Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol?

+14
worms
tonykross
eelir
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
windkick
Donuts
CBarca
The Sanchez
gondov
RealGunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
free_cat
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rate Pedro's game.

Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol?

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Cuenca is maybe better at dribbling and crossing/final pass. Pretty much everything else Pedro is better at so I don't see why Cuenca would be an auto upgrade without goals.

Better at staying wide as well. I can see where you're right, but what has Pedro mostly been doing this season? The majority of the time he's been out wide dribbling and trying to make the final pass (which is why he has more assists this season). Occasionally he makes a run inside and gets a shot off, but that's been much more rare this season than in seasons past.

I'm serious when I say you put Cuenca in at RW and he could do just as well as Pedro has this season minus the goals, and Pedro doesn't have that many of those anyway.

Still, I agree last season was Pedro's worst. I think he's done OK this season. Still not the vintage Pedro we know and love.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you agree that Pedro had an excellent game vs espanyol?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:07 pm

free_cat wrote:Sorry, you are very wrong. Worst season of his life was last season, he is playing way better.
Not worth reading you post, dunnow why so biased against him.

Alexis more effective... lol.

I'm sorry mate but you can't accuse any one of bias....

Pedro has been crap in the main and got many more minutes to prove himself unlike Villa, Tello, Alexis etc etc you can't really make the comparison when Pedro plays like every game and the others have minutes here and there.

What LM says isn't that funny anyway, for the majority of the season Alexis has been effective in the little minutes he has been allowed.

Apart from the last game Pedro has offered nothing and don't come back with work rate and link up excuses because practically every Barca wide player offers that.

The difference? Pedro came through La Masia and thus will be defended even if he does nothing for a decade.... while one bad game from an outsider and he will be lambasted.

BTW in La Liga Alexis has one less assist than Pedro despite Pedro getting the Messi treatment of never being dropped or subbed and Alexis not even starting half the games.

But then again you think Montoya has been better than Alves so i'm probably wasting my time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 pm

It's funny how people who then argues statistics are not everything like you then only talks about them. Pedro's game is more than goals or assists, and even at that he hasn't been bad at 0, 64 per game.
Anyway, I don't like using this tone, but if you say Pedro has been crap, either you don't watch our games, don't pay atention or just care about goals.

I don't think Montoya is better than alves, don't make up stuff, but alves has been our worst full back this season so far. Playing will the last two matches though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Sanchez has been effective in the minutes he has played? Heh. Sanchez has been shit every time he's got onto the pitch.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

bazinga wrote:Sanchez has been effective in the minutes he has played? Heh. Sanchez has been shit every time he's got onto the pitch.

More effective than Pedro has, but besides they have both been shite well not shite but a club of Barca's stature should expect more.

Only difference being Pedro has had far too many opportunities his performances are not deserving of.

The mere fact a midfielder has been your 2nd best forward should say enough Laughing

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:25 pm

bazinga wrote:Sanchez has been effective in the minutes he has played? Heh. Sanchez has been shit every time he's got onto the pitch.

That is certaintly not true.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:22 am

Well 'every minute on the pitch' may not be true because he's been good in parts but generally Alexis has been garbage. Come on.

Lets not be spoilt. None of our players are absolute shite, they'd do we'll in many teams.

However right now, they aren't good enough.

Pedro's been our best IMO and hasn't been crap at all. His game isn't only goals... Villa has been good at times and looked dangerous but hasn't got consistent time. Of course, part of the reason is Pedro has the most time, bit still he's been the best of them.

I'd go Pedro- 6.5, Villa 6, Alexis-5, Tello-6
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 am

Am I the only one who agrees with moal that Alexis has at least been pretty comparable to Pedro during the time in which he's had to play?

I might not go so far to say he's been as good, but it's mighty close.

Alexis was woefully average last season but he's improved this season and I think he's been almost as good as Pedro, he just hasn't gotten the minutes. Although tbf I think if he got the minutes he'd just prove himself not as capable as Pedro anyway, but it's a bit unfair not to give him a chance, it's not like Pedro is impressing anybody.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 am

I would say Alexis was almost as good as Pedro if he did not dive that much and loose all the possession when he could have just fought for the ball. Almost every time when there is a 50/50 chance he looses the ball hi goes down like a little c.u.n.t.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 am

I can't see how someone can say Alexis improved this season. Last season he was average, but he had very good moments like the supercup, his game at the Bernabeu in the league., his game vs. Betis and the spark he gave us vs. Madrid in the last clasico.

This season he had.... a tap in vs. Benfica?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:53 pm

free_cat wrote:I can't see how someone can say Alexis improved this season. Last season he was average, but he had very good moments like the supercup, his game at the Bernabeu in the league., his game vs. Betis and the spark he gave us vs. Madrid in the last clasico.

Now your doing what you claim mole was, only looking at goals.

Alexis hasnt been good at all, but I think you know he has done more than that this season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:02 pm

I would give him a rating of 8 for the game.
In general,especially early on in the season I think Pedro was good.
But he needs to score more goals.Needs to chip in with atleast 15 goals this season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:I can't see how someone can say Alexis improved this season. Last season he was average, but he had very good moments like the supercup, his game at the Bernabeu in the league., his game vs. Betis and the spark he gave us vs. Madrid in the last clasico.

Now your doing what you claim mole was, only looking at goals.

Alexis hasnt been good at all, but I think you know he has done more than that this season.

No, I really can't remember anything else worth it from alexis, he was ok in a couple of games recently and vs Madrid at home, but not good like he was in some games last season (in general average).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

There have been like 4-5 good games from him this season, if not full games it was because he came off the bench.

I dont disagree too much with your point overall but I dont agree with the "he has been bad in every game" type of comment.

Mascherano, he has been bad in nearly every game...Alexis no.

Most games he did nothing, 4-5 he had good games, and a couple he was very bad.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Don't see why people are criticizing the fact that Pedro is almost never dropped. Most people on this forum agree that Alexis is ineffective on the right, and is much better on the left or centrally, and Tito seems to subscribe to this idea. Villa plays on the left. Tello plays predominantly on the left. Cuenca was injured the first half of the season. Who else do we have to play on the right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I wouldnt criticise Pedro not being dropped, but I do think he is given a freedom others dont have. Fairly or unfairly I dont know.

There have been the odd game here or there where Alexis was better than Pedro, but Alexis still came off first.

Anyway, I would like to see Adriano play on the right, or even Thiago.

I think both could do it depending on what the game requires.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 am

For the record while I do think Alexis hasn't been as bad as some people here say, I do NOT endorse putting him on the right instead of Pedro. They are separate topics of conversation. Alexis would be just as bad if not worse than Pedro has been on the right.

I still highly support the idea seeing Cuenca out on the right more often. Please give him some time Tito.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum