pUsHa
Yuri Yukuv
dmize
Ali
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you against Capital Punishment?

Are you against Capital Punishment? Vote_lcap65%Are you against Capital Punishment? Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 15 ]
Are you against Capital Punishment? Vote_lcap30%Are you against Capital Punishment? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]
Are you against Capital Punishment? Vote_lcap4%Are you against Capital Punishment? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 23

Are you against Capital Punishment? Empty Are you against Capital Punishment?

Post by Ali Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:12 pm

IMO , the death penalty is completely immorale, how can you punish someone by doing the exact same thing he did ?! Life is not yours to give, neither is it yours to take. Capital punishment is tantamount to a repudiation of the divine nature of man. On what principles of religion or philosophy can we justify the policy of depriving a human being like ourselves of all possibility of reform? If we profess to revere a God of mercy and justice, and if we ourselves supplicate and rely on that divine mercy and justice, how can we reconcile it with our duty, as men created in the divine image, to dismiss thus roughly a fellow human being from our midst and send him into the presence of the Deity whom we have outraged? Surely it is our duty and our privilege to be the agents of divine justice and mercy, and to exert to the utmost our god-given powers in the endeavor to assist our fallen brother to his feet.Punishment is supposed to be for the protection of society, and for the reformation of the wrongdoer. It purports to protect society by preventing the same criminals from repeating their crimes, and by acting as a deterrent to other prospective criminals. Capital punishment is a notorious failure in these respects. It does indeed remove the particular culprit from the possibility of repeating his crime; but this is of very small account in view of the fact that murder is seldom a career of repeated acts, but consists of single acts perpetrated by different individuals. The man whom we remove from the scene, therefore, is not the man who, if suffered to live, would have been likely to endanger our safety.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Are you against Capital Punishment? Empty Re: Are you against Capital Punishment?

Post by dmize Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:15 pm

No I am not. I would go into more detail but the 2nd half of Brazil and Venezuela is starting :coffee:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Are you against Capital Punishment? Empty Re: Are you against Capital Punishment?

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Im pro-capital punishment to be honest.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 pm

I'd rather make the person suffer so much that he/she will beg you to kill them .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:40 pm

I used to be pro a few years ago, but I realized that such punishment doesn't solve or deter crime, so I changed my viewpoints on this matter. Plus I'm more of a leftist now. Countries with no capital punishment actually have lower homicide rates for example. I agree with you completely, ali.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:17 pm

I agree, there's just no reason to do it.
Also, no judical system has zero innocents wrongly convicted, that alone makes capital punishment a bad idea.

I'm not opposed in theory, though, if we only convicted the guilty, and only used it in first degree murder convictions, I'd be fine with it.

But tbh, it's just no use. Countries without it have lower crime rates, it doesn't deter sh*t, and it isn't just either. No reason to do it, so why bother. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:31 pm

I'm pro capital punishment.

Any sicko who rapes and then murders an innocent child deserves to have the most painful death ever. I would even welcome medievel tortures for Paedophiles.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:53 pm

It's an extremely difficult choice.

You have to think of it from an economical point of view. In the USA, it cost us around 80 k per year to keep ONE inmate in person. Some countries don't have that much money, so hanging a criminal would be a better option.

The other issue, many people have been proven innocent even after they have been punished for a crime they didn't commit.

Anyone every watch the brazilian movie "City of God"?, They throw all the criminals in one area, The avg life expectancy was 18 years old. The city gets taken over by gangs. Killing is pretty normal there. It's a good movie.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I'm pro capital punishment.

Any sicko who rapes and then murders an innocent child deserves to have the most painful death ever. I would even welcome medievel tortures for Paedophiles.

lol @ you getting neg repped for this. Obviously we have a pedo on the forum.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:I'm pro capital punishment.

You DO know that capital punishment is NOT just for Pedophiles right?

Messi wrote:It's an extremely difficult choice.

You have to think of it from an economical point of view. In the USA, it cost us around 80 k per year to keep ONE inmate in person. Some countries don't have that much money, so hanging a criminal would be a better option.

The other issue, many people have been proven innocent even after they have been punished for a crime they didn't commit.

Anyone every watch the brazilian movie "City of God"?, They throw all the criminals in one area, The avg life expectancy was 18 years old. The city gets taken over by gangs. Killing is pretty normal there. It's a good movie.

