Cotes
Adrian0911
DeviAngel
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Line-ups: Roma-Juventus Empty Line-ups: Roma-Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Roma revolutionise their team again with Ivan Piris in a three-man defence to take on Mirko Vucinic’s Juventus.

The crisis club lost its debut under Aurelio Andreazzoli 3-1 to Sampdoria last week and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo hit the headlines by insisting on taking a penalty that he then missed.

Osvaldo has been the subject of violent protests from fans all week, who pelted his car with eggs after a training session.

He starts despite a knee problem, supported by Francesco Totti and Erik Lamela in a 3-4-2-1 system, while Dodo, Leandro Castan and Mattia Destro are injured.

The big change is full-back Piris in a three-man defence. It is a huge gamble for Andreazzoli, as Piris has had several howlers and is a very attack-minded player who struggles when defending.

Daniele De Rossi and Maarten Stekelenburg are again in the starting XI after they were repeatedly dropped by Zdenek Zeman.

Juventus are fresh from a 3-0 Champions League victory at Celtic Park, but must do without the suspended Claudio Marchisio and Federico Peluso.

Giorgio Chiellini, Paolo De Ceglie, Simone Pepe and Nicklas Bendtner are injured, so Paul Pogba and Kwadwo Asamoah step in.

Vucinic steps back into the Stadio Olimpico against his former club, partnered by on-form Alessandro Matri.

Asamoah makes his first appearance since December 21, having been away at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Roma: Stekelenburg; Piris, Burdisso, Marquinhos; Torosidis, De Rossi, Pjanic, Marquinho; Lamela, Totti; Osvaldo

Roma bench: Goicoechea, Lobont, Romagnoli, Balzaretti, Taddei, Lucca, Bradley, Tachtsidis, Perrotta, Florenzi, Lopez

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah; Vucinic, Matri

Juventus bench: Storari, Rubinho, Marrone, Isla, Padoin, Giaccherini, Giovinco, Quagliarella, Anelka
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Line-ups: Roma-Juventus Empty Re: Line-ups: Roma-Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm

Line-ups: Roma-Juventus 539448_621291201231446_1747491666_n
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:54 pm

man....we really could have used chiellini in this game....

...to get Lamela sent off again... Twisted Evil

jk
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:42 pm

how's it going?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:54 pm

there is no tomjuve game thread open...i believe we are afraid to jinx it
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:11 pm

giovinco sucking again..................WE NEED DEL PIERO
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Disgrace of a game :facepalm:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:41 pm

ARE YOU *bleep* KIDDING ME REF? HE BLOWS THE WHISTLE WITH 5 SECONDS LEFT AND A CORNER FOR US? WHAT BULLSHIT VAFFANCULO
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Conte really failed to adequately rotate the squad. Marchisio's dynamism was sorely missed in the midfield. The attack has returned to mediocrity and the wingbacks were rather useless tonight as well.

Overall, two steps forward, one step back (is the trend I see with this team).

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:44 pm

The whole team looked really tired and it's not surprising. We will get better. Btw giovinco seemed to have lose his remaining confidence..

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 pm

juveman17 wrote:giovinco sucking again..................WE NEED DEL PIERO

I thought the same thing and I totally agree with you.

P.S
Dont start to say that we should move on with the del piero thing, we just need him because we have sh!t strikers.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 pm

I am not angry because our team was so so so tired. Pirlo faded away same with Vidal and Pogba. We missed Marchisio soooo much. We need Pepe back ASAP. Giovinco must be sold he is average players who will offer nothing more than flashes. That's it. Just a bad day I am sure we are going to be champions so this is just a minor setback.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:47 pm

*bleep* bullshit from the ref unbelievable you cant just blow the whistle like that
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:47 pm

DeviAngel wrote:I am not angry because our team was so so so tired. Pirlo faded away same with Vidal and Pogba. We missed Marchisio soooo much. We need Pepe back ASAP. Giovinco must be sold he is average players who will offer nothing more than flashes. That's it. Just a bad day I am sure we are going to be champions so this is just a minor setback.

Agree with your comments Thumbs up

But i dont think we'll sell Gio after 1 season though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 pm

God i hate moments like this
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 pm

juveman17 wrote:*bleep* bullshit from the ref unbelievable you cant just blow the whistle like that

Calm down juveman.Cant really blame the ref for not allowing the corner when we werent playing well in the entire game as we clearly looked jaded.It wouldnt have changed anything in my opinion.Hopefully the boys get their heads up after this loss,move on and hopefully come back strongly in the coming game.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:51 pm

juveman17 wrote:*bleep* bullshit from the ref unbelievable you cant just blow the whistle like that

While I agree on that we even lost 1 min while Lamela was arguing with Pirlo, even if the ref was going to give 5 FK's , 5 Corners +5 more mins we would have not scored ...

however our next opponent should watch over
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 pm

I hate to say it, but i think the longer Juve are in Champions League, which believe me I of course want them to do well in that, but the longer their in it, the more chance Sides like Napoli and Lazio have of winning this league. Today was a hugely fatigued Juventus side, I think Pirlo should have been rested instead of Marchisio i mean Marchisio 27 yr old, pirlo 34, I think Pirlo need more of a rest there then Marchisio.

Now to subs, Padoin should never be brought on the field ever again, the guy is almost completely useless, his passing ability not there, offensively inept, and defensively inept.

Giovinco... well i don't have to say anything there, every Juventini knows this guy is useless.

Man of the Match for me is out of Buffon and Caceres who i believe is hugely underated.
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Marchino28 wrote:Now to subs, Padoin should never be brought on the field ever again, the guy is almost completely useless, his passing ability not there, offensively inept, and defensively inept.

