CBarca
Donuts
BarcaKizz
61 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by windkick Sat May 18, 2013 3:49 am

A guy that can score on his own when we are relaying on Messi? How dare we try something new. we should get another hard work rate player who cant step up when needed winger like Alexis or Pedro instead

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 18, 2013 6:04 am

windkick wrote:A guy that can score on his own when we are relaying on Messi? How dare we try something new. we should get another hard work rate player who cant step up when needed winger like Alexis or Pedro instead

+1

Neymar is EXACTLY the type of player we need. Him or someone like Suarez.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 18, 2013 9:16 am

Reus is better
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat May 18, 2013 2:47 pm

he will choke in Europe.
I hope he proves me wrong
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Why does everyone think Neymar will choke in Europe?

What exactly has Neymar done to make people think he will choke in Europe? I know the overhyping he's received has made people skeptical of him, but he's the best player to come out of Brazil in years probably. Look at what he's achieved in Brazil. Yeah you can always say it's "just Brazil", but it's pretty substantial. Bad players don't do as well as he has in Brazil.

Yes I won't say he'll do fantastic, but I don't think he'll flop either.

Just need to wait and see.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Sat May 18, 2013 7:21 pm

CBarca wrote:Why does everyone think Neymar will choke in Europe?

What exactly has Neymar done to make people think he will choke in Europe? I know the overhyping he's received has made people skeptical of him, but he's the best player to come out of Brazil in years probably. Look at what he's achieved in Brazil. Yeah you can always say it's "just Brazil", but it's pretty substantial. Bad players don't do as well as he has in Brazil.

I think it's because the expectation are already so high with years of hyping. Fans, agents, Santos management and (ex-)players, sponsors haven't done any favors to him by comparing him to Messi or CR. So he is pretty much doomed to "flop" unless he manages to pull miracle out of his ass and outscore Messi (not gonna happen) or at least rake up similar numbers (his only chance to avoid the flop tag).
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat May 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Error wrote:
CBarca wrote:Why does everyone think Neymar will choke in Europe?

I think it's because the expectation are already so high with years of hyping. Fans, agents, Santos management and (ex-)players, sponsors haven't done any favors to him by comparing him to Messi or CR. So he is pretty much doomed to "flop" unless he manages to pull miracle out of his ass and outscore Messi (not gonna happen) or at least rake up similar numbers (his only chance to avoid the flop tag).

Outscore Messi? Please, there is no such player right now in any league. The only one who comes close to him is Cristiano, and the whole team plays for him. In Barca the team plays for Messi, so i would be happy if he comes and has half the numbers Messi has. That is all it's needed for us, for him as a winger to score 30 goals a season Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 18, 2013 9:13 pm

I think people want him to fail, rather than believing at. At worst, you can have no idea how he will do and at best you can be encouraged by players like Oscar and Lucas who are not on his level and are doing impressive stuff.

So yeah, peope want him to fail....as you can see with the stupid expectations already being mentioned. He didn't score near the amount of goal Messi did in Brazil and yet he has to match him to not be a flop...

The stupidity lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat May 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Neymar won't score 30 goals. If he has a season like Villas first that's enough. It's not possible to score 30 goals as a winger with messi in your team. We just need him to score 20+ and especially to be able to show vs any kind of opposition.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Barca just need another forward who can do things individually and take the creative pressure off Messi.

In Pep's first season you had Messi, Eto'o and Henry was a genuinely 3 pronged attack who all scored 20+ but slowly but surely its gone from a 3 pronged attack to just Messi.

Neymar will at least provide a goal threat and be able create space for others while taking defenders on which is more than what can be said for Barca's attack Messi aside over last couple of years.

Be interesting to see what the other player will be to balance this front 3 out, will you look to use a CF with Messi in behind and Neymar on the left and basically have Alves having the whole wing to himself like you have on occasion.

