juventus101
RedOranje
Onyx
54 posters

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

FIFA 13 Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: FIFA 13 Thread

Post by Eman Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:56 am

I am currently playing as the manager of Cardiff City and my team is just pure class. I have the best defence, midfield, and attack in the league, as well as every Welsh player over an 80 rating except for Allen. I won the EPL last season and the Europa league the year before that. The year before that, I was in the championship ffs. The best part? I never used a single cheat or required a foreign investor. I built my team like a phoenix from the ashes around a group of young free agents that blossomed into superstars very quickly and were mostly bought for 20-40 million each. Prior to Cardiff, I conquered the Eredivisie with FC Twente, led Switzerland to the semi-finals of the European Championship, managed Toronto FC into the greatest MLS team ever (only team in the history of time with 4 U23 Canadian players all rated 80+), and of course brought New fecking Zealand to the quarter-finals of the world cup in there as well without replaying a single match if I lost.

Why do I say all of this? Because even right now, not a single fecking top club will let me be their manager. Arsenal finished 8th last season in my career and are currently in 12th with an abysmal team. Despite this, every time I apply, they tell me they are looking at 'other candidates.' The same thing happens with 10th place Roma in Serie A, as well as 13th place Leverkusen in the Bundesliga. Why the hell does the game just assume that since I'm managing Cardiff, I'm automatically a shit manager? It doesn't even take into account how epicly successful I've been or how my team shits all over every other team in the game at this stage of career mode.

In fairness, I gave up the chances to manage Chelsea, Spurs, and Man City when they offered me jobs, but it looks like I'll never be able to join a top club until I accept an offer from another historically 'top' club I have no interest in managing and use them as a stepping stone Mad

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:05 am

I feel ya, Eman.

I think after a certain amount of time you should be able to go to basically any club you wish. I remember playing Complteting manager mode on fifa 10, I think, I went all over Europe but never got an offer to manage in France which drove me crazy because it was the only top league I didn't win. If I had the choice to go anywhere, I would have gone there.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Would it not be better to start a completely new save for a new team? I usually do a career mode save and stick to that team forever. Unless of course you just want a challenge where you pick a small team in hope of getting a job offer from bigger clubs?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:24 pm

They need major overhauls in gameplay ffs. I'm sick to death of dominating people online only to have my defenders unexplainably high up the pitch leaving me 2 easy passes away from them getting a 2 on 1 with my goalkeeper.

If I go ultra-attacking it happens, if I play defensive it happens too. I get punished for being better than the other guy.

Also, today I lost a goal because I tackled somebody, the ball was at my feet and the guy I tackled was on the floor. Despite my best attempts, the guy I had the ball with jumped over the guy on the deck and left the ball for his striker to pick up.

Also, I cleared the ball in my own box, my own uncontrolled player dives in the way of it, and both players end up kicking each other to the floor. Again, guy runs up and scores.

I dominated division 1 and I've won it on UT 8/10 times and for the first 3 times I had a full cagliarli team ffs Laughing

But the game rewards pace and overly defensive football. If you play possession football then you're practically begging to be countered.

Game mechanics need major work. Counter attacking is too easy, defences push up too much because you have the ball in his half.

Not to mention the general failings of the impact engine. They improve off the ball collisions only to make it nearly impossible to make a tactical/professional foul. If you're just about in slide tackle distance against somebody and you try to stop them, you just go through them. Also, sometimes when I tackle somebody the ball amazingly goes back to them 3 times or swerves straight to an opposition players feet. Broken, broken game.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeh, they need to fix the impact engine. So when you tackle someone, you tackle them, not run into your teammate giving the the player you tackled a 1v1 etc.

Also the lob through ball needs to be nerfed, the pace of the game needs to slow down and pace/speed needs to be nerfed.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:39 pm

The refs need to be fixed as well. Giving penalties for no reason, poor offside calls, giving fouls for when you clearly won the ball, not giving a foul for those pacey 5ft2 pros ripping the defenders shirt off and ending up 1v1, advantage rule problems etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Both of those posts I couldn't *bleep* agree with more. It's all a joke I could write paragraphs on each of those problems.

