+5
Firenze
billy_gr
Art Morte
FalcaoPunch
Motogp69
9 posters

Go down

So I've decided to write a book about the beautiful game Empty So I've decided to write a book about the beautiful game

Post by Motogp69 Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 am

After playing around with the idea, I've decided that I'm going to start a kick starter project to help facilitate the writing of a book I would like to create about the beautiful game. I have titled the book "Fixtures". As well, I have a general idea of the ideas and themes I wish to cover, though I would appreciate your insight as well.

Overall, what I am hoping to accomplish is to tell a story, or multiple short stories, which use personal footballing experiences to tie the beautiful game to our everyday lives, to the human experience, whether those experiences be good or bad.

To accomplish this, I would like to ask the help of the Goal Legacy community to share your footballing stories with me. I am looking for stories about:
1. The best game you've ever seen.
2. The most meaningful football experiences you've ever had or witnessed
3. The most infuriating football experiences you've ever had or witnessed
4. Footballing experiences which have left you sad or depressed
5. Experiences when football has intertwined with your life to become more than just a "game"
6. Funny or ironic footballing experiences
7. Stories which talk about your hero's and why certain players mean so much to you, the game, or your club.

If you wish to respond it doesn't have to be as a response to this thread. I understand privacy is very important for some, and if you wish to message me I will be sure to respect your privacy when I edit the book to its final form. Further, I will not print a story until the source of its material has agreed to the its final form.

Thank you for coming along with me on this journey.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

So I've decided to write a book about the beautiful game Empty Re: So I've decided to write a book about the beautiful game

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:44 am

Hook us up with a copy when it's done Thumbs up

I'm on my phone but I will sure PM you when I have a chance
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

So I've decided to write a book about the beautiful game Empty Re: So I've decided to write a book about the beautiful game

Post by Motogp69 Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:03 am

For kick starter backers I would:
1. Provide a signed copy of the book (hopefully by a player contained in the book)
2. If the book is successful, I hope to fully reimburse backers for their support.

For those that actually contribute stories which end up in the final product I had planned to:
1. Provide a signed copy of the book (hopefully by a player contained in the book)
2. Provide a percentage of the monies collected from sale of the book

I also hope to use a portion of the proceeds made as a donation to the Goal Legacy forum.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 am

I will definitely look to compose something and message is out to you.

Best of luck to you Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 am

That's a fascinating and very ambitious project, I hope it goes well Thumbs up

If I can think of something that might help you I'll PM you.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:54 am

good luck to your endeavour Smile
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:27 am

Make sure to make it in ebook format too so I can download a copy for free online :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:12 pm

That will be one of the hurdles I need to tackle Firenze.

I need to determine how I wish to publish the book. Given I have a relatively famous last name in the literary world I do not believe getting published would be of much difficulty.

However, like yourself, I pretty much ebook everything these days though I will buy a hard copy if I find a book truly memorable.

There is also much to be said in how pro-author the ebook system is compared to the traditional publishing model.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:48 pm

I need to ask, is it football overall or just the professional world that we watch? And can I write the suggestions publicly on this thread. Thanks and good luck keep your fighting spirit, I will encourage you in the ways I possibly can. Thumbs up
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:59 pm

3. The most infuriating football experiences you've ever had or witnessed

i've pretty much only had one of those, and it was CL games vs barca (mainly the second leg). we progressed ofc and went on to win the CL. but barca's attitude on and off the pitch meant i got no satisfaction from that second game. it felt like a punishment watching it. when the whistle blew i wasn't even happy, just aggravated and annoyed at the fact that we almost could have not progressed because of their cheating (busquets play acting getting Motta a red card etc), the sprinklers being turned on was embarrassing, valdez grabbing mou just as much. there was a heap of off the pitch stuff, mourinho getting his car bombarded, the police trying to do Eto for tax charges or something. it was desperate and pitiful. it's unfortunate because they're such a strong side, and until things change i don't ever want us to face them again

in a more brief way it didn't feel like a game of football, just trying to avoid cheating/hoping the ref didn't cave into the pressure. it was the opposite of "the beautiful game" imo
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:04 pm

I would like to keep the ball about football. However, it is about our lives and football, it doesn't have to be about your memories regarding your favorite club but could be about your every week amateur soccer match.

If it moves you, please share, and we can sort everything else out later.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Also, if I like the basics of your story, I will probably PM you to get more out of you so that I can get more than just a summary going.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm

4. Footballing experiences which have left you sad or depressed

Bilbao vs Atletico Madrid EL final.EVERY single bilbao supporter and player were crying as if their parents got murdered or something
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:19 pm

To accomplish this, I would like to ask the help of the Goal Legacy community to share your footballing stories with me. I am looking for stories about:

5. Experiences when football has intertwined with your life to become more than just a "game"

This is a point where I can share without being confused by options. It is basically the experience of how I lost my glorious teenage memories by being too much of a fan of the game. I played it, I watched it, I WE(PES in Europe, at that time much better than Fifa)-ed it. I basically go to highschool and like the thought of going there because of a simple matter of playing it at the break. I did it again after school, I played the virtual version, online manager, manager, PES, all kinds of it when I later got home. Then I woke up at dawn to watch a game.

I didn't know how to interact with people, I don't have a set goal in life. All I want at that point was just football, I personally want to win a trophy, I even changed school just because it has football tournament.

It is still a game that I love, but I'm a human and in my country you don't really live well by being a footballer, and I ain't even that good to be a pro. So by being utterly infatuated to football, I've postponed my progress to be a successful human being by around 5 years.

6. Funny or ironic footballing experiences

This relates to above. At that time, 7 to 2 years ago I played almost everyday, well generally it's like that. But, I never really improve, because I don't take care of my food, sleep, my physique. Now, at most I play just 3 times a week, and it's futsal and not as long as in the past. But, I'm taking good care of my body, and I actually have a life. The social interaction in life makes me a better person, more intelligent and cool calm confident in intricate situation. And that actually makes me a much better player at an alarming rate if you consider my unfrequent playing time.

7. Stories which talk about your hero's and why certain players mean so much to you, the game, or your club.

Ronaldinho. At his best he could score against Cech, Cesar, and scoring against Milan with the defense of prime Nesta, Gattuso not from the spot. Some feats that Messi could not do still. Though Messi is the better player, but if we take away his brilliantly disgusting consistency, and just look at the grandest of games, Ronaldinho is more inspiring, for me at least. And he actually toyed with those names, not to forget Cambiasso, Vieira, Samuel, Essien, Makelele, Stam, and Maldini. He is absolutely not just an entertainment, he does it on the big stage effectively, that's what hooked me to set him as my idol.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Ganso wrote:4. Footballing experiences which have left you sad or depressed

Bilbao vs Atletico Madrid EL final.EVERY single bilbao supporter and player were crying as if their parents got murdered or something

Bayern - Fiorentina
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum