Kick
Gil
Firenze
Ganso
Shed
28 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread

Post by Uncanny Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:26 am

^^as much as a Torres fan I am he is not the reason ancelotti and AVB were sacked.   Ancelotti was let go because Abramovich wanted a refreshment, and most most of us wanted too.  And AVB? Well lmao his Chelsea tenure is more laughable than Torres' to be honest.  But I agree with the Times that the Torres dilemma is a huge hinderance to mourinho's new stint.  If nothing else goes Torres knows this is his absolute last chance- but I want to see what mou can do with Torres as I know that if results aren't showing he is not a manager to cower and change things up.

Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread

Post by Soul Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 am

While Torres is not the sole problem, he played a major part in all 3 sackings.

As for giving him one last chance? No way. No player is bigger than the club. And having given him a chance to play along side Drogs, then investing millions to ensure he gets top service, and not signing any major strikers to make him feel 'confident' didn't result in anything good for the club.

While AVB wasn't a good man manager, he wasn't helped by having a striker that couldn't score.

I don't want to see Mourinho to get sacked just because he didn't sign a competent striker and decided to experiment with Torres. He's been given more than enough time and effort by the players, managers and the fans.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:28 am

Mourinho wont get sacked because of torres, if one thing like i said he isnt afraid to put his foot down. He already stated what he felt about torres which is "so-so", and he is open to offers for him but we all know offers wont be put out for him, so my guess is that mourinho will most probably stick with him this season while putting a better rotating policy with lukaku and ba. I think by then end of this upcoming season we will see a better lukaku, and a decent ba and torres, who knows maybe an introduction of islam feruz at the end of the games.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Ancelloti's departure had to do a lot with Torres. He was under pressure to play him, since January Drogba was suddenly benched. Then no more goals were being scored and the rest is history. As much as Carlo does not develop the youth, he is still a good manager.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:59 am

Jose Mourinho wants competition for Fernando Torres at Chelsea:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23459890

"I think Fernando should be happy because we have competition in the team and that is good for everybody in every position."

"I think Fernando will be pleased because during his time at Chelsea he was basically the only striker and then after that there was the arrival of Ba in January."

"Now the team has three strikers and that is good."
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight......

He could barely cope when his only competition in the squad was himself, how is he now magically going to thrive with 2 or 3 superior players rivaling him for the spot in the team?

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:24 am

He could barely cope with a 34 year old spent Drogba competing with him.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:44 am

I think the most compelling case against him, even more so than over-the-hill Drog who managed to out-perform him consistently with relative ease, is his absolutely woeful showings from August-January last season when the only competition he had for his spot literally was thin air. First it was too much competition, now it's not enough. Gimme a feckin' break.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:09 am

Just play Lukaku and be done with it if we're not buying a CF.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:05 am

Kick wrote:Just play Lukaku and be done with it if we're not buying a CF.

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 38 Tumblr_mqizd7Nafs1ruhh4yo1_1280

Proud

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:07 am

Drogba 2.0 and Rooney up top, Jose's wet dreams. Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 am

Play two up top???

Blasphemy!! The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 38 2276801876
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:12 am

No, I mean as our CF options Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:14 am

Oh Smile 
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:18 am

No need for Ba-d or Fernandon't Scorres.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:14 am

Could've sworn I saw this fekker sitting on the bench in that last match.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:28 am

A premonition for the season ahead, perhaps? Twisted Evil
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:38 am

soon there will be Torres AND Nasri bench jokes. Thumbs up 
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:35 pm

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 38 Tumblr_mqr755kFX11ruhh4yo1_500

God if only it were true Crying or Very sad

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Go Torres!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Valencia want Torres to replace Spurs-bound Soldado:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2381357/Fernando-Torres-wanted-Valencia-replace-Roberto-Soldado.html

Oh please let it be true, football gods The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 38 T0807

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:32 pm

lol you and your epic emoticons Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:55 pm

rofl 
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:33 pm

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 38 Tumblr_mqpuuwkLLy1qc78ubo1_500

And another trip to the hairdressers for Nina Rolling Eyes

He's had more hairstyles at the club than goals.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Mourinho aims to help Torres become one of Europe's best: Chelsea to resume Torres kowtowing:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2383810/Jose-Mourinho-help-Fenando-Torres-Europes-best.html

"We know Torres’ game. When we see Torres with his back to goal surrounded by two or three opponents, we know that he is not going to produce a piece of magic."

"But this is Torres. We want the team not to learn how to play with him, but to improve how to play with him."
"We won’t re-model his game, it is impossible to re-model his game. But we want to adapt the team and teach the team how to use his best qualities, because his game is his game."

"He is what he is and he is very good with the qualities that he has got. So we need to learn and support his game."
"I feel he is highly motivated, he works very hard. I think some of the work we do with the team in terms of attack suits his qualities."

"So let’s see what happens. We are here to support him."

And so it continues...

:facepalm:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:02 am

Shed wrote:Mourinho aims to help Torres become one of Europe's best: Chelsea to resume Torres kowtowing:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2383810/Jose-Mourinho-help-Fenando-Torres-Europes-best.html

"We know Torres’ game. When we see Torres with his back to goal surrounded by two or three opponents, we know that he is not going to produce a piece of magic."

"But this is Torres. We want the team not to learn how to play with him, but to improve how to play with him."
"We won’t re-model his game, it is impossible to re-model his game. But we want to adapt the team and teach the team how to use his best qualities, because his game is his game."

"He is what he is and he is very good with the qualities that he has got. So we need to learn and support his game."
"I feel he is highly motivated, he works very hard. I think some of the work we do with the team in terms of attack suits his qualities."

"So let’s see what happens. We are here to support him."

And so it continues...

:facepalm:

Laughing
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Fernando Torres reaching end of Chelsea career, says Jamie Carragher:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8891242/fernando-torres-reaching-end-of-chelsea-career-says-jamie-carragher

"I'm wondering if Mourinho was sending a message to the owner in the stands."

"We all know he wants Rooney, that's obvious. He's basically saying that his strikers aren't good enough; that's what he's telling the world out there."
"You could say it's probably the end at Chelsea. I didn't think he was going to have too great a time under Mourinho."

"As soon as Jose came in his quotes were quite negative about Torres. He started him in the first game against Hull and he was poor. I don't think he got stripped for the second game against Villa."
"I've played with Torres at Old Trafford and he tortured Nemanja Vidic, he totally took him to the cleaners on this pitch in 2009. You wouldn't have swapped him for anyone."

"But now he can't even get on the pitch ahead of André Schürrle, who is only a winger. For me, in terms of an individual player, I don't think we'll ever see Torres come back to being the player we saw a few years ago against Vidic at Old Trafford."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next