DeviAngel
juventus101
Targus
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juve's top 3 all time attackers Empty Juve's top 3 all time attackers

Post by Targus Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 pm

guys I was discussing with my friend about this topic and you were the first thing in my mind, and I am really interested in your opinions. Very Happy
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Juve's top 3 all time attackers Empty Re: Juve's top 3 all time attackers

Post by juventus101 Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Baggio and Del Piero are two. The third based on reputation would be Boniperti or Platini. Based on me actually watching them, Nedved or Zidane.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:54 pm

In terms of goals its Trezeguet and Del Piero..

but I would say Baggio,ADP,Trez/Vialli,
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Del Piero
Platini
Boniperti

From what I've personally seen

Del Piero
Trezeguet
Third spot could go to many players

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm

In terms of all time goal-scoring record.

Del Piero
Boniperti
Roberto Bettega

With Trezegol being Juve's best all time foreign goal scorer.

In terms of overall:

Del Piero
Platini
Boniperti

I think you could include Baggio somewhere in there too.He's one of the best players to don the Juve jersey although not as big a 'Juve legend' in comparison to the aforementioned players.

From my time of watching Juve players:

Del Piero
Trezeguet
Nedved
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm

I was slightly too young to see Platini play, but I suspect he would have been first choice. In my morning haze, and from what I have seen in my time, with my own eyes and felt with my own heart...undoubtedly roberto Baggio, Trezeguet and Vialli.

I can't see how Nedved could ever be classed as an attacker, even though his game was tremendously offensive, and if he is an option, then I Zidane has to be, so I would have Zidane/Baggio/Nedved...but this is extending the parameters...so I will stick to those deployed in the final third, and say R, Baggio, Trezeguet and Vialli.

I have always respected DP, but never found the love for him which so many others have. A wonderful ambassador for the club and game, but lacking the tenacity and grit which I always include in my measures of Greatness.
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

http://thedissolutefox.com/wordpress/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:33 am

thegutterpoet wrote:I was slightly too young to see Platini play, but I suspect he would have been first choice. In my morning haze, and from what I have seen in my time, with my own eyes and felt with my own heart...undoubtedly roberto Baggio, Trezeguet and Vialli.

I can't see how Nedved could ever be classed as an attacker, even though his game was tremendously offensive, and if he is an option, then I Zidane has to be, so I would have Zidane/Baggio/Nedved...but this is extending the parameters...so I will stick to those deployed in the final third, and say R, Baggio, Trezeguet and Vialli.

I have always respected DP, but never found the love for him which so many others have. A wonderful ambassador for the club and game, but lacking the tenacity and grit which I always include in my measures of Greatness.

Blasphemy about Del Piero
Probably the first Juventus fan I've seen that didn't rate Del Piero
I wholeheartedly disappear, numbers alone replace that grit/tenacity. Showing up in big games and winning every possible trophy after spending nearly 20 years at the club and staying through it during the worst of times (scandal), while at the same time showing a lion's heart as the team's captain, places him in his own list of special players.

Never will we see another Del Piero
Never will we sign a 19 year old and bring him from relative anonymity to super-stardom

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 am

Luca wrote:
thegutterpoet wrote:I was slightly too young to see Platini play, but I suspect he would have been first choice. In my morning haze, and from what I have seen in my time, with my own eyes and felt with my own heart...undoubtedly roberto Baggio, Trezeguet and Vialli.

I wholeheartedly disappear, numbers alone replace that grit/tenacity. Showing up in big games and winning every possible trophy after spending nearly 20 years at the club and staying through it during the worst of times (scandal), while at the same time showing a lion's heart as the team's captain, places him in his own list of special players.

Never will we sign a 19 year old and bring him from relative anonymity to super-stardom

Juve's top 3 all time attackers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUA5aNqbpZcEp-rMHuVmI_y6u3iXPzaiWPGOWd1R0jWFE3Cbu7

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:23 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

Juve's top 3 all time attackers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUA5aNqbpZcEp-rMHuVmI_y6u3iXPzaiWPGOWd1R0jWFE3Cbu7

an unsurprising response, devi, although I suspect you didn't mean disappear!

I am not criticizing Del Piero. Clearly...he has simply never really grabbed my heart and soul and spirit the same way other players have, such as Cantona, Montero, Buffon, Nedved, Rooney, Zidane, Cannavarro, Moller, Kohler, ballack...the common thread there is a manly tenacity which our beloved 'sandro never had. Indeed he was a wonderful player, just not one of my favourites of all time, which doesn;t lessen my support for the club or make me any less of a juventino, it simply means that I have a special reverence reserved for a kind of character which DP was never going to be.

