Lex
Mamad
The Franchise
ronalessi
Onyx
98 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by kiranr Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 am

What you say makes no sense Sepi. Especially the last bit. That 9 year old must be one confused kid.

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Arquitecto Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:18 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Sepi Laughing what a hypocrite. You label Juve's performance the 'death of football'. Claiming a big side shouldn't play like that blah blah. And when Yanited (a big team no doubt) just do basically the same thing, you praise their coach. How the mighty have fallen Laughing

Are you really comparing Celtic vs. Juve with this?

We have been told by GL that likes of Wilshere and Fabregas aren't good enough to get into Juve's midfield. I expect a midfield of that quality to try to dominate Celtic's. I don't say 70% dominate, but at least keep possession for more than 2 minutes. Juve's resources by far surpasses Celtic, and they won't need that "smart" game-plan to beat the Scott. In my personal opinion . P.s., Juve basically had no other chances other than the 3 they converted (Good on them)

Whereas today, both United and Madrid are matched financially, with Madrid actually more power due to United's debt. It's a classic game, it's a lot more even. and even then, United created more CLEAR CUT chances than Madrid in normal play.

It's not as Madrid went all out on Man U, the same way Celtic went on Juve...you see Mou bringing Pepe on as a sub to avoid that. Tonight's game was an even game of chess. Completely different complexions compared to what happened at Celtic Park on tuesday night.

Man U barely ever control the midfield away from home in PL. even against likes of Norwich and Reading, whereas Juve are known for their amazing midfield as the strongest part of their team. considering the respective quality of opposition, I expected better.

I am sure the 9 year old in Romania who was watching the game tonight, will be telling his parents about becoming the next Georgi Haghi tonight, because he enjoyed the battle. Whereas last night, he probably ended up thinking about marrying a Romanian olympic gymnast.

-I don't think you really understand Juventus' midfield. Their MVP is near unbreakable because it forms a perfect combination of midfielders who compliment each other with their abilities and tactically. Other anyone can put a star midfield and have the create footballing magic. What has Fabregas in the last 2 years proven that he can be in Juventus' midfield MVP? He has been panned and criticized recently while Wilshere hasn't even performed for more then half of a season. This idea is absurd.

-You don't understand Juve's gameplan either. Most of the Juve watchers including Mole predicted the same thing which was Juventus abandoning their patient possession play to go on the counter attack vs Celtic. Why? If you play possession vs Celtic they are bound to park the bus in which Juve struggle against due to their inconsistent finishers. Juventus' plan to nick the goal and stay back in a 5-3-2 Catennacio is a classic 1st leg away tactic of Calcio and Conte's Juventus as a whole which has brought him success in the few times he used this same tactic. You cannot possibly think Juve were going for possession based on their formation and positioning along with the change of midfield roles. Brilliant plan and Celtic fell for it.

-Tonights game wasn't a game of chess, that was Shaktar-Dortmund which was aesthetically and from a tactical point of view a far more flexible and dynamic game to watch. Real-United simply was to congested midfields fighting for narrow release of counters which was scrappy, dull and highly underwhelming. Most pundits around Europe agreed how tactically bland shallow this match really was with its "transitional" tactics relying mostly on individual efforts (especially from Real). Pepe substitution was simply for Jose to get an aerial effort over United was closing down the midfield for little reason. Its trademark Mou to forfeit a game when he has been outwitted (happening a lot now) as this was nothing new.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 am

Who is refereeing the second leg? I'm hearing Howard Webb is? Please hope its not true.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Howard Webb can't ref the second leg since he's English. There's a clear rule in European football that refs can't officiate matches involving teams from their respective nations.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 am

Good.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:35 am

The Sanchez wrote:Good.

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:36 am

wow sanchez you did not know that rule :facepalm:

Real Madrid was extremely unlucky today! for the next leg, we will have Marcelo, and our forwards will most likely pick up form.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:39 am

Real Kandahar wrote:wow sanchez you did not know that rule :facepalm:

Real Madrid was extremely unlucky today! for the next leg, we will have Marcelo, and our forwards will most likely pick up form.

No I didn't. :coffee: Good to see you back Laughing Hopefully you stay for a bit longer if you keep your cool which you probably won't Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:54 am

de gea man of the match by a mile. made about 3-4 absolutely world class saves.

madrid unlucky that de gea was on such great form or else this draw would have been put away at home.

madrid basically having the same issues that have been prevalent all season. strikers out of form, di maria giving the ball away at every turn, absolutely nothing coming offensively from the right side because of di maria pushing into the middle and arbeloa being useless. oh and of course conceding from set pieces (ramos).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:08 am

Manchester United to go through.Predicting a 2-1 win for them.

