Die Borussen
Swanhends
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal fans, show us the way - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal fans, show us the way

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:When you first saw Riley was he with LA or the Heat?

Would be foolish to say Knicks since I remember very little of Pat during those times (used to watch with my father) but all in all it was Heat. When he retired? Miami lost a fan.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Sure, he sometimes did play that, he also played on the left.

However, when he did play down the center, he wasnt this intent on coming towards the ball and so infrequent in going away from it.

Just because he isnt what you might call, a traditional 9, doesnt mean he should be playing how he is.

Both Rooney and Ibra from what I seen overall their career's, score more "easy" goals than he does this season.

I dont put Benzema in the category with Ibra and Rooney, he has become something like them now, but in my opinion, this isnt what he should be, he has other attributes which he doesnt seem to be using. Ibra and Rooney dont have anything like the mobility and forward drive he has, but we rarely ever see it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Would be foolish to say Knicks since I remember very little of Pat during those times (used to watch with my father) but all in all it was Heat. When he retired? Miami lost a fan.

Forgot about the Knicks too.

So basically, you stuck with the Heat untill he went up stairs? Fair enough Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:Sure, he sometimes did play that, he also played on the left.

However, when he did play down the center, he wasnt this intent on coming towards the ball and so infrequent in going away from it.

Just because he isnt what you might call, a traditional 9, doesnt mean he should be playing how he is.

Both Rooney and Ibra from what I seen overall their career's, score more "easy" goals than he does this season.

I dont put Benzema in the category with Ibra and Rooney, he has become something like them now, but in my opinion, this isnt what he should be, he has other attributes which he doesnt seem to be using. Ibra and Rooney dont have anything like the mobility and forward drive he has, but we rarely ever see it.

I agree.

But I don't think it's feasible next to Ronaldo or while he's getting inconsistent playing time.

He would need to go somewhere else.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:33 pm

I just think Benzema is confused in Madrid. He was asked to play one way last year... and then he came into this year and he was told that it wasn't good enough. From what i heard, he approached Zidane and Zidane suggested that he play like he currently is.

As far as France NT, our midfield at the Euro was Diarra, Cabaye and Nasri. Nasri completely disappeared. Diarra can't pass or dribble. And obviously, Cabaye couldn't do it alone. Just absolutely no shape to that team. Right now, DD is going to play Benz with Giroud. That's the plan. It's going to be a 442 with Ribery and Valbuena flanking Cabaye and Matuidi in the middle. We'll see how it goes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm

tuddor wrote:rofl playing in Serie B with point deduction and looking hopeless at draws with Napoli and Genoa in that Serie B... And your players leaving one by one from Ibra to Cannavaro... Being happiest after Italy's world cup final and than suddenly, your team is relegated. No ucl football, no title hopes, no players want to join you and everyone making fun of your club... And than comes Conte!
THIS

By far alot worse then suddenly not challenging foe trophies anymore. Should be asking Juve fans how to cope :coffee:

IMO the best thing about supporting a football team is the emotions and some are bad, like watching your team lose. Be it horribly or unluckily. but it makes the game what it is., so dont despair.. it could be worse.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 pm

My only hope is that we keep the young and talented players and, if we're going to make moves, we'll move the older parts.

Obviously Mourinho is not managing well at all this year. The team lacks cohesion and leadership.

We lose in CDR this week and some big changes are going to happen, no doubt.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Benz isnt doing anything much wrong, he is still a great player and can be very productive. He just needs minor tweaks.

I think another coach would get more out of him honestly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Forgot about the Knicks too.

So basically, you stuck with the Heat untill he went up stairs? Fair enough Laughing

Truth be told I still follow Heat and reluctantly support them even at Pat left. I mean you watch a team so long you'd surely develop some love for them. When Riley became Heat President that is when I watched Heat with a bit of passion since the big Pat was essentially calling the shots. Its literally in my blood to support him. (Father)
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:59 pm

depends on how they treat your idol :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 am

Idiot wrote:
The Franchise wrote:"Who was Madrid before Mourinho"

I genuinely feel sorry for you for this.

care to enlighten me with your opposite opinion?

i hope you are aware that i was talking about the last decade or so before the arrival of mou,
la liga titles were not won in constant basis from madrid, same things as now.
regarding europe i dont need to talk right? if anything mou only improved that area,

so what has mou done worse from the previous ones? how the hell is he destroying madrid?
hence what the hell was madrid before mou that maked mister nick feel that mou was ruining it?

obviously you garbled my words. no worries

Oh wow, this is an easy one. They were one of the classiest organizations in World football who didn't lower the personal and professional standards for there players and coaches EVER.

