The Sanchez
Zealous
gondov
BarrileteCosmico
Beautiful Football
33 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Copa del Rey | SF (Second leg) | FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Copa del Rey | SF (Second leg) | FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 pm

well to be fair, our main problems is the wingers and defence.
and that has been a problem since Tito has been here.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Copa del Rey | SF (Second leg) | FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: Copa del Rey | SF (Second leg) | FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 pm

worms wrote:Falcao is the best striker in the world,I don't give a *bleep* if he doesn't have 95% pass completion,he will put the ball in the net.
Yeah he will, but we can get someone who will score and contribute when not scoring.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Donuts wrote:well to be fair, our main problems is the wingers and defence.

Well, when Tito was here Pedro as gaining form and Iniesta was raping on the left.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 pm

windkick wrote:

Well, when Tito was here Pedro as gaining form and Iniesta was raping on the left.

Tito would also see the problem of Cesc being in the team...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 pm

THAT, I agree with
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vicentec Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Fine Donuts but I will still disagree with you on the need to buy a world class player for E30m with the intention of using him as a squad player and that too when we already had a prodigious youngster longing for more minutes.

Every time I see that 30m figure I remember that we could have had Ozil for 10m during that same Summer while we had to listen to Wenger publicly cry daily about Cesc.

vicentec
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 pm

I seriously hope Rossel and Tito and the rest of the board are sitting around figuring out what they did wrong and what they can do to fix it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Fabregas is also not going anywhere, and with Xavi only getting older it doesn't make sense to sell him.

alfred, you still think Fabregas can do the Xavi role some day? dani had ruled it out long time back and now I do too.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am

windkick wrote:So buying a attacking midfielder the quality of Cesc to rotate with Iniesta who is in his prime was just *bleep* retarded.

and seriously, wtf was Song bought for? This guy has played like 3 games all season. We all saw how slow and unreliable Puyol is getting. We should of invested in a Center Back.

Nice points. A couple of comments/questions.

1. If you are really looking for a player to rotate with Iniesta in his later years or be his understudy for now I cannot understand why you would go for Cesc. You would go for someone with dribbling ability, who has great off the ball movement and can evade markers well. Someone like David Silva would at least make better sense than Cesc for example.

2. Do you think it makes more sense to start with Mascherano from now on instead of Puyol?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 am

it would make more sense to start playing Barta Surprised i don't think we have seen enough of him play.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 am

messixaviesta wrote:
windkick wrote:So buying a attacking midfielder the quality of Cesc to rotate with Iniesta who is in his prime was just *bleep* retarded.

and seriously, wtf was Song bought for? This guy has played like 3 games all season. We all saw how slow and unreliable Puyol is getting. We should of invested in a Center Back.

Nice points. A couple of comments/questions.

1. If you are really looking for a player to rotate with Iniesta in his later years or be his understudy for now I cannot understand why you would go for Cesc. You would go for someone with dribbling ability, who has great off the ball movement and can evade markers well. Someone like David Silva would at least make better sense than Cesc for example.

2. Do you think it makes more sense to start with Mascherano from now on instead of Puyol?

1. Neither. I don't like the idea of world class players sitting on the bench. Cesc was a captain of a top 4 EPL Club. Silva was a starter with los Che. At this time, Isco was just a prospect getting zero mins, of course nobody would of known he would of turned out to be a beast and I think it's to late to nab him now. So now, we should of scouted for a young prospect like that. Iniesta still has too many good years left to put a top world class player to "under study" him

Thiago is perfect and already ours to understudy Xavi

2. We should start playing Barta allot more and see how he holds up. I think he is more our future and we should start to give him time. Masch is faster than Puyol but the decision making and tactical awareness edge, and leadership still goes to Puyol by a HUGE margin. Masch should get sold in the summer at this point
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:50 am

Cesc playing the Xavi role was never going to happen anyway due to the fact that the guy doesn't even play CM anymore and hasn't for years.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:17 am

In all honesty Fabregas is no where near the class of Xavi. Fabregas is a good player, but no Xavi.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 am

We need our manager back and we need to stop the experiment of 5 mids. Simple.