Aside from the in-game tactics,the schedule is heavily favoring United.I know the game is still a few weeks away ,but atm they are sitting pretty at the top with a huge lead and they mostly have scrubs to face in the upcoming games(Reading in the FA Cup ,QPR in the league and Norwich at home before the return leg against Madrid).Think i'm certain to see Fergie resting majority of his starters before the return leg.

Madrid on the other hand may be out of the title race ,but its still Barca we're talking about here and that too two back to back games against them before the United clash.Really doubt Mou is going to field a 2nd string team or anything against them.Think we can all agree that they have a grueling schedule ahead of them before this clash.Not saying this is a very important factor ,but its one to consider imo.

I wouldnt be mentioning this if i dint believe a fully fit ,full-strength United side would be able to beat Madrid anyways.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 am

We must play with reserves in Clasico before United game. i don't care if we lose 4-0.

and i really hope Marcelo finds form for return leg. he is a huge huge help for our attack. we need him.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 am

De Gea was WC, but so was Lopez. He made to brilliant saves on Van Persie that were equal to the saves of De Gea.

People fooled by the epic save on Coentrao are hilarious. He could have saved at with his body or hands. It was reaction nerves at its best.

Sure Madrid could have won that game, but so could have united. Not sure what game some of you watched.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Zealous wrote:This Fergie will do anything for the win logic is flawed. Where was this when he lost two finals by refusing to park the bus Laughing

I'm not saying they're going to expose themselves. That's stupid. They are going to attack more though, if I were a betting man I would put money on that.

Seeing as you use their performance against us as an example, you do know that when we played them in the CL semi-final 08, Man Utd parked the bus home and away? So them parking the bus at old trafford is very believable..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Lopez was WC- i have to admit. he did make 1-2 world class saves that really kept madrid in the match.

but still not on the level of de gea. de gea was out of this world. and your comment on the coentao save. i think you are simplifying it because you are able to watch it from TV. coentrao's shot was unexpected and from point blank range. the fact that de gea had the reflexes to even react is remarkable. saying it would have been easier to save with his hands and that he just made it look difficult is wrong imo. the shot was too fast, very unexpected and the ball had quickly moved from front post the back (de gea had to quickly transition as well as make the save)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 pm

I really was hoping Madrid to progress, but now i see utd going through!

Madrid continue the 'last 16 and out butthurt' lol Laughing
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 3 BDE0Qd5CYAEWYOX
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:34 pm

I've always respected Ronaldo. Highlight for me is his run vs Arsenal for the goal a few years back in the CL 1-3
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:07 am

Away Home
Lyon 1–2 Manchester United 1–1 0–1

Porto 3–2 Manchester United 2–1 1–1

Barca 1–0 Man U 0–0 0-1

Ferguson is going to wait RM to attack ,
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:24 am

Three days after El Clasico. They gotta rest alot of players because all Clasicos are tiring physically, mentally and probably emotionally.
Lopez may start but your certain starters like Alonso, Ramos, Arbeloa, Ronaldo etc. shouldnt start and if they do then come off after a time. This second leg is SO IMPORTANT for Madrid. Only trophy they are really fighting to win for!
If they lose, Mou to go rather soon...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:26 am

Three days after El Clasico. They gotta rest alot of players because all Clasicos are tiring physically, mentally and probably emotionally.
Lopez may start but your certain starters like Alonso, Ramos, Arbeloa, Ronaldo etc. shouldnt start and if they do then come off after a time. This second leg is SO IMPORTANT for Madrid. Only trophy they are really fighting to win for!
If they lose, Mou to go rather soon...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 am

78 cm's higher than the average NBA player can jump. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:41 am

Quits Madrid to play NBA :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Bump.

Cant wait for this game now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Surag wrote:Bump.

Cant wait for this game now.

i agree, will be the most anticipated match of the year (so far) for me. both teams coming off of big wins and both teams are hitting their stride.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Apart from de geas first save, the rest were routine lol. Madrid did *bleep* all to us in the first leg. Will ronaldo score a header like that again? Or are freak goals like that overlooked. For a godly save of anshit straight at de gea?
Madrid don't want us to attack, because if we do well do you, and well do you bad.
Our direct passing style and wing play will cut them open.. Again.. While Madrids 35 yard shots are considered chances by the Madrid faithfull

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:43 pm

If you attack you may score but you will concede. so you will not risk and you will play with many players in your half.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next