I'd love the temp of FIFA to be reduced. It's so unrealistic having 90 minute matches of end to end football. And when I say end to end I mean no build up play. Just pace to wing, or through ball.

If they don't want to nerf through balls then they need to improve defensive positioning tenfold.

As for the pace issue it's like something out of an arcade.

EA: "Oh look you're 5 foot 2, here's quicker reactions and shots, better dribbling, better pace, better jumping, more reffereeing decisions and unrealistic ball control.

And don't worry about being muscled off of the ball, even if you don't go down it's a penalty for you my good sir."

Pace might have been slightly less important than on FIFA 12 like EA said. But it's still easily the most important stat for anybody bar the GK and possible CM.

EA must realise that pace is too useful. All you need to do is look on Ultimate team where people pay 15-40k for a player with literally nothing BUT pace.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Managed to finish 6th in my second season with Swansea. Disappointing, as I was far too inconsistent. Beat the top teams many times, but lost valuable points to some of the real ordinary teams.

Deulofeu finished with the golden boot with 20 goals. Ibarbo second with 19 goals and Mattia Perin, my goalkeeper, received EPL Player of the Year.

Speaks volumes of my defence lol... Just really can't do too well against Legendary attack... Get skinned left, right and centre.

Transfers:

-Exercised 6m option to buy Oliver Torres, and negotiated to make Muniesa's stay permanent for 6m.

-Recieved a 28m bid for Ibarbo, countered with 47m, and they accepted. Kind of regret selling him now as he was wonderful and my board was disgustingly tight yet again and only gave me 26m of that to work with.

-Sold Michu for 7m.

-Bought Hugo Mallo from Celta for 6m + Chico Flores.

-Bought Frederico Carraro (looks very promising) for 8m + Pablo Hernandez.

-Bought Aubameyang for 26m.

Team:

Experimenting with formations at the moment... Want to fix my defence and I've had varied success with a few things. 3-4-3 diamond, 4-2-3-1, 5-3-2 to close out games and my old 4-3-3.

Standard 4-3-3--

Perin 79

Mallo 78 - Bartra 80 - Williams 79 - Taylor 78

Wanyama 79
Sergi Roberto 80 Oliver Torres 76

Carraro 78 Aubameyang 83 Deulofeu 79

Bench:
Rabiot (DM) 71
Jese (LW) 78
Rogic (CM) 71
El Arabi (CF) 75
Rojas (RW) 71
Muniesa (CB/LB) 75
Naughton (RB/LB) 78
Byram (RB) 71
Bartley (CB) 75
Galekovic (GK) 67

Very impressed by Neill Taylor... if you're looking for a cheap left back... he's come along in leaps and bounds for me. Scored a cracker cutting in off the left against Manchester United.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Nice to see i'm not the only one who starts a career mode on semi-pro/pro and takes any team to the CL and wins it every year :bow:

there's no fun in that. At the moment i'm with notts county. I invested all of my money in youth and intend to have a team of U-21's. I scout most of them and i'll sell some on for funds.

Half way in the season i'm 5th with a game in hand which can take me to 4th. I want to make the Div 1 play-offs and qualify from there.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Its a lot more challenging and rewarding, but takes outrageous patience... and Legendary is certainly f***ing hard when you are playing with kids vs Man United. As talented as my kids are, they're still not Wayne Rooney, Cazorla, Mata etc... all 89ish...

Very frustrating sometimes and running out of patience.

Issued a plea for more money and promised EPL... they only gave me 3m (pretty much useless) when I wanted 10m.

Make or break season.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:19 pm

rofl tell me about it.

My average overall is about 58 and I got Everton in the cup. I created next to nothing and got 2-0'd.

I feel your budget pain, my scout is worth more than my team rofl

When I get to the Prem I'll probably buy one player in attack I can count on, and a good GK which are normally cheap in career mode. Aside from that it's scouted players and charity loans from serie A Laughing

Pogba came on a loan, as did Marrone :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Boilesen on career mode. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Kick wrote:I feel ya, Eman.