So there we have it. A wonderful player, and ambassador for the game and club, but never one of my favourite players...
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:51 am

Fair enough, but, in any case, this thread was asking who were Juve's top 3 all time attackers, and you would be hard pressed not to include the team's all time leading goal scorer in your list

As for favourite players, by all means. Every person has their personal preferences and I admire that you're able to look beyond the club's biggest figure. I'm not because I basically grew up with Del Piero as Juventus' captain/leader, hero. And that's the image I'll always have. He joined Juventus like 10 months after I was born :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:58 am

A Juve fan not liking ADP Shocked That's like me saying I never felt the love for Stevie G or Raul.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:41 am

There is an obvious difference between saying 'i dont like del piero' and calling him a wonderful player and great ambassador for the club and game as a whole...

So on paper, yes, Luca, I can see DP there as a certainty. But if that was what we were doing, it would be a pointless thread. top three, favourite top three, its the same to me, otherwise we may as well print out the stats and be done with it. One of the greatest things about the beautiful game is how character players such an important part in proceedings...Its not just stats.

Its not hard for me to understand why DP is so rightly revered. I just prefer other players, in his area. And do not see him as the number one talisman of the club. Platini was perhaps not as lengthy in his career with Juve, but he was certainly as potent, if not more potent a player on the field and was he not also capitano???
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 am

Fair enough, like I said, it's refreshing to discuss with someone who has different opinions- or else you're right, we would all just be naming the same three players.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Luca wrote:

Wow this was amazingly surprising. A juve fan having this kind of opinion about the mighty ADP.
I agree with Luca, we will never see another Del Piero, we wont see alla Del Piero goals, the perfect free kicks and the magical dribbles. And most of all (I dont know about you) but with all my love for juventus I dont really have the same emotion when our team attacks. I always used to wait for ADP to have the ball and to make something magical. To make me happy. Now juve is a great team, but in my opinion without a leader, even though ADP didnt play he was a leader, fans would sing his name. He gave our team the heart than none of any players give.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:46 pm

1. Alessandro Del Piero.
2. Alessandro Del Piero.
3. Alessandro Del Piero.

Ask me anything about Juve, and the answer would be ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO.

Juve = ADP. Period.
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 pm

I miss ADP so damn much just like you were saying Targus. Every time he had the ball, you knew he would create something magical. Even in his late years he magically went past players with pure skill no matter what slowing pace he had left. You knew when he stepped up for a freekick that something special was going to happen. You knew that as he dribbled in from the left side to right, that his special one of a kind shot would curl into the top corner, amidst the screams of joy from millions of Juventino like ourselves, as we chanted his name. You knew towards the end of his career, as he recieved less playing time, that we all would anxiously look at the clock and exclaim , "Where is Ale?". He is the number one and indisputable player at our club . No doubt. His passion, pure skill, talent, never give up attitude is what made him better than any other forward in our team.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:27 pm

juveman17 wrote:I miss ADP so damn much just like you were saying Targus. Every time he had the ball, you knew he would create something magical. Even in his late years he magically went past players with pure skill no matter what slowing pace he had left. You knew when he stepped up for a freekick that something special was going to happen. You knew that as he dribbled in from the left side to right, that his special one of a kind shot would curl into the top corner, amidst the screams of joy from millions of Juventino like ourselves, as we chanted his name. You knew towards the end of his career, as he recieved less playing time, that we all would anxiously look at the clock and exclaim , "Where is Ale?". He is the number one and indisputable player at our club . No doubt. His passion, pure skill, talent, never give up attitude is what made him better than any other forward in our team.

Majestic post Thumbs up
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

juveman17 wrote:I miss ADP so damn much just like you were saying Targus. Every time he had the ball, you knew he would create something magical. Even in his late years he magically went past players with pure skill no matter what slowing pace he had left. You knew when he stepped up for a freekick that something special was going to happen. You knew that as he dribbled in from the left side to right, that his special one of a kind shot would curl into the top corner, amidst the screams of joy from millions of Juventino like ourselves, as we chanted his name. You knew towards the end of his career, as he recieved less playing time, that we all would anxiously look at the clock and exclaim , "Where is Ale?". He is the number one and indisputable player at our club . No doubt. His passion, pure skill, talent, never give up attitude is what made him better than any other forward in our team.

This is what I always feel like. In the first game of the season I was upset because I knew that I wouldnt see Del Piero warming up even if he wouldnt enter in the game. I love juve with all my heart but I dont have the same emotion because I am getting disappointed with our attack. I really miss Ale.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:46 pm

thegutterpoet wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

an unsurprising response, devi, although I suspect you didn't mean disappear!

