Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave.

+38
michael1
Doc
leemhuis
MarkForrest17
Zealous
Arquitecto
El Chelsea Fuerte
Dnmac4
Sushi Master
xabi
Magricos
Grande_Milano
EarlyPrototype
Interista809
Iceman
tsgooner1
Eman
Vibe
Onyx
Raptorgunner
lenear1030
BeautifulGame
M99
wigglesworth
RED
Jay29
Mr Nick09
Red Alert
Abramovich
pdolson
RealGunner
Spider
uzonero
djoe26
Ali
Lex
Busby Babe
Guiltybystander
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave.

Post by Magricos Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:35 pm

:lol!: I smell Europa League.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave. - Page 3 Empty Re: Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave.

Post by Lex Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 pm

I know the concept of loyalty outside of a binding contract is a foreign subject to most people on here, but RVP is Arsenal through and through. He isn't some badge kissing hypocrite or some "only God knows" character. He's had plenty of chances to leave before and has turned them down.

Media can speculate and blow things out of proportion all they want
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Only a matter of time Twisted Evil
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Lex wrote:I know the concept of loyalty outside of a binding contract is a foreign subject to most people on here, but RVP is Arsenal through and through. He isn't some badge kissing hypocrite or some "only God knows" character. He's had plenty of chances to leave before and has turned them down.

he is prolly leaving next year.

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Prolly

But prolly not
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:09 pm

The media is on their "let's all hate on Arsenal" period. This is all BS.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:14 pm

"I want to focus on the here and now" has turned into "RVP on his way out of Arsenal"

:facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Lex wrote:"I want to focus on the here and now" has turned into "RVP on his way out of Arsenal"

:facepalm:

That's what Nasri said Rolling Eyes
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:18 pm

RVP isn't Nasri
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Lex wrote:I know the concept of loyalty outside of a binding contract is a foreign subject to most people on here, but RVP is Arsenal through and through. He isn't some badge kissing hypocrite or some "only God knows" character. He's had plenty of chances to leave before and has turned them down.

If he is that loyal he wont be delaying to renew his contract despite him entering the last 18 months.Either that or Arsenal management is just inept not to offer their best player a new contract which i very much doubt after what happened with Nasri
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Of course he is going to leave. Unless Arsenal up there pay scale he is as good as gone. He spent 7 years at Arsenal and for his last contract he will want to make as much money as possible.

He's not going to stay for half the money someone else would pay him and neither would you or I.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm

tsgooner1 wrote:kk, no one is leaving except maybe clichy. This is all media bull. What nasri is doing is, he wants to stay, but is trying to get wenger to sign players to improve the squad. Hes pretty much using the contract dispute as a way to get his point across to the board. And as Eman said, RVP recently said he wants to play his career out at Arsenal. We all know the Cesc situation, Barca wont pay, plus recently he said that he wants to stay and win trophies with arsenal first and then he will decide.

Wow, I would stop looking into that crystal ball and get a new one??
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Of course he is going to leave. Unless Arsenal up there pay scale he is as good as gone. He spent 7 years at Arsenal and for his last contract he will want to make as much money as possible.

He's not going to stay for half the money someone else would pay him and neither would you or I.

Agree with that, I hope we offer him 150k at least.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Arsenal do need to up their pay scale in order to attract and keep their good players otherwise the big clubs will keep stealing them.

Plus they aren't a competitive side so that aspect even becomes more important.

But then again if they did up their pay scale then they would eventually become a competitive side. It's all related.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Dutch media are the ones who reported that Suarez is 100% staying at Ajax while he was actually chowing down scouse at melwood
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Fair enough Arsenal fans feel that RVP is committed to Arsenal football club but guys let's be honest.

You don't think that the idea hasn't crossed Robin's mind for even a second?

It's not like London is RVP's home town or anything either. Sooner or later a player will come at a point where he'll have to choose what's best for him.