Or will you stick to the tried and tested and have Neymar replacing Villa on the left, Messi down the middle and a hard working player on the other side.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 18, 2013 9:44 pm

I hope we don't do that for two reasons.

First is lobsided pressing don't work, can't ask the CF to get to the leftback and follow him. Also even if he did, when we win the ball he won't be in a position to be a 9 and keep the defence off Messi.

Second Dani Alves on the right we just leave him alone and force him to dribble to many people with no pass options and cross.

If we want to use a 9 on specific occasions to me we would have to drop Messi back and get rid of a midfielder.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:I hope we don't do that for two reasons.

First is lobsided pressing don't work, can't ask the CF to get to the leftback and follow him. Also even if he did, when we win the ball he won't be in a position to be a 9 and keep the defence off Messi.

Second Dani Alves on the right we just leave him alone and force him to dribble to many people with no pass options and cross.

If we want to use a 9 on specific occasions to me we would have to drop Messi back and get rid of a midfielder.

Oh i agree, just listing the possible options which are available.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun May 19, 2013 2:49 am

I'm personally tired of all the Neymar news, everyone is saying something different and its hard to believe anything lately, if we do not buy him this year we should just forget about him and focus on someone else.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 19, 2013 9:40 am

Neymar plans to stay at Santos until 2014, says father

The father of Santos starlet Neymar has once more insisted his son plans remain in Brazil until the summer of 2014.

Rumours linking the 21-year-old with a move to Barcelona in the coming months have gathered pace of late, with Tito Vilanova confirming discussions have taken place between representatives of the two clubs.

However, the player's father has stressed that his son intends to see out his contract with the Brasileiro outfit, claiming that both Barca and Real Madrid have plans in place to make a move for the youngster's signature next year.

"Our position is to stay until the end of contract," he told Rádio Bandeirantes. "And we have not heard that Santos are in negotiations to sell Neymar.

“If Santos want then I will talk with my son to see if he really wants to go. We made some plans for Neymar to stay here until 2014. If these change we must be told beforehand.

"Barcelona are waiting for Neymar but for 2014. A project is in place to see how he will fit there. They put people next to Neymar to see how he would work. And Real Madrid do the same thing in the same way."
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun May 19, 2013 11:08 am

The Franchise wrote:I think people want him to fail, rather than believing at. At worst, you can have no idea how he will do and at best you can be encouraged by players like Oscar and Lucas who are not on his level and are doing impressive stuff.

So yeah, peope want him to fail....as you can see with the stupid expectations already being mentioned. He didn't score near the amount of goal Messi did in Brazil and yet he has to match him to not be a flop...

The stupidity lol

what is trully stupid is saying that a barca fan would want a future barca player to fail.
End of story.
I feel he will fail but as I said I really hope he proves me wrong.
Stop generalizing
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Well I'm just saying how it sounds. Its not as if I can think different as you provide no thought process behind your opinion.

Also I said "people" which could mean anyone, not everyone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Dani, entertain this thought a moment. you talked about how well lucas and oscar are doing, but arent they both a bit different from neymar?

i will explain myself shortly, but first of all, i think that his biggest challenge is the physical one. Seeing neymar, his greatest asset is his dribbling. He has added and will continue to add more aspect to his game but he really is a dribbler that can make the difference in 1v1 in the final third and either deliver a key pass and finish. I think when he started playing with Brazil, he quickly realized hw much closer the lines in europe or NT teams are compared to brazil. He didnt have as much time on the ball as he used to be and defenders would close him down much faster and outmuscle him. they react faster and are usually quicker to double you up. And he cant ride challenges as much as he would do in Brazil. that's why i think how well he will do in europe, unless his style completely change, will have to do a lot with how well he adapts physically and muscles up.

