Abramovich
DuringTheWar
BarcaKizz
FennecFox7
VanDeezNuts
The Sanchez
12 posters

Go down

What makes a great creative midfielder Empty What makes a great creative midfielder

Post by The Sanchez Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:12 am

I hear the comparisons of Pirlo and Xavi and their roles as creative midfielders though to build up knowledge for others, what key reasons of the making of a creative midfielder?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What makes a great creative midfielder Empty Re: What makes a great creative midfielder

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:28 am

The Sanchez wrote:I hear the comparisons of Pirlo and Xavi and their roles as creative midfielders though to build up knowledge for others, what key reasons of the making of a creative midfielder?

vision, technique, a range of passing and offensive awareness are all key to being a good creative midfielder imo.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

What makes a great creative midfielder Empty Re: What makes a great creative midfielder

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:12 am

I think the most important thing is to be calm, composed and balanced, along with having an awareness of the field and to hold the ball under pressure very well.

Along with that, the more precision for your passes, the better.
Xavi, pirlo, and modric are players I like alot because of this.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:21 am

Awareness of space and your surroundings it the number one thing for me. All those other things of course are important, but I think this comes first.

Its what gives guys like Xavi time and that calm on the ball. He never looks rushed and yet he's always a step ahead of you. All the great players and playmakers just look like they're playing in slowmotion while everyone around them is rushing to keep pace with them. Pirlo is the same.

If you have this awareness, generally you have great vision and you are comfy on the ball. Passing etc. then are other assets which make you great.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Pretty simple tip but something anyone at any level can add to their game, when the ball is passed to you look over your shoulder. Do it early when the ball has just been passed so you dont miscontrol. It is so simple and so underestimated, it can improve your game dramatically, and requires barely any talent. Why do these top pros look like they have time on the ball and great awareness? its not rocket science, watch how often they look around, even when they dont have the ball.

(you still wont be as good as xavi though Very Happy )
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Vision and technique (passing and ball control) and I would say to some extent dribbling especially if you playing the #10 role, beating a man getting another man out of position to press you then release that killer ball :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Control & vision are the most important factors IMO
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 am

basically the ability to find a striker free , doesn't matter how from implanting the fake boobs and showing to opponent to throw a genius through ball or dribbling and make defenders to gather around him and forget mR striker

ability to come outa tight spots

great positioning and vision and passing ability
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:52 pm

Well obviously being creative would be a plus.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:36 am

I think once the player has sufficient talent in the creative role passing, strength, technique & vision etc imo the very key element of excelling that talent for a creative midfielder is his decision making.

I play semi pro level, recently we had a match and our opponents midfielder was a tiny turkish guy he was just outstanding and very young.
At one stage 3 players closed him down and I was sure he'd lose possession he swiveled out of it but his decision making was superb and he'd rarely lose the ball because of that.
Knowing what your capable of and what to do at the right time makes a better player imo no matter the position but it's definitely key for the creative midfielder.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Here's what I think :

Unselfishness : No explanation needed. Might just be the most obvious one.

Excellent Dribbling : I would go as far as to say that a good attacking midfielder should have an even better dribbling than the forwards of the team.

Accurate shooting : This one may create a controversy, but have a look at Gerrard's goals.......sometimes when our attacking-mid is somewhere around the box, no passes or dribbling is required. Just a powerful-but-precise shot into the net

Vision : To deliver those killer-passes.

Good work rate : Winning the ball back (though a good attacking-mid should never lose the it anyway).

I can't think of anything beyond these.
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:17 pm

The most important facets of a great creative midfielder:

• When the opponent closes down, the player should have a great first touch so as to swiftly pass the ball around.
  • Passing, technique and vision should be top notch.
  • Should be composed at all times, even in high pressure situations.
  • Should be unselfish.

ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down