Sure they fired good coaches even when they had good seasons.

But they would never ever sell the soul of there team to one man who has made them into a circus act.

Hitting other coaches blaming everyone from the refs, UEFA, other La Liga coaches for losing games, other internal employee's at Madrid who had done there job professionally and did nothing but disagree with this maniac, not full filling his job duties and refusing to do press conference's because he couldn't act like an adult and basically splitting the entire organization apart who no matter how they played in the past were pretty much a family internally.

Not to mention picking a fight with anyone who looked like they may have any little piece of authority like Iker who has done nothing but be the best keeper in the world and a total professional and role model plus example of everything good about Madrid.

Making up crazy conspiracy theories about why he lost games plus turning one of the best games in world football into a rugby match for a while not to mention having Madrid play a very non-Madrid style which other leagues don't care about but in La Liga they do. And also benching players who wouldn't echo his conspiracy theories to the press.

He basically gutted the structure of the organization of anyone who stood up to him or offered him a different opinion. In political terms they call someone like this a tyrant and they have taken whole great civilizations to the ground.

All this while really not winning very much, in fact Fabio Capello was fired while winning the same trophies and being the standard of professionalism but for some reason Mou gets a pass, I really don't know why.

Not to mention I may be the only one who thinks this but I thought Manuel Pellegrini got the shaft and had the team playing great football and on the right track but again was forced out for no reason to make room for this clown.

Does that begin to explain it to you? Some of this behavior can be explained away or ignored if he had won a CL or even a double or something very impressive but his reign is and was very average not to mention he stood on the other end of some embarrassing beatings from Barca as well including the 5-0.

IT's not just the results that count at Madrid as they are basically the standard for other teams to look up to but you have to win and win with style while being professional and respectful as Madrid had always been in the past.

They were the model of world football and you can tell as almost everyone over the age of 20 wants to play for Madrid and holds them in such high esteem as even I do as a Barca fan but not anymore until they get rid of this idiot.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:29 am

The team as a whole is not functioning well. It's that simple. Think of all of our players's work and chemistry together as a tower. One misplaced piece, and the whole thing collapses. That misplaced block is arbeloa and our attacking build up. We NEED a new attacking right back, asap, we should have never loaned carvajal out.

Last season, these problems were lingering (our weaknesses in set pieces was the same but not as apparent, as teams did not take advantage of it) and our ability to create chances without individual brilliance was minimal. Now, its even worse..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 am

"Well Timmy, it all started with a man called Levy"
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 am

What were Madrid without Mou? Not much better tbh though quite successful when Barca and Ronaldinho had their flop...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:58 am

Arquitecto wrote:
The Franchise wrote:How does one become a fan of a coach, wonders never cease.

To be fair to Ninis, I followed and supported any team that Pat Riley went to. But thats just me. :coffee:
I did the same with Larry Brown when he was 76ers then followed him to Psitons. Very Happy
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:59 am

But again I am not a BB fan, I just watch, enjoy, and stfu.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:12 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Idiot wrote:
The Franchise wrote:"Who was Madrid before Mourinho"

I genuinely feel sorry for you for this.

care to enlighten me with your opposite opinion?

i hope you are aware that i was talking about the last decade or so before the arrival of mou,
la liga titles were not won in constant basis from madrid, same things as now.
regarding europe i dont need to talk right? if anything mou only improved that area,

so what has mou done worse from the previous ones? how the hell is he destroying madrid?
hence what the hell was madrid before mou that maked mister nick feel that mou was ruining it?

obviously you garbled my words. no worries

Oh wow, this is an easy one. They were one of the classiest organizations in World football who didn't lower the personal and professional standards for there players and coaches EVER.

Sure they fired good coaches even when they had good seasons.

But they would never ever sell the soul of there team to one man who has made them into a circus act.

Hitting other coaches blaming everyone from the refs, UEFA, other La Liga coaches for losing games, other internal employee's at Madrid who had done there job professionally and did nothing but disagree with this maniac, not full filling his job duties and refusing to do press conference's because he couldn't act like an adult and basically splitting the entire organization apart who no matter how they played in the past were pretty much a family internally.