I am not criticizing Del Piero. Clearly...he has simply never really grabbed my heart and soul and spirit the same way other players have, such as Cantona, Montero, Buffon, Nedved, Rooney, Zidane, Cannavarro, Moller, Kohler, ballack...the common thread there is a manly tenacity which our beloved 'sandro never had. Indeed he was a wonderful player, just not one of my favourites of all time, which doesn;t lessen my support for the club or make me any less of a juventino, it simply means that I have a special reverence reserved for a kind of character which DP was never going to be.

So there we have it. A wonderful player, and ambassador for the game and club, but never one of my favourite players...

Lol the kiss was for Luca who was defending my idol ...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vinovo90 Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Hello guys,, I'm new in here, but I've been following this forum for years,, this is my first msg.. Hmm,, tough call to choose my best 3 juve attackers, but based on my love and passion to juventus I pick alex delpiero, trezeguet, platini. Amauri and iaquinta is fighting for 3rd place LOL.. Cheers from indonesia =)

vinovo90
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 pm

vinovo90 wrote:Hello guys,, I'm new in here, but I've been following this forum for years,, this is my first msg.. Hmm,, tough call to choose my best 3 juve attackers, but based on my love and passion to juventus I pick alex delpiero, trezeguet, platini. Amauri and iaquinta is fighting for 3rd place LOL.. Cheers from indonesia =)

welcome and feel free to introduce your self on the La famiglia thread ( here : http://www.goallegacy.net/t60-la-famiglia) and read the forum rules ( here : http://www.goallegacy.net/t181-introducing-the-reputation-points-system)

Welcome glad to have you here !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

Its a little mindless to show shock and infer a lack of love for Juve, when faced with a juventino who has probably been following the team since before you emerged from the womb in some cases...Juve was Juve before Del Piero and will be long after. It is not at all the case that he made us somehow more special, more prestigious, more magnificent than we had ever been...To adopt such a stance is both unfortunately blinkered and also somewhat insulting to the players who came before and have come and will come after.

Not one player is more important than the team itself, as DP would be the very first to passionately confirm.

Anyone who has less passion for the team due to the absence of Del Piero is not a true juventino, in terms of how I personally measure support for a club. They could sell the whole team and start afresh, and I would still find the core of support in my heart. Yes, I would follow Buffon and Vidal and Pirlo and Chiellini wherever they went and wish them well, but they are part of the club, not more important than the club.

Hero worship is all well and good, its part of the game, but some people seem to support Del Piero, more than they support Juventus as a club. Which is fine and dandy...I just wish those people would not confuse themselves with juventini and also avoid showing any negative sentiments towards true juventini who love the club more than del piero.

thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 am

Agree with the post entirely although the 'true fan' bit is a bit childish in my opinion.

It could just be the case of people of being more vocal in their affection for Del Piero but that doesnt mean their support for the club equates to being lesser or something.

Every Juve fan wants the team to win and do well at the end of the day.Thats all matters.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by thegutterpoet Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 am

Surag wrote:Agree with the post entirely although the 'true fan' bit is a bit childish in my opinion.

It could just be the case of people of being more vocal in their affection for Del Piero but that doesnt mean their support for the club equates to being lesser or something.

Every Juve fan wants the team to win and do well at the end of the day.Thats all matters.

It may seem puerile, surag...but to me its far more infantile to suggest less passion for a club due to the lack of reverence for one player alone. Which was my point.

When fans are less passionate about the team, due to the absence of Del Piero, to me they are simply more fans of Del Piero than of Juventus. Regardless...I am jolly presently from watching some footage of Isla, peek at the thread, and also, from right now pondering with excitement our dear growing black hercules...Pogba! (as I watch that goal in your signature above these lines)
thegutterpoet
thegutterpoet
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:27 am

Again not disagreeing at all.For example,2 years ago, i got bashed here and all sorts of insults hurled at me(you know being called disgraceful fan and such) from 2 guys in particular who i think people know for criticizing Marchisio when i said(or meant to say) i aint the biggest fan of his playing style but that doesnt mean i hate him.I love the guy and so glad he's made his mark on the world as one of the top midfielders in football today.I only want him to do well naturally and criticism some times comes in the heat of the moment.

Like Luca said its refreshing to see someone have a different opinion from others on Del Piero as i assume you must have watched Juve since a long time looking at your age when we had absolute legendary players long before Del Piero too.

One more thing about the Del Piero fanboysim is that it could be the case of nostalgia hitting people's mind.You know as a kid, some fans here grew up watching/idolizing Del Piero which might've got them into being a Juventus fan in the first place so its only natural to see getting this sort of reaction as we've got here on your differing opinion.

For me though,whatever it is team comes first no matter how much ever love you may show towards certain players.Think its the case with most here if not all on this forum.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next