As for the comparison to Lucas or Oscar, i look at the physical factor as well. Oscar is slightly bigger, although lanky, but he naturally doesnt have to go toe to toe with defenders as much as Neymar would. he exploits pockets of space and move the ball, so i never doubted he would adapt given that his brain is his biggest asset. Lucas however is a physical specimen probably in the same line as prime Roni and Ronaldo were. Not comparing talent here, i would never do that, but he is such an overpowering athlete, i am not shocked to see him turning defenders for fun like this. It's his awareness and decision making which needs work.

That's why i think those three players are different. i dont expect neymar to flop because the position in which he walks in barcelona is ideal for him but as barca are changing with times, the challenge will get tougher as well. thing is, if Neymar doesnt live up to his youtube highlights in europe, he will be deemed the flop. He was announced as the second coming of Messi, so even if he becomes very good, he will be deemed a flop. It's really better when you come out of nowhere and blow people away.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 19, 2013 3:25 pm

Regardless of what his father or Neymar are going to say. its very unlikely that Nerman isnt going to be a Barca player after the Confederations cup.Look at it this way, Santos either have the option of cashing in at least 40M now or staying with him for another season and letting him go for free after the World Cup.The choice is obvious.they just want Barcelona to up their bid which according to Brazilian papers was of around 20M.Neymar has already told his father and Santos that when he leaves he wants to join Barcelona.

About him flopping or not, it will depend on what people are expecting from him.If people expect him to be the second coming of ronaldinho, then he is going to flop.but if fans only expect him to be good player, a winger who will score and take away some of the responsibility messi has, then he wont flop.As i said in the transfer rumors thread. i expect him to score at least 20 goals in his first season with you guys.Just dont expect him to instantly be a top 3 player in the world like some idiots hype him up to be
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun May 19, 2013 3:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well I'm just saying how it sounds. Its not as if I can think different as you provide no thought process behind your opinion.

Also I said "people" which could mean anyone, not everyone.

thought process? sure... to me I see nothing different in Neymar than in all those Robinhos Denilsons etc that have been hailed as the new Pelle over then years. The kid has failed to conveince me at a national stage also with Brazil relying to Fred for goals etc
I may be proven wrong, and I really like to if we're gonna buy him, but please don't claim that at least Barca fans want him to fail since we are so heavily linked with him.
Damn I was even hopeful for Chygynsky when we first bought him

P.S. surely the expectation for Neymar would be to easily surpass the level Lucas is playing right now, right?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun May 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Ganso wrote:Regardless of what his father or Neymar are going to say. its very unlikely that Nerman isnt going to be a Barca player after the Confederations cup.Look at it this way, Santos either have the option of cashing in at least 40M now or staying with him for another season and letting him go for free after the World Cup.The choice is obvious.they just want Barcelona to up their bid which according to Brazilian papers was of around 20M.Neymar has already told his father and Santos that when he leaves he wants to join Barcelona.

About him flopping or not, it will depend on what people are expecting from him.If people expect him to be the second coming of ronaldinho, then he is going to flop.but if fans only expect him to be good player, a winger who will score and take away some of the responsibility messi has, then he wont flop.As i said in the transfer rumors thread. i expect him to score at least 20 goals in his first season with you guys.Just dont expect him to instantly be a top 3 player in the world like some idiots hype him up to be

that's about what I'd hope to see... however you don't pay 50 fat m€ for something like this right?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun May 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Yes you do. It's what we paid for Villa (40 milion) and it worked until the injury, and it's what we paid for Malexis (42 milion) and hasn't worked.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 19, 2013 4:56 pm

billy_gr wrote:
Ganso wrote:Regardless of what his father or Neymar are going to say. its very unlikely that Nerman isnt going to be a Barca player after the Confederations cup.Look at it this way, Santos either have the option of cashing in at least 40M now or staying with him for another season and letting him go for free after the World Cup.The choice is obvious.they just want Barcelona to up their bid which according to Brazilian papers was of around 20M.Neymar has already told his father and Santos that when he leaves he wants to join Barcelona.