Also Jordi Alba is not fit for games against decent teams. He left us so exposed.

Someone was saying sell Alves? He was easily our best defender...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:03 am

Barta DEFINATELY needs minutes. I don't understand why he isn't getting any minutes tbh. The minutes he has played, he has been great. In games when our defenders need rest for important games, Barta should be starting. The more time he is on the bench the less and more problems he will produce on the pitch.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 am

The Sanchez wrote:Barta DEFINATELY needs minutes. I don't understand why he isn't getting any minutes tbh. The minutes he has played, he has been great. In games when our defenders need rest for important games, Barta should be starting. The more time he is on the bench the less and more problems he will produce on the pitch.

He should be 3rd choice or at leas on par with Masch. We need far more rotation at CB and Masch doesn't need so many games.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:50 am

I agree about Alves. He definitely isn't the problem here
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:46 am

windkick wrote:

Maybe because we weren’t playing against top teams back then.
No Milan and we didn’t exactly raped against Madrid either.

My assessment of the game: We are predictable. End of. Messi is below his standards, but I can’t blame him. He is the only person everybody looks to pass. Miraculously, Villa doesn’t start and Pedro is more invisible than Patric Swezy in that ghost lover movie.

It is evident that wee need some decent CB in the summer. I don’t even say WC, because decent would be much more than what we actually get usually (a DM that is).

Overall I’m not disappointed. Maybe this defeat can help us understand a thing or two. Then again, when did we ever learn from our mistakes?

billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 am

Tough loss and while I don't like Barca the feeling is bitter sweet because I do like you guys and I feel for you.

Good luck in the rest of your games (unless you play us :whistle: )
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:31 am

Meh we were horrible and we deserved it… It pains me much more when we loose games when we were superior to other tams
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:11 am

I agree with Billy. Plus I saw this one coming (Didn't see the Milan loss coming, and yes that one hurt lol)

Thanks Zealous, I have respect for you guys as well. Good luck in the final
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:59 am

The Sanchez wrote:Barta DEFINATELY needs minutes. I don't understand why he isn't getting any minutes tbh. The minutes he has played, he has been great. In games when our defenders need rest for important games, Barta should be starting. The more time he is on the bench the less and more problems he will produce on the pitch.

i agree, i am shocked that bartra isnt starting ahead of montoya..
plus that fontas loan isnt too smart when u look at it now.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:We need our manager back and we need to stop the experiment of 5 mids. Simple.

Also Jordi Alba is not fit for games against decent teams. He left us so exposed.

Someone was saying sell Alves? He was easily our best defender...

Alves is the past now,Alba is much younger and they both can't play together in a 4 man defense as it is too attacking.Buy a defensive RB and give Alba more freedom to attack.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:06 pm

And to the people saying Falcao won't do anything apart from score.

What does Pedro do?

What does Sanchez do?

What does Cesc do?

Falcao will offer a threat in behind the defense to give Messi more space,when oppoistion defenses play deep we will have the best header of the ball in the box as an option.He also has a high workrate.He would score at least 35 goals a season here.Teams could no longer concentrate solely on Messi.

He is technically good enough to play our passing game,as long as he keeps it simple like he does for Atletico.You are talking like he is Andy Carroll ffs Laughing

This is Barcelona FC not Messi FC.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Worms...Dani Alves is a better player both offensively and defensively than Alba will ever be. No idea why you think Alba is the future...the guy can barely defend. Name me a RB who's had Cristiano in his pocket more comfortably than Alves. Yet Alba gets rounded by bottom la Liga wingers.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 pm

I actually agree with worms. Teams are happy to crowd the middle n give the wings to Barca because there is barely anyone in the box to attack the low crosses sent to the box. MessiacAgger tendency to drop to CM in tight games makes it even worse (Aame with us when Suarez plays as the main front man). With Falcao up front n Messi just behind him, Lio will get more time n space on the ball, teams can't willingly give the wings to Barca cuz Falcao is deadly in the box and it just gives the team more tactical flexibility.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next