There are loads of examples where players who do decide to leave go on to bigger and better things. (Henry is a great example)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:47 am

Look at what ONE statement has created. All RVP said was that he wants to focus on the here and now because he doesn't want to be distracted with talks of contracts and suddenly, we have Chelsea and Madrid fan already pre ordering their RVP shirts :facepalm:

The spiritual entity known as "the media" is constantly slammed on here for twisting words and fabricating stories, yet looking in this thread, the exact same thing has gone on without remorse. RVP has stated plenty of times that he cannot picture himself at any other club and that Arsenal is where he belongs. It's a little different to Ronaldo's "God knows" speech and Fabregas' constant hiding behind Xavi and co.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:58 am

I get what you're saying and frankly I agree. I don't really buy what the media is farting out atm.

I was mostly speaking in general. You really don't believe the thought hasn't crossed his mind at some stage? What with all of his more talented team mates moving on?

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:16 am

I don't think he'll leave.. because honestly I don't think he just wants to win to me it seems like he either wants to win with arsenal or not at all.. Everyone can take the easy way out and join a good team and win but I don't think that is how he wants to do it. I mean arsenal is only like 1 or 2 actually quality purchases and a few players coming back from injury to being right back where they were...
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 am

Arsenal have been "1 or 2 actual quality purchases" away from success 5 years ago.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:35 am

I think Wenger is no long a manager that player want. Van Persie is 28 he want to win something. With Arsenal he win less than with our national team. LOL
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:38 am

Zealous wrote:Arsenal have been "1 or 2 actual quality purchases" away from success 5 years ago.
I didn't say from winning the premier league, I meant back to a competitive cl team, and not getting stomped on 8-2 or scoring two own goals in one game
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:43 am

Zealous wrote:What with all of his more talented team mates moving on?
I'm sure you worded that wrong because i couldn't pick the more talented one out of RVP and Cesc and i think we can both agree that RVP is more talented than Nasri

As for the thought crossing his mind, sure. He's human after all. But at the same time, he doesn't have anyone stalking him (Cesc) and he isn't a prostitute (Nasri) He's probably one of the few loyal players left in the game

Besides, given that this is probably one of the busiest times in the club's history, surely he can say he'd rather wait until the summer when things aren't as hectic to negotiate his contract and have some truth to it? Is it that farfetched?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 am

Lex wrote:
Zealous wrote:What with all of his more talented team mates moving on?
I'm sure you worded that wrong because i couldn't pick the more talented one out of RVP and Cesc and i think we can both agree that RVP is more talented than Nasri

As for the thought crossing his mind, sure. He's human after all. But at the same time, he doesn't have anyone stalking him (Cesc) and he isn't a prostitute (Nasri) He's probably one of the few loyal players left in the game

Besides, given that this is probably one of the busiest times in the club's history, surely he can say he'd rather wait until the summer when things aren't as hectic to negotiate his contract and have some truth to it? Is it that farfetched?

You misunderstood. What I meant was that the players that have left Arsenal were some of the more talented ones on the Arsenal squad. (Not Just Cesc or Nasri but Henry as well). Wasn't comparing them to RVP.

As for the rest of the post I never said the rumours were true or that RVP is indeed thinking about his future at this very second. I was just putting forward the idea that maybe RVP has entertained the notion of moving on at some point in time.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:51 am

First off, the only issue I have with Arsenal and RvP is that they (Wenger) should have made him captain instead of Cesc. As for Robin leaving, the man hasn't shown any indication of wanting to leave and I personally think he doesn't really want to leave. He probably wants to be paid more according to his talents but that's about it.

He is, in fact, Arsenal through and through...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:08 am

Lex wrote:Look at what ONE statement has created. All RVP said was that he wants to focus on the here and now because he doesn't want to be distracted with talks of contracts and suddenly, we have Chelsea and Madrid fan already pre ordering their RVP shirts :facepalm:

The spiritual entity known as "the media" is constantly slammed on here for twisting words and fabricating stories, yet looking in this thread, the exact same thing has gone on without remorse. RVP has stated plenty of times that he cannot picture himself at any other club and that Arsenal is where he belongs. It's a little different to Ronaldo's "God knows" speech and Fabregas' constant hiding behind Xavi and co.

Just like how Faby and Nasri were supposed to stay?

Van Persie has a good chance of leaving if you finish trophyless yet again. He either wants trophies or big money, if you can't give either well then he's off like Fab, Nasri, Cole, etc (most players want both anyways, but we'll just keep things simple for you).

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next