Berlusconi: Milan will try to sign Guardiola

4 posters

Go down

Berlusconi: Milan will try to sign Guardiola Empty Berlusconi: Milan will try to sign Guardiola

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:35 pm

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has claimed Manchester City are targeting a move for former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola.

The 41-year-old left the Catalans at the end of last season to take a break from football yet that has not prevented his future from being the subject of intense speculation.

Guardiola has been heavily linked with a move to Chelsea, despite the recent arrival of Rafael Benitez, and Berlusconi claims there are several Premier League teams chasing the former Barcelona coach.

"There are some English clubs after Guardiola, especially [Manchester] City who have directors that we know very well," Berlusconi told reporters.

“We will try to sign him, but it’s going to be tough.”

The former Italian prime minister also dismissed reports suggesting he was interested in signing Mario Balotelli from Manchester City adding: "A swap deal including [Alexandre] Pato and [Mario] Balotelli? I don't like making exchanges."

I'm not sure how true this is. Would be interesting to see if it does happen. Although with Man City interested, our chances are bleak. I think it all depends on how willing Guardiola is to take on a challange!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Berlusconi: Milan will try to sign Guardiola Empty Re: Berlusconi: Milan will try to sign Guardiola

Post by Dante Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:38 pm

"We will try to sign him"

After calling Pato a problem , now this..
He exposed him uncondiotionaly . At least Galliani is decent enough to lie. I am not worried about if this is going to affect Allegri , because it won't , the man is a pro and he has always been giving his best for Milan since day 1. He really didn't deserve this , now the press will go bananas with him .

And to be frank , there's no chance Guardiola will agree to coach Milan if we cannot guarantee him some real spending power .. no.fkin.chance.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Berlusconi: Milan will try to sign Guardiola Empty Re: Berlusconi: Milan will try to sign Guardiola

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:12 pm

"We will sign Mr X"
"99.9% chance of Ibra and Thiago staying"

Thats all I have to say.I dont give 2 cents about Berlusocni and Galliani anymore
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Quick question guys, would like us to bounce back as a team or with help of financial investment? (a friend asked me this)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:27 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Quick question guys, would like us to bounce back as a team or with help of financial investment? (a friend asked me this)

One thing is certain, if we continue to do things like we have been doing the past few years (selling our best players in their prime and trying to replace them with free agents), we are never getting back to the top.

However, I am not in support of the team being bought by some Arab Billionaire who does not know how to spell the word 'football' and go down the road Man City or QSG went. We need financial investment to get back on the top no matter what, but IMO, making crazy buys and going on spending sprees is not the solution.

If you ask me, the right way to go is invest in youth and build a team for the future (El Sharaawy is a perfect example of that) and TBH, our investment in the youth sector has grown considerably as compared to the past. That is what we should focus on and continue down that path.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 pm

A combination of both ; it's inevitable , me thinks.

No matter who's our coach next season . Allegri , Guardiola or somebody else , he won't be able to make significant progress with such laughable depth and holes in the lineup . There are some certain signings/departures that must happen , in order to build a solid foundation for the future. Cycles begin when a team have the means to realise them , only then.

Even if Allegri is still the coach next season , it's inevitable the club has to make investments. For example , a player like Eriksen fits the bill perfectly. Not only he won't make an exescive buy , he's also young and very talented to begin with and he'll complement our project..

Obviously , we can't expect everything to be resolved right away with investements , but if we want to get back anywhere near the top , these should be bound to happen.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down