better than CR7 but not by a long shot, this case is similar to Iniesta-Zidane comparsion.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 15:21

No its not. At Zidane and Iniesta both respective peaks, its pretty close to some people.

Cristiano and Ronaldo's isnt.

If you want to talk about career and titles and stuff like that thats different but I dont think anyone is talking about that, because Sir Alex wasnt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 15:28

The Franchise wrote:No its not. At Zidane and Iniesta both respective peaks, its pretty close to some people.

If you want to talk about career and titles and stuff like that thats different but I dont think anyone is talking about that, because Sir Alex wasnt.

Except people bring up titles and trophies when Iniesta is being compared to Zidane. Trophies are brought up when R9 is compared to the likes of Pele.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 5 Mar 2013 - 15:30

EarlyPrototype wrote:
The Franchise wrote:No its not. At Zidane and Iniesta both respective peaks, its pretty close to some people.

Except people bring up titles and trophies when Iniesta is being compared to Zidane. Trophies are brought up when R9 is compared to the likes of Pele.

Talking far too general.

SOME people bring up titles and trophies...SOME people bring up level of play...SOME people bring up both.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next