McAgger
Onyx
Helmer
Art Morte
Red Alert
Nishankly
10 posters

Go down

Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST | Empty Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST |

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST | Liverpool_93XvsLiverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST | Reading2_crest_93X

Venue - Anfield

Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST | Anfield_Road_UEFA

Team news for Liverpool-

Lucas, Kelly, Borini are long term injuries.
Reina is fit.

Team expected - Reina, Glen, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique*, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Suso*, Sterling, Suarez.

Players who might start - Wisdom or Assaidi.

Hopefully we get the 3 points.
YNWA
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST | Empty Re: Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST |

Post by Red Alert Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:12 pm

"Hopefully 3 points"

Am I the only one confident about this game?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST | Empty Re: Liverpool vs Reading | October 20th | Friday | 1500BST |

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:56 pm

I was confident about the Stoke game and look what happened there...

But no way Reading will keep a clean sheet, but they might get a goal of their own, so I'm guessing we need to find the net more than once here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Just read some interesting stats:
silent Reading won their last visit to Anfield in an FA Cup, giving the first win for the coach

Wink we have scored more goals than any other team from outside the penalty area this season (5); so we understand the desperate need of a finisher.

:facepalm: Pepe Reina has saved just 35% of shots on target from inside his area faced this season, the lowest rate of any current first-choice ‘keeper.

But I am confident, we will take three points (if we could make their counter attempts unsuccessfull)

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:02 am

Art Morte wrote:I was confident about the Stoke game and look what happened there...

But no way Reading will keep a clean sheet, but they might get a goal of their own, so I'm guessing we need to find the net more than once here.

Reading don't play like Stoke. Stoke City is one of the worst teams in the league to play against. They don't play football. They play the man. And what's astonishing is that they're protected from referees. They should of had atleast a sending off in the last game.

I don't see Reading as a threat. Granted I've only seen them play once this season, but we really should be taking games like these with the 3 points. I'm confident we'll have a clean sheet.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:50 am

Today's October 20th. tongue

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 am

Shelvey's suspension is over, we might see him start ahead of Sahin.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 am

I really don't get why Pacheco doesn't get an opportunity. His attitude is great and he played really well against West Brom, premier league opposition. He deserves a run in the team.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 am

Well you see, Sterling and Suso have been much more impressive, so it's not like he doesn't have any competition. And there is also Assaidi and Yesil who imo have been more impressive in the games (NT, U21 PL, First Team) than Pacheco.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:15 pm

last time i put money on you lot beat Norwich and ive got money on you (and wet spam) tonight, so dont let me down!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 pm

LFC team to face Reading: Jones; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Gerrard, Allen, Sahin; Suso, Suárez, Sterling

LFC subs: Gulacsi, Shelvey, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Carragher, Enrique. No striker on bench... :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Complete domination in the first half. Should be up by more than just one. Everyone is lively. Sterling :bow: his first goal for us. Beautiful assist by Suarez. Defense has been great. Jones :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Absolutely pathetic display in the last 10 minutes. I thought we were supposed to keep possession at the end of matches when we have slim leads. Reading dominated the ball :facepalm: in that stretch. Suarez was lively today but so frustrating with his finishing. Could've scored 5 ffs.

Wisdom was shite today. Was caught on possession on multiple occasion which could've cost us dearly.

But 3 points nonetheless, first win at Anfield :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:47 pm

vasanthPato wrote: I really don't get why Pacheco doesn't get an opportunity. His attitude is great and he played really well against West Brom, premier league opposition. He deserves a run in the team.

Because he's been given several opportunities and failed to make any sort of impact in all of them. He's been out performed by several players younger than him, and as such they've overtaken him in the playing hierarchy.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:52 pm

I wouldn't lose a sweat if Pacheco was sold. He's had his chances in the last 4 seasons, but hasn't really shown much other than his early potential. He's almost 22 and hasn't done anything special. Should clear space for some other players on the squad.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Vital three points, next time just a goal or two more.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Our first win in Prem THIS YEAR. ANFIELD OR AWAY FROM ANFIELD...IN 2012 when we scored less than 3 goals and won Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:06 am

Schweini wrote:Our first win in Prem THIS YEAR. ANFIELD OR AWAY FROM ANFIELD...IN 2012 when we scored less than 3 goals and won Shocked

2nd win. Forgetting Norwich?

OT: Solid if not underwhelming result. But considering the past 2 years, a win at Anfield vs a minnow team is more relieving then a win against a rival away.

I liked how we started the match as careful possession build up- followed by Suarez and Sahin creating bulk of the chances with clever tricks and passes. It showed that we need to vary our pace and between when to be direct and when to be patient. Brad Jones was an absolute masterclass today. Finally showing that command between the sticks and was magnificent with his frequent punches of the ball and excellent positioning. Gave the defence a calm that would make Zoff proud. I love Pepe, but it really wouldn't upset me if Jones gets more spots because frankly, he deserves it. Wisdom had his first and only bad game of the season and the bulk of Reading's chances' created where through his complete inexperience yet this does not worry me considering we know his potential. Dagger-Skrtel were PERFECT. Agger was class and composed on the ball while Skrtel won so many aerial battles it was unbelievable. Completely cancelled all impending threat from the middle. Johnson may be better in defence down the left but looks really uncomfortable in attack and his attempts to switch to his right foot make his attack predictable and hesitant. Keep note when Enrique came as LB with Glen on the left wing, it took a load of Glen's back, in which all his hesitancy evaporated whilst he could attack freely. Gerrard was quite in the 1st but vital in the 2nd with his excellent authoritative passes. Sahin was neat and tidy but faded in the 2nd. I wouldn't have taken him off so early as he looked disappointed. Sterling was excellent but he needs to learn when to pass in his timing along with that he holds and slows down the play too much at times. Suso was tidy but quiet uncharacteristically. Suarez didn't finish but who cares. By far our MOTM along with Skrtel as our False 9 dynamo caused all sorts of problems left, right and center.

In the future I would like us to be more composed in possession as especially when we really need to. Near the end of the game our midfield was sloppy as we should not let Reading out possess us especially when we are trained better in that respect. I would like to see Assaidi start with Suarez continuing his false 9. Hendo needs more chances while I'd keep Shlevey as an impact sub. 6 points in the last 2 games is perfect as despite being minnows, this is exactly what we need considering we are known to collapse vs the worse sides, whilst only turning it up for the best. We are gaining momentum as a win vs Everton can truly be our turning point of the season.

I don't want to talk about Anfield and how utterly shit it has been for the past year as Serie C clubs have a better atmosphere. Kop? What Kop?

Funniest part of this whole match were the ironic cheers to the refs especially when Suarez earned the free kick. Truly pumped the Uruguayan after that. His relationship with the cub is stronger then ever.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:12 am

Schweini wrote:Our first win in Prem THIS YEAR. ANFIELD OR AWAY FROM ANFIELD...IN 2012 when we scored less than 3 goals and won Shocked

You missed the part in red, Arq.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:40 am

RedOranje wrote:

You missed the part in red, Arq.

My apologies to Sepi and Red. Its kind of late here, so I know you gentlemen will excuse me.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:47 am

see what happens when i put money on Liverpool :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:46 am

fatman123 wrote:see what happens when i put money on Liverpool :coffee:

We the Liverpool Section fully expect you now to continue gambling your finances onto Liverpool now that you have made this statement. One of the biggest matches of the season is approaching next week, (Merseyside Derby) as we hope you do not disappoint us by withdrawing your decision to bet money on Liverpool FC.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down