that's about what I'd hope to see... however you don't pay 50 fat m€ for something like this right?
I was making a guess on how he would do right now, you guys will be paying for arguably the best young striker with huge potential and the most profitable player in terms of marketing atm. its kind of a fair price when you consider all the crazy deals that have happened in recent years.I mean, you guys payed 40M for alexis.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Dani, entertain this thought a moment. you talked about how well lucas and oscar are doing, but arent they both a bit different from neymar?

i will explain myself shortly, but first of all, i think that his biggest challenge is the physical one. Seeing neymar, his greatest asset is his dribbling. He has added and will continue to add more aspect to his game but he really is a dribbler that can make the difference in 1v1 in the final third and either deliver a key pass and finish. I think when he started playing with Brazil, he quickly realized hw much closer the lines in europe or NT teams are compared to brazil. He didnt have as much time on the ball as he used to be and defenders would close him down much faster and outmuscle him. they react faster and are usually quicker to double you up. And he cant ride challenges as much as he would do in Brazil. that's why i think how well he will do in europe, unless his style completely change, will have to do a lot with how well he adapts physically and muscles up.

As for the comparison to Lucas or Oscar, i look at the physical factor as well. Oscar is slightly bigger, although lanky, but he naturally doesnt have to go toe to toe with defenders as much as Neymar would. he exploits pockets of space and move the ball, so i never doubted he would adapt given that his brain is his biggest asset. Lucas however is a physical specimen probably in the same line as prime Roni and Ronaldo were. Not comparing talent here, i would never do that, but he is such an overpowering athlete, i am not shocked to see him turning defenders for fun like this. It's his awareness and decision making which needs work.

That's why i think those three players are different. i dont expect neymar to flop because the position in which he walks in barcelona is ideal for him but as barca are changing with times, the challenge will get tougher as well. thing is, if Neymar doesnt live up to his youtube highlights in europe, he will flop. He was announced as the second coming of Messi, so even if he becomes very good, he will be deemed a flop. It's really better when you come out of nowhere and blow people away.

Sure but I didn't say because of what Lucas and Oscar have done means Neymar will be great. All I said was you can be encouraged by it...and that only being optimistic. Wasn't comparing them in any way.

As for Neymar put me in the pile who said he lack of strengh thing is overrated. Being smart is far more important than being strong. I can think of many players who lack strength and still excell at dribbling. His adaption is more about he difference in speed, how quick yuo have to think.

As for flop labels, I don't care about. If he performs well I'm good and if he doesn't I'm not. What other people think he should be doesn't intrest me and if he is smart doesn't intrest him either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 19, 2013 6:24 pm

Strength is really really overrated.

As long as you're smart in other areas it doesn't matter how strong you are. Iniesta has gotten away with it his whole career.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 19, 2013 6:28 pm

@billy_gr

So basically its Pele or nothing? Not unrealistic at all....

failed to convinc you for Brazil..how many games you seen? Do you even care about the othrr factors? Add up all factors....for Brazil its largely postive.

Do you want him to fail? Maybe not but you seem very ready to put unreal expecations on him makin it easy for him to fail in your eyes

Lucas? Have you seen how he is playing....you speak as if he has anything but impressive.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun May 19, 2013 6:55 pm

free_cat wrote:Yes you do. It's what we paid for Villa (40 milion) and it worked until the injury, and it's what we paid for Malexis (42 milion) and hasn't worked.

Bro, Villa was hit and miss in his first season and in the 2nd he was awful until his injury..

Ganso wrote:
billy_gr wrote:

I was making a guess on how he would do right now, you guys will be paying for arguably the best young striker with huge potential and the most profitable player in terms of marketing atm. its kind of a fair price when you consider all the crazy deals that have happened in recent years.I mean, you guys payed 40M for alexis.

Bad comparison seeing as Barça only payed €26m for Alexis and then €11m in bonus. I don't think that Santos would say yes to bonuses..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum