BAYERN_MUNICH
juventus101
RoyalBlue
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bundesliga Fans Empty Bundesliga Fans

Post by RoyalBlue Sat 27 Oct - 1:20

I really felt the urge to register and start a topic on something that keeps me baffled:

Bundesliga fans. And I'm not talking about the fans that support their team and attends games, or the fans you see in pubs to watch games. I'm talking about international, internet Bundesliga fans.

What the f.... is up with that? I'm a German Schalke fan and usually browse some forums from time to time (usually from the opposition). I noticed that everytime I read English speaking football forums, there are tons of "Bundesliga fans". They claim they support Bayern or Dortmund or whatever but root for every f....... Bundesliga team that plays internationally. How in the world could you root for your archenemies just for the sake of the league? It's something I can't really understand.

NEVER would I ever support Bayern or that yellow sh** in any competition. I'm hoping that both crash out of the CL as soon as possible and couldn't care less about coefficient points. And NOBODY in Germany would do that. At least I haven't met anybody like that. And I attend nearly every Schalke game and talk to tons of fans of other teams. Also in German speaking forums I never read weird sh** like that. Every NON-Bayern fan was having a party when good old Drogba sealed the win for Chelsea!

That wanking over Bundesliga teams and the league in general is embarrassing and comes across as having an inferiority complex. Stop that weird cult and stick to one team!!

RoyalBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Bundesliga Fans Empty Re: Bundesliga Fans

Post by juventus101 Sat 27 Oct - 1:26

Thats a straight lie. Sorry, but i live in Germany, and when Schalke plays Arsenal for example, every Dortmund or Bayern or Bundesliga fan is either rooting for Schalke, or is neutral. It is extremely rare to see them root for a team from another country.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat 27 Oct - 1:29

juventus101 wrote:Thats a straight lie. Sorry, but i live in Germany, and when Schalke plays Arsenal for example, every Dortmund or Bayern or Bundesliga fan is either rooting for Schalke, or is neutral. It is extremely rare to see them root for a team from another country.

this . I live in Munich and I know no one who hoped that Real would win.

I don't know in which Assi-Dorf you live, but maybe you are one of those people who throw stones against team buses.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalBlue Sat 27 Oct - 1:39

I don't know where you live, but that's BS. I can't speak for those yellow or Bavarian retards as I don't surround myself with those kind of people, but every TRUE Schalke, Frankfurt, Bremen, Hamburg or any other BL team fan would NEVER support BAYERN. Bremen fans would never support HSV. We would only support Nürnberg, as there is a a club friendship between the Club and Schalke. It is not rare, it is common. I assume you don't really know the German football fan scene as you yourself support Juve.

@Bayern Fan

lol. no sh**, Einstein. You live in Munich. Of course many people support those arrogant cu***. Ever been to the district Giesing in Munich? These guys were wearing Real and Chelsea jerseys during the semis and the final!!

Last edited by RoyalBlue on Sat 27 Oct - 1:43; edited 1 time in total

RoyalBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat 27 Oct - 1:43

I live in Koln and am friends with some hardcore Koln fans, as well as one Schalke fan. Yes, he hates Dortmund, he even calls them Ludenscheid Nord, but he still supported them over Real for example. Theyre still German first and foremost.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalBlue Sat 27 Oct - 1:48

Do you know what kind of fan club these cologne fans belong to? Cause I know a bunch of hardcore cologne fans and ultras. No way did they support Bayern over Real. And that a Lüdenscheider supports Bayern just proves my point that they are mentally retarded people. But seriously, even the great majority of these idiots would never support Bayern.

RoyalBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat 27 Oct - 1:53

Theyre older, theyre not ultras or anything. Just very, VERY devoted fans.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 27 Oct - 2:30

I can't support Manc United or Everton in any competition, but I usually wish other English clubs good fortune in Europe. I was happy that Chelsea won the Champions League. Although betting can change this very easily, had I had money on Bayern winning the final, I'd have obviously supported them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat 27 Oct - 2:42

Art Morte wrote:I can't support Manc United or Everton in any competition, but I usually wish other English clubs good fortune in Europe. I was happy that Chelsea won the Champions League. Although betting can change this very easily, had I had money on Bayern winning the final, I'd have obviously supported them.

I'd agree with this. Aside from Manure I like seeing BPL teams doing well in Europe.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Sat 27 Oct - 2:54

Dude, not every football fan is in the same"scene" you are talking about. I love, play and watch football since i was in first grade, and frankly, i'm an adult now and i do not care what anyone think is the right thing to do as far as supporting german teams goes.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalBlue Sat 27 Oct - 2:57

I think I should clear things up:

I don't have a problem if, for example, a Freiburg fan supports Leverkusen in the Europa League or any German team for that matter. The same thing with other leagues.

But every true non-Bayern fan would never support Bayern in any competition.
And you should never support your rival.

And that's true for every league. Replace Bayern with ManU, Real or maybe Juve (not sure) and it's the same.