We are not looking at it from an economical point of view because it would neglect humanity and morality . I want to watch that movie !
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Capital punishment, namely executions, is barbaric and archaic.

We are a far more advanced society than we were a century ago, when capital punishment was the unquestioned norm.

For all our ingenuity and technology and just plain logical reasoning. We should be able to put our heads together and figure out a way to exact punishment on a criminal and attempt to redeem them WITHOUT killing them.

Now some of the executed usually are unrepentant monsters. They lack sympathy and empathy for the lives they've taken and destroyed. It's human nature to want them dead for that, but it's also human nature to value human life.

No one person or institution should be able to have power over life and death. I believe that decision lies with the person and them alone.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:46 am

I am very much against capital punishment. I agree with McLewis that it is a barbaric solution to what are often complex problems.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:26 am

just like incarceration the death penalty has no deterrent effect, so why have it?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Loshijosdequien Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:41 am

Ali you should watch it great movie!
Messi: its one of my favorites Very Happy
Loshijosdequien
Loshijosdequien
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:29 am

Haha , I'll def. be buying it on DVD tonight! Is it in Portuguese ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Well, I'm 70/30 in saying I'm against it.

On one hand, you could kill an innocent person (there's a lot more against, that's just my "main" reason), on the other, there's rapists out there molesting little kids. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:44 pm

let me ask you guys a question????

how did you feel when you hear Bin Laden died? were you happy or not? i wasn't....because he was human and we shouldn't be happy when someone died....but a majority of people were.....

doesn't that show that most people do accept CP

did you see how people in US were celebrating.....like it was the 4th of July there......

Last edited by imalegend on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Messi wrote:It's an extremely difficult choice.

if you want to talk about economical.... CP costs alot more.....Most countries don't hang..... it costs almost 2mil per person for CP in US....due to all the trials and other issues.....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:54 pm

imalegend wrote:let me ask you guys a question????

how did you feel when you hear Bin Laden died? were you happy or not? i wasn't....because he was human and we shouldn't be happy when someone died....but a majority of people were.....

did you see how people in US were celebrating.....like it was the 4th of July there......

Yeah that was pretty embarassing, for all of the Western World, pretty much. Would've preferred if he had stood trial. There was enough evidence anyway, but TBH I really do believe that he wasn't executed, but resisted and died in the resulting fire fight. But I might be naive here. silent
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:56 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

Yeah that was pretty embarassing, for all of the Western World, pretty much. Would've preferred if he had stood trial. There was enough evidence anyway, but TBH I really do believe that he wasn't executed, but resisted and died in the resulting fire fight. But I might be naive here. silent
doesn't really matter how he died but the way his death was celebrated.....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I agree, there's just no reason to do it.
Also, no judical system has zero innocents wrongly convicted, that alone makes capital punishment a bad idea.

I'm not opposed in theory, though, if we only convicted the guilty, and only used it in first degree murder convictions, I'd be fine with it.

But tbh, it's just no use. Countries without it have lower crime rates, it doesn't deter sh*t, and it isn't just either. No reason to do it, so why bother. :coffee:

I think the only countries that would be able to get away with having no-capital punishment are more orderly ones anyways. Its not like we have the central african republic applying no capital punishment and then suddenly homicide rates sink. Just sayin
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 pm

The reason it was celebrated so much is because 9/11 has been built up as pretty much the worst thing to happen ever by the US media. Osama had been painted as the antichrist, and the media almost made it seem like killing him would somehow stop all war and let everybody live happily ever after. History has taught us that whenever people are bombarded with hateful propaganda, they tend to lose their civility.

It has been blown so far out of proportion that even though I live in Canada, we still had to have a moment of silence every September 11th from when I was in grade school to when I finished high school! Don't get me wrong, it was an awful event and Osama went to terrible extremes, but I don't think everybody realizes that the main threat to global security is not Osama...

I will say no more because this is not what this thread is about, but here is a song by Jon Lajoie which mocks the reaction that Osama's death was met with:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Whats the main threat to global security eman?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:21 pm

I said I wasn't going to discuss that Smile
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:23 pm

Cmon now, this is the internets!

Sharing knowledge would be great. I would really like to know your viewpoint.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum