Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave.

+38
michael1
Doc
leemhuis
MarkForrest17
Zealous
Arquitecto
El Chelsea Fuerte
Dnmac4
Sushi Master
xabi
Magricos
Grande_Milano
EarlyPrototype
Interista809
Iceman
tsgooner1
Eman
Vibe
Onyx
Raptorgunner
lenear1030
BeautifulGame
M99
wigglesworth
RED
Jay29
Mr Nick09
Red Alert
Abramovich
pdolson
RealGunner
Spider
uzonero
djoe26
Ali
Lex
Busby Babe
Guiltybystander
42 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave. Empty Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave.

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:19 am

Robin van Persie twijfelt over zijn toekomst bij Arsenal. De aanvaller ziet ploeggenoten Gaël Clichy, Fabregas en Samir Nasri in verband worden gebracht met een vertrek uit Londen, terwijl manager Arsène Wenger zelf nalaat de spelersgroep te versterken. Van Persie heeft daarop gedreigd een transferverzoek in te dienen, als zijn club geen actie onderneemt op de transfermarkt.

Translation:

Robin van Persie is unsure about his future at Arsenal. The attacker sees his teammates Gaël Clichy, Fabregas and Samir Nasri being rumoured to leave London, while coach Arsene Wenger neglects to strengthen his squad. Van Persie has threatened to hand in a transfer request, if his club doesn't take any action on the transfer market soon.

I've read this in many different places, pretty reputable ones too.

Uh oh. This could be the end of Arsenal/Wenger for the next couple of years.
Very sad if true.

EDIT: English source (pretty crappy, but alas): http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/198934/Robin-van-Persie-wants-out-of-Arsenal/

EDIT: Unrelated, but this gif deserves more recognition:

Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave. Trickykickp1

Last edited by Guiltybystander on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave. Empty Re: Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave.

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:23 am

I don't think this is true.

He's probably one of the least likely to leave. He's a gunner through and through.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave. Empty Re: Dutch media report that Van Persie wants to leave.

Post by Lex Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:24 am

Arsene Wenger will leave before RVP does
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:26 am

True, but he wants to have some gold to show for his talents, and it is unlikely that will happen after such a massive exodus of important players.

Van Persie wants to stay if Wenger finally buys some big names. I can understand his frustration if he AGAIN has to go seasons more of rebuilding the team.
He isn't that young anymore.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:32 am

LOL this is getting out of hand
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:39 am

100% BS
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 am

Any sane person should be worried about the trophy drought at arsenal and the management are by no means helping matters
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 am

Well if Arsenal can't win throphies with Nasri, Fabregas and Clichy, whats going to happen when they all decide to leave?

If I were RVP I would be jumping ship too because for some incomprehensible reason Wenger refuses to invest in the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:03 am

Fukc all the papers / Media / ” Source inside the club "/ EVERYTHING !!!!

What the hell do they want from Arsenal !!!!

1st Cesc then Nasri then Clichy NOW RVP !! Whats next? Almunia wants to leave because he is not ” Satisfied" with the club !?!?

Total BS Mad
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:09 am

he will retire at arsenal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pdolson Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:13 am

RIP arsenal

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:16 am

Spider wrote:Fukc all the papers / Media / ” Source inside the club "/ EVERYTHING !!!!

What the hell do they want from Arsenal !!!!

1st Cesc then Nasri then Clichy NOW RVP !! Whats next? Almunia wants to leave because he is not ” Satisfied" with the club !?!?

Total BS Mad

source inside the club = a reporter making up shit while being in the Emirates.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 am

pdolson wrote:RIP arsenal
You can only hope, so they don't tear AC Milan apart again
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 am

Poor souls 6+ years is a long time in anyone's footballing career don't blame any of them.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:21 am

Yeah you wish
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by pdolson Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 am

Lex wrote:
You can only hope, so they don't tear AC Milan apart again

they never tore milan apart

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:24 am

He's in the same bracket as Cesc and Nasri at Arsenal. If all three leave, and Arsene doesn't strengthen, Arsenal is in a lot of trouble. Doubt this is true though. Isn't Gervinho going to Arsenal? Arsene will buy peeps. Window just opened...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:25 am

if i was RvP and i was seeing arshavin, nasri and cesc going, ill be bailing out myself.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by pdolson Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:29 am

Spider wrote:

Yeah you wish

not really, i enjoy their football. but it looks like they're screwed.

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:37 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:if i was RvP and i was seeing arshavin, nasri and cesc going, ill be bailing out myself.

Arshavin isn't leaving.

Bare in mind that nobody has actually left the club yet, and van Persie isn't going to do anything until something happens. Arsenal still have two months to strengthen the squad/sign replacements.

The situation is that van Persie has two years left on his contract and Arsenal are trying to negotiate an extension now rather than later. Regardless of whether the quotes were true or not, van Persie will most likely wait until players leave and players are bought in before comitting.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:if i was RvP and i was seeing arshavin, nasri and cesc going, ill be bailing out myself.

He sees Cesc leave every year though. Razz
Arshavin isn't that much of a blow. He only plays well against Liverpool. >.>"
Nasri won't go to United. Evil or Very Mad

Gervinho set to go to Arsenal.

He'll stay imo.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:39 am

Bergkamp, imo, is the best Dutch player after Cruyff. He is considered a great player, yes, but he never really got the recognition he deserves, because he never won that much. While Van Persie is by no means a Bergkamp (although he is an amazing player), he is aware of this, and doesn't want to see a similar path.

He is 27 now, so he realistically only has a couple of years left at the top flight. He wants some glory, I suppose.

I am an Arsenal fan, and I really wish them all the best, but if we see Nasri, Fabregas, etc. leaving, I simply don't believe Wenger will be able to replace all of them to build a succesful team again within 2 years. Unless he buys some big names.

Van Persie is a gunner, but I would not be surprised if he decides to leave if nothing changes and all the others leave. He could also use this as a method to pressure Wenger to do something, however.

Last edited by Guiltybystander on Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:41 am

By the way, I don't actually believe that van Persie wants to leave. He's had opportunities to leave in the past and he's turned them down in favour for us. This is probably just another case of the media deciding to stir shit up, since we're currently in a rather difficult situation. It's an easy story that will get people talking.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:42 am

yeah typical Madrid mentality/loyalty.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:45 am

Guiltybystander wrote:Bergkamp, imo, is the best Dutch player after Cruyff. He is considered a great player, yes, but he never really got the recognition he deserves, because he never won that much. While Van Persie is by no means a Bergkamp (although he is an amazing player), he is aware of this, and doesn't want to see a similar path.

He is 27 now, so he realistically only has a couple of years left at the top flight. He wants some glory, I suppose.

I am an Arsenal fan, and I really wish them all the best, but if we see Nasri, Fabregas, etc. leaving, I simply don't believe Wenger will be able to replace all of them to build a succesful team again within 2 years. Unless he buys some big names.

Van Persie is a gunner, but I would not be surprised if he decides to leave if nothing changes and all the others leave.

bro, Kolo = Vermaelen
Henry = Adebayor ( to some extent )
Adebayor = Van Persie

I'm ADAMANT , if Nasri leaves and Theo stays fit, thats the replacement right there, if anyone denies it , they haven't watched the first part of the season.

Gervinho is coming though so he could replace Nasri .

That would mean Wenger would make Walcott a striker ( If he didn't buy anyone ) and picture him reaching his maximum potential in his FAVORED position . We won more then enough games this year without Fab to prove that we can live without him .

This is all hypothetical, of course.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next