nichabr
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
jibers
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Berlusconi brother racist comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Berlusconi brother racist comments

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Like with anything context is important in these situations.

And "Black boy" is not a racist term when used without malicious intent as far as I'm concerned.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Berlusconi brother racist comments - Page 2 Empty Re: Berlusconi brother racist comments

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:20 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
tuddor wrote:it's ridiculous that every word gets interpreted to create false scandal.. Hypocrisy.. If someone would've say: come to see our white little boy (pointing to veratti) would it be racial too? Damn some people are so delicate, just like little pansies... Lol.. 70 years ago, millions were losing their life on the battlefield, and now some men gets intrigued by the fact that someone called a football player in a diminutive manner: Little black boy... Get a sex change if you are so fragile to things like false racism. Racism is what Hitler did, not this sh*t

Lol yeah, becasue it'd be the same thing if we said "our little white boy". Because black African nations colonizing Europe was a thing. Rolling Eyes

I was going to mention the colonizing of Spain but that clearly doesn't count hmm

Anyway I think context is important here but your point is correct though. A small double standard (being sensitive when concerning racial terms) is fair when a big double standard existed in the past (One race being deemed "superior" to another). Nothing wrong with that imo
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Zealous wrote:Like with anything context is important in these situations.

And "Black boy" is not a racist term when used without malicious intent as far as I'm concerned.
exactly..
It's one thing saying: he is a Black Boy, kill him for that! or: Let's see how our little black boy plays in a friendly manner..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Why bring race into it at all, though? In a country where racial tolerance in football isn't the greatest, you would think the higher ups would have enough sense to distance themselves as far as possible from the subject of race, not drop it into a joke, regardless of whether it was malicious or not
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I dont know why he had to say "black" anyway, just as Lex is saying. Not racist, but why is it needed to distinguish that? As if Balo is someone seperate because he is black?

And tuddor, your comments are just stupid. First of all, noone would call Veratti "white" anything..thats the point. He would just be called "boy" in this hypothetical situation..in fact, he wouldnt be called anything.

People are either complaining because

A. He said N------.

Or he didnt but

B. He used black to distinguish him, why it even necessary to do so?

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Racist or not, that comment is still going to leave a bad taste in the mouths of many. I don't even know why he would use "black boy"
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 pm

The guy on ssn last night/early morning said he used a highly offensive term.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Even if everyone finds it extremely insulting, what can they do about it ? He's not tied to the club in any form.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:06 pm

tuddor wrote:it's ridiculous that every word gets interpreted to create false scandal.. Hypocrisy.. If someone would've say: come to see our white little boy (pointing to veratti) would it be racial too? Damn some people are so delicate, just like little pansies... Lol.. 70 years ago, millions were losing their life on the battlefield, and now some men gets intrigued by the fact that someone called a football player in a diminutive manner: Little black boy... Get a sex change if you are so fragile to things like false racism. Racism is what Hitler did, not this sh*t

u sire must be a retard, if a whole VP uses "lets go watch our black boy play" on purpose when he knows how much that word triggers delicacy in a racially charged country, and you think racism is burning a million people of the same race or camping them in camps to keep them away from other people or enslaving them then it is you who doesn't need just s sex change only but a brain transplant to match it...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Well , it's exactly the way it is , Italians call black people "Negro" , in order to distinguish , to joke about , and to abuse racially .... take that media stuff with a grain of salt ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont know why he had to say "black" anyway, just as Lex is saying. Not racist, but why is it needed to distinguish that? As if Balo is someone seperate because he is black?

And tuddor, your comments are just stupid. First of all, noone would call Veratti "white" anything..thats the point. He would just be called "boy" in this hypothetical situation..in fact, he wouldnt be called anything.

People are either complaining because

A. He said N------.

Or he didnt but

B. He used black to distinguish him, why it even necessary to do so?

yes, using 'black' wasn't necessary, i'm sure he wouldn't use it again in another interview, he didn't realise at that time what reactions is gonna get from some people cause he used one word... He just couldn't censor himself from saying one word, should people judge him for that, for one word?... You and I don't even know in what context he said that and all the facts of this problem, than why judge him? It's in the human nature to make "mistakes" like this, escaping words...
You're comment is more stupid, that's for sure .. When we are talking about a "hypothetically" situation, should necessarily the situation have to be true?.. Do you know what every people on this planet is gonna say or not about veratti?.. Maybe some people with a different skin color than veratti's is gonna say "golden white boy " or something... Have you ever heard of the Math principle of assuming something in order to demonstrate a conclusion ?
You said my comments are stupid and you argument was: i assume that your assumption can't be true.. That logic drunken

Last edited by tuddor on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:07 pm

dont be a racist, love *neeggers* like me!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Eivindo wrote:dont be a racist, love *neeggers* like me!

if your post is pointed towards me, than i do like them ... there are some in my home town and i like their company, fun people to chat with who are enjoying life, they're very friendly and positive, and we are friendly with foreigners too ....

I remember one specific situation... I was in a club with a girl friend of mine and she received a text message from a good girl friend of hers... And the text message was: "I kissed with a black guy, he is great"... Does this make her racist or something?
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:21 pm

yes, because she should have kissed me, if she was hawt ofc
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:30 pm

Hold the presses. Was Suarez actually convicted because of negrito? I didn't follow the drama and heard negrito was used but I always thought that he must have said something else because I find it impossible to believe Suarez got that big of a ban because of negrito... That's like banning someone for bro or dude because of the lack of respect...
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Eivindo wrote:yes, because she should have kissed me, if she was hawt ofc
gotta love that alpha attitude Laughing The girl was very hot...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Phritz wrote:Hold the presses. Was Suarez actually convicted because of negrito? I didn't follow the drama and heard negrito was used but I always thought that he must have said something else because I find it impossible to believe Suarez got that big of a ban because of negrito... That's like banning someone for bro or dude because of the lack of respect...
8 match ban.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Really? 8 match ban for negrito? Laughing

The English FA :facepalm:
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2