I, myself, have a don't give a sh** attitude about other Bundesliga teams in Europe and just like to see awesome games.

RoyalBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalBlue Sat 27 Oct - 3:03

ELO wrote:Dude, not every football fan is in the same"scene" you are talking about. I love, play and watch football since i was in first grade, and frankly, i'm an adult now and i do not care what anyone think is the right thing to do as far as supporting german teams goes.

the "scene" I'm talking about is not only the hardcore or Ultra scene but the normal football fan scene. I'm not a Ultra, just know many of them. I just find it weird to cheer for your rival just because of a false sense of nationalism. that's stupid and has nothing to do with proper support of your favorite club. if you want to support every club from a league, don't claim you're a fan of one club. a schalke fan supporting bayern or dortmund is not a schalke fan, but a sad bastard with limited self-esteem.

RoyalBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat 27 Oct - 4:01

I mean you you have to seperate things. I am a Bayern fan and we have no single rival in germany because clubs like Schalke are simply one level under Bayern, thats a fact.
So i have no problem with smaller clubs like Schalke or Dortmund winning in Europe because they won't get anything in the Bundesliga or the Pokal Very Happy

And if we meet Schalke or Dortmund they will get kicked out of Europe, so I don't understand the problem here. I can understand you as a Schalke fan, because you get destroyed by Bayern every f*kin single time they meet each other on the pitch. So in your position i would hate Bayern too i guess Very Happy
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 27 Oct - 4:03

Well, I always support all BL teams in Europe, but then, my club is nowhere near even the EL. Heck, we are even nowhere near the BL right now, so I can support all the BL teams I feel cool Razz

BTW, in my company there are lots of football fans and they also support all German teams when they go against non-German opposition. It is all for the good of the BL as a whole if we stay as high as possible in the UEFA ranking after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat 27 Oct - 4:10

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:I mean you you have to seperate things. I am a Bayern fan and we have no single rival in germany because clubs like Schalke are simply one level under Bayern, thats a fact.
So i have no problem with smaller clubs like Schalke or Dortmund winning in Europe because they won't get anything in the Bundesliga or the Pokal Very Happy

And if we meet Schalke or Dortmund they will get kicked out of Europe, so I don't understand the problem here. I can understand you as a Schalke fan, because you get destroyed by Bayern every f*kin single time they meet each other on the pitch. So in your position i would hate Bayern too i guess Very Happy

First statement doesn't make sense. The past 2 years Dortmund(2 league + 1 cup) and Schalke(1 cup) have won all 4 domestic trophies while Bayern have had none.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat 27 Oct - 4:33

You do realize that '97 is considered the greatest year in Revier football right - The Revier took home both European trophies and it wasn't about one team having a better trophy than another, it was about the Revier being kings of Europe - the same sentiment extends outside that region.

Now I don't deny that overall there's an anti-Bayern sentiment in Germany but in international competitions that sentiment is less.

And of course Giesing is going to be ecstatic about Bayern not winning the CL would you expect any less?

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sat 27 Oct - 4:55

i'm a 10 year season ticket holder at hamburg but i "support" bayern when they play internationally. same for schalke, dortmund - even werder. with werder it was usually more because of the benefit that international competition occupies them and they would fail in bundesliga more often than not. i don't get up to celebrate their goals or anything..

fact is, the more points bundesliga earns, the more realistic it becomes for HSV to qualify for CL. it's hardly possible for us to get into the top3 right now, so we'll need that fourth CL slot as a chance. i also know tons of very opinionated fans who do the same.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat 27 Oct - 5:14

Yo clarify, i didnt mean a Schalke fan is gonna watch a Dortmund CL game and be passionate about the game and scream when they score, but if you went up to someone on t street before Dortmund-Real for example and asked them.who theyd rather have win, 95% in Germany would say Dortmund.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat 27 Oct - 8:46

I'm not German or anything, but it makes perfect sence: the better Buli does, the more coefficient points are earned and the more CL spots are awarded. More CL spots means more money, high end experience and added prestige, which result in stronger teams and better league. Hell, I wasn't that mad when Dortmund smashed Bayern, because it meant there wasn't just 1 superteam anymore. Schalke doing very well lately, I hope for them to become as strong as Dortmund.

Also, we have 3 NT players in the league, more so than in any other top European league and I naturally want their teams doing well.

I watch a lot of PL and Bundesliga and usually want Serie A and Liga teams doing badly, just out of league loyalty.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 27 Oct - 8:50

Sushi Master wrote:I'm not German or anything, but it makes perfect sence: the better Buli does, the more coefficient points are earned and the more CL spots are awarded. More CL spots means more money, high end experience and added prestige, which result in stronger teams and better league. Hell, I wasn't that mad when Dortmund smashed Bayern, because it meant there wasn't just 1 superteam anymore. Schalke doing very well lately, I hope for them to become as strong as Dortmund.

Also, we have 3 NT players in the league, more so than in any other top European league and I naturally want their teams doing well.

I watch a lot of PL and Bundesliga and usually want Serie A and Liga teams doing badly, just out of league loyalty.