I think after a certain amount of time you should be able to go to basically any club you wish. I remember playing Complteting manager mode on fifa 10, I think, I went all over Europe but never got an offer to manage in France which drove me crazy because it was the only top league I didn't win. If I had the choice to go anywhere, I would have gone there.
Yeah, and there's also always just 2-4 teams that are looking for a manager in the entire world. I don't think it's even possible to join a considerably worse team once you've managed a world class team, unless of course you purposely lose games so you get fired, something I've considered doing in the past but never done Laughing
Yohan Modric wrote:Would it not be better to start a completely new save for a new team? I usually do a career mode save and stick to that team forever. Unless of course you just want a challenge where you pick a small team in hope of getting a job offer from bigger clubs?
Yeah I like to work my way up. I enjoy building bad teams into good teams and then moving on to the teams that are actually good in real life like it's an actual realistic career.

I once made AFC Wimbledon into a team that was fighting for the EPL title, only to have my game freeze every time I tried to play the next game on the schedule. I told myself I would never play manager mode again after that :whistle:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 pm

That reminds me of another major issue, the game is bugged in so many ways.

There is no way to give your online virtual pro Adidas World cup boots. They're there, you see them but you can't unlock them.

If you loan a player in with an option to buy then you go to a new club, you will still get an e-mail asking you if you want to excercise your right to buy. If you open that e-mail your console freezes up rofl

I could list plenty of bugs we all know and hate.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 pm

In terms of career mode, they need to fix the bugs and make it more interesting.

After a while, the save that you're playing playing gets boring and you just want to get to the transfer window. Every game starts to feel the same.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

If you are manager of a non-European national team, do you do anything but play International Friendlies lol?

When I was Belgium manager we had WCQ etc, but I've been USA manager for a year and yet to do anything but friendlies
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:29 am

Winter 2014 window:

Out:
Isco - 45m
Griezmann - 32.4m

In:
Coutinho - 25.5m
James Rodriguez - 30m

Here's how I'm lining up ATM:

Guaita (83)
Mbaye (72) Ranocchia (86) JuanJesus (81) JoelObi (78)
Kovacic (81) Gonalons (83) Kroos (86)
J.Rodriguez (85) Longo (78) Coutinho (81)

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 am

Not bad, do you not get pissed trying to buy players from serie A? Every fkn club lists every other club as a rival and is unwilling to do business with you. rofl

It's fine if i'm Juve but not when i'm Genoa or the likes.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 am

Career mode still seems to have big players moving too often. Aguero, Ozil, Benzema etc always seem to be moving clubs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:54 am

Still love my career

sold Santi for 35m, bought Benzema for 23m Proud
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:56 am

Benzema on FIFA is overpowered. :bow:

He has a hidden stat that allows him to intercept passes easily. Even though his interceptions stat is probably 20 or something, on seasons he always seems to intercept. Same with Ronaldo. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:56 am

Ronaldo is a better defender than Vermaelen in the game
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:06 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Not bad, do you not get pissed trying to buy players from serie A? Every fkn club lists every other club as a rival and is unwilling to do business with you. rofl

It's fine if i'm Juve but not when i'm Genoa or the likes.

Never had that problem because there is no one worth buying in Mehrie A :I'munoriginal:

RealGunner wrote:Ronaldo is a better defender than Vermaelen in the game

...and in real life :I'munoriginal:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 am

Still can't believe Coentrao went down to 80. Laughing :facepalm:

Also Arbeloa to 79. Callejon from 79 to 76. :facepalm:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:07 am

Computer managed Inter normally buy Muriel and help him grow to a top player.

Pick up your game son No
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:11 am

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Computer managed Inter normally buy Muriel and help him grow to a top player.

Pick up your game son No

I already have Longo and Lukaku hmm

Actually Lukaku trying to force his way out now because Longo gets all the playing time
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next