Thumbs up

Clearly, that sub was a horrible decision today considering Asamoah was actually doing well.Completely pointless sub who made an absolutely null contribution in the game.

Agreed about the assessment on the best Juventus players today on the pitch too.Bonucci was very good too.

PS:Can someone tell me which player did the ball rebound off which led to Totti's goal ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Marchino28 wrote:I hate to say it, but i think the longer Juve are in Champions League, which believe me I of course want them to do well in that, but the longer their in it, the more chance Sides like Napoli and Lazio have of winning this league. Today was a hugely fatigued Juventus side, I think Pirlo should have been rested instead of Marchisio i mean Marchisio 27 yr old, pirlo 34, I think Pirlo need more of a rest there then Marchisio.

Now to subs, Padoin should never be brought on the field ever again, the guy is almost completely useless, his passing ability not there, offensively inept, and defensively inept.

Giovinco... well i don't have to say anything there, every Juventini knows this guy is useless.

Man of the Match for me is out of Buffon and Caceres who i believe is hugely underated.

Marchisio was suspended not rested
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 pm

The ball rebounded off Vidal
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:01 pm

this nonexistent squad rotation is what is gonna be our doom if we keep going well in UCL.

we have a squad to deal with it.

and what i don't get...what is happening to our passing. there were so many mistakes...a very few caused by the winger not being where they were supposed to be. and this passing problem is persistent since january.

marchisio was really missed...vucinic sucked but giovinco sucked worse so it went almost unnoticed. matri didn't get service. pogba was afraid to even try a shot. vidal was jaded and pirlo faded..after that foul from totti never get back in the game properly.

boring and shit game.

and what worries me most is that after celtic 2nd leg we play napoli. they will crush us if this happens again.

edit: i'm wrong... we play napoli before celtic
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Im afraid i cant defend Gio after today. shocking. So sad how much potential he had too.

Hopefully we can sell him or swap him but i dont see it happening soon either.

Nice goal from Totti, couldnt of been easier for him to blast it into the corner. As mentioned we were very tired, 3 games in a week is quite a bit considering we havent rotated as much as i thought we would.

Licht needs a good rest, and i mean a good one.. few days off training and maybe skip the next match. the guy usually gives all for 90 mins but i noticed him puffing and panting at the 70th min mark.

Overall both teams were very very sloppy in possesion and passing. Was very much a BPL type game with terrible defending (also terrible finishing by both sides hence the low scoreline). Cant help to think we played better over the majorty of the game but when roma had thier stints they ran us ragged.

One tiny thing aswell, totti's raised foot on pirlo's knee.. looked very nasty and on another day to another player in another stadium could of very well been a straight red for recklessness. not that im bothered. Roma deserved the win regardless tonight, we were too tired.

Conte deserves some blame for starting so many players who have played recently.

Vucinic needs to go too. he simply isnt good enough. as much more talent he has then matri id rather someone work his ass off like Ale has recently then someone who wont run for a ball 5 meters beside him.

This is not a kneejerk: Sell ALL of our strikers, i mean all of them. they are all below par. even if next season we have to play a lone striker with LLorente supported by MVP + Super Pogz. Bring back Gabbiadini and maybe buy another striker and id definatly prefare that then seeing quags, Gio,Matri and Vuci miss boat loads of chances everygame. anything will be better then what we have now, even a gamble like what i suggested.

Buffon was great, made some top class saved and put his body in the way. notably a stop from osvaldo's powerful header.

Lamela. hate the guy. needs roughing up by chiellini next time we meet.

The players i thought did really well were Bonucci, Barzagli and Caceres. Thought they performed great but were constantly being put in danger by a lazy and sloppy midfield and strikeforce.

Not a well constructed post but i couldnt care less lol
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marchino28 Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Sorry i didn't realise that Marchisio was suspended, I now understand not resting Pirlo. But as Adrian0911 said, if Juve play like this against Napoli after that second leg against Celtic, GOODBYE! And Napoli could overtake us that game which I can't think about.

Could it be possible that a youth team player can make more impact than Giovinco, if so make the change. I cannot bare to watch this little stooge continuously ruining Juve's attacks and yet Juve always seem to go through him for their attack. I mean any of us could do better than what he did today which was, receive the ball and run it straight out of play!

Pepe, couldn't come back to this team sooner.

One last thing, I like Lichtsteiner, but is it just me, now tell me if u think different, but In my opinion his crossing and decision making when crossing the ball is poor, Opinions?
Marchino28
Marchino28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Marchino28 wrote:Sorry i didn't realise that Marchisio was suspended, I now understand not resting Pirlo. But as Adrian0911 said, if Juve play like this against Napoli after that second leg against Celtic, GOODBYE! And Napoli could overtake us that game which I can't think about.

Could it be possible that a youth team player can make more impact than Giovinco, if so make the change. I cannot bare to watch this little stooge continuously ruining Juve's attacks and yet Juve always seem to go through him for their attack. I mean any of us could do better than what he did today which was, receive the ball and run it straight out of play!

Pepe, couldn't come back to this team sooner.

One last thing, I like Lichtsteiner, but is it just me, now tell me if u think different, but In my opinion his crossing and decision making when crossing the ball is poor, Opinions?

Agreed.

Noticed it so many times over so many games, his crossing and decision making isnt as bad as say Krasic by any means but too many times he gets into so much space on the right side of the opponents box and runs FURTHER out wide!! It kills me when i see it lol. Id rather him burst into the box and flash a shot/cross at/across the goal then run further out and spray a weak aimless ball into the other teams defenders..

Asamoah is much more competent in his crossing and vision when it comes to putting the ball into the box. That being said, licht isnt that bad, some of its 50-50 with him. sometimes he'll steam down the right side and whip in a tasty cross or sometimes he'll jog to the byline and tap a weak effort across the box.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next