To me that's a far stretch, trying to support one of my club's direct rivals just for some coefficient points for the league I like the best. No, not gonna happen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 27 Oct - 8:58

This isn't strictly related to Bundesliga but i agree with royalblue on this one. I don't understand how some people can support their rivals in the CL. It will just feel disgusting to support man united in the CL games for example.

PS: can you please clam down with using offensive names though royalblue.

Thanks, and welcome to the forum
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat 27 Oct - 9:21

Art Morte wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I'm not German or anything, but it makes perfect sence: the better Buli does, the more coefficient points are earned and the more CL spots are awarded. More CL spots means more money, high end experience and added prestige, which result in stronger teams and better league. Hell, I wasn't that mad when Dortmund smashed Bayern, because it meant there wasn't just 1 superteam anymore. Schalke doing very well lately, I hope for them to become as strong as Dortmund.

To me that's a far stretch, trying to support one of my club's direct rivals just for some coefficient points for the league I like the best. No, not gonna happen.
I have an advantage in this, due to supporting the league's most hated club in Bayern. Plus I'm not German and do not inherit the local regional rivalries. Bayern's direct rival is Munich 1860 who is in the 2nd Bundesliga... so there is nothing near the level of ManU-Liverpool or Schalke-Dortmund.

The Bundesliga isn't the PL where you have 4 or 5 clubs with enough quality to be a title threat, so you naturally fear them. There's usually Bayern and a completely random team, lately being Dortmund. I don't hold ill feeling towards the other clubs. The quality of refs in the BL is high, and when Bayern loses it's totally due to it's own fault. :coffee:

It's funny because even though I support Arsenal, I don't support any PL clubs in the CL. I hate most, frankly.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat 27 Oct - 9:43

Art Morte wrote:

Not sure about the international fans, but it's a unity of Germany kind of thing - the rivalries are very rarely overly malicious.

And Sushi, the 1860/Bayern rivalry is still as heated as ever and one of the least friendly rivalries in my experience (But fits into the upperclass rich vs. working class rivalry) - a lot of people I know want to have a derby for the sake of having a derby to kindle that passion and the U6 can get pretty dangerous if you get into a subway with the wrong set of Ultras.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Sat 27 Oct - 9:46

the word "support" is relative, i mean what are we talkin about here. i don't think any cologne fan jumps around in the living room when leverkusen scores in EL. it's more like:"ok you represent bundesliga now, i'd prefer it's somebody else, but we can't change it now so atleast represent the league well".

hell, is every fan obliged to hate on their rivals 24/7? that's some childish shit. nobody "supports" their rival because they'd like to, there is always some background. knowing their fanbase are a bunch of true academics, it doesn't surprise me that schalke fans don't get that. not everybody wakes up in the beautiful city of gelsenkrichen each day with nothing else to do than to freak out about random stuff that happens in another shithole 30 km away.

i really couldn't care less about werder bremen internationally, but when i see them fail in the last minutes like a few years ago against juventus i just feel embarassed for germany. at the same time it makes you laugh since u dislike these idiots and there is nothing better than seeing tim wiese cry in a pink shirt. but bottom line is, it doesn't matter if that's werder,schalke or unterhaching as long as it brings benefit to the league your team is active in.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat 27 Oct - 14:45

Toffer Harley wrote: there is nothing better than seeing tim wiese cry in a pink shirt.

rofl

I agree with you that blind hate is childish and only ends up in violence and hooliganism.

Stealing and hanging banners in rival stadiums, the city nicknames (Herne West, Lüdenscheid-Nord) all add a tongue in cheek quality to the rivalries - while there are always going to be extremists the number is quite low.

I'm pretty sure Idri does the support other Buli clubs internationally thing not because of nationalism but to lessen the embarrassment of being Dortmund's bitch for two years. But by beating Real Madrid this simply enforces the strength of the Buli atm (and thus reasoning that Dortmund won the Buli because they were good, not that Bayern is bad) which brings me to my next point.

When Bayern is mocked it frequently comes along with inferior league type comments which insults every club in the Buli's so part of the general Buli support internationally is a defence mechanism - people don't want the very competition their team plays in being dissed.

Then there's the lack of Buli followers in this forum anyways so we all huddle in our Buli thread to avoid the Madrid/Barca/EPL fanboys while trying to promote the Buli by having a massive thread in General Discussion.

Germany is also unique in Europe with its sense of unification despite its differing cultures (Bavaria comes to mind) when everyone else wants to split up and gain independence so this sentiment carries through in international competitions.

The fact that rivalries are almost always region based compared to other leagues success, controversy and political based rivalries allows international fans to keep a similar sentiment like Sushi describes. The RM - Barca rivalry is politically and success based whilst Liverpool - Manchester is heavily success and partly regional with a sprinkle of controversy.

One of the things that makes the 1860/Bayern rivalry on the hostile end is the class difference induced rivalry which is supplemented by controversy (Allianz Arena)

Last edited by Phritz on Sat 27 Oct - 15:32; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next