Not to mention picking a fight with anyone who looked like they may have any little piece of authority like Iker who has done nothing but be the best keeper in the world and a total professional and role model plus example of everything good about Madrid.

Making up crazy conspiracy theories about why he lost games plus turning one of the best games in world football into a rugby match for a while not to mention having Madrid play a very non-Madrid style which other leagues don't care about but in La Liga they do. And also benching players who wouldn't echo his conspiracy theories to the press.

He basically gutted the structure of the organization of anyone who stood up to him or offered him a different opinion. In political terms they call someone like this a tyrant and they have taken whole great civilizations to the ground.

All this while really not winning very much, in fact Fabio Capello was fired while winning the same trophies and being the standard of professionalism but for some reason Mou gets a pass, I really don't know why.

Not to mention I may be the only one who thinks this but I thought Manuel Pellegrini got the shaft and had the team playing great football and on the right track but again was forced out for no reason to make room for this clown.

Does that begin to explain it to you? Some of this behavior can be explained away or ignored if he had won a CL or even a double or something very impressive but his reign is and was very average not to mention he stood on the other end of some embarrassing beatings from Barca as well including the 5-0.

IT's not just the results that count at Madrid as they are basically the standard for other teams to look up to but you have to win and win with style while being professional and respectful as Madrid had always been in the past.

They were the model of world football and you can tell as almost everyone over the age of 20 wants to play for Madrid and holds them in such high esteem as even I do as a Barca fan but not anymore until they get rid of this idiot.
is another thing to say mou is destroying madrid and another mou is destroying madrid's image
two different things from topic's perspective and the way mr nick ment it.

perez was aware of who he was hiring in the first place, he was aware of his character and everything
and he still did hire him, why? apart from the instant success he demanded , he knows, he is smart enough to realize that whatever negative mou as a single human being does off the pitch will affect himself,
everybody knows real madrid's prestige,history and power, one man's actions wont change anything
specially if that man is considered to be the best, he has an image of himself, an image the media stands on,criticises,spoofs and publishes opinion, but does it solely on him.
bullshit such as real madrid's image and prestige is ruined
cause of him are from butthurt fans aka haters
why would they even care? its just to put down mou and only

now success wise i expressed my opinion, mou hasnt done enough while in madrid, but this season aint over yet so time will tell
one thing i know is that till the beggining of this season madrid was only improving under mou,
now things have unpleasantly changed and gone downwards hence this thread and all the hate that revolves arround mou

btw i can assure you that now even more players want to play for madrid

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:25 am

Problem isnt ronaldo in fact he is doing pretty well ,thing is he and the other strikers dont get enough chances to put away, because we cant *bleep* create them . how many chances did we create against the lieks of valladolid ,sevilla ,celta really? compare that with last season and youl get an idea of how atrociously poor we have been. ozil has just started to regain form but even he isnt supplying that many killer balls, modric and di maria havent been very great either, our hoof the ball up routine is so predictable its not even funny.

teams just let us have possession and we do *bleep* with it, they dont know shit apart from scoring when given the chance to counter. and set pieces - oh my god. how many 6 foot plus players do we have lol and still are worse than barcelona in defending set pieces. and this is a problem which has plagued us for some time now
very dissapointing season so far!
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 am

I'm hoping that we go out of the cdr so that perez looses patience with this jack ass and fires him. Just cant wait for madrid to be rid of this clown. We have to go back to the free flowing football that we're associated with. Real's name is synonymous with flowing attractive football and with the players at our disposal any other coach would have them playing like they should. Look at what pellegrini is doing with malaga right now and look at what this guy has done to madrid. Hope he gets sacked before the cl resumes so the new coach can at least have some time to gel with the team.
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:36 pm

There's a high probability we either draw or lose at Malaga next Saturday too. We could end the year 16 points behind lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:40 pm

If Arsenal win tonight (up 3-0), they'll be 15 points out of 1st place. We're 13 points behind and going to Malaga next weekend. Both clubs are in the elimination round of CL.

Is there really such a big difference between the Arsenal and Madrid seasons so far? hmm
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Is there really such a big difference between the Arsenal and Madrid seasons so far? hmm

yes. they sometimes play beautiful football but we are crap in every match.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Reading got 2 goals back. Score is 4-2 now.

Can they pull a Newcastle? lol

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:Can they pull a Newcastle? lol
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........no
Lex